NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000)

Rate My Keto Diet Please

3 scrambled eggs = 20g protein 23g fat -breakfast

74g almonds = 18g protein 15g carbs 45g fat -lunch

8tbsp peanut butter = 28g protein 28g carbs 64g fat - lunch

pre and post workout shakes = 50g Protein

1 1/2 Chicken breast or 1 can of tuna = 33g protein - dinner

I''ll try and find low carb versions of the peanut butter.

1956kcals 149g protein 43g carbs 132fat
    Last edited by NYCJovi; 04-10-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Understand the science, create the art.
    "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great
    "If I understand other people rather than project my own model on to them then I'll have a little more tolerance in my life." - Peter Sage
    XBL GT= Cloqwerq

BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000)
    You only eat almonds and peanut butter for lunch?
    I would add some read meat and throw in another meal during the day, but cut back on the calories on the other meals.
    Airborne Paratrooper
    U.S. Navy, JSOC
    Combat Veteran OEF/OIF '01-'04

JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5/10
    Too many carbs! Skip the peanut butter, eat steak and eggs! Use peanut butter as a small snack when one of your friends busts out a big ass snickers, not as a meal

NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000) NYCJovi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BLWNUP View Post
    You only eat almonds and peanut butter for lunch?
    I would add some read meat and throw in another meal during the day, but cut back on the calories on the other meals.
    Yeah. I don't know how to cut back more calories. That diet as bare as i can possibly think of. Cutting ****ing sucks.

Originally Posted by JKN77 View Post
    5/10
    Too many carbs! Skip the peanut butter, eat steak and eggs! Use peanut butter as a small snack when one of your friends busts out a big ass snickers, not as a meal
    I'll try and find low carb peanut butter if i can. I don't have the personal money for steak.

EDIT: I can probably get some ****ty cut of steak to eat actually.
    "If I understand other people rather than project my own model on to them then I'll have a little more tolerance in my life." - Peter Sage
    XBL GT= Cloqwerq

JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NYCJovi View Post
    Yeah.

I'll try and find low carb peanut butter if i can. I don't have the personal money for steak.
    1lb of ground chuck = $3 and zero carbs
    1lb of natty PB = $2.89 and 56g carbs

1lb of ground chuck = $3 and zero carbs
    1lb of natty PB = $2.89 and 56g carbs
    Would ground sirloin be acceptable instead? What do you think about this instead?

BREAKFAST
    3 scrambled eggs = 20g protein 23g fat

74g almonds = 18g protein 15g carbs 45g fat

LUNCH
    4oz ground sirloin = 30g protein 17g fat

Workout
    Pre and post workout shakes = 50g Protein

Dinner
    1 1/2 Chicken breast or 1 can of tuna = 33g protein 1,712 calories

Total = 171g protein | 15g carbs | 108 grams of fat | 1,712 calories

Following the whole 15 x body weight calculation my maintenance calories would are 2,850. So my daily macros are 1, 138 under maintenance. I'm skeptical to the whole 15 x body weight though because nearly 3k calories for just maintenance seems like a lot imo.

Any and all honest help would be really appreciated. This is my first cut and i want to get it right.
    XBL GT= Cloqwerq

Looks good man maybe some bacon for breakfast instead of the almonds or maybe some oils, heavy cream... These will also cut down on food cost!

Originally Posted by NYCJovi View Post
    Would ground sirloin be acceptable instead? What do you think about this instead?

BREAKFAST

74g almonds = 18g protein 15g carbs 45g fat

LUNCH
    4oz ground sirloin = 30g protein 17g fat

Workout
    Pre and post workout shakes = 50g Protein

Dinner
    1 1/2 Chicken breast or 1 can of tuna = 33g protein 1,712 calories

Total = 171g protein | 15g carbs | 108 grams of fat | 1,712 calories

Following the whole 15 x body weight calculation my maintenance calories would are 2,850. So my daily macros are 1, 138 under maintenance. I'm skeptical to the whole 15 x body weight though because nearly 3k calories for just maintenance seems like a lot imo.

Any and all honest help would be really appreciated. This is my first cut and i want to get it right.

Looks good man maybe some bacon for breakfast instead of the almonds or maybe some oils, heavy cream... These will also cut down on food cost!
    Wow. I completely forgot about bacon. If i swap that with the almonds i'll be down to practically no carbs. Thanks and mad reps for a long ass time.
    XBL GT= Cloqwerq

Definitely add someoils, this will bring your fat up to par, I was also skeptical with the cals, set three days aside to eat a set number of calories, if you loose weight in this time up your cals, if you gain weight lower them, if you maintain your weight, that's your Maintnance level, much more accurate the the 15x bw formula...
    Macros should be 65% fat 35% protein <5% carbs
    Example 195lb male 20%bf
    2000 cals
    Fat-145g
    Protein - 140g
    Carbs - 25g

Definitely add someoils, this will bring your fat up to par, I was also skeptical with the cals, set three days aside to eat a set number of calories, if you loose weight in this time up your cals, if you gain weight lower them, if you maintain your weight, that's your Maintnance level, much more accurate the the 15x bw formula...
    Macros should be 65% fat 35% protein <5% carbs
    Example 195lb male 20%bf
    2000 cals
    Fat-145g
    Protein - 140g
    Carbs - 25g
    When you say add some oils do you mean like drink a few tablespoons of them? I figured that would be the best way to get them but i'll ask since i'm not sure. Thanks for the reminder about the formula. I saw it in http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293 but forgot about it.

Also i'm confused on this from that same thread:

3F. The Gloom of Induction

If this is your first time ever on a ketogenic metabolism, or if you haven't been under ketosis for a long time, then you will experience a period of induction in which your body adjusts itself to a ketogenic metabolism. The length of this induction varies, but can last anywhere from 10 to 30 days.

During this period, you will most likely experience headaches, brain fog, cramps, moodiness, and fatigue.

This is normal and temporary. After this induction period, your body will be fully adjusted to a ketogenic metabolism and your energy will suddenly be tripled.

It is important to stay under ketosis until your body is fully adjusted. Do not undergo any "carb-ups" until this induction is complete. You will know because all of your symptoms and sluggishness will disappear completely and you will suddenly feel fine.
    Does this mean that i shouldn't carb up on the weekends until the induction period blows over? I'm doing CKD and from what i've read in http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497 i should carb up on the weekend.

I'm doing this as of today
    3D. How to Enter Ketosis Quickly, Easily, and Reliably

Here is a full-proof method to enter ketosis:

Day 1:

- Do not eat anything after 6 p.m.

Day 2:

- Wake up and perform HIIT or intense conditioning/weight training on an empty stomach

- Begin a strict ketogenic diet with 0-2% of calories attributed to carbohydrates

Day 3:

- Wake up and perform HIIT or intense conditioning/weight training on an empty stomach

- Begin a normal ketogenic diet with 5% of calories attributed to carbohydrates.

If not already, you will soon be in ketosis in a short matter of time.
    XBL GT= Cloqwerq

I have never took a shot of oil (that's disgusting) I mix it with vinegar and put it on some spinach with a meal, of I cook my eggs in it... The keto diet is meant to allow you to enjoy your food!

As for the carb up, a lot of people throw a lot of Stuff out there that to me is a bunch of hooplah! I experimented with everything from 2days to 12 hours and low GI vs high GI, personally I just do one big cheat meal with dessert (ive got a famous ice cream shop teo doors down) a week, last meal on Saturday after leg workout. Just experiment to see war works for you.
    For the induction and wen to do your first carb up/cheat meal, there is no set number of days to wait, just eat a keto diet for a minimum of two weeks if you are still experiencing headaches, bad breath, fatigue, or irritability continue in your diet until these subdued and then do your carb up/cheat

I have never took a shot of oil (that's disgusting) I mix it with vinegar and put it on some spinach with a meal, of I cook my eggs in it... The keto diet is meant to allow you to enjoy your food!

As for the carb up, a lot of people throw a lot of Stuff out there that to me is a bunch of hooplah! I experimented with everything from 2days to 12 hours and low GI vs high GI, personally I just do one big cheat meal with dessert (ive got a famous ice cream shop teo doors down) a week, last meal on Saturday after leg workout. Just experiment to see war works for you.
    For the induction and wen to do your first carb up/cheat meal, there is no set number of days to wait, just eat a keto diet for a minimum of two weeks if you are still experiencing headaches, bad breath, fatigue, or irritability continue in your diet until these subdued and then do your carb up/cheat
    Nice! Thanks man i really appreciate the help. You saved me some headache and worry. This fat has got to go.
    XBL GT= Cloqwerq

drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Almonds are also hella expensive if your eating a lot.

80/20 ground beef is much cheaper and is much better on keto.

You could use some more fiber/veggies.

My advice, buy 3 avocados. Eat half of one each day your on keto. That will give you an extra 14g or so of fat and about 5g of fiber for under a buck each day.

Keto by comparison is one of the cheapest diets out there.