K-Jay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) K-Jay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Full-body Cardio machines?

Hey guys,

I am becoming bored with using my treadmill and stationary bike for my cardio workouts, I want something that gives my entire body a workout during my cardio as opposed to just my legs. A Jacobs Ladder would be ideal, but they are far too expensive for me at £4k. Can anyone recommend some cheaper alternatives?

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)

bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by K-Jay View Post
    Hey guys,

I am becoming bored with using my treadmill and stationary bike for my cardio workouts, I want something that gives my entire body a workout during my cardio as opposed to just my legs. A Jacobs Ladder would be ideal, but they are far too expensive for me at £4k. Can anyone recommend some cheaper alternatives?
    What about an elliptical cross trainer? Not cheap but I think you can get a pretty decent one for 2k or perhaps less but not for much less as cheap ones tend to suck.

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Concept 2 rower would be an excellent choice.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Airdyne

versaclimber

sled draging,

prowler pushing
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Airdyne

versaclimber

sled draging,

prowler pushing
    ^^ These x1000000
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

K-Jay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) K-Jay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The Versaclimber Home model looks like a decent alternative:
    http://www.versaclimber.co.uk/versaclimber-home.html

Although it doesn't look like it will work the core mid section areas as much as a Jacobs Ladder as it is more upright.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I used some version of the Versaclimber many years ago at a gym to which I belonged. It made for a really challenging workout, and I was in very good shape at the time.

I was having a look at some elliptical machines and identified the Sole E35:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sole-Elliptica...2510149&sr=8-1

I couldn't find this model here in the UK, but I did come across a Fuel E35:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuel-Ellipti...2510036&sr=1-3

This looks very similar, does anyone know if this is the UK version of the Sole E35?

The jacobs ladder and versaclimber look awesome but are too expensive for me currently. Do ellipticals genuinely feel like a full-body cardio exercise?

rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    VC is the winner imo. There isn't one body part that gets to rest while working out on it. I'm not a fan of the Jacobs ladder nor step mills. The ladder puts your spine in an awkward position throughout the workout, Step Mills are just too bulky for the home and both are very expensive. (also expensive to maintain , fix)

my list

1. VC
    2.Treadmill with arm/wrist weights
    3. Airdyne
    4. Concept 2 rower
    5. Precor EFX
    Last edited by rocketdan9; 02-19-2012 at 08:08 AM.

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Versaclimber
    Schwinn Airdyne
    Concept 2 rower

www.ShankAZombie.com

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    And BB falls for the phantom thread bumping idiot troll.

rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    And BB falls for the phantom thread bumping idiot troll.
    WT are you 9? your 38 man, act your age.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Yeah, I got burned. LOL.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Versaclimber
    Schwinn Airdyne
    Concept 2 rower
    How easy would it be to zone train with these machines? The main thing I like about using a treadmill is that it is very easy to maintain my heart-rate in particular zones for the entirety of the workout. I am very bored with the treadmill though and would prefer something that gives me a full body cardio workout whilst enabling me to work at a pace that allows me to maintain my heart-rate at a certain level. I am thinking on these three machines or certainly some type of elliptical or rowing machine but I imagine it would be tough to maintain my heart-rate levels on a rowing machine?

Not at a all. rowing will for sure get you going and keep it where you want it.

I can't decide between the Versaclimber or the Concept 2. Which one gives more of a full-body workout? Which one is working more muscles? Which machine would be better if I also wanted to have moderate resistance training so that I could tone up and not lose muscle?

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Although it doesn't look like it will work the core mid section areas as much as a Jacobs Ladder as it is more upright.
    I used something that was basically a versa climber and the Jacob's ladder when I owned both. I didnt' really feel it work my mid section much for either. legs always crapped out first and I think I have fairly strong legs lol. both definitely will leave you out of breath. I recently bought a small stepper machine to sit under my speed bag. i'm going to use it and keep my balance since there is no bar (floor only) and step while hitting the speed bag. now that will be a challenging full body cardio workout!

I tend to try multiple cardio things when I do cardio workouts so maybe 3 minutes on each thing so it keeps it interesting. its definitely more fun that way.

compared to a stepper the versa climber is similar in that you can just hold on to the sides of the handles instead of using your arm, but the versa climber is a quicker paced workout compared to using a stepper. I prefer more the step motion than using the versa climber.

the best cardio though is doing a weight lifting workout circuit with as little rest in between reps/sets as possible. that is definitely intense.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pudlem will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't decide between the Versaclimber or the Concept 2. Which one gives more of a full-body workout? Which one is working more muscles? Which machine would be better if I also wanted to have moderate resistance training so that I could tone up and not lose muscle?
    Go the concept 2; cheaper, effective and an awesome community around it to keep you motivated.

Even the Concept2 may be slightly out of my range now that I think about it, how good are the Airdyne bikes? I have found a UK supplier that stocks the AD2 and AD6.

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Airdynes are OK. My whole family has them now. I read about them here a few years ago. $30-80 dollars and they popup on Craigslist all the time. They seem to go in spurts though. I looked for a few months and ended up paying $80 for mine then a free one showed and there have been several in the 30 range. That's how my family ended up with them. Now their friends want them too.