Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)

Connor's 'I'm Coming Back' 2011 Contest Preparation Journal!

Hey Everyone,

My name is Connor LaVallie. I'm 23 years old, 6'3'' and about 210 pounds currently. I decided to start a new journal here detailing my journey to the stage for the second time in the last 2.5 years. I competed in 2008 at the Mid-America ProAm in Evansville, IN where I took 1st in the Men's Tall novice and 1st in the collegiate class. I competed again the following week in the Natural North Americans where I won the Junior class (20-21 year olds) and took 2nd in the men's tall class. I fell in love with the process and couldn't wait to make some new gains and try my shot at the Open classes. However, there were other ventures I needed to pursue......

Immediately after my first shows, I spent 4 month and 2 month stints in Italy and China for school and graduation from January 2009- May 2010. These were some of the greatest experiences of my life, but finding gyms and the right kinds of foods was next to impossible out there. Bodybuilding and fitness is the last thing anyone cares about in these other regions...... however, I believe living there just made me that much hungrier, and more appreciative of what we have back here in the United States. Progress took a backseat temporarily, but when I returned to the U.S. in June of 2010 I went from 190-225 pounds in 6 months and stayed somewhat close to the same body fat. I knew I improved my physique in the correct spots.... So I decided to come back and keep this ball rolling.

I have been dieting now under the objective eye of Dr. Layne Norton the last 6 weeks (I started my diet at 225 pounds) Progress has been solid, but we still have a long way to go. My plans for shows are as follows:

-- July 9th NANBF St. Louis Natural in St. Louis, MO
    -- August 6th ABA Natural North American in Bolingbrook, IL
    -- September (TBA) NGA Windy City Classic in Chicago, IL
    -- October 8 INBF Mid America Pro AM in Evansville, IN
    -- October (TBA) NANBF Great Lakes States Supernatural Classic in University Park, IL
    -- Then POSSIBLY the OCB Midwest States on November 19 in DeKalb, IL

These are all Pro qualifiers. I will be competing the Open Tall classes at each show. Of course I want to win, but my current goal is to beat the physique I brought in 2008, nothing more.

Current Diet:
    PRO/CHO/FAT -- 290/240/65 and 260/400/60 on leg days.

Feel free to ask any questions as well, hope you'll follow along!

19 and 24 Weeks out ...Good lighting does make a difference

15 and 20 weeks out

Will be posting progress shots periodically. Currently 13.5 and 18.5 weeks out
    If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jadablitz4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Now you know I'm in for this one.... looking good this far out brotha..
    Jadablitz Training

ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chest and Back (Power)

Training:
    My shoulders and arms were still sore from this past Monday so I opted to hit a Back and Chest day focusing on my favorite movements for each muscle group. I hit each body part twice per week.

Deadlifts -- 225 for 15, 315 for 15, 315 for 12, 365 for 10, 415 for 10, 415 for 10, 415 for 10, 315 for 26, 315 for 25
    T-Bar rows -- 2 plates for 10, 3 plates for 8, 4 plates for 5, 4 plates for 5

DB Press -- 85 for 10, 95 for 8, 105 for 6, 115 for 5, 115 for 5, 115 for 5
    Incline DB Press -- 80 for 10, 90 for 8, 105 for 5 110 for 5, 110 for 5
    Shrugs -- 315 for 12, 315 for 12, 405 for 10, 405 for 10

Nutrition:
    294/244/62

Supplements:
    Scivation Xtend- 6 scoops per day
    Scivation Sesamin- 3 caps per day
    Prima Force MAX CLA- 4 caps per day
    Health from the Sun Fish Oil- 3 caps per day
    Scivation and ON whey protein
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin D and C
    Biochem micronized creatine- 5 grams per day
    ALA- 1 cap w/ pre and post workout meals
    Carnitine- 3 grams per day

Notes:
    This was not a typical 'Power Day' as I only hit two muscle groups rather than 5 due to a last minute decision based on how I was feeling. I always have a rough outline of what I want to accomplish before I begin, but it rarely goes exactly as planned. I opted to rep-out on deadlifts today because I was feeling it. One of my straps broke after the first set of 415 as well lol (Don't buy Valeo lifting straps.... only 2nd workout and they're toast!) The only constant for me in my workouts is a 5 minute warmup jog, whole body stretching, and rotator cuff warm-ups with 5 pound plates. Other than that, I operate mostly on instinct. I think it's crucial not to over-analyze... as long as your strength is going up and you're using proper form, the only requirement is hard work. My strength hasn't budged at all on most lifts so far this prep... and leg days have been as heavy and intense as ever (that's what a refeed day can do lol) Leg day tomorrow..... expect frequent videos as well throughout.

Here are a couple from the first few weeks of prep and beyond:

If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Originally Posted by jadablitz4 View Post
    Now you know I'm in for this one.... looking good this far out brotha..
    Thanks Justin... great to see you on here man!

Awesome conditioning... I'll be following your progress.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on this for sure Connor...Lookin like you are starting at a good point...cant wait to see the package you bring to the stage this time around! and 415 x 10 on deads is BEASTY!
    Last edited by Young9; 04-10-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    TEAM NO CRYING

Originally Posted by Young9 View Post
    In on this for sure Connor...Lookin like you are starting at a good point...cant wait to see the package you bring to the stage this time around! and 415 x 10 on deads is BEASTY!
    Thanks Nick... outstanding progress these last couple years, looking forward to your debut man!

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ConLaV View Post
    Thanks Nick... outstanding progress these last couple years, looking forward to your debut man!
    Thanks big dog...I hope that one day I will be as shreeded as you were last time you stepped on stage! Inspirational!
    TEAM NO CRYING

April 9 ABA Natural Illinois Championships

This show promised to be one of the first big pro-qualifiers of the year in the Midwest... and I was lucky enough to have the venue only 15 minutes from my house. Bolingbrook high school was immaculate... it will also be the same venue for John Hansen's second promoted show on August 6th where I'll be competing.... it was great to get a glimpse of how things will run. John is one of the most passionate people you will find in this sport and it shows!

I got my workout in and packed a few meals before arriving at pre-judging early (however I thought I was 2 hours late...). This show was shaping up to be a long one. I immediately recognized fellow Team Norton member and master pro, Flynn Sneed as well as Chad Forrester in the seats. We chatted for a while during the pageant division and realized the open men had a long time to go.... so Flynn and I stepped out to get our coolers and get a meal in. We sat out by the football field and talked for a good 1.5 hours. Flynn's an awesome guy, and it's always a pleasure to talk bb'ing with a pro-veteran such as him.

We realized time was flying, so we headed back in and noticed the show had only advanced one division! we thought we may be staying all the way through the night show... So we decided to head backstage and see how fellow Team Norton athlete and the favorite to win this show, Ryan Doris, was doing. He was looking very on-point while taking in a few extra rice cakes and reese's cups..... (the meal schedule was now completely off due to delays...) yet Ryan remained calm and collected. We met with new IFPA pro Sam Okunola as well. He talked about what it's like to have a training partner with the same goals, philosophy, dedication, and drive as himself. Ryan and Sam have been training partners the last few years and their hard work was definitely paying off. I told them how lucky they are to have someone who's always on the same page... tough to find.

Finally the open mediums were ready to go on and Ryan finished his pump up and sipped some water before getting on stage (oh no!). Flynn and I sent back to the audience to show our support.

John's shows are notorious for having a lot of crossover competitors in the novice and open categories. Ryan stood out in this regard because his only goal was to win the show. There was one other guy onstage that gave Ryan a run form the front, but as soon as they turned around.... the judges job became easy. He was the clear winner. We went back stage to say well-done, but never 'You got this!' because you just never know. A large group went to Jimmy John's so Ryan could get a sub to help him fill out for the night show... I went home and had some grilled cod, asparagus, and sweet potato Prejudging ended around 4:30 and the night show was scheduled to start not much later. However I didn't return until 7:30.... and they hadn't even started..... John was a little upset, but this is how things go sometimes.

We hung out back and forth from back stage and the audience in this flawless venue. The open men didn't receive their awards until well after midnight and by that time I had to leave and get my last meal in and go to sleep (I dozed off in the seat..... lol). I was very confident Ryan would take this, but nothing is set in concrete.

Then I got a call around 1AM -- Ryan became the newest team Norton Pro! and won some best body part awards as well (the ABA always have best body part awards). The group went for a well-deserved IHOP trip... besides the pace, overall an awesome show and definitely one I'm excited for in August. Huge Congrats to Ryan!

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Thanks big dog...I hope that one day I will be as shreeded as you were last time you stepped on stage! Inspirational!
    I appreciate that, but I'm confident you'll do big things with that work ethic and the team you have around you man.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In.

Looking solid man.

EDIT: What was stage weight in 08?
    Last edited by SupaaJ; 04-10-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Will be following along CL! I will be at least one of the shows on the list and definitely there for moral support for possibly a few others. I don't think I could hold by conditioning until September to do another show.

Luck - "when preparation and opportunity meet."

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    In.

Looking solid man.

EDIT: What was stage weight in 08?
    A whopping 181! I am finally starting to grow into my large frame... I am placing zero importance on weight however... that can get you playing mind games with yourself very fast. Just looking to get as lean as humanly possible

Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Will be following along CL! I will be at least one of the shows on the list and definitely there for moral support for possibly a few others. I don't think I could hold by conditioning until September to do another show.
    Great to see you here Flynn! after talking with you at the show I decided to get things going here on the boards, great hanging and talking with you man... it would be awesome if you came out for one of these later shows, whatever is convenient though. Thanks for the support my friend! I bet John will have the August show sped up some

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Lower Hypertrophy

Training

SLDL -- 225 for 15, 275 for 10, 275 for 10, 315 for 8, 345 for 8, 345 for 8, 345 for 8

Trap Bar Deadlifts -- 225 for 15, 275 for 10, 275 for 10, 315 for 10, 315 for 10, 365 for 10, 365 for 10, 415 for 10, 415 for 8, 415 for 8, 315 for 20

Free Motion Squat -- 200 for 12, 300 for 12, 300 for 12...... focused on going very slow on the eccentric portion, and then explode up. Also focused on pushing completely from the heals to target the glutes.

I was cashed after this...

Walking lunges -- 110 for 20 steps -- 2 sets
    Leg Extension- Stack till failure -- 2 sets
    Seated Leg Curl -- 240 for 12 -- 3 sets

Nutrition

Notes:
    Strength has not budged at all since starting my diet and it's gone up on many lifts. The true test comes in the next 12 weeks when you go from very lean to shredded. The hardest part for me has always been putting on the size... not taking off the fat. Just one day at a time.

I got an unexpected boost after attending this show over the weekend... Will be posting progress pics/videos this weekend

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

solid leg session ...looking forward to the progress vid/pics!
    TEAM NO CRYING

aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great to see you here Connor!!! Looking forward to following your progress as you rock the stage in August Team Norton style!!!
    Isabel Norton (Layne's Pitbull)
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Video 1: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/9141/isabel-norton-lago-the-latin-assassin-1-contest-prep

Video 2: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/9371/isabel-norton-lago-the-latin-assassin-2-two-weeks-out

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    subbed to this... represent the tall guys!
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strong, Connor is strong.

Sadistic leg day, I dig.

No worries on weight man, IIRC, when Paul R. won his pro card, he was right @ 200 lbs. I can see you being totally shredded at 185-190 now. (Paul reference was cause he's same height as we are). Damn this height and bb'ing!

solid leg session ...looking forward to the progress vid/pics!
    Thanks Nick! gotta start using this new iPhone lol

Originally Posted by aloha_izzie View Post
    Great to see you here Connor!!! Looking forward to following your progress as you rock the stage in August Team Norton style!!!
    Great to hear from you, Izzie! OUTWORK. it's great to be back prep mode under team Norton guidance this year, I think we may be seeing each other at my (and Flynn's) first show this July 9th in St. Louis? would be awesome if you guys could make it up!!
    Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    subbed to this... represent the tall guys!
    Glad to have you man, it's an asset we all share
    Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    Strong, Connor is strong.

Sadistic leg day, I dig.

No worries on weight man, IIRC, when Paul R. won his pro card, he was right @ 200 lbs. I can see you being totally shredded at 185-190 now. (Paul reference was cause he's same height as we are). Damn this height and bb'ing!
    Thanks man... weights tend to feel lighter on refeeds lol.

The thing with weight is... it means next to nothing. Everyone has a different structure that allows them to carry more weight/less weight on their frame regardless of height. A perfect example is Layne and Alberto Nunez.... there's about a 30 pound stage weight difference and they're very close in height... yet they both present incredible physiques. As you must know, it's about creating an illusion.... proportions... spot on conditioning... insertions, etc.

Additionally, I truly think height is more of an asset than a handicap. Many taller guys tend to have broader shoulders and small waists, thus creating that x-frame (think Toney Freeman lol). But yeah, weight is not an indication of projected success between separate individuals. However it does help as a gauge of fat loss or muscle gain for one person. An extra 5 pounds would be awesome!

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey man, I competed in Hansen's show this weekend. I'm a good friend of Ryan Doris and Flynn (Darrell Sneed) was helping me out too. I went up against Doris for best legs... well you already know how that went

I'm definitely going to follow along on your journey bro. GET IT!!!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Hey man, I competed in Hansen's show this weekend. I'm a good friend of Ryan Doris and Flynn (Darrell Sneed) was helping me out too. I went up against Doris for best legs... well you already know how that went

I'm definitely going to follow along on your journey bro. GET IT!!!
    You were easily one of the 3 most conditioned competitors in the whole show hands down... you def did your homework man, excellent job this weekend. If you get a chance, try to make it down for John's August show! Flynn may be coming as well

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ConLaV View Post
    You were easily one of the 3 most conditioned competitors in the whole show hands down... you def did your homework man, excellent job this weekend. If you get a chance, try to make it down for John's August show! Flynn may be coming as well
    Thanks, Conner! I appreciate it

I'm definitely going to be there. Bolingbrook is like my backyard lol. I'll be offseason though .
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Training

Incline DB curls -- 45s for 8, 2 sets. 40's for 8, 2 sets. Drop set to 35 till failure
    Skullcrushers -- 90 for 12, 3 sets. 100 for 12, 5 sets. All sets drop to close grip bench press with same weight till failure.

DB Skull crushers -- 85's for 12, 3 sets.
    Preacher curl -- 105 for 8, 4 sets. 2 drop sets.
    Dip Machine -- stack for 2 sets, drop sets.

Arnold Presses -- 55s for 12, 2 sets. 45s for 12, 2 sets. 35's til failure, 2 sets.
    Back supported front raises -- 40 till failure, 3 sets.
    Standing barbell press -- 100 for 12 behind the neck, 6 in front, 4 sets.
    Cable side laterals -- 3 sets till failure.

Nutrition
    298/245/59

Notes
    I trained with a local NPC bodybuilder randomly today. I've trained with other untested guys before and I have to say that just because a guy is doing drugs doesn't mean he will outwork you in the gym... but this guy and I were on the same page from the first set. One of the best sessions I've ever had with a partner. He was a tad stronger than me on most lifts, but this caused me to push it even more... excellent overall session. I've thrilled with progress and the way things are going right now, however I can't get comfortable and I won't. Each day is a a new mountain to climb!

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Thanks, Conner! I appreciate it

I'm definitely going to be there. Bolingbrook is like my backyard lol. I'll be offseason though .
    Awesome man! What a great venue, after seeing you guys this weekend, I got a little unexpected boost. Def don't show up with striated glutes... unless you want to go round 2!! lol, looking forward to it bro

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Training
    Incline DB press -- 105 for 8, 105 for 8, 105 for 8, several drop sets... 85, 75, 65, 55

Flat Flyes -- 65 for 10, 70 for 10, 75 for 8, 75 for 8, 75 for 8
    Incline Hammer Strength -- 2 plates + 25 for 10 -- 4 sets
    Machine Flyes -- Stack for 6 -- 2 sets

Barbell rows -- 225 for 10, 275 for 8, several drop sets... removed 50 each set.
    Pullover machine -- 3 plates for 10 -- 5 sets
    Seated Rows -- 200 for 8, 200 for 8, several drop sets... 175, 155, 125

Nutrition
    Yes... Fitday does rock. This is pretty typical of what I take in every normal day. Personally I like to keep it as clean as possible, even though 'macros are king'... these kinds of foods keep my system running most efficiently.

Notes
    I don't even feel like I'm dieting... things have been going very smoothly so far. I wrote myself a note, '1 minute, 1 hour, 1 DAY at a time.... and remember to enjoy the journey' on my desktop. I wrote, 'focus on legs, back, and traps' and I jot down different quotes I find that help. I Just started using this strategy a couple months ago to narrow my focus and constantly remind myself of what's important while using empowering phrases. It's easy to be negative, and or lose focus when it matters. The reminder to enjoy the process and take it all just ONE DAY at a time really helped me calm down... I was getting anxious and trying to do everything at once. It's a long journey, it goes by so fast, feels great to realize that now.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Who said 6'3" guys can be squat machines! Really glad to see you climbing this particular mountain again.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Legs

Training:

SLDL -- 225 for 15, 275 for 10, 275 for 10, 315 for 8, 315 for 8, 335 for 7, 335 for 7, 275 for 10, 225 for 12

Squats -- 225 for 12, 275 for 10, 315 for 10, 365 for 7, 365 for 5, 405 for 4, 405 for 4, 225 for 35 (VIDS)

225 for 35

Free Motion Squat -- 340 for 7, 340 for 7
    Leg Extension -- Stack for 10 -- 3 sets
    SUPERSET w/
    Leg Curl -- Stack for 12 -- 3 sets

Nutrition:
    260/400/60

Notes:
    Felt strong today and everything seems to be clicking. I have final exams all this week and next week and then it's a two week break -- it's finally warming up and I'm looking forward to hitting the hill sprints tomorrow

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Who said 6'3" guys can be squat machines! Really glad to see you climbing this particular mountain again.
    Thanks B... the best metaphor for this endeavor! Same to you man -- really dug that note you wrote on Fbook regarding your plans this year, totally understand and saw it coming, Still wish we could see you out in Evansville round 2!!

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Boxing HIIT

HIIT Cardio

When it comes to cardio, I'm ALWAYS changing it up. Yesterday, for the first time, I did boxing.

5 minute warm-up on jump-rope.

10 -- 45 second light heavy bag slow combinations followed by 15 seconds of all out assault on the bag. Great way to let off steam

10 minute cool down on treadmill 3.5 mph @ 9 incline

Nutrition
    290/240/65

Notes
    Legs were absolutely trashed this morning after yesterdays workout so I opted to skip the hill sprints and go back to the heavy bag. Hill sprints are by far my favorite HIIT method, but I think it would be foolish to beat them up a bunch today. My next HIIT day is 2 days away from a leg day, rather than 1 like today. Makes much more sense to do a lower body HIIT (sprints) and an upper body HIIT (boxing) per week.

I lost a pound after my refeed yesterday. Feeling great and right on track.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Love that you do other things for HIIT cardio besides the bike lol

Solid squats mayne...lost a lb after 400g cho? Must be nice

I know you said you like to keep your diet pretty clean but on your refeed days do you just eat bigger portions of your everyday foods or do you treat yourself to something that you have been craving during the week?

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in on this man, super strong lifts in here!
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!