staunch308 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

maltodextrin for bulking

currently on a bulking phase and have been taking maxs supersize, basically its around 28% wpc and 64% carbs which according to the ingredients is all maize maltodextrins. i've have gained 1.5kg over the past week and a half since ive been bulking with it, but at $110 for 5kg for what just seems a bit of wpc and maltodextrin i was considering making my own bulking powder,

i can get 4KG of maltodextrin for $28, and was thinking off having a 70/30 mix of pure maltodextrin and wpc that i mix up myself instead of forking out $110 for a fancy package and probably **** protein (gets lumpy and froths up)

anyone use or got comments about using maltodextrin for bulking?
    Dedication. Commitment. Passion.

Current Stats: 80KG, 183CM, 1RM to be added soon.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Supplement section ---->

Or just eat a decent diet and get as good or better results while saving money.

It's your choice.

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You might as well use gummi bears, at least they taste good.

nah im eating propper, i only have it once a day as a meal replacement at around 9:30 ish just to fill it in as i cant eat an actual meal at that time, easier to have a shake

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Or you can just have a handful of jelly beans, which is even more convenient, equally nutritious and surely taste better than maltodextrin powder.

only 6lbs of pressure calmlikewind's Avatar
    calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well some of my friends that i know that are pure ecto have got some good gains from it before....and btw you can buy the supersize for 90 bucks on average.....lowest ive seen for it is 82
    ASOT Crew| [IIFYM Crew]|alanaragonblog.com|The Legion of Good Samaritans |*Knee Draggers Crew*|☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆|++positive crew++| la vérité

Speak or act with a pure mind
    And happiness will follow you
    As your shadow, unshakable.

you ever down or depressed you can talk to someone about it!

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    ^ Or you can just have a handful of jelly beans, which is even more convenient, equally nutritious and surely taste better than maltodextrin powder.
    taste isnt a big deal and id be mixing it with flavoured protein, always thought maltodextrin was a slow release long chain carb and that dextrose was close to straight sugar?

^ Proof that marketing works.

Originally Posted by calmlikewind View Post
    well some of my friends that i know that are pure ecto have got some good gains from it before....
    No.

They may have achieved good gains, but you're ascribing causation to correlation sans causation.*

-----------
    * But for the contribution to CHO intake and associated total caloric intake.

calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ Proof that marketing works.

No.

They may have achieved good gains, but you're ascribing causation to correlation sans causation.*

yes pug i know... personally op id just buy wpc and eat pancakes
    ASOT Crew| [IIFYM Crew]|alanaragonblog.com|The Legion of Good Samaritans |*Knee Draggers Crew*|☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆|++positive crew++| la vérité

ok so what is used as a carb in mass gainers these days?

Originally Posted by staunch308 View Post
    ok so what is used as a carb in mass gainers these days?
    The proper question is: what's the use of a mass gainer?

The answer: it's like other forms of junk food. It adds calories.

i am an endo /meso so i gain pretty easy, if your an ecto just eat and eat and eat!

i dotn think you understood my question properly, itd only be taken once per day mond-fri at around 9:30 instead of eating a meal because i cant, otherewise im eating eating eating lol

^ Just eat a bit more at each of the meals that you can have. Problem solved.

^ Just eat a bit more at each of the meals that you can have. Problem solved.
    eating as much as i can every other meal, would it hurt to havea bit of malto and whey when thats all i can have instead of eating breakfast at 7:30 and not eating until 11?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i dotn think you understood my question properly, itd only be taken once per day mond-fri at around 9:30 instead of eating a meal because i cant, otherewise im eating eating eating lol
    Skip it then
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

eating as much as i can every other meal, would it hurt to havea bit of malto and whey when thats all i can have instead of eating breakfast at 7:30 and not eating until 11?
    I fear you don't know that meal frequency and timing are largely irrelevant.

bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP: if you're so hung up on having your maltodextrin, nobody is going to stop you.

Since you came here and solicited advice, the above posters have all given you exactly what you're asking for and you apparently don't appreciate the very informed and wise commentary thus far.

I will reiterate what many have said:

- Meal timing is irrelevant
    - There is no benefit to body composition that one might achieve through the use of maltodextrin.
    - There is no advantage to using a mass gainer during a bulk, as opposed to whole foods with an equal amount of protein and fat (there are, however, added nutritional benefits to eating the whole foods as opposed to the supplement).
    - PWO insulin spikes are only necessary if your glycogen stores are entirely depleted, which would basically require you to complete an Ironman. So maltodextrin PWO is entirely unnecessary.
    - Believe it or not, jelly beans and gummy bears are of the same nutritional value as maltodextrin. If you think it would be a crime against the laws of bodybuilding to eat gummy bears and jelly beans, then I suggest you view the consumption of maltodextrin similarly.

If you still don't like what you're hearing then don't ask the question in the first place.
    My guilty pleasure: excessive cardio.

Progress towards the 1000 lb club: 945/1000
    Bulking until I hit 1000. I don't care if it takes a 40 pound weight gain. No more pussyfooting around.

"The consummate leader cultivates the moral law and strictly adheres to method and discipline; thus it is in his power to control success." - Sun Tzu

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since no one will give you a straight answer...

Yes OP you can take that shake and there's nothing wrong with it. However, getting calories from liquid sugary carbs is usually frowned upon because it doesn't fill you up and it doesn't taste nearly as good as it should for the amount of calories it is.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by calmlikewind View Post
    i am an endo /meso so i gain pretty easy, if your an ecto just eat and eat and eat!
    No.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.

My 5/3/1 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142349681

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by belairdfence99 View Post
    Since no one will give you a straight answer...

Yes OP you can take that shake and there's nothing wrong with it. However, getting calories from liquid sugary carbs is usually frowned upon because it doesn't fill you up and it doesn't taste nearly as good as it should for the amount of calories it is.
    This. I'm finishing up a tub of dextrose myself. It is convenient to add it to a protein shake (which is taken for convenience over whole foods itself...), and can help you reach your daily macro goals.

I'm considering switching to Coca Cola as an on-the-go carb source though