KidFromCali has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help!! using a food scale? dont understand :(

Hi guys...so ive just comeoff a 2 year bulk and im very happy with the muscle ive put on even tho i wasnt tracking calories....the thing is ive put on some fat and i really wanna start zeroing in on my diet for the best weight loss results...

i REALLY dont want to manually calculate calories myself...so im investing in a FOOD SCALE....the problem is i really dont know what it means when a food is measured in grams....

my macros are as follows 220 grams of protein 67 grams of fats and 164 grams of carbs

i plan on eating 5 meals aday....do i just have to divide my macros by 5 when preparing my meals?

for example...lets say im eating chicken cutlets for protein with brown rice for carbs and some peanuts for fats...i would need 43 grams of protein 13 grams of fats and 32 grams of carbs in that 1 meal....do i just measure each macro on my food scale inorder to get my macros for that 1 meal??

im confused as to how to set up my diet....i feel like im a complete noob to this.....whats the easiest possible way to set up my diet for a noob like myself who just wants to lose the fat and get shredded? help!!

ALSO...i plan on making this as easy as possible on myself...I DONT MIND eating the same foods every single day..as long as i get the best weight loss effects without any muscle lose then im happy.....what would be the best diet to follow for my weight loss? considering also that i dont mind eating the same foods everyday?

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    read the stickies at the top of this forum to help construct your needs and diet. Once you've figured out your calorie and macro needs, you should fill your diet with foods that you like, in quantities that make sure you will meet your goals.
    Track your calories and macros with a site like myfitnesspal.com (and app, if you have a smartphone).

Use your food scale to determine how much food is going into your meals. Using an app or tracking website will help a LOT and you will get quick at it after a week or two, so don't be worried or upset at how long it takes you.

Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jemima92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nutritional profiles and macro breakdowns for any food or product can be found online easily through a google search. nutritiondata is a great website. or just look at the nutritional panel on the product.

once you know the calories and macros for a certain food/meal note it down so you don't have to work it out again. as you don't mind eating the same foods everyday, do the math once and you won't have to worry about it ever again. but, eating the exact same foods everyday could lead to nutritional deficiencies so a bit of variety in your diet might be a good idea.

counting calories really isn't that hard especially once you get into the routine of doing it

there is no 'best diet' to follow when on a cut - choose food which keeps you full so you're in a deficit and fits your macros

apps are definitely handy for tracking calories. i prefer using an excel spreadsheet though