joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

competing natural or not

hi guys i want to compete eventualy im not ready yet but i definitely will in the future. what i need to know is the differences between natural competition and the other kind, i mean steroids are illegal so technicaly all competitions are natural so how do i know which to sign for and how do i decide certain things???

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Natural competitions usually test with either urine or polygraph or both. Non-tested is self explanatory.

There is usually a laundry list of banned substances not just including AAS but ephedrine and numerous other compounds. Each organization can differ on what substances are banned.

It's really a personal choice. Some people prefer the natural shows as it will be less likely they'll be going against enhanced competitors, some people don't care. NPC is untested (mostly) and is the route a competitor will go if they aspire to be an IFBB pro. OCB and INBF are a couple tested/natural organizations.

joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SheWulf View Post
    Natural competitions usually test with either urine or polygraph or both. Non-tested is self explanatory.

There is usually a laundry list of banned substances not just including AAS but ephedrine and numerous other compounds. Each organization can differ on what substances are banned.

It's really a personal choice. Some people prefer the natural shows as it will be less likely they'll be going against enhanced competitors, some people don't care. NPC is untested (mostly) and is the route a competitor will go if they aspire to be an IFBB pro. OCB and INBF are a couple tested/natural organizations.
    thanks

rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by joethebuilder View Post
    hi guys i want to compete eventualy im not ready yet but i definitely will in the future. what i need to know is the differences between natural competition and the other kind, i mean steroids are illegal so technicaly all competitions are natural so how do i know which to sign for and how do i decide certain things???
    sad part is, even a lot of the tested 'natural' competitions, aren't. Best bet would be to go with a federation that does urine AND polygraph testing, imo. I know IDFA does, not sure what other ones.
    ANS Performance Brand Developement Mgr & Athlete
    Follow @RkThinkFit

RED MONKEY HATS >>> www.redmonkeylifestyle.com/#_a_Rachel

Originally Posted by rkillam View Post
    sad part is, even a lot of the tested 'natural' competitions, aren't. Best bet would be to go with a federation that does urine AND polygraph testing, imo. I know IDFA does, not sure what other ones.
    yeah thats what ive heard as far as i know all my freinds who compete arent natural, and i mean i kinda like the idea of geting freaky big and having a shot at getting far. Not to say that a natural competetor cant get far.

FrankZhou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep it natural my friend. Too many things go wrong down the road after you come off the juice. I've seen it too many times. I don't judge those who use but my advice is stick with safe supplements and hit the gym consistently. With hard word, proper sleep and nutrition I have seen some impressive results. Good luck!

Originally Posted by FrankZhou View Post
    Keep it natural my friend. Too many things go wrong down the road after you come off the juice. I've seen it too many times. I don't judge those who use but my advice is stick with safe supplements and hit the gym consistently. With hard word, proper sleep and nutrition I have seen some impressive results. Good luck!
    thanks for the words i personaly have yet to see any negative results from using but that doesent mean i plan to stick myself anytime soon :P problem is like someone said above is most competitions have users so if i dont use im at a major disadvantage.

SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50) SamTek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FrankZhou View Post
    Lol.

Steroids are perfectly safe if USED CORRECTLY AND WITH PROPER PCT.

I can produce numerous medical studies to back this up, whilst at the end of the day you can't produce a shred of evidence that says they are dangerous when used properly.

Not stating my opinion, just facts.

J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What he said....
    110% Natural

Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roasted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks for the words i personaly have yet to see any negative results from using but that doesent mean i plan to stick myself anytime soon :P problem is like someone said above is most competitions have users so if i dont use im at a major disadvantage.
    I don't think the statement "most competitors have used" is true. It's kind of a blanket statement to dismiss a lot of natural athletes. Most competitors in un-tested shows? Sure. I would never compete in an OPA untested show cause I'd feel like I'm brinign a knife to a gunfight. And is there some drug use in tested competition that slips through the cracks? I'm sure there is but that's a minority. I've competed in the IDFA before and won and I'm 100% clean, I don't even use Ephedrine to cut (although I'm pretty sure the IDFA allows it). I have a few friends that have done the same so there is some proof for you that it can be done.

I think to be very successful and "go far" in OPA/IFBB you're going to need some elite genetics, crazy work ethic, and nutrition and exercise know how. Those are the same skills/characteristics you need to be successful as a natural bodybuilder. So why not try competing naturally first and than if that's not enough for you, you can start throwing some AAS into the mix (something you will no-doubt have to master as well if you want to be successful in OPA/IFBB). Read up on Kai Greene. He was pretty successful natty before he turned to the "dark side".

Me personally? By staying natural I can be competitive on stage as long as the show is tested, don't have to get all my clothes custom made, most women don't think I'm a total freak at my size, I don't have to spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year on juice to be competitive (and joicing for the rest of your life if you want to keep that size), etc. Sure, I will never be 250lbs+ ripped, or be on the cover of Musclemag, and I look like a shrimp next to an IFBB Pro but I'm OK with that.

I don't think either direction is right or wrong (other than juicing and competing naturally, if you do this, you are SCUM!). Really it's a personal choice.

EDIT: Oh yeah, OPA is ontario, not really sure what you guys have in Quebec that's equivalent.
    Last edited by Roasted; 04-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.

J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rkillam View Post
    That's true. Join a federation that does both tests and has a strict punishment with competitors who test positive for steroids.