Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tsdb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol at old guys thinking they're superior

Newflash: Girls changed for you too, what they wanted at 18 is different from what they want at 30

wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000) wessneijder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Preban_AR15 View Post
    Good stuff here.

If a chick gives you an deadline to marry her by, toss her aside. Marriage is 50/50 which means you should be equally as ready to marry as she is. I've dumped my last 2 g/f and possibly my current because of this.

I LOL at all these ******** threads.. "How do I talk to this girl on FB, should I like her status?"

******** has seriously put a dent in the younger generations ability to interact socially.
    My gf says if I don't have a ring by this summer (she's graduating and I have another semester to go) that it's over. The thing is a lot of my friends are 22 and getting married. I feel pressured to get married. I have a professor who is bald, 40, in good shape but he seems foreveralone. He isn't married and jokes all the time about how he's happily unmarried because his brother is "tied down".

Obviously I don't wanna be like this guy, waited too long, but I'm not sure if my gf is the one. Advice?

Confused by your tactics pittbleauxs's Avatar
    pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000) pittbleauxs is just really nice. (+1000)
    no real advice here. just breaking it down... the facts as they exist:

it honestly comes down to a matter of perspective and circumstance. when i was 19-25 (age i was in school) i was surrounded by a certain group of people and a certain environment that directly dictated how i acted when presented with specific situations. my responsibilities were also much different (still had responsibilities, just different).

in that time-frame, i was entirely surrounded by people who were living the same lifestyle as me. good people, just living in a very unique world. but because everyone was in the same boat, it was difficult to step back and get any kind of real perspective on it. it was just how life was... it's how my world operated. it didn't present itself as unique because it really wasn't unique in the time an place that we lived in. of course there were variations from social circle to social circle, but it felt like the entire community (all of the circles) operated almost dependently or because of one another.

each year that i lived in this environment, i became "better" at doing it... studying efficiently (least amount of time for best grade), picking up girls and closing the deal with a high success rate, understanding and building upon the limits of my alcohol consumption, setting up better parties, improving on my overall social interactions, etc.

not all of these things are necessarily "healthy" or deemed admirable by many people, but they do reflect things that are useful as you get older. example: if i see a group 30+ yr old guys at a football game, hosting a pathetic tailgate party, accompanied by no women, falling all over themselves drunk on a 12-pack of miller lite, burning the sht out of frozen burgers on their rusty hibachi, i always think to myself, "how can they not have the hang of it by now? they did it wrong when they were younger."

so, yeah... the advice of an older guy can be helpful in the sense that they can now offer a different perspective on the younger guys' circumstances. many of us have lived in that world and, now that we've left it, we can address it from the outside, being able to see the entire thing at once and offer an effective strategy for most situations. when you are actually "in" that world it can be difficult to do that.

it can obviously be just as unhelpful too... i know plenty of guys who more or less "failed" at living through that part of their lives. and these are the same who guys are often the most willing to hand out advice. they want to offer advice but they are doing so from a "this is what i did wrong the entire time, but now i know what's up, so i'm gonna educate this guy," type of way. problem is, they never figured it out. so, for the most part, their advice is invalid. these guys won't warn you that they sucked at life when they were your age before giving you tips, so it is tough to tell who to listen to.

my advice: just live through it... you'll probably figure it out.

btw: it takes a 31yr old a long-ass time to type this in between meeting with clients.
    Last edited by pittbleauxs; 04-08-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    *pittbleauxs is why TK421 was not at his post.*

PSU

USS Liberty - June 8, 1967

SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm 23 and I realize most of the misc has lots of growing up to do. So do I but still some of the stuff I see on the misc amazes me.
    Muscle memory is real.. Check this out

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126586333

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sub'd to see more posts

NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hanzblinx View Post
    Dont forget, you might get a raise or promotion in the next 30 years. Young couples often start out in life making the same money. Dude's making 100K were not born that way.

You gonna get raped.
    lol, well actually she's on the b2b sales fasttrack to making 100k a year easy, and I'm on the decided for a career change so only working chill jobs that pay 45k a year track while I go back to school and take advanced science courses.

So, I'm not to worried about it.

Thanks for the concerns though brah

Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Preban_AR15 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wessneijder View Post
    My gf says if I don't have a ring by this summer (she's graduating and I have another semester to go) that it's over. The thing is a lot of my friends are 22 and getting married. I feel pressured to get married. I have a professor who is bald, 40, in good shape but he seems foreveralone. He isn't married and jokes all the time about how he's happily unmarried because his brother is "tied down".

Obviously I don't wanna be like this guy, waited too long, but I'm not sure if my gf is the one. Advice?
    Turn the tables on her. Ask her isn't it important to her to acknowledge what you want as well? Tell her that you see her as the "one" but that you feel yall should be more financially prepared and your careers established before getting married. If she doesn't understand and acknowledge that, then honestly bro she's probably not for you. She's NOT going to become less demanding when you get married. You're 21, you are just starting your life, don't start it out by getting married when you aren't ready.
    ⌨Miscing While Working ¢яєω⌨
    ☆☆☆MISC Firearms ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ⌨Neg Anti Hover Threads ¢яєω⌨

NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50) NinjaViking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wessneijder View Post

Ask yourself this:

If she really loves you, would she leave you because you won't marry her right away? If she really loves you would she put you in this frustrating and confusing position at all?

There is a huge difference between love and attachment. Your predicament does not sound like a healthy relationship situation to me brah. I'm sure your girl is swell, but don't do something you may regret, and that's really tough to get out of.

I'm on the verge of divorce and it's incredibly tough. We married when I was 25, and it was what I wanted, but a few years time is more than enough to grow apart, especially in your mid 20s.

Take your time with it, no matter how you feel now as f'ed up as it may sound love can change in an instant if you meet the right or wrong person.

The thing that keeps it all working, that makes everyone feel so damned obligated is our fear of change, and our inability to adapt to things going away that we're used to. Humans love patterns and we hate to break out of one we're already in.

Just try to put all that stuff in mind when you try to put your situation into perspective. Good luck man.

LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow.. this thread certainly turned into a debate... lol

I looked away and now it is five pages...

watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great entertainment. I love the "wisdom" some 18 y/o's have about our economy, Israel, politics, careers and the women'z. Where else are you going to get sex tips, opinions on whether a gorilla can beat a polar bear, what careers are better than others, the secret power of yams and 'dick figures' on one page? Really entertaining.

Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Djalo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    23 year old here. I'm more mature than most of you 30 year olds:

-Brb been with the same girl for over 2 years and I will propose soon
    -Brb have stable career but looking to go to school while work FT to pick up an advanced degree
    -Brb almost have 6 figures saved up in a bank
    -Brb have no debt

Only thing I am lacking are some social experiences. I was a bit of a loner in HS and never really felt comfortable in my own skin. Never went through a phase of chasing girls (I was always a loyal type of guy with the few girls I've been with), I still haven't traveled to too many places and there are some social skills I am still lacking but I have improve on them.
    So I live by two words, "Phuck you, Rep Me"

LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LOWTESTOSTERONE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by watchngars View Post
    Great entertainment. I love the "wisdom" some 18 y/o's have about our economy, Israel, politics, careers and the women'z. Where else are you going to get sex tips, opinions on whether a gorilla can beat a polar bear, what careers are better than others, the secret power of yams and 'dick figures' on one page? Really entertaining.
    lol...

so true.

I think the misc is fun. For a brief time us old timers can let go of life.. and just be kids again.

But how wrong they are about some things.. is just frightening

DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DejaBlue55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hope Im not still posting here when im 30+

1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1Dolla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Djalo View Post
    23 year old here. I'm more mature than most of you 30 year olds:

-Brb been with the same girl for over 2 years and I will propose soon
    -Brb have stable career but looking to go to school while work FT to pick up an advanced degree
    -Brb almost have 6 figures saved up in a bank
    -Brb have no debt

Only thing I am lacking are some social experiences. I was a bit of a loner in HS and never really felt comfortable in my own skin. Never went through a phase of chasing girls (I was always a loyal type of guy with the few girls I've been with), I still haven't traveled to too many places and there are some social skills I am still lacking but I have improve on them.
    Having to boast about being more mature than others doesn't really make you look mature.

Great thread, the misc kinda ruined my view on women. A thread like this helps me sort this kind of stuff out. I have to misc less, it's not good for my development lmao

Originally Posted by 1Dolla View Post
    Having to boast about being more mature than others doesn't really make you look mature.

Great thread, the misc kinda ruined my view on women. A thread like this helps me sort this kind of stuff out. I have to misc less, it's not good for my development lmao

It's all good once you realize it's not real life.