Closed Thread
Page 1 of 397 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz

A Simple Beginner's Routine part II

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

continued from the original

Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?
    A: This is explained in detail here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923

Q3: Will I gain muscle mass on this routine?
    A: despite what you may think, gaining muscle mass is not just about lifting weights; the training is just a catalyst, which will create the conditions necessary for new musclee to be built. However, to actually build that muscle, you need to eat at a calorie surplus (consume more calories than you burn). There is no way around this, and you will not be able to avoid having to do some simple calculations if you want results. To understand this, visit this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 and make sure to read and understand the entire first post by Emma. If you have any questions regarding diet, ask them in that thread. This is possibly the single most important thread you can read over here - if you will only read on thread, let it be that one.

Q4: I have never lifted before and I am completely out of shape. Is this routine appropriate for me?
    A: All Pro designed this routine with EXACTLY you in mind. It's perfect for you.

Q5: I have tested my 10 rep maxes for each exercise. I have already completed two full weeks of the first cycle, and the weights seem too low for me, I feel like I could lift much more! Should I increase the weight?
    A: first things first - avoid increasing weight mid-cycle and only do it with the beginning of the next cycle if necessary. Second, the routine is designed so that the first 2-3 weeks will feel relatively easy - this is true for everyone, and you are not superman for feeling the same thing. Finish the first cycle completely (full 5 weeks) without adding any weight to any exercise, even if it does feel too simple. If at the end of the 5th week of the first cycle you still feel that some of the weights are way too low, you may attempt to increase the weight by slightly more than 10% for the next cycle - however, this only makes sense if it was REALLY too easy for you. if it was just a "little" easy, you're better off sticking with the program. All of these dilemmas can be avoided if you simply test your 10 rep maxes for each exercise properly, so make sure to take your time doing that properly.

Q6: there is no triceps exercise in this routine, what gives?
    A: your triceps are being hit quite hard during both Bench Presses and the Overhead Presses - as a beginner, you do not need more than that. Do not add any extra triceps work or you are almost guaranteed to fail on either the BP's or the OHP's, or both.

Q7: I like doing pull-ups, push-ups, and standing on my head. Can I add in those exercises into the routine?
    A: do not add any extra exercises until you have completed a minimum of 3 cycles. Once you're going into the fourth, and you feel like you need to do some extra work on certain muscles, you can add an isolated assistance exercise for them - do only one set and at the very end of your routine (after calf raises). The assistance exercise follows the same rep scheme as all the other exercises. And do not ever add more than one assistance exercise per cycle - if you do so, and some of your other lifts stall, you won't know which of your new additions might have caused that stall. Stick to only adding one extra assistance exercise per cycle, up to a maximum of two (though I believe that is already pushing it). Only do this if you know and have solid reason to believe that you really do require that extra assistance work - if uncertain, ask in this thread, someone will surely help you out.

Q8: Why are there no regular Deadlifts in this routine, only stiff-legged deadlifts? I feel like a boss doing deadlifts
    A: there are two reasons for that:

1) Neither squats nor regular deadlifts address the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, spinal erectors complex) properly. By doing squats + stiff-legged deadlifts, this problem is solved, and a balance is introduced.

2) Squats and regular deadlifts are two exercises that are very taxing to the central nervous system. As a beginner if you did both of those exercises on the same routine, you are more likely to burn out sooner than later. Stif-legged deadlifts solve this issue.

Q9: what type of extra cardio should I do?
    A: it is best that you do not overdo your cardio on this routine, since it can get you fatigued enough to hamper your performance in the gym. Two 30 minute jogging sessions (moderate heart rate or HIIT) per week should be enough. I would make sure that none of your cardio takes place on the day right before any of your heavy days. Do any cardio you want to do on rest days. Remember though that cardio is primarily good for your cardiovascular system's health - for fat loss, your diet will be far more important than any cardio that you do.

Q10: What type of ab workouts should I do?
    A: seems like everyone responds to different ab exercises, so you will just have to try for yourself and see which one works best for you. you can do cardio either on your off days, or on your work-out days right after the work-out, assuming you still have enough energy for them. if you go for crunches or similar, make sure to do them with extra weight - aim for 15 reps on the first week of the cycle, and add 2 extra reps per week for a total of 25 reps on week 5 of the cycle. Ab workout is not necessary for everybody though - your midsection is getting tons of workout in this routine since it acts as a stabilizer in basically every single exercise. So up to you to decide, though it's probably a good idea not to introduce cardio until after you've completed the entire first cycle. Start with one set, and if it does not hinder your performance in the other exercises - add a second set at the start of the next cycle.

Q11: Are there any videos that show how each exercise should be performed?
    A: there are tons of them online. A good place to get started is this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8FAF74A332E11464

Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A: as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...prightRow.html). This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though.

Q13: Can I use dumbbells instead of a barbell to perform the exercises in this routine?
    A: Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that the program was designed with a barbell in mind; some of these exercises are more difficult to perform correctly with dumbbells, not to mention that as the weights you lift increase, your grip on the dumbbells will become a limiting factor (not so with a barbell). Do everything you can to get your hands on a bar, and only use dumbbells as a last resort.

Q14: damn, I missed my medium training day due to [insert any reason here]. What should I do?
    A: if for some reason you are not capable of performing three exercises on a given week, you can perform only two, however both will then have to be heavy days. Allow a minimum of 2 rest days both before and after your second heavy day on such a week. However, doing this too often will hinder recovery - the routine was very carefully designed for 3 weekly workouts, and changing that should only be done in extreme cases.

Q15: So I managed to complete all reps for both work-sets for all exercises on my "test day" (heavy day of week 5). How much should I increase my weights for those exercises?
    A: You should add 10% to each exercise that you passed, and don't forget to include the weight of the bar. For example, if you use an Olympic 45 lbs. bar, and you load that with 55 lbs. for squats, you would increase the weight up to (55 + 45)*1,1 for the next cycle, which would make it 110 lbs (again, this includes the barbell).

Q15: So I have managed to complete all reps for all exercises on all workouts, except for the overhead press... I only managed to get 11 reps on the second work-set of week 5 heavy day for those... can I bump the weight up anyway for the next cycle? I mean come on, I only missed one rep... pretty please?
    A: You can already see by the sarcastic way the question above was phrased that the answer is going to be "no" you can only increase the weight for the next cycle by 10% if you manage to complete 12 reps for each work-set on heavy day of week 5. Not a single rep more, and not a single rep less. If you failed even a single rep, you will need to repeat the weight for that failed exercise for the duration of the entire next cycle (5 week period). This is a safe-guard designed to make sure you do not keep infinitely stalling on the same exercise and to give the involved muscles enough time to rest and recover for some more banging.

Q16: How do I know if I am a "Beginner" or not?
    A: A beginner is, generally speaking, anyone who cannot squat twice his body weight, and bench press 1,5 times his body weight, for one repetition. So if you weigh 200 lbs for example, you should be able to squat once for close to 400 lbs. and bench press once for close to 300 lbs, in order to be considered to have moved beyond the "beginner" stage. It has nothing to do with how long you have been lifting weights - there are many people who have been going to the gym for a few years and who are still considered beginners. As long as your lifts are noticeably below the threshold described above, you are still a beginner and you'll benefit greatly from this routine.
    Last edited by scott_donald; 08-14-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

fake it till i make it johnblythe's Avatar
    johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000) johnblythe is just really nice. (+1000)
    First!

Glad to see that this program has been so incredibly helpful to people that it had to be shut down and reborn in a new thread. Thanks All Pro for all the help you've given with this thing. Good luck to all the n00bs who join up on this second thread-
    A better read than 50 Shades of Gray and Twilight combined, srsbrah: http://tinyurl.com/jblylifts

CURRENT GOAL: 1100+ (reached 04/11); 1150+, < 14%
    Current lameness: 375/235/495 = 1105
    [b]2013[/b]: +85# on 4/11

Racing KenshinH to manly (495+) pull

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheLBM View Post
    Thank you kindly LBM, for the quick work in helping to keep the routine's sticky up and alive!

Originally Posted by johnblythe View Post
    First!

Glad to see that this program has been so incredibly helpful to people that it had to be shut down and reborn in a new thread. Thanks All Pro for all the help you've given with this thing. Good luck to all the n00bs who join up on this second thread-
    Are you jealous that I have post #10k? :P

A big congratulations to All Pro for bringing the routine around, and to everyone who's contributed and asked questions throughout the past 3 years... Here's to 3 more!
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The title should have had a subtitle to it.

5k more posts of repeated questions followed by 5k posts of repeated answers =]

hehe

Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Motive is just really nice. (+1000)
    fifth !
    ~Moosifee~

"Yes, if you squat wrong it f**ks things up. If you squat correctly, those same f***ed-up things will unf**k themselves." -- Mark Rippetoe

(Cycle 3 : all pro's 636)

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The routine

Just in case ... Here's a quote with the program itself... Probably something John should've done (wink wink)

Originally Posted by all pro
    A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500) sumopatrol is not very helpful. (-500)
    1st page! lol Yea I'm one week into it and digging it so far. Nice change up from starting strength.

icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icanflynucant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    Just in case ... Here's a quote with the program itself... Probably something John should've done (wink wink)
    I was thinking of doing that... but than I decided against it. I feel like many people will not even look at the first thread now.

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1st page IN. I tried the 130 pounds and still struggling. Cant believe just 5 pounds on each side can make such a difference.

rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000) rr1963 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Time for the FAQ. Hurry!

wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just finished week 3 of this today. Lifts have gone up.

Looking forward to the start of week 6 so I can increase the weight by even more!
    **MISC Cigar Crew**

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Holy crap! I can't believe how big that thread got.

SevenSilver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Might as well put this thread to use then... so tomorrow's supposed to be my light WO (cycle 3, week 2) but I fell pretty ill today and pretty sure won't be able to do it, I'm on some heavy duty antibiotics at the moment.

Anyway.... my knees are giving me a lot of trouble, especially my left one, they're hurting more and more and it looks like I might have to stop with the squats (and/or SLDL). I'll try to go see a doctor and get sent to a specialist I suppose.

Do you think I could continue with the workout and skip squats (which is actually my favourite exercise, with BP being most hated...)?

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SevenSilver View Post
    Might as well put this thread to use then... so tomorrow's supposed to be my light WO (cycle 3, week 2) but I fell pretty ill today and pretty sure won't be able to do it, I'm on some heavy duty antibiotics at the moment.

Anyway.... my knees are giving me a lot of trouble, especially my left one, they're hurting more and more and it looks like I might have to stop with the squats (and/or SLDL). I'll try to go see a doctor and get sent to a specialist I suppose.

Do you think I could continue with the workout and skip squats (which is actually my favourite exercise, with BP being most hated...)?
    If you feel sick don't worry about working out. Get well first. Next see a doctor. Never fool around with joint pain.

Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Week 1, day 3 tmr
    so far so good
    1 question though, the routine said to do cardio on non training day, but the day after training, my leg is sore from the squat, should i still do cardio. i afraid if i do cardio, i will slow down the process of recovering from my leg

Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rr1963 View Post
    Time for the FAQ. Hurry!
    actually i think it's time for the beginner-intermediate routine lol
    i saw a lot of guy here nearly done with this routine and need one to continue

dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am going to start this routine in four weeks (which is when my rotator cuff should be 100% healed). Any ideas on how to get a good head start that doesn't involve benching or overhead presses?

Originally Posted by Akos1712 View Post
    actually i think it's time for the beginner-intermediate routine lol
    i saw a lot of guy here nearly done with this routine and need one to continue
    There were 2 full body intermediate routines and 1 upper/lower split posted in the other thread. I could put up dozens more and that's why I get confused when someone asks about them. Dedicated trainers are going to spend a long time, years at the intermediate level very slowly moving up. To get to a 100 pound bench press, no problem. To get to a 200 pound bench press, well that will take some work. To get to a 300 pound bench press, years for most people. To get to a 400 pound bench press, prepare for the fight of your life! Most people will give up as progress slows down and never get to 300 pounds. If you spend enough time on this site you'll see these people complaining and jumping from program to program every month and getting nowhere.

wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wills12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    There were 2 full body intermediate routines and 1 upper/lower split posted in the other thread. I could put up dozens more and that's why I get confused when someone asks about them. Dedicated trainers are going to spend a long time, years at the intermediate level very slowly moving up. To get to a 100 pound bench press, no problem. To get to a 200 pound bench press, well that will take some work. To get to a 300 pound bench press, years for most people. To get to a 400 pound bench press, prepare for the fight of your life! Most people will give up as progress slows down and never get to 300 pounds. If you spend enough time on this site you'll see these people complaining and jumping from program to program every month and getting nowhere.
    When would you say that it's time for someone to move on from your program?
    **MISC Cigar Crew**

najaja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

still sore?

i worked out using all pro's routine for the first time on tuesday, but i am still sore even after a rest day. will i hurt my gains by working out while sore?

TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueQBN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wills12 View Post
    When would you say that it's time for someone to move on from your program?
    When you stop adding weight to your lifts/stop making progress.

EDIT: 21st!
    First Real Cut.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131735903

Start: 02/12: | 211.2
    03/01 - 205.4
    03/29 - 201.4
    04/05 - 199.8
    04/19 - 195.4
    05/17 -188.4
    06/01 - 186.2

Originally Posted by najaja View Post
    i worked out using all pro's routine for the first time on tuesday, but i am still sore even after a rest day. will i hurt my gains by working out while sore?
    Stretch well and fight through it!

If the pain is too much then obviously stop, but being sore is part of starting to work out. It goes away in a couple of weeks and you'll be able to workout while only feeling like your muscles are tired afterwards, not like you can't walk.
    **MISC Cigar Crew**

rolexbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rolexbody
    Can somebody please help here, is it ok to do:

q1.LEG PRESS instead of Squats?

q2. DUMBBELL ROW instead of Bent-Over Rows, or is it ok just to do PULL UPS?

q3.not sure what to do instead of Stiff-Legged Deadlifts

I believe above exercises are 'high risk' for the back so i want to do similar exercises that are much safe.

For the past 34 years I wondered what it was like to live without lower back problems, and then I started this routine and I found out.

I am just saying that it is high risk, specially with this program where you constantly increase wight, and when you star pulling heavy one mistake can be fatal, just my opinion.

That is why i though to sub some exercises with 'safe once' even though those exercise could be less effective...

Low-life street hobo. courtsidebum's Avatar
    courtsidebum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haven't started anything yet until next week. Haha. Cardio should be all right within this week and then I'll start lifting on Monday.

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Sweet

In on Page One!
    Well done is better than well said.

dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rolexbody View Post
    Originally Posted by rolexbody
    Can somebody please help here, is it ok to do:

q1.LEG PRESS instead of Squats?

q2. DUMBBELL ROW instead of Bent-Over Rows, or is it ok just to do PULL UPS?

q3.not sure what to do instead of Stiff-Legged Deadlifts

I believe above exercises are 'high risk' for the back so i want to do similar exercises that are much safe.

For the past 34 years I wondered what it was like to live without lower back problems, and then I started this routine and I found out.

I am just saying that it is high risk, specially with this program where you constantly increase wight, and when you star pulling heavy one mistake can be fatal, just my opinion.

That is why i though to sub some exercises with 'safe once' even though those exercise could be less effective...
    1. Squats are king
    2.DB row is fine
    3. SLDL is meant to be a light exercise.

And for your general worry of unsafe exercises, go extrememly light if your scared......to get the form correct. if you have correct form you wont get injured. 5 years in the gym, not 1 injury gym related.
    "Do what they won't do today so you can do what they can't tomorrow"
    "Shut up and squat"

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Update from intermediate program by All Pro

Due to the fact that i have a hard time adding weight to the bar, All Pro suggest that i should do a 4 weeks testing which mean that i pick the weight that i could do 1 set of 5 reps and reduced 25% and start with that number. I will be adding 10lbs to the bar every workout section during that 4 weeks (8 workout sections). I am also reduced the calories intake so i could drop my BF. I am current at 185lbs, 30" waist (from 32"). I also do cardio 3 days a week for 30 mins at intense level and maintain my HR at 160+. Here is the picture from today during and 1 hr after the workout. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Sorry for a bad quality picture. My partner getting tire cuz i pushed him too hard lol

315lbs SLDL 5x5

375lbs calf raised 12 reps

1hr after workout. I am still sweating because it is hot outside and it was about 80+ degrees inside the gym without AC.

Thank you for your time. One thing i learn from this program is that i should start with lighter weight. I use the same amount of weight that i was on the Beginner program. I did 8 cycles and i thought i was ready and well prepared, reality hit me real hard after i made the change.

Steve
    Last edited by Sngo; 04-07-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Steve H. Ngo
    Currently on 12 weeks bulking program.
    Starting at 165lbs with approx 12% BF.

bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    guys i need help. im on my second week, workouts have been good and completing all reps with ease.

iv showed a couple of friends and coworkers the routine. but most of them said its not really suited for me. i still consider myself a beginner, mostly because i have never done these lifts. but i have been working out for over a year. iv been doing p90x for a while, i decided to stop because i wasn't progressing in the exercises any more, and it had way to much cardio for me.

what do u guys think? right now i know its pretty easy, the only exercises that kinda challange me is squat and benchpress. but later on it will get heavy and i will be pushing myself for every rep.

they just kept saying i need more load, different exercises (more) and instead be doing a split because im not new to working out. now i feel like i should of started with this program then do something like p90x after and i messed up.
    my all pro's workout journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133101993

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bandit25 View Post
    guys i need help. im on my second week, workouts have been good and completing all reps with ease.

iv showed a couple of friends and coworkers the routine. but most of them said its not really suited for me. i still consider myself a beginner, mostly because i have never done these lifts. but i have been working out for over a year. iv been doing p90x for a while, i decided to stop because i wasn't progressing in the exercises any more, and it had way to much cardio for me.

what do u guys think? right now i know its pretty easy, the only exercises that kinda challange me is squat and benchpress. but later on it will get heavy and i will be pushing myself for every rep.

they just kept saying i need more load, different exercises (more) and instead be doing a split because im not new to working out. now i feel like i should of started with this program then do something like p90x after and i messed up.
    Not sure which cycle you are on. But i suspect you are new in this program. It is easy now but it is going to be extremely hard after 3-4 cycles and when you hit 6-7 you will pray to jesus to bless you with all the strength so you could finish all the reps.

Not many people like this program because they are too busy following the program that they found in the magazine that name after a notorious body builder. I found this program to be useful and i love it. You have got to give it time and patient is the key to success.
    Steve H. Ngo
    Currently on 12 weeks bulking program.
    Starting at 165lbs with approx 12% BF.

bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandit25 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    its my first cycle second week, just starting. i do like it. i dont mind the time. i dont even want it to get to heavy to fast because then i could stall. i want to keep progressing every week. i just want to make sure im doing the right thing.
    my all pro's workout journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133101993