Closed Thread
Page 387 of 397 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,610 of 11884
    I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know AP said you're about ready to move on when you're at a 1.5x bodyweight bench press and a 2x bodyweight squad (1 rep max). What about other lifts? Anyone know? Just curious.

SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stev05 View Post
    How much you lift initially is irrelevant. This isn't a strength program, most people are doing it to modify their aesthetics in some way. It's great for that, and it's set up so that as long as you're not stalling, you're succeeding at the program. Just make sure you test your 10 rep max for all the exercises and then put your faith in the program.
    thanks for all those responses, refreshing to hear. can't wait to start this on monday and continually monitor my progress.

one last lingering question: I would assume that a true beginner like myself would make gains much faster than someone who has already been lifting for a while . if that's true, would i be better served to start with a pure strength program, being my goal is to gain muscle? i know it's pointless to linger on which is better, obviously this will work, but my boss at work was telling me I should consider that.

I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SMcVicker91 View Post
    thanks for all those responses, refreshing to hear. can't wait to start this on monday and continually monitor my progress.

one last lingering question: I would assume that a true beginner like myself would make gains much faster than someone who has already been lifting for a while . if that's true, would i be better served to start with a pure strength program, being my goal is to gain muscle? i know it's pointless to linger on which is better, obviously this will work, but my boss at work was telling me I should consider that.
    My mind is full of phuck. You want to use a pure strength program to gain muscle? What the hell?

You want to do either this program or Starting Strength. Pick one and do it. They are the best beginner programs and are the ones most promoted on here for a reason.

SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tential View Post
    My mind is full of phuck. You want to use a pure strength program to gain muscle? What the hell?

You want to do either this program or Starting Strength. Pick one and do it. They are the best beginner programs and are the ones most promoted on here for a reason.
    Well, he told me about a program on westside barbell, which i cannot find, and apparently you do reps as fast as you can, and only train each muscle once a week. IIRC. I dunno, just wondering.

I did choose this over Starting Strength simply because I don't want to **** with Power cleans yet, lmao.

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You're not going to benefit as much from a split that hits each muscle group only once per week. At this point in the game, your body is able to recover from hitting full body 3 times a week. That's why it's either this or starting strength for most beginners on here. When you say "muscle", do you mean you want to bulk up and increase the aesthetic size of muscles? If that's the case, stick with this routine, it's a hypertrophy based routine. If you're considering strength to be muscle, and pushing more weight is your goal, then do starting strength. It will help you increase the amount you lift much quicker than this routine, but it won't be better for gaining size.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Each muscle once a week for a beginner...I don't think so!!!

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Robosphere...

Sorry to hear about the toe dude...that's sucks & I feel your pain! As u know, it's gonna require time off...just let it heal good bro! Then come back strong!

eyedunno99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is this normal for a beginner, or am i just really that pathetic? :P
    i'm 20.9 years old, 152lbs, 6'3
    Dude... don't think of it as being pathetic, think of how much potential you have! With the right nutrition, lifting and long term consistency you can make big progress and gains that will stay with you for awhile. Just don't give up!

Work in Progress! CharlieBoardman's Avatar
    CharlieBoardman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After completing a few cycles of this routine, what do you suggest I do next? What other workut routine should I pick up? Considering the fact that I have a home gym consisting of a squat rack, bench, barbell and dumbbells etc. I cannot take up routines which require machines! So this beginners routine was perfect for me. I just don't know where to go from here.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Originally Posted by Stev05 View Post
    You're not going to benefit as much from a split that hits each muscle group only once per week. At this point in the game, your body is able to recover from hitting full body 3 times a week. That's why it's either this or starting strength for most beginners on here. When you say "muscle", do you mean you want to bulk up and increase the aesthetic size of muscles? If that's the case, stick with this routine, it's a hypertrophy based routine. If you're considering strength to be muscle, and pushing more weight is your goal, then do starting strength. It will help you increase the amount you lift much quicker than this routine, but it won't be better for gaining size.
    Thanks for putting that into perspective for me.

Originally Posted by eyedunno99 View Post
    Dude... don't think of it as being pathetic, think of how much potential you have! With the right nutrition, lifting and long term consistency you can make big progress and gains that will stay with you for awhile. Just don't give up!
    Great way to put it, thanks.

ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CharlieBoardman View Post
    After completing a few cycles of this routine, what do you suggest I do next? What other workut routine should I pick up? Considering the fact that I have a home gym consisting of a squat rack, bench, barbell and dumbbells etc. I cannot take up routines which require machines! So this beginners routine was perfect for me. I just don't know where to go from here.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Are you sure that you are done with it? How many exercises did you fail on your last week of your last cycle?
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146289353

PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think he is just asking for future reference.

You can keep going with the program if you are still progressing and enjoying it. Otherwise, you could alternate 8-10 weeks of a Starting Strength type program with 2-3 cycles of APSBR (this program).

PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) PixelKilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yeah

Yeah

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for clearing that up. anything else I might need to know without having to look through 10.5 million posts? :P
    I actually haven't started yet, first real session is monday. the last couplle workout days for me have just been me learning how to lift weights, trying to get decent form, and figuring out the weight to start with (i never touched a barbell in my life until that first day). and that reminds me of another question i've been meaning to ask:

My weights are pathetic... 80lbs squats, 65lbs bench press, 70lbs bent row, 55lbs overhead press, 80lbs sldl, 55lbs curls, 110lbs calf raises.
    and yes this even includes bar weight (i do squats, benches, calfs on machine with tracks, wish i just had a power rack).

is this normal for a beginner, or am i just really that pathetic? :P
    i'm 20.9 years old, 152lbs, 6'3
    Honestly, I would suggest STARTING STRENGTH. You'll eating a lot for the next few months/years so might as well do that. Then when you start your cut, switch to this since starting strength will kick your ass on a calorie deficit.
    Make sure to figure out your diet. 90% of your gains will depend on your caloric intake. 152lbs at 6'3", means you have to stuff your face till you wanna throw up, more or less.

Originally Posted by FattyMcTubbs View Post
    Honestly, I would suggest STARTING STRENGTH. You'll eating a lot for the next few months/years so might as well do that. Then when you start your cut, switch to this since starting strength will kick your ass on a calorie deficit.
    Make sure to figure out your diet. 90% of your gains will depend on your caloric intake. 152lbs at 6'3", means you have to stuff your face till you wanna throw up, more or less.
    Interesting. I've gone from 148 - 154 in about a week. Idk how much is fat or muscle though, my diet consists mainly of healthy foods (I am vegan btw), a lot of fruit (bananas, berries, apples), peanut butter on whole wheat bread, meal replacement shakes at work, broccoli, carrots, oatmeal, shredded wheat cereal, fruit smoothies, flax oil, plant protein, hashbrowns, waffles, almonds, soy milk, oj, cj, vegan processed faux foods (soy nuggets, dairy-free mac n cheeze, veggie burgers; this is my only concern about my diet), cliff builders protein bars, bread + olive oil at work sometimes, hummus, whole wheat toast with vegan butter... i think that covers most of it.
    Pretty sure that's a solid diet, I was going at about 4,200+ calories/day, but have been told I should lower it, so sticking with 3,200-3,600. protein between 175-250g per day.

I'm going to look into starting strength again, but really is there any alternative to power cleans?

MrDeanoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all.
    I will be joining this programme in the next few days. Just a quick question though:

-Will this programme also add mass as well as strength? If not, how long until you start training for mass?

Thankyou =]

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'm going to look into starting strength again, but really is there any alternative to power cleans?
    In Ripp's book he says you can use the bent over rows as a replacement. Personally I didn't like the power clean as an exercise and secondly I don't need explosive power for any of the activities and sports I enjoy so I didn't do them except to learn how and prove I could do them.
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

Work in Progress! CharlieBoardman's Avatar
    CharlieBoardman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ectojohn View Post
    Are you sure that you are done with it? How many exercises did you fail on your last week of your last cycle?
    No not at all! Maybe I worded my last message incorrectly. I've only just started this routine, not even completed one cycle yet! I plan to do it for a few cycles yet (until I stop seeing improvements). I'm just wondering what I should move onto next that's all. Even though it's a while off, I like to know what I'll be doing.

vincef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd like to start doing some cardio on off days, for energy and cardiovascular health.

Is there some solid n00b plan I can follow that has been reccomended by AP or by people doing this program?

Thanks.

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FattyMcTubbs View Post
    I am hoping your exaggerating the bold part a bit. Yes if he wants to put on muscle he must gain weight but stuffing your face til you puke is only going to add a lot of extra fat.

Interesting. I've gone from 148 - 154 in about a week. Idk how much is fat or muscle though, my diet consists mainly of healthy foods (I am vegan btw), a lot of fruit (bananas, berries, apples), peanut butter on whole wheat bread, meal replacement shakes at work, broccoli, carrots, oatmeal, shredded wheat cereal, fruit smoothies, flax oil, plant protein, hashbrowns, waffles, almonds, soy milk, oj, cj, vegan processed faux foods (soy nuggets, dairy-free mac n cheeze, veggie burgers; this is my only concern about my diet), cliff builders protein bars, bread + olive oil at work sometimes, hummus, whole wheat toast with vegan butter... i think that covers most of it.
    Pretty sure that's a solid diet, I was going at about 4,200+ calories/day, but have been told I should lower it, so sticking with 3,200-3,600. protein between 175-250g per day.

Some people replace PC's with BB Rows but Rippetoe isn't a fan of that. Both of these programs will build strength I would pick the one more appealing to you and stick with it as long as possible, in the beginning we want to build a solid base and get the basic movements down. SS and All Pros will both do that.
    Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

daniels333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys

Just finished week 3 of my first cycle, and I feel its going well, although I do feel like some exercises I've started too heavy, like I'm barely finishing my bench press, but easily completing some such as calf raises and bent rows.

Definitely feeling my strength increase, as my press up max has increased from 21 to 32 in 3 weeks, and although I know it may not be a lot, at 95kg, it feels good to lift myself!

Just wondered if I can complete all twelve reps at week five for the ones I'm finishing easily, what the recommended increase of weight?

However I'll stick to the same bench press weight as at week 3, I can only manage around 8 reps.

sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Update: Im on my 4th week of my 6th cycle, so far i failed since cycle 5 and most likely will fail cycle 6, thats ok though, because i will most likely end this workout by the end of my 7th cycle, I been on a cut since mid cycle 4, I will continue till i hit 130lb , currently 140lb.

My next workout will most likley be a 4-5 day split something totally different from All pros routine. This workout has helped me out a LOT , but i pretty much got burnt out on this routine, looking to start fresh. Good luck to everyone and especially All PRO.

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HunterMC6 View Post
    I am hoping your exaggerating the bold part a bit. Yes if he wants to put on muscle he must gain weight but stuffing your face til you puke is only going to add a lot of extra fat.
    Of course it's an exaggeration.
    He should be taking in 2200 calories on rest days and 3000 calories on work out days if he's doing a clean mass gain. Compared to my intake and my eating schedule, that's stuffing your face.

Originally Posted by daniels333 View Post
    Hey guys

Just finished week 3 of my first cycle, and I feel its going well, although I do feel like some exercises I've started too heavy, like I'm barely finishing my bench press, but easily completing some such as calf raises and bent rows.

Definitely feeling my strength increase, as my press up max has increased from 21 to 32 in 3 weeks, and although I know it may not be a lot, at 95kg, it feels good to lift myself!

Just wondered if I can complete all twelve reps at week five for the ones I'm finishing easily, what the recommended increase of weight?

However I'll stick to the same bench press weight as at week 3, I can only manage around 8 reps.
    Your weight goes up by 10% for the next cycle if you pass week 5 heavy day.
    Your press up max went up in 3 weeks? How do you have time to test your MAX reps if following the routine as it's laid out? You only have enough rest days to recover from the previous work out day, when did you find time to properly recover, test your MAX and be ready for the next day?
    Your weights should only be going up every 5 weeks and only if you pass the 2x12rep heavy day.
    Maybe I misunderstood you?
    Last edited by FattyMcTubbs; 08-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by daniels333 View Post
    Hey guys

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cycle 1 in the books. Passed everything although bench was almost a failure. Here were my lifts for first cycle:

Squat 135
    Bench: 135
    Rows: 85
    OHP: 75
    SLDL: 135
    Curls: 48, assuming my EZ Curl bar is 18lbs

I was on a caloric deficit for the entire cycle and have been for a little while. Got a vacation coming up so I will remain in a deficit until that is over then it's time to bulk.
    Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ectojohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CharlieBoardman View Post
    No not at all! Maybe I worded my last message incorrectly. I've only just started this routine, not even completed one cycle yet! I plan to do it for a few cycles yet (until I stop seeing improvements). I'm just wondering what I should move onto next that's all. Even though it's a while off, I like to know what I'll be doing.
    Allpro suggests moving on to his intermediate program. The workout can be found in the stickies. After that, it might be a good idea to look at a split depending on what your objectives are (get more muscle definition etc)
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146289353

Originally Posted by HunterMC6 View Post
    Cycle 1 in the books. Passed everything although bench was almost a failure. Here were my lifts for first cycle:

Squat 135
    Bench: 135
    Rows: 85
    OHP: 75
    SLDL: 135
    Curls: 48, assuming my EZ Curl bar is 18lbs

I was on a caloric deficit for the entire cycle and have been for a little while. Got a vacation coming up so I will remain in a deficit until that is over then it's time to bulk.
    Good job, buddy!

bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500)
    today i done the testing to see what my 10 rep max was... it is as follows

squats 100kg / 227 lbs
    bench press 55kg / 118 lbs
    bent over rows 61.5kg / 121 lbs
    overhead barbell press 35kg / 77 lbs
    stiff legged deadlift 51kg / 112 lbs
    barbell curls 25kg / 51 lbs
    calf raises 59 kg / 130 lbs

i honestly dont know how i cam going to do 2 work sets of each lol

i do have a question though... when i do the 2 work sets... do i, lets say do 2 work sets of squats, then go to bench press?

or do i do 1 work set squats, then 1 work set of bench press and so on and once i finnish the routine i start set set of each?

cheers

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bladesama View Post
    today i done the testing to see what my 10 rep max was... it is as follows

squats 100kg / 227 lbs
    bench press 55kg / 118 lbs
    bent over rows 61.5kg / 121 lbs
    overhead barbell press 35kg / 77 lbs
    stiff legged deadlift 51kg / 112 lbs
    barbell curls 25kg / 51 lbs
    calf raises 59 kg / 130 lbs

i honestly dont know how i cam going to do 2 work sets of each lol

i do have a question though... when i do the 2 work sets... do i, lets say do 2 work sets of squats, then go to bench press?

or do i do 1 work set squats, then 1 work set of bench press and so on and once i finnish the routine i start set set of each?

cheers
    do your squats = first work set = 90 second rest = second work set of squats
    same for the other exercises.
    if you dont get both your sets this early on you started to heavy...
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500) bladesama is not very helpful. (-500)
    with the squats, i used to machine because the barbell by itself work my neck waaaaay to much... so i just calculated the actual weight on bar.. i didnt include any extra weight from machine

Closed Thread
Page 387 of 397 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 ... LastLast