Closed Thread
Page 105 of 397 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 11884
    Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adamspoon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have just had the craziest two weeks at work ever, worked ridiculous hours, haven't had much sleep, only made it to the gym once and my diet has been terrible. As a result I've lost over half a stone (fat and muscle) and really struggled with most of my lifts in my one gym session. Going to have to start the cycle all over tomorrow and start trying to eat big again. Hopefully the weight will go back on as fast as it came off!

dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Update for yall:
    Just finished cycle two week four heavy day a few hours ago. God i forgot how tough the 11/12 rep weeks are. I was/still am crushed after. Failed on bench set 2 rep 10, which also happened cycle one week four so hopefully i can manage 2x12 next week like i did in cycle one. Also my last few reps of curls on my second set were with shoddy form (slight body swing for the last 2). Clearly my endurance is still laggy a little behind, but strength is definitley improving continuosly.

On another note i have 2 bball games this week for this summer mens league im in (been most of my cardio) as opposed to the regular one game a week. I think this is going to cause me to skip the light day, as the games are on my 2 workout days (tu/th) and whenever i train (light day) before balling im half dead by the second half so just going to do a wednesday medium day then take off til sunday to be well rested for my week 5 heavy on sunday.

Keep up the hard work yall.

Edit: tried out animal rage today, check out my take (vs. White flood) here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137440813
    Last edited by dcdlm; 08-21-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    YouTube.com/howtobeast | IG: @howtobeast | Blog: howtobeast.com

aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would it be wise to run the first cycle on maintenance and then bulk the next one?

BamaFan01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Don't use the collars.
    Not sure if i have a choice. I never have a partner to work out with so I will not have a spotter. What should I do? Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks again.

aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50) aalexcp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BamaFan01 View Post
    Not sure if i have a choice. I never have a partner to work out with so I will not have a spotter. What should I do? Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks again.
    Precisely... if you have the collors on you won't be able to slide the plates off by leaning the bar to the sides.

Official Misc Motivator whelap2's Avatar
    whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000) whelap2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aalexcp View Post
    Precisely... if you have the collors on you won't be able to slide the plates off by leaning the bar to the sides.
    You are going to feel like the biggest PoS ever if that happens. I suggest doing the "roll the bar down your chest to your legs than standing up" bail instead. Hurts more but maybe 5% as embarrassing.
    Rep back all who request it
    Engineers | Connecticut | NY Giants Fans | Runners

eatliftsurfeatliftsurfeat surfeatliftsurf's Avatar
    surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifting to failure alone and crushing yourself makes you look like a tool regardless. Keeping the collars off is the safest way to do that if you need to. Bringing a lifting buddy or asking someone for a spot is the safest way to lift heavy towards the end of the cycle.

dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dcdlm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by surfeatliftsurf View Post
    Lifting to failure alone and crushing yourself makes you look like a tool regardless. Keeping the collars off is the safest way to do that if you need to. Bringing a lifting buddy or asking someone for a spot is the safest way to lift heavy towards the end of the cycle.
    truth. although yesterday on my week 4 cycle 2 heavy, i pumped out the first 11 no problem and my pride/confidence led me to NOT ask for a spotter on the 2nd, bad idea. when i failed on rep 10, had to give the "little help bro" under my breath to a dude on the bench 10-15 feet away. not too embarrassing but next time on my 2nd set i will be asking for a spot.

EDIT: Quick q, all pro. Dont know if you read my post at the top of this page, but this week i only have time for 2 workouts, should my 2nd day be a medium or a heavy?

i know for people that only do 2 days EVERY week you recommend 2 heavy, but this will only be happening ~once a cycle for me. thanks.
    Last edited by dcdlm; 08-22-2011 at 11:57 AM.

LotusRenaultF1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went to the gym today and found out my 10 rep maxes so I'll be using these weights for the next five weeks as my heavy set:

Squats: 75lbs
    Bench Press: 65lbs
    Bent-Over Rows: 45lbs
    Overhead Barbell Press: 35lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 45lbs
    Calf Raises: 70 (there's a machine at my gym for this)

Just to clarify I read this right, I use this weight for the first 5 weeks (1st cycle) and do not add the 10% at the end of start of the next cycle, not the next week right?

Also with the warm ups it's one set of the day's 1/4 weight, 3 sets of 1/2 weight, then 4 sets of full weight? That's what I read the warm-up part of this to be.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dcdlm View Post
    truth. although yesterday on my week 4 cycle 2 heavy, i pumped out the first 11 no problem and my pride/confidence led me to NOT ask for a spotter on the 2nd, bad idea. when i failed on rep 10, had to give the "little help bro" under my breath to a dude on the bench 10-15 feet away. not too embarrassing but next time on my 2nd set i will be asking for a spot.

EDIT: Quick q, all pro. Dont know if you read my post at the top of this page, but this week i only have time for 2 workouts, should my 2nd day be a medium or a heavy?

i know for people that only do 2 days EVERY week you recommend 2 heavy, but this will only be happening ~once a cycle for me. thanks.
    Do 2 heavy work outs.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LotusRenaultF1 View Post
    I went to the gym today and found out my 10 rep maxes so I'll be using these weights for the next five weeks as my heavy set:

Squats: 75lbs
    Bench Press: 65lbs
    Bent-Over Rows: 45lbs
    Overhead Barbell Press: 35lbs
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 45lbs
    Calf Raises: 70 (there's a machine at my gym for this)

Just to clarify I read this right, I use this weight for the first 5 weeks (1st cycle) and do not add the 10% at the end of start of the next cycle, not the next week right?

Also with the warm ups it's one set of the day's 1/4 weight, 3 sets of 1/2 weight, then 4 sets of full weight? That's what I read the warm-up part of this to be.
    You use the same weight for the entire 5 week cycle. set one at 1/4, set 2 at 1/2, sets 3 and 4 at 10 rep max for work out 1. Work out 2 use 10% less weight for the work sets and work out 3 use 20% less weight.

Do 2 heavy work outs.
    thanks for the quick response, you the best.

was hoping youd say medium tho, another heavy will be quite fun.
    Last edited by dcdlm; 08-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Referee8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BamaFan01 View Post
    Thanks again.

Take it easy. I also don't have a spotter so I lift heavy alone. If I feel that I am not gonna make it, I put the bar back on the rack and call it a fail. Like today was my week 3 heavy day. I did all 10 reps first workset. My second failed at 9. I barely racked the bar. I just move on to the next exercise.

anti-atrophy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I replace the stiff legged deadlift with regular deadlifts? I'm more familiar / comfortable with the regular deadlifts. Just wondering. Thanks.

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by surfeatliftsurf View Post
    Bingo! Repped.
    Well done is better than well said.

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do 2 heavy work outs.
    @dcdlm - BUT, put TWO days rest in between the workouts. AP just forgot to mention that part. I did two heavy days last week but did the workouts on Monday and Thursday. Heading into this week I'm going to be VERY thankful to hit my medium workout after having my heavy again today.....Three days of heavy lifting wears ya down a bit...

Originally Posted by anti-atrophy View Post
    Can I replace the stiff legged deadlift with regular deadlifts? I'm more familiar / comfortable with the regular deadlifts. Just wondering. Thanks.
    Negatory. That's a completely different lift. AP will tell you that you'll trash your CNS by doing that. Not to punk you, but that question has been asked about a 1,000 times on this board. Seriously. Pick any random 5 pages of this thread and I bet you find at least TWO pages where that question has been asked. The response is always the same - No. Not a good idea. Sometimes a more colorful response of "Sure...Go for it. Only if you want to spontaneously combust in flames". But, you get the point....
    Well done is better than well said.

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is bad if I feel not pain but just a sore feeling in my lower back while doing Overhead Press.

countryboy4x4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Newbie here, I'm planning on starting the beginners workout as soon as I get an answer to this question. I work 2 jobs, one in the morning, then I go to class then the other one after classes. I'm afraid I wont get enough sleep to make up for the work out. On the nights I get the most sleep I will get maybe 7 hours of sleep each night. Any input guys? any supplements that would help maybe make up a little for the lack of sleep? Thanks for any input

I started cycle 1 week 1 today. It was my heavy day and I could only get 6-7 of the 8 reps on the second set of the overhead press (using 50 pounds) should I continue with the same weight throughout all the cycle an then repeat or should I drop the weight 5 pounds and use that from the medium day and on?

I didn't get enough sleep last night if that means anything lol.
    Last edited by aalexcp; 08-22-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Registered User ImWeakTightUCLA's Avatar
    ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ImWeakTightUCLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

reverse curls

So I finished cycle 1. And increased all the weights except curls (even though i completed the curls, I was having right forearm pain). I think I will be able to complete everything this cycle except the bench press. I have a problem with the bottom half of the bench (I think that means weak shoulders).

Would it be appropriate ALL PRO to do reverse curls instead of normal curls with an EZ Bar for this routine? Will reverse curls help my wrist extensors?

eatliftsurfeatliftsurfeat surfeatliftsurf's Avatar
    surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) surfeatliftsurf is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cycle 5, day 1 complete.
    Squat - 2x205x12
    Bench - 2x175x12
    Row - 2x105x12 (weak, I know)
    Press - 110x12, 110x11 (only failure point this cycle)
    SLDL - 2x165x12
    B. Curl - 2x65x12
    Calf Raise - 2x185x12

Going up 10% next week for everything except OHP.

Originally Posted by aalexcp View Post
    I started cycle 1 week 1 today. It was my heavy day and I could only get 6-7 of the 8 reps on the second set of the overhead press (using 50 pounds) should I continue with the same weight throughout all the cycle an then repeat or should I drop the weight 5 pounds and use that from the medium day and on?

I didn't get enough sleep last night if that means anything lol.
    Reduce the weight 10 pounds because you're way off.

Originally Posted by ImWeakTightUCLA View Post
    So I finished cycle 1. And increased all the weights except curls (even though i completed the curls, I was having right forearm pain). I think I will be able to complete everything this cycle except the bench press. I have a problem with the bottom half of the bench (I think that means weak shoulders).

Would it be appropriate ALL PRO to do reverse curls instead of normal curls with an EZ Bar for this routine? Will reverse curls help my wrist extensors?
    No don't add or replace the curls. Drop them for the next cycle then add them back in on the next cycle.

Angershark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All Pro,

I just switched over to your program this morning after a month into SS and getting my squats up to bodweight(2nd time i've done the program). Your program has a more balanced approach and as I get older i'm less and less concerned about the strength aspect and instead want to just set a good example for my wife and kids. Thanks again for this carefully laid out program.

Anyways, I just wanted to make sure I did it right this morning.

Every lift consists of 4 sets, right? 2 warmups and 2 work sets? The first one at 1/4 and the second at 1/2. Use the same weight for all work sets until the end of week 5, if I stalled on any of the lifts I keep the weight the same. If I was able to do all reps without stalls I add 10%, right?

phantomzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phantomzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Angershark View Post
    All Pro,

I just switched over to your program this morning after a month into SS and getting my squats up to bodweight(2nd time i've done the program). Your program has a more balanced approach and as I get older i'm less and less concerned about the strength aspect and instead want to just set a good example for my wife and kids. Thanks again for this carefully laid out program.

Every lift consists of 4 sets, right? 2 warmups and 2 work sets? The first one at 1/4 and the second at 1/2. Use the same weight for all work sets until the end of week 5, if I stalled on any of the lifts I keep the weight the same. If I was able to do all reps without stalls I add 10%, right?
    You only need to warm up sets the first 3. You only do the 2 work sets of the rest.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137125273&pagenumber=

All Pro,

not quite. check the link below, should clear it up.

Damn that was fast. Thanks fellas. That cleared it up.

One other question. You recommend HIIT instead of LSD because of muscle loss, right? What exactly constitutes LSD? The reason I ask is because I will be needing to take a PT test for my job and it requires that I run 1.5 miles.

Should I just stick with some HIIT? If so, do you guys have any recommendations?

Damn that was fast. Thanks fellas. That cleared it up.

One other question. You recommend HIIT instead of LSD because of muscle loss, right? What exactly constitutes LSD? The reason I ask is because I will be needing to take a PT test for my job and it requires that I run 1.5 miles.

Should I just stick with some HIIT? If so, do you guys have any recommendations?
    Do what you have to to pass that test. HIIT can boost steady state endurance but by the time you get all of the nuts and bolts worked out you may have blown that test.

Do what you have to to pass that test. HIIT can boost steady state endurance but by the time you get all of the nuts and bolts worked out you may have blown that test.
    Thanks All Pro.

I think what i'll do is just work on running for no more than 10 minutes at a time and try to increase my distance during that 10 minutes up to the test. I doubt i'll be able to get the full 1.5 in 10 minutes(the test isn't until the end of December), but I KNOW that you can pretty much jog the entire thing in the time limit.

The test is a pass/fail grading, but I just would prefer to not be at the end of the group.

Reduce the weight 10 pounds because you're way off.
    That would mean I'd have to use dumbbells instead. Would that be ok? I suppose I'd have to restart the cycle next week. Should I not workout the rest of the week?

For the barbell curls I do them with just the bar (45lb) I need to use dumbbells or an EZ bar on the deload days. Is it ok to switch between them?

Closed Thread
Page 105 of 397 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast