Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    irish_muscle77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish_muscle77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    senior year of high school i was 5'10" 235-245 ran a 4.9 hand time

moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) moon90 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    4.71 at 6'4 250

Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raxcoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5.3 at 14 years old in 8th grade weighing 140 and a height of around 5'7

sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethboss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last season (as a junior) I ran a 4.9

That was at 5'8 and 150 lbs

Fastest kid on my team (4.6) is my best freind, he weighs 200 lbs and is a mlb who started varsity as sophomore, now we just finished junior season and got a repeat sec championship. I swear hes going d1

brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4.3-4.4 unofficial, i'll have to get one recorded over the offseason for lacrosse. I love having speed, just want to get some more size to go with it.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are running a 4.3 you should be a very competitive NCAA sprinter, and probably the fastest lacrosse player on the planet. Especially since a 4.33 was the fastest timei n the NFL combine this year under ideal conditions.

brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownyj23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've thought about running the 60 in indoor/ 100 outdoor haven't thought much into it though because lacrosse has been going year round. I assume my official time would be somewhere in low 4.4's

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    If you are running a 4.3 you should be a very competitive NCAA sprinter, and probably the fastest lacrosse player on the planet. Especially since a 4.33 was the fastest timei n the NFL combine this year under ideal conditions.
    also understand that all these people's 40 times on here are hand timed. Highly doubt high school and even most colleges do electronic trime. Nfl combine is electronic time. So a hs kid running a 4.3 isnt the same as a nfl combine guy running a 4.3

FullMoonRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HB in highschool (2009) and wrestled. Fastest was a 4.46.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    also understand that all these people's 40 times on here are hand timed. Highly doubt high school and even most colleges do electronic trime. Nfl combine is electronic time. So a hs kid running a 4.3 isnt the same as a nfl combine guy running a 4.3
    Problem is the kid really didnt run a 4.3.

SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SwoleJuice is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mine was 4.81 hand timed. Was in 8th grade, 120 lbs, 5'4.

My friend ran one at a combine and ran a 4.5. About 5'8-5'9 160-180lbs. Freshman
    Squat - 315 x 4, 355 x 1
    Bench - 225 x 5, 245 x 1
    Dead - 405 x 5 TnG, 425 x 2, 435 x 1

Lifts At 162lbs. - Finally in the 1000lbs club.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Problem is the kid really didnt run a 4.3.
    Who are you to say he didnt? unless you were there then you have no credibility to say he did or didnt do it. I am not saying he did but none of us are in the position to judge or tell him he didnt do something. Are there high school kids out there than can run a 4.3? yes, there are. Doesn't mean he is going to be an nfl player or world class sprinter. Just because he ran a 40 faster than an nfl player doesnt mean he didnt do it. There are high school kids who can run faster than nfl players but that doesn't mean they can be compared to those nfl players.

If it was all about speed...then why has jerry rice (4.7) burned Deion Sanders (4.2) nearly every time and make him look stupid?

So I am not telling the guy he didnt run a 4.3 because we dont know the facts, so who are we to judge? I am not doubting him because there are high school kids out there who can run 4.3's.

running the 40 isnt a "mature" thing. Meaning, you dont have to be a certain age to run a fast 40. It's genetics and how much work you have put into it and your body.

All those college and nfl players who have officially ran 4.3's were once in high school running that fast. You dont just wake up one day and your are fast. Those elite sprinters were fast all their lives. Those gifted with speed were running fast since they were 5 years old.

Now again, am I saying this guy ran a 4.3? No. but is it possible, yes? So why doubt him and tell him he didnt? The odds are that he didnt, but that doesnt mean he can't run that fast.

you are saying that he cant run a 4.3 because nfl players run 4.3's. theres no correlation between how fast u are and how good of a player u will be. the greatest wr ever to player was a 4.7 guy lol

Speak and think intelligently, not ignorantly.
    Last edited by SDOptimist; 04-10-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Because a kid in highschool running a 4.3 40 is going to be state champion in just about any sort of sprinting event. And like I said, a 4.3 is going to make you the second fastest college football this year, and no doubt the fastest lacrosse player ever. You shouldnt be so gullible. You should see the amount of time and $$$ that gets invested in college players to be able to perform like that, and some random kid without a bunch of speed experts isnt going to be able to duplicate it.

Its not a real 4.3 Its like me saying I can deadlift 700 pounds, when in reality I only rack pulled it.

Because a kid in highschool running a 4.3 40 is going to be state champion in just about any sort of sprinting event. And like I said, a 4.3 is going to make you the second fastest college football this year, and no doubt the fastest lacrosse player ever. You shouldnt be so gullible. You should see the amount of time and $$$ that gets invested in college players to be able to perform like that, and some random kid without a bunch of speed experts isnt going to be able to duplicate it.

Its not a real 4.3 Its like me saying I can deadlift 700 pounds, when in reality I only rack pulled it.
    cliff notes since my response was long:
    - There is more than one college player who runs a 4.3. may I ask what source you used to make you think one player ran a 4.3 40? and also how long did it take you to research all of the lacrosse players 40's?

-40 time/speed isnt everything. Just cuz a person runs a 4.3, doesnt mean they need to be on a pro team. there are people who don't play pro or top college level but still run an amazing 40. So quite getting so damn defensive whenever someone on here says that they run a fast 40. Are they lying or exaggerating? probably, but it's not impossible to run a fast 40.

-I agree that the kid didnt run a real 4.3, it just irritates me that you think you know it all and you are judging him. and that you think that if you aren't on a pro team then you can't run a fast 40.

-Ignorance blinds. Go see a doctor.

haha trust me, I am not being gullible. I never said I believe the guy runs a 4.3. Ive worked in hs, d-1a and nfl levels. I know what speed can and cannot do. You are making it sound like speed is everything and determines what you will become.

and no there are more than 1 college player that runs a 4.3. The combine doesnt cover every college player. So just cuz there is 1 4.3 guy in the nfl combine, doesnt mean he is the only one in the country

There are hs kids who can run 4.3. not many but there are some. And some of those wont even go on after hs to play any sports. And some will get a scholarship purely based on there speed and then realize they suck at ball.

You really dont understand speed. Speed doesnt determine anything. You are saying that if someone runs a 4.3 then he should be in the nfl or in the olympics. Thats not how it works. Theres more to sports than speed.

and yes college players and pro players put a lot of time and money to "perform like that". But "performing like that" isnt just speed. It's a lot of other factors they work on. Like, endurance, injury prevention, strength, intelligence. NOT just speed. So ya a hs kid can run a 4.3 and not be able to make it far because he doesnt invest into becoming a better "player". He just thinks speed will get him there. It wont.

Like i said, this kid probably didnt run a 4.3. But is it impossible? No. You just need to stop comparing a fast hs kid to the nfl. thats not how it works.

it't not just the speed these college and nfl players work on. more goes into a 4.3 than just speed.

Plus this "kid" is 19...not a high schooler. Many factors go into just making it onto a college team or pro team. Just because you are fast, doesnt mean you MUST be on a team or else you are lying. A lot of people just don't get the chance, regardless or how gifted they are.

Ive read your posts before. They are quite uneducated. Thought maybe you were a high schooler yourself, but then saw that you were 40. It's unfortunate. To be that old and yet still blinded by your ignorance.

the guy's 4.3 probably isnt accurate. But Me and someone like you are in no position to tell someone else they didnt do something if we werent there. lol these are little tips grown ups give kids. It's sad that I have to tell a 40 year old.

JUST BECAUSE A PERSON IS RUNS AS FAST AS AN NFL PLAYER, DOESN'T MEAN HE CAN PLAY IN THE NFL. THERE'S MORE TO THE GAME THAN SPEED. YOU WON'T MAKE IT BY JUST HAVING PURE SPEED.
    Last edited by SDOptimist; 04-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.

I got my 40 times from the official NFL combine results for this year . . . learn how to do some research yourself before you start insulting people. I can make my argument without personally attacking you - looks like you cant do the same. cheers.

Thank you SDOptimist for stating that it is obviously not impossible but is unlikely. I know i don't run a 4.3 official time as I have stated on this forum, I run somewhere in the low 4.4's maybe mid 4.4. I play COLLEGE lacrosse at Grand Valley State University, we are undefeated and ranked number 2 in the country in division 2 MCLA. People are acting as if I am not a descent athlete which makes absolutely no sense. I have worked my ass off playing multiple sports since before I was even in school. DCSpartan i'm sorry but your not even looking at it being a possibility, you don't know me, you haven't seen me run, I don't have to be on TV or in the newspaper every day just because I have a good 40 time. If you have ever even watched lacrosse you would know it takes a lot more than quick feet to be good.

Un-Aesthetic Diabetic wereireland's Avatar
    wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Ran around a 6 or 7 second 40 yard dash......yep i am that slow. I got no explosiveness of the line which hinders me a lot. It takes me a good second or two to get up to full speed.

findme75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i ran a 4.37 40 yard dash in highschool for basketball and didn't make the first round cut mainly because I wasn't tall enough. Being 5 10 at that time got me upset and I never played basketball again because I knew I was too short to play. At westlake hs I knew some people who were trying out on the basketball team and made it and they weren't even that good, most notably cam newton. All of the people on the team was 6+ feet... Go figure.

fast forward 4 years from now and I'm starting to love football. I'm also 6 feet now. I never really liked it until I started watching some games. I never played football in my life... ( well, i payed a little bit of flag football with my friends but that's it). Probably too late for me to play any football now given the fact that im probably too old... ah well.. life goes on.

wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildcats9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by findme75 View Post
    i ran a 4.37 40 yard dash in highschool for basketball and didn't make the first round cut mainly because I wasn't tall enough. Being 5 10 at that time got me upset and I never played basketball again because I knew I was too short to play. At westlake hs I knew some people who were trying out on the basketball team and made it and they weren't even that good, most notably cam newton. All of the people on the team was 6+ feet... Go figure.

fast forward 4 years from now and I'm starting to love football. I'm also 6 feet now. I never really liked it until I started watching some games. I never played football in my life... ( well, i payed a little bit of flag football with my friends but that's it). Probably too late for me to play any football now given the fact that im probably too old... ah well.. life goes on.
    Im going to be the dick here. No way you were athletically gifted enough to run a 4.37 and get cut first cut from a HS Bball team unless you have zero co-ordination. Also, pretty sure Cam Newton was pretty good HS basketball player without ever seeing him play. He is simply to big and athletically gifted to not be a good basketball player at the HS level.

The issue i have and DCSpartan (im sure) is people have no concept of what running a 4.3-4.5 40 yard dash is. If you run a sub 4.4 you are likely in the top 3-5% of all athletes in the country maybe more at any level. I was timed at 4.46 in HS by my coach but my legitimate 40 time was in the low 4.7's and you know what i would run away from DB's and run down RB's that ran their supposed 4.4's without much problem all the time.

In college my senior year we were ranked between 10-20 all year long and from our defense which was a top 15 nationally and had maybe 6 guys play in the NFL we had 1 guy who ran a sub 4.5 40 yard dash. I think on the whole team we had 3 sub 4.45 40's and one of them was a top 10 draft pick. The idea that there are these guys with great speed in high school running in the low 4.4's, 4.3's is absurd they are few and far between and usually ended up doing something in sports because the same genetics that allow them to run a 4.3 gives them advantage in all sports that require speed and explosion.

I know of 2 people personally that had faster 40 times coming out of high school then they ran at the NFL combine after 4-5 years of physical development in a high level S&C program and the same time of physical maturity. Hell i managed to drop my 40 time by close to .15 sec in college despite having 4 knee operations, included 2 ACL reconstructions and a degenerative joint.

OF course there is a lot more to a player than their 40 time but like i said people who are gentically blessed to achieve elite 40 times are more than likely blessed with some of the other attributes that will let them succeed at sports at a fairly high level

findme75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wildcats9 View Post
    Im going to be the dick here. No way you were athletically gifted enough to run a 4.37 and get cut first cut from a HS Bball team unless you have zero co-ordination. Also, pretty sure Cam Newton was pretty good HS basketball player without ever seeing him play. He is simply to big and athletically gifted to not be a good basketball player at the HS level.

The issue i have and DCSpartan (im sure) is people have no concept of what running a 4.3-4.5 40 yard dash is. If you run a sub 4.4 you are likely in the top 3-5% of all athletes in the country maybe more at any level. I was timed at 4.46 in HS by my coach but my legitimate 40 time was in the low 4.7's and you know what i would run away from DB's and run down RB's that ran their supposed 4.4's without much problem all the time.

In college my senior year we were ranked between 10-20 all year long and from our defense which was a top 15 nationally and had maybe 6 guys play in the NFL we had 1 guy who ran a sub 4.5 40 yard dash. I think on the whole team we had 3 sub 4.45 40's and one of them was a top 10 draft pick. The idea that there are these guys with great speed in high school running in the low 4.4's, 4.3's is absurd they are few and far between and usually ended up doing something in sports because the same genetics that allow them to run a 4.3 gives them advantage in all sports that require speed and explosion.

I know of 2 people personally that had faster 40 times coming out of high school then they ran at the NFL combine after 4-5 years of physical development in a high level S&C program and the same time of physical maturity. Hell i managed to drop my 40 time by close to .15 sec in college despite having 4 knee operations, included 2 ACL reconstructions and a degenerative joint.

OF course there is a lot more to a player than their 40 time but like i said people who are gentically blessed to achieve elite 40 times are more than likely blessed with some of the other attributes that will let them succeed at sports at a fairly high level

My basketball skills wearn't that good. I mean, I was trained to be a center to begin with ( played basketball in other countries where im the tallest guy on the team) and a 5 10 can't be a center at a school in which everyone else is as tall or taller than you. Yeah, he is a good basketball player ( seen him play) but give me the height that he is and watch me do something.

I played varsity basketball before I moved to atlanta and all i played was center. kinda messed me up because at westlake, I needed to be a point guard but I didn't have those skills.The only sport that interested me at that time was basketball. I don't know how legit my 40 time is However, I did get a recommendation from the coach to tryout for track and field but running isn't what I like to do unless its basketball ( and now football).

I know exactly what you mean when you have these guys that claim to run at 4.4. My cousin that played highschool football said he ran a 4.4 and I smoked him.

I'll see if I got what it takes to play football this season. I'll play d2 football while going for another degree.I can't catch for **** ( probably need practice) so I figure trying out as a db would be a better deal. If im not good enough to hang with d2 wr's then I have no business in football and should just stick to watching the game.

zambooki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zambooki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my most recent combine. i was laser timed at a 4.45. at 5'9" 165

PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I ran a 5.1 @ 25 years old, 40 pounds heavier than I am now, and I didnt lift/workout at that time. I really want to be timed now that I hit legs hard every week and run post workout everyday.
    Ohio State Crew
    Cavs
    Indians
    Browns
    DSM Crew

BFeezy52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6'4 256 d2 football player...i run a 4.78

supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    4.7 like 2 months ago being a freshman @ 160

supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50) supremebro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wereireland View Post
    Ran around a 6 or 7 second 40 yard dash......yep i am that slow. I got no explosiveness of the line which hinders me a lot. It takes me a good second or two to get up to full speed.

some lineman at the combine in the nfl was 340 pounds and ran a 4.9

if your not at least 370 and you say you run a 6-7 seconds in your 40 then that is just wow.

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by supremebro View Post
    some lineman at the combine in the nfl was 340 pounds and ran a 4.9

if your not at least 370 and you say you run a 6-7 seconds in your 40 then that is just wow.
    You are comparing an elite athlete with an average person. I would bet that 75%+ of 15 year olds run a 5.5 or higher. People who think that 5+ seconds is slow have no concept of what these speeds look like. The problem with 40 times is that we only see the times of elite level athletes (even the linemen at the combine are elite athletes) so what we see as a range <4.4=fast, 5+= really slow is extremely skewed. The vast majority of people, even people that workout and casually play sports (club and semi-pro) run in the 5+ range.

PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PervedOut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by brownj12 View Post
    You are comparing an elite athlete with an average person. I would bet that 75%+ of 15 year olds run a 5.5 or higher. People who think that 5+ seconds is slow have no concept of what these speeds look like. The problem with 40 times is that we only see the times of elite level athletes (even the linemen at the combine are elite athletes) so what we see as a range <4.4=fast, 5+= really slow is extremely skewed. The vast majority of people, even people that workout and casually play sports (club and semi-pro) run in the 5+ range.
    This is so true. I have a friend that was a D-2 running back 2 years ago. He runs a legit 4.5/4.6. You have no idea how freaking fast that is until you see someone like him come out of a batter's box in slow pitch beer league softball, compared to all the huge beer-bellied guys playing there. Its nuts.
    Ohio State Crew
    Cavs
    Indians
    Browns
    DSM Crew

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread:

Page 1: Pissing Contest
    Page 2: D*ck Measuring Contest
    Page 3: Widest @sshole Contest
    Page 4: Fictional Creative Writing Contest

Registered User GonnaGetThere21's Avatar
    GonnaGetThere21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ran an official 4.39 at the beginning of this track season. I weigh 145 lbs. and 5'7. Sophomore.

Reddit2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I run a 5.14 hand timed and 5.20 electron those are my best times
    15 years old weighing 174-175 lbs standing at 6'2"