Thread: Football

Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thecornerback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Football

Does anyone play american football here? I'm 120 pounds and 5,4. I need some excersises to help me gain weight and help me tackle people. I can't tackle a person and I get tackled easily. Please help .

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Thecornerback View Post
    Does anyone play american football here? I'm 120 pounds and 5,4. I need some excersises to help me gain weight and help me tackle people. I can't tackle a person and I get tackled easily. Please help .
    Can't go wrong with Bill Starr's 5x5 program for football. Basically power cleans, squats, bench, and press.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Strongest-.../dp/B000GK2BLU

In short...

Power Clean 5x5
    Bench/Press (alternating) 5x5
    Squat 5x5

The first workout of the week is the Heavy Day. Do ascending sets so your last set of 5 is the heaviest you can manage with good form.

Second workout of the week is your Light day. Take 80% of the weight you used for your last set of 5 and work up to that as your final set (e.g. so if you squatted 300x5 on Monday, you'll squat 240x5 on Wednesday).

The third workout of the week is your Medium Day. Use 90% of your heaviest set as your last set of 5 (e.g. so if you squatted 300x5 Monday, you'll do 270x5 on Friday).

For the bench and press: bench heavy on Monday, press heavy on Wednesday, bench medium on Friday.

Stick with these basic three exercises for a while, then once you get used to them (after about 12 weeks or so) you can add in some isolation exercises at the end. 1 for upper body, 1 for lower body, no more than 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps.

The book is excellent and worth the money though.
    Last edited by grouchyjarhead; 03-20-2015 at 06:08 PM.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sign up for football camps. You need to be taught how to tackle and you need to learn how to pursue.

Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Viking2396 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Almost every high school has a summer camp program were they teach the plays and techniques.

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cleans,deadlifts, bench, squats and eating to you almost burst should be your best friend right now!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donoservice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone play american football here? I'm 120 pounds and 5,4. I need some exercises to help me gain weight and help me tackle people. I can't tackle a person and I get tackled easily. Please help .
    Hey Buddy,

I would like to help you out as much as I can. As a former College Football Player I was in a similar boat as yourself in regards to harnessing my athletic potential. Are you currently enrolled at a 4 year College or 2 year JUCO school? Or are you located outside of North America?
    Donovan Service
    Founder & Lifestyle Architect
    @ Personal Management Institute (PMI) of Health & Fitness
    www.pmihealthfitness.com

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    All league CB here. I'm quite small for a football player (5'8") however I make it up in muscle. Hit the weight room like crazy and eat well. Still, being my size it's hard to take 6 foot dudes. So what do u gotta do? Ankle bite. That's just what u gotta do, your only real option. People say oh it's a pussy tackle or whatever but you're smaller than him so you have to do what you have to do in a contact sport. He's trying to run your ass over, you're trying to get him to the ground. As long as you don't so anything illegal, it's OK. Even my Coach teaches us to tackle below the waist. No matter how big a guy is, he can't run without his legs. If you can't get him down, hold on for dear life and your team will come and wipe him out. After a few times he'll voluntarily go down because getting hi-low tackled like that Hurts.