Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Fullbody Workout for 40 Year Old?

My Dad has been doing splits for a while and I told him that fb workouts are better. He is 40 years old and has been lifting for about 3 years. He is pretty strong and big.
    He is 6 feet, 185lb, and 15% bf.
    Would a fullbody workout be good for him?
    And what fb workout would you recommend for him?
    PM me for Demonoid Invites.

Bicycle crew.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why would you think that full body workouts are any better than a split routine?????
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Th3KaNgSt3R has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A lot of people have been saying fullbodys are better
    http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/muscle-building-4
    PM me for Demonoid Invites.

Bicycle crew.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gjc312 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude...Mens Health is for *******s. Its a garbage magazine.

Some perfer full body...some perfer split. I've done both. My numbers always go down with a full work out. So I do splits only now.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alot of people use a fullbody workout when they start out, then move on to a split routine. If he has been lifting for three years, is doing a split, and is happy with his results, then there is not need to change to a fullbody.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    Alot of people use a fullbody workout when they start out, then move on to a split routine. If he has been lifting for three years, is doing a split, and is happy with his results, then there is not need to change to a fullbody.
    ^^^^This.
    The volume and frequency of a good FB program will usually suit noobs best. When those noob gains begin to dry up, most often moving to a split, where the volume/frequency changes ratios, will provide furthur progress.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    ^^^^This.
    The volume and frequency of a good FB program will usually suit noobs best. When those noob gains begin to dry up, most often moving to a split, where the volume/frequency changes ratios, will provide furthur progress.
    Ironwill, that is interesting. Wife and I were doing FB for the last 6 months or so (for her, longer for me) and I found a program on bb.com which basically is FB plus 2 isolation sets per workout. I was looking at maybe doing that for awhile then looking at splits after we progress some more.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    Ironwill, that is interesting. Wife and I were doing FB for the last 6 months or so (for her, longer for me) and I found a program on bb.com which basically is FB plus 2 isolation sets per workout. I was looking at maybe doing that for awhile then looking at splits after we progress some more.
    That would be a logical way to proceed. Making small adjustments to your routine in order to continue to progress is usually a better way to go than to just junk the entire thing and move to something different.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    That would be a logical way to proceed. Making small adjustments to your routine in order to continue to progress is usually a better way to go than to just junk the entire thing and move to something different.
    Awesome, sounds good. Thanks for the advice!

bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bio-hazard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    split is king,
    but a full body works for me if traveling with only one day or two for a work-out, Just to maintain thats all.

WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000) WarEagle76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had great success with upper/lower splits without isolation work.
    Committed to:
    Benching 250
    Overhead Pressing 135
    Squatting 315
    Deadlifting 405

Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hogan1956 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Th3KaNgSt3R View Post
    My Dad has been doing splits for a while and I told him that fb workouts are better. He is 40 years old and has been lifting for about 3 years. He is pretty strong and big.
    I would recommend that you let the 40 year old man who has been lifting for 3 years lift any routine he wants to use. He has a head on his shoulders and i'm pretty sure he knows how to use it if he hasen't crippled himself this far in.

ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Th3KaNgSt3R View Post
    Gray area. Depends on what "better" means. More fat loss? More size? More strength? More cardio accent? Ad infinitum...

FB has its place, but it depends on what the goals are.

I prefer splits, but I've been at this thing since Ronald was in office. In my experience and many others, FB workouts inevitably wind up "cheating" certain muscle groups because of volume/time/intensity/energy level issues; if one has reached a certain point of development, it's virtually impossible to do every muscle group proper justice in a single workout. If the old man has been at this for a bit, maybe what he is doing is working just fine.

If one MUST do FB, I'd suggest:

Some type of row, pulldown, or chin
    Some type of chest press
    Some type of deadlift, clean, or good morning
    some type of overhead press or lateral (depending on what other movement choices were)
    some type of squat or leg press
    some type of ab movement

let the bis, tris, calves, and forearms come along for the ride- if one is at level where they need direct work on said groups, they should be splitting anyway
    Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.

"My workouts are on a slow simmer. Should I raise the heat and seek a
    boil, I invariably get scorched. Cold is intolerable, room temperature
    makes me sick, and comfy-warm puts me to sleep."
    "The bench press took a permanent leave of absence when I grew up 20
    years ago. I do not miss the overrated lopsided painster one bit.
    Dumbbells are where it's at."

-Dave Draper

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hogan1956 View Post
    I would recommend that you let the 40 year old man who has been lifting for 3 years lift any routine he wants to use. He has a head on his shoulders and i'm pretty sure he knows how to use it if he hasen't crippled himself this far in.
    I agree with this. I do three to four FB workouts each week and prefer them to split routines. Some days I focus more on certain body parts though. You have to enjoy what you are doing.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    * Warning* Opinion follows:
    I find that I need more time to recover than a full body workout allows. As a matter of preference, I also enjoy lifting more than 3 days per week. I usually hit each body part once per week. Currently, however, I'm doing back two times per week. My second back session is a lighter workout (4 sets of 12 for each excerise). I'm doing that to help improve my back. I've always had week lats. Even as a kid I was never able to do pull ups. Chins, on the other hand, were never a problem....
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

Paul "Bear" Bryant

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seems like he is doing just fine.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda