dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Big Arms & Light weight training?

i see quite a few big and lean dudes lifting medium weight for 8-12 reps and there arms are huge. how is this even possible? i do the same thing and my arm does not look like this. is it because im to lean 8% bodyfat dude i need higher body fat to get bigger?

That metal guy in the gym RMohio's Avatar
    RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can't relate how heavy they are living to muscle size. How long have you been training compared to them? To develop big arms takes time. It is also a factor of many things. Eating, routine, and genetics. Others contribute but those are the main ones.I wouldn't dwell in it. Focus on what your doing and give the weights hell. Nothing else you can really do. Keep it up though.

Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000)
    high reps with little breaks for mass.

low reps with bigger rests for strength.
    - Misc Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Crew -

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dildofranks1 View Post
    i see quite a few big and lean dudes lifting medium weight for 8-12 reps and there arms are huge. how is this even possible? i do the same thing and my arm does not look like this. is it because im to lean 8% bodyfat dude i need higher body fat to get bigger?
    Most guys who have been lifting a long time rotate routines up. It's simply not possible to lift with max intensity every time over the course of years. (Your joints wont take it) My guess is your seeing them during a moderate cycle.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

That metal guy in the gym RMohio's Avatar
    RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post
    high reps with little breaks for mass.

low reps with bigger rests for strength.
    What do you consider high reps? I doubt the accuracy of this. I see big guys all the time doing 6-8 reps on average with heavy weights. Any articles to support? And I mean all the time. Im there 5 days a week. I see all the other regulars and what they do. I actually have taken some exercises from some of them because they are new and different. Definately a learning experience.

Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000) Cacophony is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RMohio View Post
    What do you consider high reps? I doubt the accuracy of this. I see big guys all the time doing 6-8 reps on average with heavy weights. Any articles to support? And I mean all the time. Im there 5 days a week. I see all the other regulars and what they do. I actually have taken some exercises from some of them because they are new and different. Definately a learning experience.
    my own personal experience really. i used to do 4-6 rep max with 2 1/2 to 3 min breaks. i was very explosive, and i did put on size but nothing compared to when i started doing 10-12 reps with 1 1/2 to 2 min breaks.
    - Misc Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Crew -

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The could be on a hypertrophy day.

Or there is a workout called FST-7 that utilizes 7 sets of 10 to 12 reps.
    It's meant to pump the muscles with blood & stretch the facia to make your muscles grow.

dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dildofranks1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RMohio View Post
    8-12 reps for me with dumbells would be 30's or 35's barbell 70-80 lbs this medium weight for me

stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stillhot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think its cuz they already big. they even say 14%-17% bf for starting body building.
    6'0 175lbs 10% bf- goal 185lbs 8%