evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

2-day split without legs: advice on where to put rear delt work, please

I'm trying to get everything in two different workouts. I can't lift legs or do dead-lifts, so the "blessing in disguise" is that I find that I can recover decently enough to do everything else two days a week. (A-B-rest-A-B-rest-rest)

In doing a two day split, should I put all shoulder work with chest, even rear dealt work?

Or does it make sense to do most shoulder work on chest-day ("military" press, lateral raises, front raises, etc) but to pair rear delt work (reverse flys, etc.) with back-day?

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by evanisaac View Post
    I'm trying to get everything in two different workouts. I can't lift legs or do dead-lifts, so the "blessing in disguise" is that I find that I can recover decently enough to do everything else two days a week. (A-B-rest-A-B-rest-rest)

In doing a two day split, should I put all shoulder work with chest, even rear dealt work?

Or does it make sense to do most shoulder work on chest-day ("military" press, lateral raises, front raises, etc) but to pair rear delt work (reverse flys, etc.) with back-day?
    Why can't you do legs?
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jwtiger69 View Post
    Why can't you do legs?
    ACL injury as well as other ****. It's a real reason, I'm not just being lazy.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Why would you not just use a PPL template and remove the L?

Rear delts go with back. Anterior/lateral delts go with chest. Not trying to be rude, but if you don't know this then you really shouldn't be trying to write your own program man. Aside from that, why go through all the BS to write one when there are already plenty of good ones to choose from?
    Experience, not just theory

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Why would you not just use a PPL template and remove the L?

Rear delts go with back. Anterior/lateral delts go with chest. Not trying to be rude, but if you don't know this then you really shouldn't be trying to write your own program man. Aside from that, why go through all the BS to write one when there are already plenty of good ones to choose from?
    thanks. Yea, in hindsight I guess I coulda used a preexisting PPL and just subtracted L. But that's sort of where I end up now anyway.

Being that I'm not doing legs, do you think I should step up frequency and/or volume, or just do the exact routine as if i were doing legs? (caveat: obviously I'll "listen to my body" etc. but in general should I shoot for a slight increase in volume or frequency, or just leave it be?)

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by evanisaac View Post
    thanks. Yea, in hindsight I guess I coulda used a preexisting PPL and just subtracted L. But that's sort of where I end up now anyway.

Being that I'm not doing legs, do you think I should step up frequency and/or volume, or just do the exact routine as if i were doing legs? (caveat: obviously I'll "listen to my body" etc. but in general should I shoot for a slight increase in volume or frequency, or just leave it be?)
    Depends a lot on your recovery ability, but as an intermediate lifter myself I'd shoot for Push/Pull/Rest/Push/Pull/Rest/Rest
    Experience, not just theory