akiracarter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Low Calorie is TOO low?

Currently eating around 1500kcal (bodyweight 145lb, 12% bf, 17 years old)
    My strength levels have dropped quite significantly in higher rep ranges (lowered glycogen storage, i'm guessing), and very low power ranges, but not so much in the 6-8 rep range. I workout 4 times a week, and 4X45minutes cardio throughout the week. that leaves me with around a net caloric intake of 1000 - Is this too low?

(ATG Back Squat 10 reps down from 220lb to 185lb, Bench 10 reps from 185 to 160, and most significantly - Power Cleans triples from 200lb to 165)

Ive been cutting for four weeks, have dropped 12lbs. I don't buy the whole 'muscle wasting' on a permanent level directly from lack of calories - anyone with any knowledge in human physiology should know that already syntehsized proteins are NOT going to be broken down - only temporarily 'deflated'.

But having said that, prolonged lack of strength = lessened muscle stimulation = possibilty of permnant losses. I'm 7 weeks out from my contest - thoughts?

JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by akiracarter View Post
    Currently eating around 1500kcal (bodyweight 145lb, 12% bf, 17 years old)
    My strength levels have dropped quite significantly in higher rep ranges (lowered glycogen storage, i'm guessing), and very low power ranges, but not so much in the 6-8 rep range. I workout 4 times a week, and 4X45minutes cardio throughout the week. that leaves me with around a net caloric intake of 1000 - Is this too low?

(ATG Back Squat 10 reps down from 220lb to 185lb, Bench 10 reps from 185 to 160, and most significantly - Power Cleans triples from 200lb to 165)

Ive been cutting for four weeks, have dropped 12lbs. I don't buy the whole 'muscle wasting' on a permanent level directly from lack of calories - anyone with any knowledge in human physiology should know that already syntehsized proteins are NOT going to be broken down - only temporarily 'deflated'.

But having said that, prolonged lack of strength = lessened muscle stimulation = possibilty of permnant losses. I'm 7 weeks out from my contest - thoughts?
    So you're saying you don't believe in muscle catabolism through reduced caloric intake? Please define "deflated" proteins.
    For online training inquiries or to get your Official DC Training DVD, go to www.jasonwojo.com

True Protein Sponsored Athlete: For 5% off your next True Protein order use the discount code WOJO

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're 145lbs. why are you cutting?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com