eglesfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do I have jumpers knee? Pain below the knee above the shin

Walking is fine, no pain at all. Even a LIGHT jog doesn't hurt (gets tight around knee after a while though) but as soon as I try to run the pain gets worse and worse. Jumping is out of the question, I had taken the past 2 weeks off to let this heal and went to the court today and the first explosive jump I took at the rim I had serious pain under the knee. I stretched some before and warmed up by walking too.

I can't make explosive hard cuts or sprint without pain, and it's only in my left leg (my main jumping leg). I've added some size over the past couple of years so I'm sure that's playing a huge part in what my legs are holding up (went from about 210 to 240 lbs over the past few years). I'm not sure if it's because my leg muscles aren't strong enough from the time I took off?

The pain seems like it's just in one spot too, below the knee (at the top of the shin) on one spot maybe the size of a quarter if I touch it I feel pain but otherwise no pain in the knee itself or around it anywhere else. It's fine after taking time off like I said, only when running hard or jumping. Anyone know good workouts to get rid of this? I've been stretching everyday as I know that plays a huge part, anyone have any advice to speed up the recovery of this damn injury? I'm almost positive it's jumpers knee, but haven't seen a doctor yet.
    Last edited by eglesfan23; 04-04-2011 at 05:58 PM.

markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markymark321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eglesfan23 View Post
    Walking is fine, no pain at all. Even a LIGHT jog doesn't hurt (gets tight around knee after a while though) but as soon as I try to run the pain gets worse and worse. Jumping is out of the question, I had taken the past 2 weeks off to let this heal and went to the court today and the first explosive jump I took at the rim I had serious pain under the knee. I stretched some before and warmed up by walking too.

I can't make explosive hard cuts or sprint without pain, and it's only in my left leg (my main jumping leg). I've added some size over the past couple of years so I'm sure that's playing a huge part in what my legs are holding up (went from about 210 to 240 lbs over the past few years). I'm not sure if it's because my leg muscles aren't strong enough from the time I took off?

The pain seems like it's just in one spot too, below the knee (at the top of the shin) on one spot maybe the size of a quarter if I touch it I feel pain but otherwise no pain in the knee itself or around it anywhere else. It's fine after taking time off like I said, only when running hard or jumping. Anyone know good workouts to get rid of this? I've been stretching everyday as I know that plays a huge part, anyone have any advice to speed up the recovery of this damn injury? I'm almost positive it's jumpers knee, but haven't seen a doctor yet.
    You could have multiple things going on. For the region you describe, conditions such as Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Jumper's Knee, Infrapatellar bursitis come to into mind. However, this is only just a guess without actually seeing you.

How long have you had this problem? Do you think it is related to some new addition to your training such as heavier weights, new exercises, more jumping, did you fall on it?

I think you should get someone to look at your movement and posture to identify any weaknesses, tight muscles, overactive muscles, structural problems etc along your kinetic chain to find the source of your problem.

In the mean time, you can continue stretching out all the muscle in your leg, give it relative rest and ice.
    My website: http://www.posturedirect.com
    The sole purpose of creating PostureDirect.com is to help those who want to improve their posture. Come visit :)