Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

**EZ Curl Bar VS. Straight Bar**

Hello, I have personally never touched an EZ Curl Bar and am about to recieve one with a new weight set I am buying. I wanted to gather anyone and everyones preferences and experiences with the two types of bars commonly used for curling....The EZ Curl Bar and the Good old Straight Bar..............What do you all like better and why? Pro's Cons?

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally use the EZ curl bar because it's easier on my wrists. I used to alternate each week, however there came a point where the straight bar just hurt my wrist a lot. Anyway, I only use the EZ bar now (and dumbbells).
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Negative1one View Post
    Hello, I have personally never touched an EZ Curl Bar and am about to recieve one with a new weight set I am buying. I wanted to gather anyone and everyones preferences and experiences with the two types of bars commonly used for curling....The EZ Curl Bar and the Good old Straight Bar..............What do you all like better and why? Pro's Cons?
    If the straight bar doesn't bug your wrists I would say keep using that. I can never find a comfortable grip on a straight bar so if I'm curling I generally use the EZ bar.

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I prefer the straight bar. I find myself getting a better squeeze in my biceps. Some people have elbow/wrist trouble when using a straight bar though.

ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebn2002 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read that genetics play a role in whether or not the straight bar is comfortable or not.

I rotate and feel like the straight bar works better for me.

Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inspira is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use the EZ bar too.....doesnt hurt your wrists so u can focus more on the form without any injury worries besides its perfect for overhead tricep press too

EAT BIG LIFT BIG GET BIG mistabigstuff19's Avatar
    mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mistabigstuff19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I alternate between both I like the hand positioning on the EZ bar and I feel like by eliminating some of the stress on my wrist/elbows I am able to focus more on the exercise and contraction of the bicep. On the other hand nothing hits my bi's harder and nothing gives them that huge pump like the oly bb.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mistabigstuff19 View Post
    I alternate between both I like the hand positioning on the EZ bar and I feel like by eliminating some of the stress on my wrist/elbows I am able to focus more on the exercise and contraction of the bicep. On the other hand nothing hits my bi's harder and nothing gives them that huge pump like the oly bb.
    I feel the same way. Both are great exercises.

Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Negative1one has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great guys! I apprecaite all your inputs. I have been stuck one the straight bar since I took a couple of weight training classes in highschool. The gym teacher swore by the straight bar for bicep curls, saying "the straight bar isolates and hits the biceps better." I have trusted that doctrine for years and have gotten my results from it. I had wrist troubles once in a while with the straight bar but seem to have adusted to it by now. We'll see maybe I'll get daring and try out the EZ curl when I get it.....I don't know though seems a little agianst my religion! =) haha.