Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PacificStrength View Post
    There are some slight rust issues, but I guess that's normal if you live relatively near the ocean. Plus, the guide rod appears to have what the industry calls "natural finish," so it is prone to rusting if not properly protected. Other than that, I agree the GHR is one solid and heavy piece of equipment. Interestingly, photos and videos of it make it appear smaller than it really is. I believe it is longer than what is stated on the Elitefts website.

I think the footplate on the Deluxe model would not be as secure as the Collegiate given that the top heavy footplate on the Deluxe is anchored only by the adjustment member. Anyway, nice gym.
    Ah, well that makes sense. I definitely know what you mean by the "natural finish" on it; there's certainly an unfinished look to it. When it was originally delivered, I also had that thought as it is larger in person. Yes, I've no doubt the Collegiate is more secure than the Deluxe, but after seeing how much of a tank the Collegiate is I am sure the Deluxe would cover my needs. If someone is on the fence and is worried about funds, I just point that out is all. Thanks!

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

New pics

So, here are the pictures and small initial comments. I will be following up with much more in depth as I pretty much just got most of these things. Enjoy...

New Sorinex Base Camp rack. My logos, half rack addon are not here yet. Monkey chin isn't up yet and I'm going to order the Nebula indexing chin. I wanted a standard pullup bar in the front of the rack as that's what I'll be tested against. They pretty much sent me a free removable 2" fat bar in the mean time. I pretty much have most accessories on it, I need to order the 4" rack balls as the 3" surprisingly feel small in the hands IMO. Love this rack...4 sided holes are pretty awesome, but it's just another built like a tank machine. The Hogline is pretty awesome, it really does burn you out. They use two different ropes as one can get a bit dirty. There is a braided rope and a laid rope in a sheath. I'll be following up on which I prefer as they gave me both to test. I love their easy safety spot system, it's so easy to adjust and really is just one handed. Storage is great, finding places to put things is not really a problem either. I can move my utility pins within seconds to wherever I want and got a bunch extra as well.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome pics, awesome rack, awesome equipment, awesome rack attachments.

What all can be done with these?
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should have gotten some plastic 1"wasers to protect the powder coating where you mount your pins and hogline wheels....give the Sorinex guys a call about that. I was short some hitch pins with my original order etc.
    Last edited by RBLOCK; 04-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.

So, this is what I've dubbed the posterior chain section of my gym. These are just limited impressions so expect more later.

EliteFTS Collegiate GHD, Sorinex calf/tibia machine and the PitShark. The two new editions being the latter. I have to say...I absolutely love both of these machines! The calf/tibia is very well designed! I haven't used a calf machine since I stopped going to my school gym and commercial gyms. I would train calves, but it'd mostly through doing other exercises, running, some barbell/DB work...but no direct machine work. Strong calves are very important to me for all the activities I do. I've missed it because I liked those machines, I liked the burn I got from them and they do work. It's been praised on this forum by a few people and that's mainly why I went out and got it...and they were right, this machine is spot on. The ergonomics on it are great, you can go right into tib after seated raises or whatever you want. No need for a second machine and those tibia machines can be pretty expensive. If you're on the fence for this, don't be - get it.

PitShark is equally as awesome...the reason I didn't get the full version is, I can just walk over to my power rack, set up and do weighted dips. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I think I will get the dip bars because I don't have my ideal dip station. This machine feels great once you get accustomed to it. It's very smooth, everything is high quality and heavy duty. The included belt is made by Spud which I've become a fan of after having multiple accessories by them. It's really comfy and feels good, slides right into place when the weight is on. The adjustment "fin" is nice...4 holes to switch it up and add some variation. I put the extra wide deck on mine so you can go as wide as you want, which is nice. The deck weighs a ton. The ability to load it incrementally on one side and then the other is nice. It can be loaded with a ton of bands and plates so...you can really go all out on it. The movement itself is just great though, it's smooth and it really just fries my quads. It feels really nice...I did some limited testing with belt squats with a belt, no machine and it was alright. This is an entirely different level. It just feels damn good. I'll write some more once I've more time on it. I've been doing some standing calf raises on it and it definitely works well for that too! I'm still experimenting with that and will again be writing about that and some rowing work on it later. As noted previously, a GREAT feature on this is it automatically un-spots the weight for you when you start the movement.

Also added a bunch of smaller stuff as well...still waiting on an Ivanko bar, TPB, stuff from EFS, making some pinch plates, etc...

So, I added Ivanko plates to my gym because I needed more weight. Love these plates and think I'm just going to stick with Ivanko from now on, get rid of my other ones. I guess I've gone to the dark side. I picked up a BodyMasters preacher bench as it's the best one, IMO. It's in almost mint condition. I didn't buy the bar, my brother bought a Hampton bar...which I sort of like, but not sure yet. It's nice, but think I'm going to buy an Ivanko bar. I added a C2 Model E rower which I love now. I tried it out at uni and wanted one, it's great. I've never been into rowing but this is quite a workout and it's really fun. I can just hop off it and hit my Airdyne. You honestly can't go wrong with either one + Cybex Arc trainer....I desire nothing else. These are just the best. I got the 2.25 inch Grapple Grips - damn, they are great. Pretty much use them anywhere...on the rack for pullups, on the cable machines, for use with KBs or bars...I'm huge into grip training now and they are just great. I got a Rogue medicine/slam ball and it's heavy duty - it's going to last me a long time. I need some more KBs, but I'm really impressed with this one from Rogue. Great texture and good grip, looks good and feels good. Rogue FIG rings feel much better than the generic plastic rings IMO - I'd highly recommend them. I'll be getting a second pair for downstairs. I got a Sorinex "home base" landmine because I realized I don't really like the ones on the racks. I think this is much better, better mobility and portability and it definitely isn't moving anywhere.

Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Awesome pics, awesome rack, awesome equipment, awesome rack attachments.

What all can be done with these?
    Pretty much whatever you want, they offer 4 different diameters as well. I originally saw these types here: http://www.gymequipment.uk.com/store...g_Handles.html

The shipping is ridiculous to the US though and it's per handle IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3UA...ayer_embedded#!

These are the same things essentially. http://www.grapplegrip.com/
    I'm just really big into grip training so I try and throw them in whenever I can along with fat bar work. I haven't tried them on sled drags yet or anything with my Prowler, but I will in a few weeks.

You can pair them with anything...really, put them on a rack for pullups, hook them up to a KB or barbell, cable machine, resistance cables...you can really do a lot. I haven't tried them on sled drags yet or anything with my Prowler, but I will in a few weeks. There's a lot of neat exercises found on Youtube for them that are good too.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mroc17 View Post
    Pretty much whatever you want, they offer 4 different diameters as well. I originally saw these types here: http://www.gymequipment.uk.com/store...g_Handles.html

The shipping is ridiculous to the US though and it's per handle IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3UA...ayer_embedded#!

These are the same things essentially. http://www.grapplegrip.com/
    I'm just really big into grip training so I try and throw them in whenever I can along with fat bar work. I haven't tried them on sled drags yet or anything with my Prowler, but I will in a few weeks.

You can pair them with anything...really, put them on a rack for pullups, hook them up to a KB or barbell, cable machine, resistance cables...you can really do a lot. I haven't tried them on sled drags yet or anything with my Prowler, but I will in a few weeks. There's a lot of neat exercises found on Youtube for them that are good too.
    Rogue and Sorinex both carry them as well.

http://www.roguefitness.com/grandfat...ystem-2762.php
    http://store.sorinex.com/Sorinex_Mig...s_p/mmfp-1.htm
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Great looking gym you have. The power rack looks great, how do you find the safeties on it?
    You mean the strap safeties? I love them, super easy to adjust and allow me a full range of motion. I can adjust either side fast and easily for any exercise. I can put the bar on them and load it on them for certain movements as well. I think they're rated at like 10,000 per strap or something, not sure. I much prefer them to regular crash bars. I haven't used those much yet...except for dips, but I'm probably going to get something else for dips. It's nice to be able to touch your chest and know if you drop it, it's not gonna crush you. Must have IMO.

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like a Boss OP..... who did the whole house frame?
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    Yeah, true. I don't think those handles freely rotate with a type of bearing on the inside though. It's a nice touch, not needed but preferable for me. Biggest pro = Sorinex ones are quite inexpensive. These are also larger than 2".

Originally Posted by CarlitosBX View Post
    Like a Boss OP..... who did the whole house frame?
    Well, at first we had a contractor who previously did work for my father with good results. He essentially did the first floor, got a bit started on the second and then bailed. He pretty much left us high and dry, turned out to be a real scumbag. Keep in mind, it was mostly my brother and I putting in the work because he hired out idiot kids as his helpers. It was a blessing in disguise, but we still heckle my dad about it. He really screwed us in the dead of winter too. We still had all the supplies, drawings, etc....so we got to it with the help of a friend who is also a contractor who was occupied when we originally started. He had some guys occasionally, but it was mostly us three and his helper. We hammered it out eventually, did all the work on the inside. I had nothing to do with the siding or roof shingling though, that was all contracted out. I learned a bunch of stuff, but realized there are a lot of shady contractors out there...plenty of the people we've had work here claim they'll be on the job in person, but they usually just send random people and **** never got done on time or to spec. It was a lot of bull****, but it got done right.

TPB here

Buddy Capps TPB arrived today. It's f'ing awesome, I really love this bar already. The knurling is really aggressive, but I love it...it's perfect. Looks good too. It took just under 4 weeks to arrive.

Here's some pics

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Well, at first we had a contractor who previously did work for my father with good results. He essentially did the first floor, got a bit started on the second and then bailed. He pretty much left us high and dry, turned out to be a real scumbag. Keep in mind, it was mostly my brother and I putting in the work because he hired out idiot kids as his helpers. It was a blessing in disguise, but we still heckle my dad about it. He really screwed us in the dead of winter too. We still had all the supplies, drawings, etc....so we got to it with the help of a friend who is also a contractor who was occupied when we originally started. He had some guys occasionally, but it was mostly us three and his helper. We hammered it out eventually, did all the work on the inside. I had nothing to do with the siding or roof shingling though, that was all contracted out. I learned a bunch of stuff, but realized there are a lot of shady contractors out there...plenty of the people we've had work here claim they'll be on the job in person, but they usually just send random people and **** never got done on time or to spec. It was a lot of bull****, but it got done right.
    Is never suprising to end up seeing who we though was our friend being nothing but a low garbage. Seems like the guy must have envy you guys. Is your father a military vet? I think I read somewhere in this thread your father is retired I am not sure. I been wanting to get in to lumber as I see a lot of crazy things you can do, any tips? Including when it comes to a project like yours without having to bother relying on others. How experienced are you when it comes to lumber? Overall you guys did an awesome job!
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

puddingbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome!

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how do you like that sorinex scorpion? looks interesting i still need to google some videos of how it works. i also like that calf/tibia machine. the videos for it look pretty decent.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Registered User TheStiffmeister's Avatar
    TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000) TheStiffmeister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mroc17 View Post
    Hey guys...sorry for the lack of updates. I've really wanted to put them on here for you guys, but I've been cross country and really busy so haven't been able to upload the pictures. However, for the most part....everything is there and installed. I have a ton of new pictures and gear to show you guys and I plan on reviewing nearly all of the stuff - not sure if anyone cares for them, but I hope so. I'm pretty happy with the gym, to be honest...it's turned out pretty great. There is still stuff missing, but doesn't really matter. Tomorrow will be a big update with a lot of pictures and me talking about equipment, but for now...just a little teaser of some of the new gear.

What type of lights are you using? How many watts? Are they hard on your eyes at all? Place looks very well lit and clean. Trying to get some ideas for my gym at home, having lighting issues.
    Godhand502 = the man!

Blender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Would you have the instructions to the Scorpion bench?

Originally Posted by RBLOCK View Post
    Freakin sweet. I especially love that scorpion bench; it's the type of crazy far out equipment that speaks to me.
    8/14/2020, ten years after your post!!! - Hello, I'm writing to see if you could possibly send me a photo/pdf of the manual for, or links to demo videos about, your Sorinex Scorpion physio ball glute/ham developer, which has been long discontinued, and even the Sorinex company itself has no information and its YouTube channel was presumably created after it discontinued the Scorpion. So far I can find only one brief video demo online (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFUjl2A9RVM) which only shows the glute/ham development aspect but not the other multiple uses. I have several underlying health issues so I'm averse to using my new acquisition without being properly educated on its use, so if you have any information you can send me that'd be great, thanks!