cas_21488 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with a knee brace??

A few months ago in a rugby scrimmage I completely tore my MCL, and had a slight meniscus tear to go along with it. Back in February I was cleared to resume sports and lifting heavy again with my legs. I knew when I could play sports I would have to wear a brace, but I was told I had to wear one when I worked out on leg day too. I was just wondering if it would be alright to stop wearing it because doesn't it defeat the purpose of strengthing my legs?? Thanks .

ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cas_21488 View Post
    A few months ago in a rugby scrimmage I completely tore my MCL, and had a slight meniscus tear to go along with it. Back in February I was cleared to resume sports and lifting heavy again with my legs. I knew when I could play sports I would have to wear a brace, but I was told I had to wear one when I worked out on leg day too. I was just wondering if it would be alright to stop wearing it because doesn't it defeat the purpose of strengthing my legs?? Thanks .
    You have been told by medically qualified people to wear it during workouts. You should do just that.