Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Calories in a week = Yes. Protein in a week? (Interesting question)

Right, basically if we have a deficit of 3600 calories in a week, in theory, we should lose 1lb of WEIGHT.

Now, I don't know enough about the science of it all to answer my own question.

Protein required per day = 190g (say)

Could you turn that into a weekly amount and have different protein amounts each day? So for example, 250g protein one day then 60g LESS protein the next day?

I know the body doesn't just get rid of protein but would that work?

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Yutes View Post
    Right, basically if we have a deficit of 3600 calories in a week, in theory, we should lose 1lb of WEIGHT.

Now, I don't know enough about the science of it all to answer my own question.

Protein required per day = 190g (say)

Could you turn that into a weekly amount and have different protein amounts each day? So for example, 250g protein one day then 60g LESS protein the next day?

I know the body doesn't just get rid of protein but would that work?
    No, your body needs protein when it needs it. If not, it will not store it. Leading to protein synthesis not to occur.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On a cutting diet shoot for 1.5 times your body weight in protein actually. And you should try to get an equal amount not just everyday but about every 3 hours.

That's about 6 meals a day with 40 g of protein a meal.
    Great decisions lead to great results.

WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tblack1224 View Post
    On a cutting diet shoot for 1.5 times your body weight in protein actually. And you should try to get an equal amount not just everyday but about every 3 hours.

Why.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500) paylowsore is not very helpful. (-500)

lol

tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tblack1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    Why.
    Meals every 3 hours keeps your metabolism high and your body will use of all the nutrition from each of these meals quickly on a cutting diet leaving your body in need of protein.

Studies have shown that high amounts of protein on a cut diet promote muscle maintenance. 50/40/10 protein to carb to fat on a cutting diet is often recommended.

Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, your body needs protein when it needs it. If not, it will not store it. Leading to protein synthesis not to occur.
    This is exactly what I thought first but I tried to convince myself otherwise lol.

naa I don't buy the 6 meal, macro timings stuff.

And I can't get 1.5 times my bodyweight in protein lmao, I wouldn't be able to do it with the calories I'm on.

Meals every 3 hours keeps your metabolism high and your body will use of all the nutrition from each of these meals quickly on a cutting diet leaving your body in need of protein.

Studies have shown that high amounts of protein on a cut diet promote muscle maintenance. 50/40/10 protein to carb to fat on a cutting diet is often recommended.
    Yeah.. no. Meal timing/frequency does not matter. Also, high protein does promote muscle maintenance; however, so does high fat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17413096
    This study compares 1 meal/d to 3 meal/d. In the experiment, subjects who only consumed 1 meal/d saw a decrease in fat mass, and the hormone cortisol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8...ubmed_RVDocSum
    This shows no difference on the effects of 2 meals/d compared to 5 meals/d on DIT (diet induced- thermogenesis), BMR, and Energy Expenditure. Meaning, the 5 meals/d did not increase the metabolic rate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985
    This study shows there was no difference in weight loss between subjects with high/low meal frequencies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
    Evidence supports that meal frequency has nothing to do with energy in the subjects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319656
    Yet again, no difference in energy in the subjects compared to 2 meals/d to 6 meals/d.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17413096
    This study compares 1 meal/d to 3 meal/d. In the experiment, subjects who only consumed 1 meal/d saw a decrease in fat mass, and the hormone cortisol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8...ubmed_RVDocSum
    This shows no difference on the effects of 2 meals/d compared to 5 meals/d on DIT (diet induced- thermogenesis), BMR, and Energy Expenditure. Meaning, the 5 meals/d did not increase the metabolic rate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985
    This study shows there was no difference in weight loss between subjects with high/low meal frequencies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
    Evidence supports that meal frequency has nothing to do with energy in the subjects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319656
    Yet again, no difference in energy in the subjects compared to 2 meals/d to 6 meals/d.
    Did you get that from somewhere? I'm copy / pasting it into a notepad document for future use either way. I'm tired of rebutting the 6 meals a day garbage =P

Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    Did you get that from somewhere? I'm copy / pasting it into a notepad document for future use either way. I'm tired of rebutting the 6 meals a day garbage =P
    Lol, yeah. It was a thread I made in the nutrition section a while back. I just copy/paste it all the time now.

Yeah.. no. Meal timing/frequency does not matter. Also, high protein does promote muscle maintenance; however, so does high fat.
    You're saying that meal frequency doesn't matter on a cutting diet?

I agree with more healthy fats though.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol, yeah. It was a thread I made in the nutrition section a while back. I just copy/paste it all the time now.
    Good game. I'm going to work on compiling an xbox hueg word document that I can just ctrl + f and find things I can copy and paste about **** that gets asked here all the time.

I believe he just posted 5 peer reviewed scientific studies that kinda, y'know, implied that.

I agree with more healthy fats though.
    Yup.

Read the studies I posted, it does not matter.

Good game. I'm going to work on compiling an xbox hueg word document that I can just ctrl + f and find things I can copy and paste about **** that gets asked here all the time.
    Lol, I need to do that. It would save so much time.

I believe he just posted 5 peer reviewed scientific studies that kinda, y'know, implied that.
    I did and I'd agree if we are talking about an average person but eating two meals a day isn't going to maintain muscle.

I did and I'd agree if we are talking about an average person but eating two meals a day isn't going to maintain muscle.
    Why not?

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK YOU HAVE NO READING COMPREHENSION

Not one of his articles talked about how much muscle or strength was maintained.

THOSE ARE UNCITED SUPERSITE ARTICLES YOU FuCKING FUCK. HE POSTED PEER REVIEWED SCIENTIFIC STUDIES!
    Go to leangains.com, realize this myth was debunked in the 1990s, and realize that people have gotten big and strong eating 1-2 meals a day.

I see no science. If you eat 20 meals a day, or if you eat only 1, it will make no difference on weight loss.

Can someone explain to me why every bodybuilder in the world, natural or not, eats 5-8 meals a day?

Diets for a bodybuilder are a lot different than for a 250 lb girl who doesn't weight lift.

Not one of his articles talked about how much muscle or strength was maintained.
    ^ What Spiderman said. As long as you get the calories in, you are good.

Can someone explain to me why every bodybuilder in the world, natural or not, eats 5-8 meals a day?

Diets for a bodybuilder are a lot different than for a 250 lb girl who doesn't weight lift.
    ... Not every bodybuilder does. I can name three I have talked to and said it is stupid to eat that much. Alan, Layne, and Spud (not famous, yet still big).

Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    meal timing does matter, but not in the make it or break it kind of way many people claim.
    if having 6 meals a day keeps you feeling full while on your cut then it is a good idea, however if eating six small meals doesnt make you feel satisfied but eating three big meals makes you feel full all day then do that.

its mostly a mental thing.

every body acts differently to. maybe one person needs 6 small meals a day to give them proper energy

my main point is do what works for you.
    20kg=44lbs, 30kg=66lbs, 40kg=88lbs, 50kg=110lbs, 60kg=132lbs, 70kg=154lbs, 80kg=176lbs, 90kg=198lbs, 100kg=220, 110kg=242lbs, 120=264lbs, 130kg=286lbs

Promera Health Con Cret Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132214563&page=2

"Fitted Hat Crew"

Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robm612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

strong broscience
    "Winners never quit, quitters never win"

I'm just going to stick to my 6 meals a day since its worked for me and I'll let you guys stick to your 1-3 meals. If it works for you then I guess you're right.

You win.
    Best of luck.

Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000)

Meal frequency is a myth. Its all about calories
    I rep back +200✔

S: 465
    B: 325
    D: 545

Proud owner of a 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA 5.7L with T-Top, and digital dash.

Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm just going to stick to my 6 meals a day since its worked for me and I'll let you guys stick to your 1-3 meals. If it works for you then I guess you're right.

You win.
    Best of luck.
    the best diet plan is the one that works for you. there is no right an wrong way to do anything in bodybuilding. it is all about personal preference, experience, and what works for you.
    100 meals a day is best if that works for you
    1 meal a day is best if that works for you
    /thread
    20kg=44lbs, 30kg=66lbs, 40kg=88lbs, 50kg=110lbs, 60kg=132lbs, 70kg=154lbs, 80kg=176lbs, 90kg=198lbs, 100kg=220, 110kg=242lbs, 120=264lbs, 130kg=286lbs

Promera Health Con Cret Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132214563&page=2

"Fitted Hat Crew"