buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100)

Benefits of pyramids?

A trainer told me pyramidization is going to benefit a cut cycle as well as a 20-30 rep de-load after each set. I do like the idea for chest, back and legs but I for shoulders and arms I find I get too much of a pump going. Just curious what the real benefit of a pyramid such as 15/10/5 is?

buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100)
    no one has any clue?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    The "trainer" is the guy with no clue. During a "cut," it's not the routine that changes, only the calorie intake. If you start doing 20-30 reps sets while on a calorie deficit, or even just start lifting lighter weight in general, you'll lose a much higher % of your previously-gained muscle mass than if you simply stayed on the same routine you used to build muscle.

If you're asking about pyramids in general, and not relative to cutting, that's an entirely different subject.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    The "trainer" is the guy with no clue. During a "cut," it's not the routine that changes, only the calorie intake. If you start doing 20-30 reps sets while on a calorie deficit, or even just start lifting lighter weight in general, you'll lose a much higher % of your previously-gained muscle mass than if you simply stayed on the same routine you used to build muscle.

If you're asking about pyramids in general, and not relative to cutting, that's an entirely different subject.
    Well no **** it's the diet that changes. For whatever reason he said I may benefit more from a pyramid style routine while cutting than your typical 8-12 rep range. What are the general benefits of pyramidization guru of the weights?

themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buykrux View Post
    Well no **** it's the diet that changes. For whatever reason he said I may benefit more from a pyramid style routine while cutting than your typical 8-12 rep range. What are the general benefits of pyramidization guru of the weights?
    i dont know too much about pyramids but im pretty sure 15/10/5 is ramping not pyramids. pyramids would involve increasing the reps again after your set of 5. for me pyramids don't really seem to be that useful except for increasing the volume of an exercise, ramping however is a great progression scheme especially if you are training for strength purposes
    "The journey to a place worth getting to is never easy but pain is only temporary, victory is forever" - Jeremy H.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vince Lombardi

Originally Posted by themilkybarkid View Post
    i dont know too much about pyramids but im pretty sure 15/10/5 is ramping not pyramids. pyramids would involve increasing the reps again after your set of 5. for me pyramids don't really seem to be that useful except for increasing the volume of an exercise, ramping however is a great progression scheme especially if you are training for strength purposes
    your argument is invalid bro. Contradictory as fuk. Increasing the reps after my set of 5 reps would be a reverse pyramid...

Answer:
    "You can combine the positive factors of higher reps vs. lower reps and get the best of both worlds! Strength, mass, endurance, you name it. Pyramid training is without a doubt an advantageous way of training if you love gaining strength/mass."

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buykrux View Post
    your argument is invalid bro. Contradictory as fuk. Increasing the reps after my set of 5 reps would be a reverse pyramid...
    ^Exactly. 15/10/5 is indeed a pyramid as long as you are upping the weight on each. Hence - 'pyramid' because you pyramid the weight up. To answer OP's question regarding benefits..I find one major benefit is that you don't need as many warm up sets if you pyramid. Now on a cut you don't really want to lift light with super high reps but a pyramid can & does work on both cut & bulk.

jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jvallstar36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seriously dude? The answer is no one wants to help you. people trying their best to help you and you calling them out and saying their idiots. GTFO this site you dont belong.