sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how does this look like for a bulking diet?

i weigh around 157 pounds, with about 13%bodyfat and a height of 5'7''

im trying to put on some muscle mass, yet i want my bf% to decrease.

my goals are to stay the same weight, or lose a few pounds, increase muscle muscle mass, yet decrease bf% to around 9-10%

how does this diet look? and will sticking to this diet get me to my goals?

Breakfast:
    1 cup strawberry yogurt or
    Fruit (banana/apple) : 170cals, 1.5g fat, 33g carb, 5g protein (yogurt)/ 120 cals, 0g fat, 31g carb, 1g protein (banana)
    ¾ cup oatmeal
    190 cals 2g fat, 40g carb, 6.5g, protein
    1 cup low fat milk
    120 cals, 3g fat, 14g carb, 9g protein
    1 scoop whey with water
    120 cals, 2g fat, 20g protein
    ------------Totals: 600 cals, 8.5g fat, 87g carb, 40.5g protein
    Lunch (pre workout):
    1/2 cup rice
    150 cals, 1g fat, 30g carb, 3g prot-chicken or meat
    Beef fing. 250 cals, 18g fat, 14g carb, 8g prot
    -vegetables
    ------------Totals: 400 cals, 19g fat, 44g carb, 11g prot

Post workout:
    2 scoops whey
    240 cals, 4.5g fat, 40g protein
    1 banana
    120 cals, 0g fat, 31g carb, 1g protein
    1 cup low fat milk
    120 cals, 3g fat, 14g carb, 9g protein
    ------------Totals: 480 cals, 7.5g fat, 45g carb, 50g protein
    Snack:
    1 can tuna
    290 cals, 12 g fat, 43g protein
    Almonds (12 pieces)
    80 cals, 7g fat, 3g carb, 3g prot
    1 tbsn mayo
    60 cals, 5g fat, 4g carb
    -----------Totals: 430 cals, 24g fat, 7g carb, 46g protein
    Dinner:
    2 chicken breast
    260 cals, 2g fat, 0g carb, 54g prot
    Wheat bread (2 slices)
    260 cals, 4g fat, 50g carb, 9g prot
    -----------Total: 520 cals, 8g fat, 50g carb, 63g prot
    ========Max Totals: 2430 cals, 67g fat, 233g carb, 210.5g protein

Thanks!

YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your calories look too low (for a bulk), have you read the stickies?

Total macros for the day look ok, although protein looks unnecessarily high. It need only be at 1-1.5g per lb of LBM (lean body mass). You could drop some and add more carbohydrates for increased energy.

Ideally, you should be eating food post-workout, rather than the shake. Whole foods generally have a better micronutrient profile, are more satiating and nutritious.
    fluglotse

sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sablan02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by YeomenKek View Post
    Your calories look too low (for a bulk), have you read the stickies?

Total macros for the day look ok, although protein looks unnecessarily high. It need only be at 1-1.5g per lb of LBM (lean body mass). You could drop some and add more carbohydrates for increased energy.

Ideally, you should be eating food post-workout, rather than the shake. Whole foods generally have a better micronutrient profile, are more satiating and nutritious.
    ok..yea i thought that my calories were too low, maybe bump up to 3k? what can i add to the diet to increase cals and carbs though? maybe fruits like bananas or apples?

btw, if i kept this diet, how will my body change in terms of weight and bodyfat?

lets say i worked out 3 times a week on a strength training program, with cardio about 1-2x a week (maybe crossfit workouts or some low intense running for 15-20 min)..would i drop weight yet keep muscle, or most likely gain muscle? cus i know the cals i posted above are maintenance, or a little above it.

thanks!

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sablan02 View Post
    btw, if i kept this diet, how will my body change in terms of weight and bodyfat?

thanks!
    Try it and see! =)

Excess calories will cause weight gain. If you lift HEAVY with good intensity, and you eat with the right macronutrients, you will hopefully gain lean mass and you will likely gain small amounts of bodyfat, that you shouldn't concern yourself with at this point.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ok..yea i thought that my calories were too low, maybe bump up to 3k? what can i add to the diet to increase cals and carbs though? maybe fruits like bananas or apples?

lets say i worked out 3 times a week on a strength training program, with cardio about 1-2x a week (maybe crossfit workouts or some low intense running for 15-20 min)..would i drop weight yet keep muscle, or most likely gain muscle? cus i know the cals i posted above are maintenance, or a little above it.

thanks!
    Losing weight/gaining weight will be entirely dependent on your calorie intake. If you are in a deficit for the most part, expect weight loss, and vice-versa - timing of your calories/nutrients will yield minimal impact.

3k calorie sounds a bit too much for bulking - have you read the stickies? A 20% increase from maintenance should be more than enough. The carbs can come from whatever foods you wish - cereal, bread, rice, yogurt, ice cream, etc. it's fine.
    fluglotse

Losing weight/gaining weight will be entirely dependent on your calorie intake. If you are in a deficit for the most part, expect weight loss, and vice-versa - timing of your calories/nutrients will yield minimal impact.

3k calorie sounds a bit too much for bulking - have you read the stickies? A 20% increase from maintenance should be more than enough. The carbs can come from whatever foods you wish - cereal, bread, rice, yogurt, ice cream, etc. it's fine.
    yes ive read the stickies. What if i were to eat maintenance, but change up the macros to lets say, 70g fat, 200g prot, and 250g carbs?

will i stay the same weight but lose bodyfat, while gaiing muscle mass?

the way i see it is if you eat 3-5 hundred above maintenance, you will gain muslce as well as little fat while gaining weight. If you eat 3-5 hundred below maintenance, you will lose fat while gain little muscle, and still drop in weight. So will eating maintenance even both out? to the point where you will losing fat, yet gaining mucle and staying the same weight.

is this how it works?

thanks again!

yes ive read the stickies. What if i were to eat maintenance, but change up the macros to lets say, 70g fat, 200g prot, and 250g carbs?

will i stay the same weight but lose bodyfat, while gaiing muscle mass?

the way i see it is if you eat 3-5 hundred above maintenance, you will gain muslce as well as little fat while gaining weight. If you eat 3-5 hundred below maintenance, you will lose fat while gain little muscle, and still drop in weight. So will eating maintenance even both out? to the point where you will losing fat, yet gaining mucle and staying the same weight.

is this how it works?

thanks again!
    What you're describing is a recomp. It can be argued that a simple bulk/cut cycle (surplus/deficit) will achieve better results in the same time frame without the hardship of nutrient timing and watching your calorie intake to a T.

If you're a beginner, I'd suggest doing the surplus. Your body will more than likely use the excess calories for new muscle tissue due to the sudden introduction of resistance training. Fat gain is expected to be minimal if at all. I'd take full advantage of newbie gains - while your body fat percentage is relatively low - and bulk.
    fluglotse

What you're describing is a recomp. It can be argued that a simple bulk/cut cycle (surplus/deficit) will achieve better results in the same time frame without the hardship of nutrient timing and watching your calorie intake to a T.

If you're a beginner, I'd suggest doing the surplus. Your body will more than likely use the excess calories for new muscle tissue due to the sudden introduction of resistance training. Fat gain is expected to be minimal if at all. I'd take full advantage of newbie gains - while your body fat percentage is relatively low - and bulk.

actually ive been training for a while now, consistently for the past 5-6 months, on and off for about 2 years, and ive come a long way since high school (4 years ago), where i weighed 125 pounds by the end of senior year, to hitting the gym for the first time and benching 95 pounds and squatting 115 pounds....to now where i have a max bench of 245, squatting 265x3, and deadlifting 305x6.

i just feel like i plateu'd around the mid 150s. I never had proper nutrition, all i kept telling myself was to eat eat eat and get my proteins in. Macros were probably all over the place (maybe like 130f/175p/200c).

It is now where i want to make every day at the gym worth it, and it is now that i am putting more time into nutrition to see if i can reach my goals. The way i see it now is consistency in the kitchen, intensity in the gym, and like a baby in the bed.

i just dont want to be taking in the wrong "consistency" in the kitchen and end up going the wrong way.

so to rephrase, for my goal, i would like to drop to atleast 150, and drop to atleast 9-10% bf, yet have a bigger build then i have. the reason i have this goal is i noticed there are guys who are the same height as me yet weigh in the 140s and look way bigger then i do. I think it's because of their low bodyfat, and high lbm.

^ I'd stick to the basic principles - if you want to be 150 lbs at 8-9% with more muscle mass, bulk to get that mass and then cut it back down. I honestly think if you spend the next 8 week 'recomping' to achieve what you're describing, you'll have made very little progress than say bulking for 4 weeks and cutting for 4 weeks.
    fluglotse