Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder tendonitis

Doctor said to take 6 weeks off no lifting.. im taking a week off from all upperbody movements and seeing how it feels then. 6 weeks off seems like a BIT much and im prolly gonna end up watching by body atrophy away.. how much muscle loss will occur in 6 weeks? and how many people have had shoulder tendonitis and how did you treat it?

Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rzyz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rzyz View Post
    Doctor said to take 6 weeks off no lifting.. im taking a week off from all upperbody movements and seeing how it feels then. 6 weeks off seems like a BIT much and im prolly gonna end up watching by body atrophy away.. how much muscle loss will occur in 6 weeks? and how many people have had shoulder tendonitis and how did you treat it?
    I had some shoulder tendon issues a week before Easter this past year. I worked around it and made it worse. I did legs and back along with arms and laid off chest and shoulder workouts. It slowly got better then it would flair up again. I took over the counter anti-inflamatories. Slowly I worked out with light bands. After a couple of months I went back to very light db laterals. It took several months to regain most of my strength in the injured shoulder. I now really don't notice it much so it did finally heal. I took extra glutamine and upped my B vitamins along with extra C. I didn't really lose any body weight nor did I lose any size in my shoulder, in fact my injured shoulder is a little bigger than the other. Go figure? Maybe the injury caused my shoulder to rebuild so it grew? Kinda odd, but it was a bitch to get over, glad it's behind me. I missed doing chest and shoulders. I did flatten out and lost muscle in my chest from not training hard but it has since returned, actually the gains are coming back faster than expected. Hope this helps. Best wishes. Injuries suck!

Originally Posted by Crush505 View Post
    I had some shoulder tendon issues a week before Easter this past year. I worked around it and made it worse. I did legs and back along with arms and laid off chest and shoulder workouts. It slowly got better then it would flair up again. I took over the counter anti-inflamatories. Slowly I worked out with light bands. After a couple of months I went back to very light db laterals. It took several months to regain most of my strength in the injured shoulder. I now really don't notice it much so it did finally heal. I took extra glutamine and upped my B vitamins along with extra C. I didn't really lose any body weight nor did I lose any size in my shoulder, in fact my injured shoulder is a little bigger than the other. Go figure? Maybe the injury caused my shoulder to rebuild so it grew? Kinda odd, but it was a bitch to get over, glad it's behind me. I missed doing chest and shoulders. I did flatten out and lost muscle in my chest from not training hard but it has since returned, actually the gains are coming back faster than expected. Hope this helps. Best wishes. Injuries suck!
    so you continued to do back, leg and arm work outs and it still healed? I have a full range of motion and such its just an ache that radiates from the bottom of my bicep to my forearm

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm still in shoulder PT and they've been working on my bicep tendonitis, stretching it out and actually freeing up some knots in it. That is doing much better and I feel the only thing that has helped me.

I'm back working out and finally able to work the chest. I did lose a little size, but my arms are fine since I was able to do some pull exercises all along.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    I'm still in shoulder PT and they've been working on my bicep tendonitis, stretching it out and actually freeing up some knots in it. That is doing much better and I feel the only thing that has helped me.

I'm back working out and finally able to work the chest. I did lose a little size, but my arms are fine since I was able to do some pull exercises all along.

BG
    this might sound kind of weird but my bicep muscle belly shortened from the tendonitis. I dont know if its inflamed and its pulling the bicep back but when i would flex my arms at 90degrees i could only put my pointer and middle finger in the gap, but now i can put 3 fingers in between.. has me freaked out a bit

M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10) M3Rachel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I took 4 weeks off work and training when I had tendinitis, instead of the 8 (yes, 8) weeks my doctor told me. Ended up tearing my rotator cuffs in BOTH arms, bad tendinitis, and they found bone spurs in my shoulders.

Needless to say, I had surgery on both shoulders and struggle 3 years later from both surgeries. I know it sucks not being able to train, but just take the time off. Rest, anti-inflammatory, ice. Don't irritate it, tendons are a PITA to fix. I'm now suffering with a torn Achilles tendon and it KILLS me not to be in the gym but NOT risking that. Hope this helps

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by M3Rachel View Post
    I took 4 weeks off work and training when I had tendinitis, instead of the 8 (yes, 8) weeks my doctor told me. Ended up tearing my rotator cuffs in BOTH arms, bad tendinitis, and they found bone spurs in my shoulders.

Needless to say, I had surgery on both shoulders and struggle 3 years later from both surgeries. I know it sucks not being able to train, but just take the time off. Rest, anti-inflammatory, ice. Don't irritate it, tendons are a PITA to fix. I'm now suffering with a torn Achilles tendon and it KILLS me not to be in the gym but NOT risking that. Hope this helps
    A bone spur can shred a RC or other muscle very easily especially with an impingement going on. I was told not to do any overhead exercises, which I've been good about since late August. I go back to the doctor this week and will see what he says about my progress.

Best of luck to you, injuries are the worst!

BG

this might sound kind of weird but my bicep muscle belly shortened from the tendonitis. I dont know if its inflamed and its pulling the bicep back but when i would flex my arms at 90degrees i could only put my pointer and middle finger in the gap, but now i can put 3 fingers in between.. has me freaked out a bit
    Mine was atrophied, not as severe as yours but has responded well to exercises and PT. You should get it evaluated. PT was my only hope since I can't do myself what they can do, ranging the arm and going to work on the tendon.

BG

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so you continued to do back, leg and arm work outs and it still healed? I have a full range of motion and such its just an ache that radiates from the bottom of my bicep to my forearm
    Yeah, I continued to work out legs and arms and back. Leg presses and leg extensions with leg curls were no problem. Squats were out because of the way you hold the bar. So many people hear shoulder they immediately think of RC. Mine was totally front tendon insurtion along with muscle tears. I forgot to mention that I did deep tissue massage and a wide variety of stretching. Since you went to the doc I presume he ruled out RC. I held off all shoulder rehab until I was pain free. That didn't mean that there was no discomfort. Some of the massage and stretching were a bitch to go through but I had complete mobility. Your doc knows best, I'm just sharing what I went through and how long it took to heal up. I kept my calories up and continued to take in my regular protein. I felt that nutrition helped me heal more completely. Every person is different and every injury is unique. Listen to your doctor and listen to your body. Do not use the internet to diagnose or treat anything! There are too many horror stories out there. Keep positive and let your body do it's thing.
    Cliffs;
    Listen to your doctor
    Let your body do it's thing
    Nutrition plays a role
    Stretching and massage
    Give it time!
    Be positive!

Best wishes!

ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColinOMalley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as protien is high and calories are kept at maintainence,you won't lose any degree of appreciable LBM.

Leg pressing is something you could do though,for GH release,which wil help with LBM retention.

Or you could overlook your dotor's advice,start lifting again and be stuck with a life long shoulder injury.Not the move to make,trust me,it's basically why I now have a grade 3 AC joint seperation.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ColinOMalley View Post
    Or you could overlook your dotor's advice,start lifting again and be stuck with a life long shoulder injury.Not the move to make,trust me,it's basically why I now have a grade 3 AC joint seperation.
    And why I face a shoulder replacement and am never able to lift heavy on pressing movements again.

See a trend?

powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Did you tried some Glucosamine/Chondroitin supps?
    Fitness Means Power!

robneriiiii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Update

Please let me know how your recovery went my doctor diagnosed me with shoulder tendonitis I haven't worked out at all for 30 days and it still feels a little tight, it feels better than before but I am really discouraged and want to get back doing heavy lifting again soon, how did your bicep tendinitis turned out

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to break the news but Rzyz was banned so I doubt he's seen your post 5 years later