signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If im Lifting do i need to take a supplement?

Ok, so I still need to lose some fat, so that is why i have not started taking weight gainer, or supplements. Ive hit a plateau with both, losing weight and building muscle. Im also VERY confused as to what type of protein powder or whatever you call them , to take. There seems to be hundreds maybe thousands of different products, and I dont know which one os right for me. Ive been lifting now for over a year as well as cardio to lose fat, and get my fat % down. I still cant see my stomach muscles, and still have some chest fat to lose. So should i be taking anything? Im pretty dedicated to my workouts and my diet. Thanks in advance. !

longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by signtist2004 View Post
    Ok, so I still need to lose some fat, so that is why i have not started taking weight gainer, or supplements. Ive hit a plateau with both, losing weight and building muscle. Im also VERY confused as to what type of protein powder or whatever you call them , to take. There seems to be hundreds maybe thousands of different products, and I dont know which one os right for me. Ive been lifting now for over a year as well as cardio to lose fat, and get my fat % down. I still cant see my stomach muscles, and still have some chest fat to lose. So should i be taking anything? Im pretty dedicated to my workouts and my diet. Thanks in advance. !
    If your trying to lose fat, my guess you don't need a weight gainer. Those are only useful for true hardgainers or someone that needs a 1k calories in an easy to drink shake.

Protein, look for what fits best into your diet. Just a few that I like: XF UP2.0 or whey (look at the ingredients and nutritional info, one is a whey and the other casein/whey with fats), Myofusion (cookies n' cream), Syntha-6 (any flavor, but I only buy it when I get it for really low prices)

You don't need or have to take anything as far as supplements. They can help but its best to get diet and training in the best order that you can and then add them in there for that last little piece to the puzzle. Your diet is the most important thing for losing weight. A fat burner could help with energy, focus, mood, appetite suppression, things along those lines. It won't just melt the fat away.

The protein powder you just use to hit your daily protein needs, say you only get 180 grams from food but you need 200 then you throw a shake in there somewhere.

knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100) knicks226 is not very well liked. (-100)
    this is what i would recommend for you....

pre-workout: supermax pump/white flood....if u want stim free try ultima(great product)
    intra-workout: intrabolic/sizeon(if u want creatine) NECESSITY-in my opinion
    post-workout: myofusion protein NECESSITY
    multivitamin: NOW ADAM or Source Naturals Life force multiple NECESSITY
    fish oil: controlled labs oximega is good...fish oil helps burn fat i think
    My name is Jason Marshall. Here is my stack:

Opti-Men
    Krea-Alkyln
    MTI Protein powder.

bigvic46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In order to see the "6 pack" it's all about body fat percentage, typically the 7-10% range is where your abs are popping, trying to avoid the words such as definition because your abs are always there it's just that the fat covers them up, however be careful with body fat % because if you dip too low you will begin burning the important fat around your organs which can lead to serious health problems, as for the protein...keep it simple at first, take a whey product after workout and a casein if you can afford it before bed, the combination will give you the results your looking for, and if you haven't already buy a body fat caliper to measure your body fat percentage. As for losing weight, you can either invest in a fat burner or just refine your diet to be low carb, high protein.

XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000) XxCashMoneyxX is just really nice. (+1000)
    working out and correct diet is the first thing that needs to be perfect before thinking of supplements..but supplements that attribute to a healthy lifestyle and will indirectly attribute to gains made are a good multi vitamin, fish oil or other EFA's. The protein you want is whey protein for post workout although there is research that shows adequate whole food consumption can take care of all protein needs. Protein powders are more convenient than whole food and that is why they are staples in almost everyones supplement arsenal. Also, protein powders like whey tend to be lower calorie, if that is something you were worried about. For you, it shouldnt be. If I were you i would figure out exactly what my macro nutrient needs are and adjust accordingly to meet your goals...protein, creatine, multis, fishoils, are quality products but are most effective when everything else is on point.

signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"you cannot continually burn fat and build muscle."

Originally Posted by seamusliftsalot View Post
    Id recommend that its prob time to change both your workout and your diet and specify your goal. Recomposition ability is limited...you cannot continually burn fat and build muscle. Pick one - cutting or bulking. Adjust dieat accordingly. Also to continue to progress or break through a plateau workout changes are required.
    IMO dont look to a supplement at this stage..learn your body and how it responds to certain workout and dieting techniques.
    Best of luck....
    Thanks guy. You made a good point, because for along time i was able to do both, and now i just cant do it. So i gotta do one or the other. I think im going to choose to bulk. Im so tired of cutting . I have a much better time lifting

mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) mindstoorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Isopure is an excellent whey protein mix that doesn't make you gain weight. My friend Scott used it and has dropped about 15 lbs and i used it for a while while cutting down body fat. it doesn't taste the best, but it works great. vanilla tastes ok and is good to mix with other drinks. dutch choc tastes decent on its own. hope this helps. start with 1 serving a day on top of what your eating now.

Amount per Serving
    Calories 210
    Calories from Fat 10
    Total Fat 1g
    Saturated Fat .5g
    Cholesterol 10mg
    Sodium 340mg
    Potassium 730mg
    Total Carbohydrates 0g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 50g