jh12gators has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile wal mart supplements

first of all, i am new to this forum, don't know if something has been previously posted on this topic or not. If so i would greatly appreciate some feedback. I am 27 years old and have always been active, normal physique. Let myself go for a while after college and have been back working out and eating much healthier for the last 15 months solid. I have recently been doing p90x (for 30 days) and have seen some results in strength, definition, etc. Only thing I have missed with p90x program is the bulk/strenght I was seeing recently, especially in my chest. Have always had ab's (even though at times was covered more with fat) but have seen more definition since doing p90x in this area than since high school.

to my topic. i am on a very tight budget and buy most of my supplements from wal mart.

protein - advanced whey protein by body fortress
    no stimulotor - super nos pump by body fortress
    glutamine - 100% pure glutamine powder
    **sometimes taking their protein shots, protein bars etc.

only thing i'm taking not from wal mart is jack3d

i've seen some good results, really bust my butt in the gym and eat moderately healthy. before the p90x program i was running 5-10 miles a week as well.

does anyone have any suggestions, previous experience, ideas that i can do to really pack on more muscle while trying to stay lean. i don't want to look like or be a body builder, just want that muscular/lean look you know. thanks in advance.

lastly, any information on hydroxycut would be helpful as well.

thanks again

lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcrate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wal-Mart supps are fine but you could probably get a better product at a similar price. You can lose the glutamine.
    Making gains with mallet finger...BRO

IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronTerminator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Drop the glutamine, it's worthless to supplement with it.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronTerminator View Post
    Drop the glutamine, it's worthless to supplement with it.

I disagree. Some very non applicable studies suggest it isn't worth using, but years of anecdotal evidence show that it does work. Prior to people posting these studies on BB.com, science has shown there to be some benefits from glutamine supplementation. Using just straight glutamine, whey, and creatine, I've personally seen some great results in the past.

And before I get flamed for saying these studies aren't applicable, I'll break down the 3 that are constantly posted...

If I remember correctly,

In the first one, they gave glutamine to people one time after they trained and looked at immediate protein synthesis compared to those who didn't take it, and there was no difference, so they concluded it doesn't build muscle.... REALLY? One serving after one workout(when we don't even know if it was a good workout) PROVES it doesn't work???

In the Second study, they take a few people and throw them into some different groups and give one glutamine and the other a placebo. In six weeks, the glutamine group gained a little more strength, but they called it insignificant.... Well we have no idea who was in these groups, how hard they worked, what their genetic potential and training experience are... If you have a a guy who has never lifted and has great genetic potential, and works hard, he's OBVIOUSLY going to make more progress without glutamine than a well trained guy with bad genetics on glutamine. And then when there is a difference, they call it "insignificant" Well aren't small differences what we're going for with supplements? They give us that little extra edge after we have diet and training in order. So if we see a 2% increase because of supplements, then they're helping us go above and beyond!

In the third study, they had two groups of experienced lifters. They gave one group a large serving of glutamine, and the other a placebo. They then all perform a few exercises. Both groups had about the same results. SO WHAT? First of all it's one serving, should we really expect immediate increase in strength!? And secondly we have no idea if there was an increase in strength because they're comparing DIFFERENT PEOPLE! Not the same person with and without glutamine. The subjects were not the exact same strengthwise before the study, so it makes absolutely no sense to assume that just because they are all "experienced" they are the same starting strength. I mean, seriously.... how does that even get published?

Yet these are the studies that PROVE glutamine is worthless...

proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) proxpilot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i used the protein from walmart before. wasn't too bad.
    Last edited by proxpilot; 04-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.

squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squatmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im using a form of tropinol that doesnt contain any caffiene called test a bol all natural product . It will help with packing on some muscle, but basically nothing will work unless you are eating right and taking in enough protein. In order for muscles to grow it takes protin and enough calories each day . I like and still use creatine as well , I use a clone of Size On and works great .
    Strongman/Powerlifter

Height - 5' 6"
    Weight - 237#

Squat , Squat and Squat , and when you are so sick of Squatting you wanna puke . Go puke and Squat some more.

placebo doesnt effect me or_yourlivingtodie's Avatar
    or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no really, drop the glutamine.

if you're diet is in order, and are getting enough protein, there is no need to supplement with extra glutamine
    goodbros, always and forever.

jh12gators has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies and please keep the information coming. i should have put this out there before. i'll tell you the prices and let me know if i can get a better supplement for what i'm doing.

jack3d - $25
    body fortress whey protein - $13 for 26 servings
    no2 - $10 for 90 pills
    glutamine - $10 for 40 servings
    hydroxycut - $15 bottle

If anyone has a cheap route to getting positive results please share. Just started on the hydroxycut so if anyone has any prior knowledge on this please share as well. Like previously stated, not trying to get huge, just add some muscle and get that Men's Health muscular/cut physique. thanks for those who've already posted.