fudokung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you really need a calorie surplus to gain muscle?

Well basically I have lost quite a bit of weight recently and right now my bmi is at 21 percent if not just a little bit lower. My abs have shown up a bit (i believe is due to the lost of fat during that weight loss period). Everyone also say that I am bony. I want some lean muscle. Do I really need that extra calories??

ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

The Region

ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThePinsir is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ForGreece View Post
    Yes
    Yes
    Work like a slave. Eat like a king. Sleep like a baby. Look like a GOD.

✪Saiyan ☾rew✪
    If I tell you "reps on recharge" and I forget, just remind me.

geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50) geanes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ThePinsir View Post
    Yes
    Yes

Edit: You'll see some gains at maintenance, you'll just see a lot better gains with a surplus.
    Last edited by geanes; 03-31-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, combo breaker. U *******s mad?
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmallTexan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes.
    --I Rep Back!!!--
    Lift hard, eat alot!

Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    maybe

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, mad. And yes.

ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000) ForGreece is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    No, combo breaker. U *******s mad?
    yes
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

The Region

thanks guys, but i mean is my bmi low enough that i should start bulking? Or is it that i am bony that means i am too thin?

Curls for teh gurlz. MajorMelon's Avatar
    MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well you DON'T need an excess of calories. But if you eat at maintenance, it will take wayyyyy longer.

Caloric surplus = Good gains

Maintenance calories = Slow gains
    RIP Az.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No.

Although it is much more efficient to gain muscle on a surplus.

The reason you can, is because you cal lose fat, and gain the same amount of muscle, staying at the same weight.

There is only so much muscle you can gain at a certain weight, and the more you approach that limit, the more your progress slows down.

But for all practical purposes, it is smartest to gain muscle on a surplus.

so i guess i have to change quite a lot of my old eating habits because I have been losing weight pretty consistently for the past 2-3 months.....

so i have to eat quite a bit more than i used to right??