Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I was in my late teens and early twenties I weighed around 107 and even then I did not have visible abs although I always trained them and even trained them with weights. As you can see I have a short and thick torso. I definitely think genetics has a lot to do with it. As others have pointed out, we all have different strengths and weaknesses that we were simply born with.

Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jpenn89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A set of abs is actually my ultimate goal (as long as the rest of me looks proportinal (Sp?)) But I know that even when I was at 20% BF I wasn't even close. I lost the weight EVERYWHERE else and still had stomach fat, which makes it hard to develop abs for me, even when I am working towards it.

It may be a while though, after having a baby It's going to be hard to get back to where I was, let alone progress.

JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I lose my menstrual typically around 6-10 weeks pre-contest and get it back usually 4-5 weeks post contest. I don't try to maintain unusually low bf during offseason since I use that time to eat in a fairly large surplus to gain size and make improvements. I haven't experienced any other health issues, and have not had any problems getting pregnant. I've conceived 2 kids without trying.
    Interesting, I had my last period 9 weeks out, I'm now 3 weeks out, it's my first comp, I was starting to worry but I guess it's normal and will come back when my BF goes back up. Oh and for the record my abs are not completely through yet :/

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I'm disappointed to see the old muscularity = masculinity in this section. If that were true it would make most men feminine by default as muscular men are not the norm.

Personally, I have genetically shallow abs, and I train them with weight to try to thicken them and make them pop more, as even when contest lean they're not great. On the other hand, I have good calves and only rarely train them, and typically without weight.

Be careful when speaking in absolutes. While this is *generally* true, you will always find some females who lean out limbs first and hold in the midsection, and men with abs that come in before the lovehandles and glutes lean out.
    I agree with you 100%... but I am speaking in a general sense. I agree their are SOME that tend to store weight differently. But I have found its better to use black and white in alot of area's, because if you give someone the concept that a very few loose weight this way, they will jump on it and assume its them. People tend to like the Gray area when it benefits their own problems.
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You're my height 110# and 19 years old. You certainly don't have to worry about being muscular and masculine. Skinny-fat is your concern.

Hi!!! Now let's see if you can keep those abs over the next 40 years

In real life there aren't a whole lot of people of both genders with abs after 30
    skinny fat is far from my concern I do 1-1 1/2 hours of lifting 5 days a week with only maintenance cardio, I am an ff, and I take it very seriously. I get 2000 plus cals a day of the correct nutrition for my body, I am steadily gaining weight, until I reach my goal of 115-120. and my mom has abs just like mine, and other people I have trained with so I do plan on keeping them

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    This makes me want to rage every time I see it! I so disagree. The only women I know that look are strong, muscular AND LOOK MASCULINE are women that are not only using gear but using alot of it. Being muscular and strong does not make you look masculine. Hell using gear correctly want even do it. It's the women who abuse it IMO that end up looking masculine.

This is a body building site we strive for strong and muscular. I don't think it makes masculine.

strong is good by all means and my goal is to get stronger, and I agree, and i was meaning the women that use roids and such that truly do abuse it

Originally Posted by FitnessDiva81 View Post
    This makes me wanna throw a cupcake at you... just sayin!!

This statement is so far from being true. The fact that you actually made that comment on BB.Com of all places lol makes me embarrassed for you. Im not trying to be rude but I hear that kind of thing a lot and after a while it gets old. Beside any man who doesnt find a women attractive because the fact that shes strong and muscular is prolly a couch potato and is afraid she will show him up Yes iPoopWhey that comment is directed towards you too.

strong and muscular are good and I agree, but some times, I feel slightly less feminine personally as my body is changing, and more so that comment was directed in the people that truly over do it, and use other means to improve there performance that can take away female attributes

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    For crying out loud! I will never, ever get this. Why? Why do women (girls) come on bodybuilding.com and makes these kinds of statements? It baffles me. The whole premise/consensus of this site is to become strong and build muscle through lifting heavy, right? That's the common theme..... Am I missing something?

If that is not your goal, isn't there another forum/web site, such as Shape or something along those lines where the common goal is to achieve that soft(er) look and not become so "masculine" looking, that would be more appropriate for your goals/discussions/etc?

It sort of disrespectful and critical to come on here and post these kinds of statements. Sure it's your opinion and your entitled, but most of the women on this site are trying to achieve super strong and muscular and think it's feminine and sexy!

Should have bit my tongue like Kimm......
    I still think it is sexy to be strong I think six packs can look great, and be amazing I dont know about the general public, but in my sense there is a point where it can be over done like anything. I am not on here to get more toned I want to be stronger, I want to be better at my ff daily work/volunteer stuff, i live in a small town and most of the ff's are volunteer, hence it says seattle but I live out side of the area

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Women??? Where are all of the men with 6-packs that aren't bottles filled with alcohol? Or even 4-packs?

Who needs a 6-pack when you can carry a keg? ;P
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)
    Check out my progress pics!.....I have abs that won't quit!
    I have them even when I'm over weight! Unfortunately, I also have a freakin lard butt that won't quit either!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! peeeeeeeeevesssss me offffff!

Originally Posted by shou View Post
    Hi,

Why is there so few women with abs definition (or furthermore six pack) ? It's a pity really since it's a very sexy asset on a nice woman !
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver
    ----------------------------------

Our deepest wounds surround our greatest gifts....love and honor thyself.

-----------------------------------
    Your Outlook on Life is a direct reflection of how much you like Yourself.
    Good or Bad, Love Life, Love Yourself.....Que Viva La Vida!!!

-------------------------------------

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
    Check out my progress pics!.....I have abs that won't quit!
    I have them even when I'm over weight! Unfortunately, I also have a freakin lard butt that won't quit either!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! peeeeeeeeevesssss me offffff!
    LOL, I just posted on your Pear shaped thread. You and I have very similar body types.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    LOL, I just posted on your Pear shaped thread. You and I have very similar body types.
    Are you kidding me?? I wish!! You have no cellulite on any of your pics?!!
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver
    ----------------------------------

Our deepest wounds surround our greatest gifts....love and honor thyself.

-----------------------------------
    Your Outlook on Life is a direct reflection of how much you like Yourself.
    Good or Bad, Love Life, Love Yourself.....Que Viva La Vida!!!

-------------------------------------

114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 114m2m is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You weigh 100 pounds?????? Sorry, but that is very unhealthy. No woman should be driven to unhealthy levels just to see some sorry abs. You may eat healthy, but you're not healthy like you think you are.
    haah! i havent updated my bb.com in ages, im around 110lbs, i was 100lbs when i was 19, and just opened my bb.com account and my goal was to gain muscle cause yeah, i was too skinny but thankfully i was able to gain weight the healthy way
    "Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable."

FB fan page--http://www.********.com/MariaMartinezLIKEABOSS

Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The most i've ever had is a two pack. I had a very low BF% before but not enough muscle to have any definition in my abs so decided to bulk to gain some muscle. I've never cut far enough yet to see the abs fully though. One day, one day!
    Bulking Calories: 2700cals

Deadlift: 220lbs
    Squat: 210lbs
    Bench: 135lbs

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glad this thread was brought back to life. Enjoyed reading it!

I myself just recently started working my abs consistently. Also learned about BF% and the whole nine yards. (Thanks BB.com for all the information). Having a flat tummy to me was always okay but would much rather see more than a two pack these days. As well as muscles all over. Muscles on women are sexy IMO!

As far as loosing the boobs to see a little muscular midsection... being a member of the A- club (as my son says) I don't have anything to worry about! I just do extra chest exercises to make it appear to be more than what it really is.(another tactic I learned on this site)

To each "her" own because as we are the ones who have to be happy with ourselves!
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal