Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    i'm disappointed to see the old muscularity = masculinity in this section. If that were true it would make most men feminine by default as muscular men are not the norm.

lol

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm guess gonna this comment left on my page today is a result of this thread.. It was left as a guest..

Today, 5:13am News for you.. using steroids and having more muscle than an average man pound for pound does NOT make you feminine. You take MALE hormones ffs. If a man were to take estrogen pills, get a boob job and cut down to 100lbs.. would you find him masculine? Same thing in reverse. HTH you delusional fool.

Let me just say ..
    1. I'm not a newbie this does not hurt my feelings I make my choice based on knowledge info. I am not on gear, I'm a cyclist & I train pl & sm. I am tested.

2. I do however know women that choose at to at different stages take advantages of gear use. Used correctly and not abused this does not make them look like men. It only enhances their own abilities. They are not a magic wand.. you have to put the work in.

3.When I rage at about people saying stuff like this it's because it's ignorant not because it hurts my feelings.

4. I am very proud of the muscle I build. I think it's sexy. If you don't like that your problem. I find candy ass wimpy guys unattractive but I don't go around putting them down.. We all have our own personal taste.

5.I'll just simply delete this losers comments from my homepage later today..

Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

Seriously, I hope you ignore this partially literate knuckle dragging as$ho!e. Any man who needs to post something like this on a built woman's account is obviously actually obsessed with said woman. I have plenty of friends who find bodybuilding weird and somewhat stupid, which is fine. But, (and this is important) they don't come on websites like this and insult people. Seriously, if you think women who have muscles are masculine (which I think is the dumbest thing ever), don't come on this website or another similar website.

As someone who took graduate school courses on gender, I get the idea of societal notions of sex and gender (not the same thing). But, this is supposed to be a safe space where people, men and women or transgendered or whatever, should feel good about themselves and happy to discuss how to get more ripped or add more muscle or whatever without comments from stupid jerks with no profile pics.

Sorry, rant, done.

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    I'm guess gonna this comment left on my page today is a result of this thread.. It was left as a guest..

Let me just say ..
    1. I'm not a newbie this does not hurt my feelings I make my choice based on knowledge info. I am not on gear, I'm a cyclist & I train pl & sm. I am tested.

2. I do however know women that choose at to at different stages take advantages of gear use. Used correctly and not abused this does not make them look like men. It only enhances their own abilities. They are not a magic wand.. you have to put the work in.

3.When I rage at about people saying stuff like this it's because it's ignorant not because it hurts my feelings.

4. I am very proud of the muscle I build. I think it's sexy. If you don't like that your problem. I find candy ass wimpy guys unattractive but I don't go around putting them down.. We all have our own personal taste.

5.I'll just simply delete this losers comments from my homepage later today..

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Grace, what a douchebag FTW.
    Seriously, men who don't like muscles on women STFU and GTFO.
    We are tired of you. This is a bodybuilding.com, not sexyplayfulkittens.com.

JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this... a lot of girls I know are very close to visible abs but start losing size in their chest/ass and stop. I think culturally (US, not BB world) women would rather have larger breasts/butt than risk losing it for visible abs.

An exgirlfriend was 32-(full) D (natural) and lost weight. Diet was great, exercise was great, and ended up about a 32- (barely) C. Stomach looks almost exactly the same, but her breasts suffered. That put an end to things for her.

I'm sure many, many situations like this stop girls from dropping that low in body fat %.

Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I and many others do love it, as you know, Ms. Cheh!

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Grace, what a douchebag FTW.
    Seriously, men who don't like muscles on women STFU and GTFO.
    We are tired of you. This is a bodybuilding.com, not sexyplayfulkittens.com.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had someone leave me a comment saying I did steroids. Lol! Anyone who makes that kind of comment makes me feel like I'm doing something right! And that they are a complete idiot

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I had someone leave me a comment saying I did steroids. Lol! Anyone who makes that kind of comment makes me feel like I'm doing something right! And that they are a complete idiot
    That made me lol hard.
    I was accused of running steroids and clenbuterol, but not on this board. I was like - what the hell - I'm 116 pounds (was last year after I cut).

Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JoshuaNeff View Post

An exgirlfriend was 32-(full) D (natural) and lost weight. Diet was great, exercise was great, and ended up about a 32- (barely) C. Stomach looks almost exactly the same, but her breasts suffered. That put an end to things for her.

I'm sure many, many situations like this stop girls from dropping that low in body fat %.
    Am I the only person that doesn't have this problem? I went from a 38D to a 32DD, I'm almost at the point where I'm going to have to order my bras off the internet. I know, I know, not really something to complain about. But is it really that odd not to go down cup sizes when you are losing body fat?

hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000) hyacinth30 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Women??? Where are all of the men with 6-packs that aren't bottles filled with alcohol? Or even 4-packs?

Two thumbs up!!!

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree! It doesn't insult me.. I take it as a compliment!

W
    Originally Posted by Inama View Post
    Seriously, I hope you ignore this partially literate knuckle dragging as$ho!e. Any man who needs to post something like this on a built woman's account is obviously actually obsessed with said woman. I have plenty of friends who find bodybuilding weird and somewhat stupid, which is fine. But, (and this is important) they don't come on websites like this and insult people. Seriously, if you think women who have muscles are masculine (which I think is the dumbest thing ever), don't come on this website or another similar website.

As someone who took graduate school courses on gender, I get the idea of societal notions of sex and gender (not the same thing). But, this is supposed to be a safe space where people, men and women or transgendered or whatever, should feel good about themselves and happy to discuss how to get more ripped or add more muscle or whatever without comments from stupid jerks with no profile pics.

Sorry, rant, done.
    what it is annoying is that he or she left the comment as a guest, at least show some balls aand have the conversation with me. Not just drop it and hide.

I'm taking gender classes this semester to.. lol.

Wish I had more time for this subject today but I'm don't..
    Last edited by grace_ou; 04-02-2011 at 01:43 PM.

sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Iskierka23 View Post
    Am I the only person that doesn't have this problem? I went from a 38D to a 32DD, I'm almost at the point where I'm going to have to order my bras off the internet. I know, I know, not really something to complain about. But is it really that odd not to go down cup sizes when you are losing body fat?
    Oh I pray I am like you and grow in cup size with weight loss. I am a C cup now and my goal is to drop 25 lbs by July 20th and I fear that I will lose what's left of my boobs. lol
    IG: sarasayshi76

r u living your signature Doc.Happy's Avatar
    Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Iskierka23 View Post
    a 32 DD is not larger than a 38D. as you go down in size the cup size goes down as well. so a 36DD is a 38D, so as a 32DD=34D=36C=38B so if you still wore a size 38 you would be a 38B. i have many many bras and spend much time in Victorias secret and have had this explained in great detail there and by my boob doctor
    "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. for the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. and let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pissed about protein

Well as my quest for flat belly continues... I recently started taking whey protein after my workouts for restoration etc. I have been loving the post workout shakes and the results of using it for the past 2 weeks. Well needless to say it was tasting too good to be true. I was reminded to pay close attn to the ingredients and just realized it has sucralose and Acesulfame K!!! No wonder everything thing else on me is looking tighter accept my damn belly is feeling crazy!! Fake sugar gives me gas and bloat..aaarrrggghhh!!!! I feel foolish and full of u know what. Something just wasn't right and I knew it. I'm going to stop and see how this might affect my goals...back in the right direction

SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperRichCoco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I can't say much about the boobs because it is what it is as far as the fat loss. I was known for my nice rack. I've had considerably noticeable breasts since 3rd grade and in the past few years they were taking over. So I'm not sure how I feel just yet about the loss. It is definitely different! However, I love my new a$$ thanks to DLs, RDLs, etc. Both girls and guys compliment the booty these days, lol. I could learn to get over it :-P

FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) FreakyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would love abs like some of the girls here!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JoshuaNeff View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this... a lot of girls I know are very close to visible abs but start losing size in their chest/ass and stop. I think culturally (US, not BB world) women would rather have larger breasts/butt than risk losing it for visible abs.

Not me, lol. I couldn't care less about tits. They are for feeding babies. The less there are of them on me, the better my balance on a surfboard or scaling a wall of granite.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Not me, lol. I couldn't care less about tits. They are for feeding babies. The less there are of them on me, the better my balance on a surfboard or scaling a wall of granite.
    I don't mind not having boobs.. I don't have to wear bra all the time.

This. On this topic, big is not necessarily better, for sure.

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post

SPF World Record Holder strongozilla's Avatar
    strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Interesting topic for sure. To get abs whether male or female you need a very low body fat percentage. I'm sure there are health implications if a woman maintains a low body fat :-

Originally Posted by sportsmedicine.about.com
    * Secondary Amenorrhea, in which a woman who has begun regular menstruation suddenly stops having a regular period.

Amenorrhea in athletes, sometimes called exercise-associated amenorrhea, occurs when a woman doesn't have a regular period either because she exercises too much, eats too few calories or both. In order to have regular periods women need to consume a certain number of calories and maintain around 16 percent body fat or more. If a woman has too little body fat the ovaries stop producing estrogen and the woman stops menstruating.
    I would like to hear from women on this forum who have had or tried to have low body fat for a lenght of time and what effects it had.

meatofdog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh man, I tried for a long, long time to get abs with no success, and I was definitely burning way more calories than I was eating (though my diet then, and even now, it's exactly admirable). It's haaard to get your bf% that low. I'm glad I read up on here, though, about women compared to men. I thought I had to get mine down to like, 8% which I think is incredibly unhealthy for a female.
    Today on, the Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar!

Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your fat's probably located elsewhere, and not very much is in the abdomen area. Lucky!
    I have a friend like this, She's around 23% body fat, but all her fat goes into her perfect shapely butt and big breasts, and she has almost none on her stomach. When she loses weight, it goes out of her thighs and stomach first, so she looks even more perfect. When I'm 23% body fat, I'm opposite, I completely lose my butt and breasts, and my thighs and stomach stay just as fat as they were before. Can you tell I'm jealous?

Originally Posted by Janina5309 View Post
    Your fat's probably located elsewhere, and not very much is in the abdomen area. Lucky!
    I have a friend like this, She's around 23% body fat, but all her fat goes into her perfect shapely butt and big breasts, and she has almost none on her stomach. When she loses weight, it goes out of her thighs and stomach first, so she looks even more perfect. When I'm 23% body fat, I'm opposite, I completely lose my butt and breasts, and my thighs and stomach stay just as fat as they were before. Can you tell I'm jealous?
    I've got a similar problem :/ I'm at 25%, and I couldn't take my butt and thighs off with a jackhammer. Do you do cardio?

Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by meatofdog View Post
    I've got a similar problem :/ I'm at 25%, and I couldn't take my butt and thighs off with a jackhammer. Do you do cardio?
    Not anymore, just lifting, but I know the only way to lose the fat is just to decrease body fat % overall, then bulk certain muscles to create the shape I want. I've solved the flat butt issue by doing a lot of heavy lunges and glute kickbacks using a glute machine(I'm up to sets with 105 lbs per leg! Started at 35 lbs.). Now, I'm working on doing the same with my pecs, though I'll lose my size, I'm hoping of creating the illusion of cleavage still!
    Check out my progress pics. I've created bulked muscle in my butt with all the strength training. Although I don't have any pictures of when I had a flat butt.

I think it's my BF's favorite part of my body now, probably cuz I'm always showing him my progress. haha
    Last edited by Janina5309; 04-03-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Oh yeh, I remember when I used to go to the gym, I was always amazed by what my legs could do compared to my arms. I don't do cardio either, it always makes me sick. I'd trade you though >.> my arse is huge. I can't seem to get it any flatter or smaller, I think that's where most of my body fat lives. You're pics are cool looking good.

nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have no butt and no thighs. The women in my family are genetically predisposed to carry our weight in our midsection. First to come, last to go for fat loss.
    Gettin' there. Slowly.

mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mccanin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by strongozilla View Post
    Interesting topic for sure. To get abs whether male or female you need a very low body fat percentage. I'm sure there are health implications if a woman maintains a low body fat :-

Originally Posted by sportsmedicine.about.com
    * Secondary Amenorrhea, in which a woman who has begun regular menstruation suddenly stops having a regular period.

Amenorrhea in athletes, sometimes called exercise-associated amenorrhea, occurs when a woman doesn't have a regular period either because she exercises too much, eats too few calories or both. In order to have regular periods women need to consume a certain number of calories and maintain around 16 percent body fat or more. If a woman has too little body fat the ovaries stop producing estrogen and the woman stops menstruating.

I would like to hear from women on this forum who have had or tried to have low body fat for a lenght of time and what effects it had.
    bump? I have this :[ i mentioned this in another thread a couple times about it...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133087453

Originally Posted by mccanin View Post
    bump? I have this :[ i mentioned this in another thread a couple times about it...
    My sister isn't a weight lifter/ body builder, but she's super thin (she's the kind of person who eats healthy or not at all). She had irregular periods and stuff, I think because her BF% must be really low. So it makes sense to me. I too wonder if there's a balance between body building and maintaining a healthy BF%. Do guys have problems related to that as well? I mean, do they get sick if theirs is too low? Or is just females?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by strongozilla View Post
    I lose my menstrual typically around 6-10 weeks pre-contest and get it back usually 4-5 weeks post contest. I don't try to maintain unusually low bf during offseason since I use that time to eat in a fairly large surplus to gain size and make improvements. I haven't experienced any other health issues, and have not had any problems getting pregnant. I've conceived 2 kids without trying.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen