mlb08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Semi-pro/rec adult football leagues

Well, being realistic chances are I'm not gunna be playing in the NFL in 10 years. I really love football and don't want to stop playing after college, does anyone have any info on any Semi-pro/Recreational football leagues for adults? Like how hard are they to play for? how big of a committment is it? and do any pro scouts watch the games?

I know I'm thinking a bit too far down the road, but I'm curious.

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your in 8th grade ... don't worry about it until you get to that point.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jgood View Post
    Your in 8th grade ... don't worry about it until you get to that point.
    This^

Plus, Semi Pro football is so lame, buch of people that never really had that much talent to begin with, trying to hold on to a dying dream.
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mlb08 View Post
    Well, being realistic chances are I'm not gunna be playing in the NFL in 10 years. I really love football and don't want to stop playing after college, does anyone have any info on any Semi-pro/Recreational football leagues for adults? Like how hard are they to play for? how big of a committment is it? and do any pro scouts watch the games?

I know I'm thinking a bit too far down the road, but I'm curious.
    what the f**k,
    how the hell do you expect to be great with that mentality? Lance armstrong never thought to himself, "oh well with this cancer thing, being realistic, i should probably just start biking recreationally". Do you think a single player in the NFL was going to be happy with not quite making it? You have two massive venues to succeed between now and then. Highschool football to get into a good college, and college football to be the best.

You've heard of the expression shoot for the stars? Right now your shooting for the roof of your house in an 8 years time. With that attitude I don't even know if you can make it to college football. It takes more then working hard to be good at football, its takes wanting it. Focus on being great every single day. Work hard to be the best on your high school team, but more importantly, WANT to be the best on your high school team. Not a single great person out there in the world today would have ever settled for less.
    Last edited by redfield11; 04-01-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CalCalington is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Your a ******* and dont know wtf your talking about. Multiple semipro players have went to the NfL

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CalCalington View Post
    Your a ******* and dont know wtf your talking about. Multiple semipro players have went to the NfL
    I can name 2.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Swann
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendrick_Ings

For the OP,
    Things to bear in mind include 1) 99.7% people playing semi-pro are paying to play versus being paid to play (I give the .3% because some semi-pro teams will pay arena players to come play for them when they reach the playoffs) 2) you will need to supply your own health insurance. For the most part you'll find a lot of ego and guys with bad attitudes who think they should be playing professionally. Commitment will depend on the team culture, some teams are very serious and have dedicated practice fields/routine, others will practice in public parks by throwing a football around with whoever shows up that day. Typically, no, there will not be any pro scouts at games. You can get film and send it out to teams but in my experience (I was one of the arena guys that a semi-pro team paid to play for them, and that team included a former Colts WR and Lions RB) no scouts came to those games, even in Texas.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP posted back in 2011. He's in college now.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CalCalington View Post
    Name one.