taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amout of sets, reps, exercies?

So i recently read a thread about a guy commenting on how bigger guys are usually seen doing 2-3 exercises per muscle group and less sets when smaller guys are seen doing more exercises and more reps. What is the science on this? Personally im one of the guys that spends alto of time in the gym completely destroying my designated muscle group of the day with 6-8 exercises and usually 3 sets. Is it because with less exercises you can push your muscles more?(I believe this amounts to the mental ability of the person who is working out. Mind over matter anyone?) I know ill get shat on for this but you see professional bodybuilders sometimes working arm for 2 hours yeah there on the juice but what are your thoughts im looking to be enlightened?

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have a look when anabolic steroids came to popularity. Have a look when 'split' routine training came to popularity.

No natural trainee needs that kind of volume. There's no benefit and all it achieves is restricting recovery.

You can choose between doing 3 sets of squats, hack squats, lunges, hamstring curls, leg extensions, good morning on 1 day, or squatting heavy 3 times a week. It's not even a contest as to which is more effective.

taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorWI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if im understanding your right if you work legs 1 day a week like I do you could manage with 6 exercises but if you work them 3 days a week then you would want to cut down drastically because of recovery time.

This works as a good example for me because i only hit one group a week so it is fine if im doing those 6-8 exercises because my body has a week to recover.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by taylorWI View Post
    So if im understanding your right if you work legs 1 day a week like I do you could manage with 6 exercises but if you work them 3 days a week then you would want to cut down drastically because of recovery time.

This works as a good example for me because i only hit one group a week so it is fine if im doing those 6-8 exercises because my body has a week to recover.
    WHOOOSH

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    WHOOOSH
    ****ing lol.

But yes, that point kind of went over your head.

What the ****! lol so your saying its much more effective to do squats, ... ,... ,... ,... instead of 3 days of heavy squats?

SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10) SeminoleSigner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WHOOOSH
    lol'd so ****ing hard
    Just trying to gain weight

ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, the debate here is whether more frequent training of the muscle is more effective or hitting the muscle with more volume at one sitting is more effective.

You need to back up your sh*t, you can't just tell me to do lower volume and train 3x a week and say it's more effective because it is a contest. If you could link some articles, some proof and results comparing the 2 over some course of time; then I might consider what you say as good info.

Originally Posted by taylorWI View Post
    What the ****! lol so your saying its much more effective to do squats, ... ,... ,... ,... instead of 3 days of heavy squats?
    Frequency > volume.

Originally Posted by ZeroReality View Post
    Well, the debate here is whether more frequent training of the muscle is more effective or hitting the muscle with more volume at one sitting is more effective.

You need to back up your sh*t, you can't just tell me to do lower volume and train 3x a week and say it's more effective because it is a contest. If you could link some articles, some proof and results comparing the 2 over some course of time; then I might consider what you say as good info.
    Go have a look at the bodybuilding mythbusters thread. Multiple studies included there.

Or keep doing your own ****. You make it sound like you're a paying customer. I'm not obligated to convince you. I couldn't really give a flying ****.

I'll be laughing all the way to the gym, where I'll bench your deadlift max for a clean set of 10.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)

There is one in a sticky for the sake of the holy baby Jesus. Hail Mary.

Your not talking to me are you? Lol. And yes it is the debate.

ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZeroReality is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol, thanks and sorry. I'm going to read through it right now. I mean I'm interested in the more frequency sh*t cause I've read about it. Could you post an example routine? I'm wondering what exercises(guessing mostly compound), what rep range, rep tempo, how many times a week, etc...

Lol, thanks and sorry. I'm going to read through it right now. I mean I'm interested in the more frequency sh*t cause I've read about it. Could you post an example routine? I'm wondering what exercises(guessing mostly compound), what rep range, rep tempo, how many times a week, etc...
    Look, like you said, it's a topic that has been debated for a long time and will continue to be debated.

Powerlifters and olympic lifters have had great success with frequency training. For a long time, bodybuilders had great success with frequency training.

Ultimately, it's something you have to decide for yourself. Once upon a time I did splits, tried a full body workout after MUCH scepticism and absolutely blew up off it.

The two questions you have to ask yourself are:

-How many sets do I need to stimulate muscular hypertrophy?

-How much recovery time do I need?

-What are the potential benefits of training more often?

Yeah, that's the part where you kinda have to partly adjust yourself as well. Well, what do you think of Dorian Yates. I've been really leaning to his way of lifting.

You think that routines like FST-7, PRRS, MAX-OT, DC, etc... are bullsh*t?

Yeah, that's the part where you kinda have to partly adjust yourself as well. Well, what do you think of Dorian Yates. I've been really leaning to his way of lifting.

You think that routines like FST-7, PRRS, MAX-OT, DC, etc... are bullsh*t?
    I hate you.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Look, like you said, it's a topic that has been debated for a long time and will continue to be debated.

Powerlifters and olympic lifters have had great success with frequency training. For a long time, bodybuilders had great success with frequency training.

Ultimately, it's something you have to decide for yourself. Once upon a time I did splits, tried a full body workout after MUCH scepticism and absolutely blew up off it.

The two questions you have to ask yourself are:

-How many sets do I need to stimulate muscular hypertrophy?

-How much recovery time do I need?

-What are the potential benefits of training more often?
    Yo, I was wondering if you got more links or articles on training 2x/3x a week. I read that BB Mythbusters thread. You got perhaps a routine that you're doing right now that I could use as a sample?

And if you can answer above lol? Doggcrapp seems like a legit routine.

Yo, I was wondering if you got more links or articles on training 2x/3x a week. I read that BB Mythbusters thread. You got perhaps a routine that you're doing right now that I could use as a sample?

And if you can answer above lol? Doggcrapp seems like a legit routine.
    The driving principle behind DC is frequent, intense training. It doesn't deserve to be among those garbage BBing splits.

The driving principle behind DC is frequent, intense training. It doesn't deserve to be among those garbage BBing splits.
    Ya, I don't know I just put in names I thought of in my head. I haven't tried it out yet cause I don't know if I'm ready for just 1 set, twice a week. I just did FST-7 for Chest and Calves today(4th week) and it feels good. I'm gaining both in body weight and strength. 4 weeks ago I was 154, now I'm 157. I might've started out a bit light the first couple weeks, but I settled on a good weight and I'm adding reps progressively without going to failure.