__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Quad/hamstring imbalance in Leg Routine?

I'm wondering if my leg routine is lacking enough hamstring work in comparison to quad work. Routine is as follows:

ATG Squats 3x8 (last set I go up to 12 if I can)
    Leg Press 3x10 (last set I go up to 15 if I can)
    Leg Extensions 3x10, 1xsuperset at end
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8 (last set I go up to 12 if I can)
    Leg Curls 3x10, 1xsuperset

When I am finished with the leg extensions my quads are blasted and feel great. However I'm concerned that I'm not doing enough hamstring work in comparison. Am I overthinking things or should I consider adding in one more lift for hamstrings? (Hamstrings get worked some on back day too of course via deadlifts).

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks good to me.
    Who was this love of yours?

Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Yaaaaaabuddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gotta analyze how you're legs are looking and feeling strength wise.

I mean, mentally do your quads feel stronger than they should be compared to your hamstrings? And are your hams looking proportional to your quads?

Strength wise, how much weight are you using for romanian deads and lying leg curls usually?
    How much weight are you using for quad focused leg presses or ATG squats?

There are too many different exercises and factors involved to really determine exact functional quad and hamstring strength based on weights used in certain movements, but it can give you an idea. I've heard of 3:2 being a good ratio for quad to hamstring strength and I've also heard that hamstring/quad ratio of 60-80% is good. I think the only cause for concern where you would need to switch up your current routine was if your hamstrings are either drastically too weak/strong compared to your quads or if they simply look under/over developed.

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Yaaaaaabuddy View Post
    Gotta analyze how you're legs are looking and feeling strength wise.

I mean, mentally do your quads feel stronger than they should be compared to your hamstrings? And are your hams looking proportional to your quads?

Strength wise, how much weight are you using for romanian deads and lying leg curls usually?
    How much weight are you using for quad focused leg presses or ATG squats?

There are too many different exercises and factors involved to really determine exact functional quad and hamstring strength based on weights used in certain movements, but it can give you an idea. I've heard of 3:2 being a good ratio for quad to hamstring strength and I've also heard that hamstring/quad ratio of 60-80% is good. I think the only cause for concern where you would need to switch up your current routine was if your hamstrings are either drastically too weak/strong compared to your quads or if they simply look under/over developed.
    Last time I did 3 sets of 85kgs for romanians. 8, 8, 12 reps. Moving up to 90kg next time. Had 30kgs on the hamstring curl thing I was using.
    I did 8,8,12 with 95kgs on atg squats. 180kg of weights on the leg press for 10,10,15 reps.

I'll just continue with how the program is for now since I haven't reached any stall point for any of the major exercises yet (since I'm still managing extra reps on the last sets).

Just to try to be able to gauge things strength wise: How much is common to be pulling on romanians compared to squats?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    ... should I consider adding in one more lift for hamstrings? (Hamstrings get worked some on back day too of course via deadlifts).
    IMO, your routine looks fine as-is. Just work to progress the weight and/or reps lifted week-to-week, and you'll be good to go. Don't forget to eat consistently, and get enough rest.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733