SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000)

how do I calculate my macros in a food hall with no nutrition information?

I'm trying to cut, but I have to eat college food...which isn't a problem, but it sucks when you don't know how much calories are in your food.

What's the best way to measure them?

I need about 200g, or 7oz of meat a day, need to figure it out.

Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basic_wonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I check the menu and then put it into fitday to fit my calories and then head to the food hall and eat, just need to plan before you go ....

Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always rep back.

[IIFYM]

phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "how can i track something that I can't track?"

theres no way to get around it unless you wanna bring a scale to teh dining hall with you and are able to find all of the nutritional information for the food you are getting.

I have the same problem, makes it very hard to cut or bulk accurately
    Newcomer to the IIFYM Crew and loving it

cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it taste good, don't eat it.

VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lolz. I brought a pocket scale (typical drug dealer scale...looked mighty sketch weighing out hamburger patties) to the dining hall and weighed a few of the "average" servings of meat there (fish, chicken, beef) and basically eyeball most of the other dishes.

Sux bro...but do what u can. If you eat basically the same things at the halls every day, than you dont need to count. Just adjust how much you eat according to weight loss goals.

I was counting my dailies at 1500cals and was gaining weight. Obviously this meant that I sucked at counting. I dropped a plate and "counted" the same way at 1000 cals...started losing weight. So, I may have actually started at soemthing like 2400 then dropped it to 1900. Doesn't really matter as long as fat drips off, or muscle is added.

jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by VAnick View Post
    Sux bro...but do what u can. If you eat basically the same things at the halls every day, than you dont need to count. Just adjust how much you eat according to weight loss goals.

I was counting my dailies at 1500cals and was gaining weight. Obviously this meant that I sucked at counting. I dropped a plate and "counted" the same way at 1000 cals...started losing weight. So, I may have actually started at soemthing like 2400 then dropped it to 1900. Doesn't really matter as long as fat drips off, or muscle is added.
    This. Counting the actual number of calories etc is not that important, as long as you can keep your daily intake consistent. I don't really know the value of my maintenance level but i know how much to eat.

Obviously this is not very accurate but it's really your only option and it should work fine.

E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) E.J.Smith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can get books that give you averages of calories in foods aswell as protein, carbs and fats.

In the Uk we have one by mccance and widowson.

You just need to estimate portion sizes of what u eat, come home, and add it up.

NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Energized View Post
    This... and Google whatever the food you're eating, followed by the word nutritional.

Like... "corndog nutritional"

You'll find the macro breakdown easily enough for anything via Google.
    - /\^/\^Colorado Crew^/\^/\

- [LeanGains/IF Crew]

- \2049 Crew/

- Forever On Recharge Crew

Cras numsquam venit.

sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sharpguyjp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is why i plan on being on an IF bulk in my fresh year of college. 1 buffet meal of everything i see a day
    Current 3x5 rep as of Feb. 1st, 2011:
    Bench: 175
    Squat:225
    Dead:245
    Press:115

Goal by start of college:
    Bench:225
    Squat:315
    Dead:405
    Press:135

NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sharpguyjp View Post
    This is why i plan on being on an IF bulk in my fresh year of college. 1 buffet meal of everything i see a day
    IF rocks!
    - /\^/\^Colorado Crew^/\^/\

- [LeanGains/IF Crew]

- \2049 Crew/

- Forever On Recharge Crew

Cras numsquam venit.