sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50) sekke will become famous soon enough. (+50)

35 yr old, supp to aid recovery?

Hi,

I'm training in oly lifting for about a year now and, in preparation for a comp in mid summer, I have recently switched to a more intensive training program. I notice that by Friday, (workouts scheduled on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri) I am having trouble hitting lifts that I had done easily earlier in the week.

From previous experience, I could hit these lifts fine doing a Mon/Wed/Fri if I had similar lifts on Mon/Friday but on this new training cycle I am having a lot of trouble doing this and feeling overall weak and gassed on the Friday workouts.

I currently only supplement with a whey protein drink post workout (myofusion atm, but i tend to get whatever whey is on sale), a strong multi, fish oil and creatine mono.

What I'm wondering with me not getting any younger is there something that might be deficient or that I could supp with that would aid my recovery? I know there is no 'magic pill' out there, but I'm just looking for something that might give me a little edge (not a stim) so I can go full intensity on the Friday workouts.

It might just be that my body has to adapt to the new intensity, only been on this training cycle for 3 weeks now, but if there is something out there that might help my situation I'd be willing to give it a try.

MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) MFDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BCAAs and glutamine have really helped me out a lot with recovery. You might as well throw some vitamin C in there too.

attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50) attack07lax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    definitely look into BCAA's, products such as xtend, recoup, atomic 7, purple wraath are all good options.

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Xtend!

lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Xtend intra workout man and you're set. Purple Wraath is also a good choice. controlled labs products taste pretty solid
    I don't even lift.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lollerskatess View Post
    Xtend intra workout man and you're set. Purple Wraath is also a good choice. controlled labs products taste pretty solid
    Originally Posted by TJB85 View Post
    Xtend!
    Originally Posted by attack07lax View Post
    definitely look into BCAA's, products such as xtend, recoup, atomic 7, purple wraath are all good options.
    Originally Posted by MFDrew View Post
    BCAAs and glutamine have really helped me out a lot with recovery. You might as well throw some vitamin C in there too.
    ^^ Thank you all for the support and words. This is a reason why Xtend is a top 10 product in the store, Recovery supplement of the year the last two years, and is cost effective. Not to mention the variety of 7 flavors it comes in to suit your tastebuds. If your diet and training is in check adding some BCAA's may aid in reducing doms, and increasing your performance in the gym.

fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fujindemon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sekke View Post
    Hi,

I'm training in oly lifting for about a year now and, in preparation for a comp in mid summer, I have recently switched to a more intensive training program. I notice that by Friday, (workouts scheduled on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri) I am having trouble hitting lifts that I had done easily earlier in the week.

From previous experience, I could hit these lifts fine doing a Mon/Wed/Fri if I had similar lifts on Mon/Friday but on this new training cycle I am having a lot of trouble doing this and feeling overall weak and gassed on the Friday workouts.

I currently only supplement with a whey protein drink post workout (myofusion atm, but i tend to get whatever whey is on sale), a strong multi, fish oil and creatine mono.

What I'm wondering with me not getting any younger is there something that might be deficient or that I could supp with that would aid my recovery? I know there is no 'magic pill' out there, but I'm just looking for something that might give me a little edge (not a stim) so I can go full intensity on the Friday workouts.

It might just be that my body has to adapt to the new intensity, only been on this training cycle for 3 weeks now, but if there is something out there that might help my situation I'd be willing to give it a try.

Before...

Omega Sports Ultima
    Thermolife P-Bol
    SNS Focus XT (optional if using Ultima, alternative for Ultima if you're satisfied with your creatine mono of choice, if Ultima is full dose, may be overkill, but could be nice at half dose with full dose of Ultima based on opinions I respect).

1 scoop Ultima + 1 scoop P-Bol + (1/2 scoop Focus XT) would likely be a helluva pre-stack.

...covers creatine, nootropics, and a host of other high quality actives dosed appropriately to improve focus, endurance, strength.

During/after...

Nimbus Nutrition Poseidon

...outstanding recovery formula, a different option compared to Xtend (not bashing Xtend, love the watermelon flavor personally, a new formulation coming out will have an electrolyte complex of some kind) may be just what you're looking for to improve recovery.
    Focus, concentrate, lift, rest adequately, repeat. No talking.

The only way you will get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.
    The only way you will get stronger is by training with a stronger partner.

If you need to grunt while moving some heavy ass weight in the gym, go for it. I probably can't hear you anyway since I have some Black Sabbath turned to 11 in my ears.

But grunting in the locker room, especially from behind a stall door, is just fooking disturbing. Please refrain.

MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MunroPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    modern BCAA or xtend during workouts would help you for sure, as listed previously by a few people. Also look into a regular Amino blend throughout the day, and since amino pills are pointless for the amount your taking, id recommend amino energy as long as your not sensative to caffeine. Glutamine straight up helps alot of people, it is already mixed into the modern bcaa but i doubt at a high enough dose to really meet your daily intake.
    Adam Munro

Munrosfitness@gmail.com

"A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs."

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fujindemon View Post
    Before...

Omega Sports Ultima
    Thermolife P-Bol
    SNS Focus XT (optional if using Ultima, alternative for Ultima if you're satisfied with your creatine mono of choice, if Ultima is full dose, may be overkill, but could be nice at half dose with full dose of Ultima based on opinions I respect).

1 scoop Ultima + 1 scoop P-Bol + (1/2 scoop Focus XT) would likely be a helluva pre-stack.

...covers creatine, nootropics, and a host of other high quality actives dosed appropriately to improve focus, endurance, strength.

During/after...

Nimbus Nutrition Poseidon

...outstanding recovery formula, a different option compared to Xtend (not bashing Xtend, love the watermelon flavor personally, a new formulation coming out will have an electrolyte complex of some kind) may be just what you're looking for to improve recovery.
    Fuji gives excellent recommendations, I really enjoy both pump-bol and ultima. Both bring different things to the table, as P-Bol includes Nitrates which have been shown to improve endurance and reduce the cost of exercise on the body. Ultima includes no-otropics which help to improve focus. I enjoy stim free options, as I can add caffeine and other stims when I want and go without when I don't. Plus, neither of them are a prop blend, so you know exactly how much you're getting of each ingredient and that they are being dosed effective and not just added in some minuscule amount.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stix_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think there is a supplement for time....

Contest Prep Nom Nom rebelprettyboy's Avatar
    rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Trying sipping on some ennercell during or after a workout and see if recovery is better
    Follow on instagram for updates and what not. Let me know and greens will be passed your
    Way.

Instagram.com/bestbuiltphysiques

#BBP

grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grappler05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    give Ast's Beta-x a try. It's a time release beta alanine. My ability to recover from tough workouts is amazing when I'm taking this.