GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Box squat help, re positioning feet whilst on box

Hey all, me and my training partner have recently started a WS routine, with great results I might add after only a few weeks.

Anyway, on our ME squat day today we were critiquing each others lifts, he and I both noticed that when I sit on the (below parallel) box I inadvertently reposition my feet before driving back up with the head necks and traps as per instruction? Obviously this is releasing the tension I am accruing on the way down!

On our DE days we practice form, and I always keep tight, releasing and then reflexing hip flexors to initiate the cocentric and my feet don't move.

Of course on ME day it;s a different story...I'm assuming me repostioning my feet is a bad thing as I am losing stored up tension?

The weight wasnt a problem getting up either...

I figure this could be one of a few things. Either I'm trying to sit too far back, my hips are not strong enough yet or just more practice needed...??

Thanks!

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Could just be a mental thing. When I first started doing box squats I didn't have any coaches to teach it o me either so had to go by interpretation and monkey see monkey do from what I had seen and read on the internet. I used to inadvertently reposition my feet almost every rep in order to make sure I was pushing from my heels.

I don't believe I did anything special to make myself stop doing this, I just realized I was doing it and stopped. Maybe do a few more warm up sets to get your form down or don't use this particular exercise variant as much as you are right now, since it really is the only type of squat where you have the opportunity to reposition your feet like that.

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok thanks dude, coming to mention it we didn't do enough warm up sets. This is all new to us so it's probably a case of just learning not to as opposed to some intrinsic weakness. Thanks!