smalter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jerry Seinfeld Motivation Secret

Hi there. A friend of mine who's a female bodybuilder, Lauren, directed me to the Bodybuilding forums. She's been using a website I built called iDoneThis.com to motivate her and to log her fitness regimen. I know there are a bunch of great techniques for fitness tracking and motivation on this site, and I thought you guys might find iDoneThis useful as well. Lauren said it's really the simplest and easiest way to log her training and diet that she's used.

The site emails you every day asking you what you got done that day. You write an email back and we put it in a calendar for that day with a checkmark. Look to your previous accomplishments to motivate you today.

The site is based on the Seinfeld productivity secret (lifehacker.com/#!281626/jerry-seinfelds-productivity-secret). Basically, he would make himself write a joke a day and when he did, he'd mark that day off the calendar. In his words, "After a few days you'll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You'll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain."

Check out the site if you're interested. I don't make any money off of it. I made it for myself, but I've been surprised just how many people find it useful. I'd love it if you guys checked it out and let me know what you think.

tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) tigastyle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    gjdm - I signed up - sounds good

Thanks man. Let me know if you find it helpful.

j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50) j_c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do this at home actually. I have a huge desk calendar up on my fridge and mark each day that I workout. But I like having more things keep me accountable.

Awesome. Yeah I think the calendar is a powerful motivator because it shows that there's only a series of days standing between you and your goals, and to get there, you gotta do your part every day.