abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) abradley23 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Running on the spot

I need to get my blood presure down. I'm on meds for it. I don't like running outside and am not part of a gym. Does running on the spot for like 30 mins a day good? Will it work? I did it before and i got hot and my heart was pumping and I was moving my legs up and down as well as my arms. What oy ou think of it? Is it really just a wste of time and won't make much difference?
    Thanks

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's more like a plyometric bicycle than running. The distance displacement in running adds a lot of muscle work to the hopping up and down.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

jourdanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jourdanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jourdanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jourdanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jourdanc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't have any leg/knee injuries, maybe try a jump rope instead? You might get a better cardio workout from it and seems more fun that running on the spot. Cheap too, I've seen jump ropes on sale for as little as $5.

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jourdanc View Post
    If you don't have any leg/knee injuries, maybe try a jump rope instead? You might get a better cardio workout from it and seems more fun that running on the spot. Cheap too, I've seen jump ropes on sale for as little as $5.
    ^good point. some people absolutely love doing cardio but there are also many others who find it hard to stay motivated enough to do it consistently. Running in place sounds like something that would hold my attention for a fairly short amount of time. If you don't have access to a gym and don't care for running outside perhaps a good cardio workout DVD that you can work out along with in front of the TV would have more sustainability value and keep you motivated enough to stick to it for a while.

Location: Nottingham/Derby, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you got the wii get wii fit it has a game where you run on the spot, more amusing to watch the guy on screen as you run than just running by your self on the spot .
    Goal - keep lifting - get bigger - get stronger - result

ZoSo15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was gonna say you'd look like a fruitcake but if you're alone I guess it doesn't matter. A jump rope would probably keep you more entertained, though.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by abradley23 View Post
    I need to get my blood presure down. I'm on meds for it.
    I feel ya bro.

I don't like running outside and am not part of a gym.
    Same here. Well I like running outside, I just hate people.

Does running on the spot for like 30 mins a day good?
    Does writing completely in full sentences well?

Will it work?
    You didn't specify what you want to happen. If you mean: can it increase your fitness? Sure. Keep in mind that you'd probably want to do it more intensely over time though. It would be good to have some means of tracking progress like a ****meter and heart rate monitor, seeing as how distance can't be measured. Other stuff like light weights (like those fun pink 1lb pair I have) can help to increase it a bit.

There's also stuff like experimenting with jump rope if you get some air space to swing it.

I did it before and i got hot and my heart was pumping and I was moving my legs up and down as well as my arms.
    Sounds like it's working.

What oy ou think of it? Is it really just a wste of time and won't make much difference? Thanks
    I think if it's done intensely and regularly enough it can make a difference. Just keep in mind that we're instinctively lazy and unless we hold ourselves accountable with numbers, our intuition may betray our desire to work out hard. It can make a difference, but I would definitely add some other movements in there to vary it up. Spot-running sounds like a great warmup before getting into other stuff.

High rep bodyweight squats can also get your heart pumping. You can also hold a light counter-weight in front to go deeper and make it more intense.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    It's more like a plyometric bicycle than running. The distance displacement in running adds a lot of muscle work to the hopping up and down.
    On the other hand, the most efficient runners don't hop off the ground sigificantly at all. The ones who do are the 'joggers' who jump-skip or whatever. Jump ropers and squatters seem to get along fine in spite of the lack of horizantal displacement.

Originally Posted by jourdanc View Post
    Even though I love jump rope, it might be an advanced movement for later. Keep in mind that if one lacks the coordination to get a good pace, the real workout is probably for the lower back bending down every 2-3 seconds to untangle it from your feet.

Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krooger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Running on spot... Boring, I'd end up doing it maybe once then never again. But that's just me