Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32
  1. #1
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline

    Another BodySolid SFID325 Review

    Hey - I just received and assembled the Body Solid SFID325 bench. I took some pics and as there isn't alot of info around here on this bench I thought I would post them.

    My overall impressions:

    - overall fit and finish is very good / sturdy / strong
    - ladder support is much beefier than the BodyCraft f602
    - easy to adjust
    - fairly heavy (heavier than the BodyCraft f602)
    - very firm padding (I like this)
    - quite narrow compared to BC f602 and previous Impex POS
    - full upright position is much closer to 90 degrees than either of my other benches
    - larger wheels than f602 - rolls very smoothly
    - grab handle is really nice
    - ships in a large / heavy box - mostly assembled - just add seat pads and leg assembly
    - comes with cheap stamped metal wrench tools for assembly (these are POS - used my own wrenches)
    - very basic assembly manual - mostly a blown up diagram and a few photocopied pages with numbered steps - but not really needed - like I said almost fully assembled out of the box.

    Anyway here are the pics.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by scooter9988; 03-25-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline
    More pics
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline
    Compared to BodyCraft f602

    After waiting for over 2 months for a nice bench to come up for sale on Kijiji / Craigs I gave up and ordered the SFID325. 3 days after it was shipped out I came across a mint BodyCraft f602 - picked that up for $75 so I had the opportunity to compare both side by side.

    Overall the SFID325 is made of higher quality materials and is heavier yet slightly narrower and more "elegant" then the f602. For now I will be keeping both and may dedicate the f602 to dumbbell work while the SFID325 will probably live in my Body Craft f430 rack.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by scooter9988; 03-25-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User grumpytude's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Posts: 516
    Rep Power: 202
    grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit grumpytude's BodySpace
    grumpytude is offline
    very nice pics, I think you'll really like the new bench. For the price it's tough to beat. I've had zero issues with mine. let us know how you like it with your workouts. Where did you order it from?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User KBKB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Age: 52
    Posts: 8,008
    Rep Power: 24863
    KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KBKB has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit KBKB's BodySpace
    KBKB is offline
    Good write-up. (Repped.)

    I found your photos of the seat upholstery compelling. Here they are, inline, for easy comparison:





    I am struck by how much cleaner the BodySolid seat looks. It appears to me that the upholstery for the top of the seat is a separate piece and that it is sewn to the portion that goes around the seat padding. And, the way the BodySolid upholstery and padding is attached to the seat base is superior as well. Better workmanship and better quality, IMO.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Keetman's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Stats: 5'8", 230 lbs
    Posts: 9,089
    Rep Power: 17689
    Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Keetman's BodySpace
    Keetman is offline
    Good review.

    I think these benches are good comparisons. The 602 looks like the 320, except it doesn't have the sliding seat and the legs seem to stick out quite a bit. If it is the same, I can definitely understand why you like the BS better. I don't mind the 320, its not a bad bench, but the difference in quality between the benches is visible in your pics (the 320 pads look just like the ones on the 602). It also seems like the single post in the front is superior to the big legs coming out into the way.

    Bodycraft should step up their game. From what I can see I'd recommend the BS over the 602 based solely on your pics.



    Now to the OP or grumpy.... how does this stack up compared to a commercial bench? I don't expect it to be of that quality, I'm just curious. A good commercial bench just doesn't move hardly at all when you're using it. While I doubt the 602 is that good, it does give a commercial vibe off, imo. Just wondering how much that translates into how it feels when you're using it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

    Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User grumpytude's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Posts: 516
    Rep Power: 202
    grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) grumpytude has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit grumpytude's BodySpace
    grumpytude is offline
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Good review.

    I think these benches are good comparisons. The 602 looks like the 320, except it doesn't have the sliding seat and the legs seem to stick out quite a bit. If it is the same, I can definitely understand why you like the BS better. I don't mind the 320, its not a bad bench, but the difference in quality between the benches is visible in your pics (the 320 pads look just like the ones on the 602). It also seems like the single post in the front is superior to the big legs coming out into the way.

    Bodycraft should step up their game. From what I can see I'd recommend the BS over the 602 based solely on your pics.



    Now to the OP or grumpy.... how does this stack up compared to a commercial bench? I don't expect it to be of that quality, I'm just curious. A good commercial bench just doesn't move hardly at all when you're using it. While I doubt the 602 is that good, it does give a commercial vibe off, imo. Just wondering how much that translates into how it feels when you're using it.
    well as I have stated before- if possible I would want 3 separate benches (thats just me- I'm just picky) a flat, an incline only and a decline. That being said-the bodysolid is right up there, and for $300-well worth it. I think its very solid, doesn't move when using it. I might be ordering a Legend FID bench-so I can compare it to that in the future. As for a commercial vibe- I would say yes it does- I'm sure scooter will chime in, but as soon as I opened the box I was impressed by the build of it and the quality of the upholstery. i don't want to take over scooter's post here since I did my own review. Are there better benches? of course- but you will pay at least double (including shipping on some models). I originally was going to get the legend FI bench and then I came across this by chance- I was getting other stuff from Legend at the time, so I wanted to save some money - but I don't feel I sacrificed quality. maybe someone else can come up with a comparable bench for $300? I know it hands down better than the powertech flat bench I have.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    very nice pics, I think you'll really like the new bench. For the price it's tough to beat. I've had zero issues with mine. let us know how you like it with your workouts. Where did you order it from?
    I ordered it from treadmillfactory. I'm up in the prairies of Canada so there isn't a lot of online and even less local selection. I debated the SFID325 for a while but the local BodySolid dealer didn't stock this model so wavered .... then I decided to just go for it - glad I did!

    I have only had one workout using this bench and so far it's definitely a keeper. It is really very solid and heavy for its size.

    Keetman: I'm not sure what defines gym quality but I totally agree with grumpytude - this a a heavy duty piece of gear! I've also got the Bodycraft PL1000 lever gym which has pretty much the same bench as the F320 and yep the F602 and F320 bench construction is about the same. Not that it is bad - just a step down from this BS SFID325 - which I will agree with you on definitely gives off a "commercial vibe".

    - the stitching is better
    - the upholstery material is higher quality
    - the wheels are bigger
    - the steel is THICK and HEAVY! much thicker than the BodyCraft
    - the weld quality is higher
    - I like the smaller front leg as opposed to the large feet alot!
    - the ladder adjustment handles are bigger / metal not small and plastic and are on both sides of the bench.
    - there is a roller on the ladder support ie: you can just lift the seat and the ladder moves up and drops into the next notch - on the BC you need to put the arm into the slot manually.
    - that front handle is really nice - on the Bodycraft you need to grab the foam rollers or ? to move the bench - on the SFID325 it is an easy one handed maneuver!


    Overall I like this bench A LOT! In fact the overall experience with this bench has me considering the BodySolid Pro Club-Line Multi Squat Rack (SMR1000). I've been looking into a heavier duty rack for a while and based on my experience with this bench (from the same BodySolid series) I am now seriously considering that option. Of course it also helps that it is available up here in Canada as well ;-)
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User justinluck's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 34
    Stats: 6'2", 188 lbs
    Posts: 1,285
    BodyPoints: 15635
    Rep Power: 225
    justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justinluck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit justinluck's BodySpace
    justinluck is offline
    Originally Posted by scooter9988 View Post
    BodySolid Pro Club-Line Multi Squat Rack (SMR1000) . I've been looking into a heavier duty rack for a while and based on my experience with this bench (from the same BodySolid series) I am now seriously considering that option. Of course it also helps that it is available up here in Canada as well ;-)
    Great review Scooter and, wow, that is a nice rack!
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User henryd31's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2008
    Age: 41
    Stats: 5'11", 200 lbs
    Posts: 119
    Rep Power: 0
    henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) henryd31 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit henryd31's BodySpace
    henryd31 is offline
    Looks like a real nice bench for the money paid. And not to take away from the bench, but
    from these pics and I remember from reading grumpytude's review, it appears the bench
    only really allows Flat/Incline. The decline position without any leg support seems to be
    unusable. Is that a correct statement ? This design choice might have something to do
    with how the bench presents itself, being smaller, or appearing more elegant. It's apparent
    the quality of materials is higher but the functionality seems a bit sacrifised.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline
    Originally Posted by henryd31 View Post
    Looks like a real nice bench for the money paid. And not to take away from the bench, but
    from these pics and I remember from reading grumpytude's review, it appears the bench
    only really allows Flat/Incline. The decline position without any leg support seems to be
    unusable. Is that a correct statement ? This design choice might have something to do
    with how the bench presents itself, being smaller, or appearing more elegant. It's apparent
    the quality of materials is higher but the functionality seems a bit sacrifised.
    You are correct about the decline issue. At this point my workout doesn't include any decline bench exercises so for me, currently, that isn't an issue. I plan on keeping the BC 602 as well so I could always use that for those if the need arises.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline
    Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    Great review Scooter and, wow, that is a nice rack!
    Yeah.... Now I just need to convince my wife that we NEED one of those as well.... Though I do have a buyer lined up for my F430 if I do convince her ;-)
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Keetman's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Stats: 5'8", 230 lbs
    Posts: 9,089
    Rep Power: 17689
    Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Keetman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Keetman's BodySpace
    Keetman is offline
    Originally Posted by scooter9988 View Post
    Yeah.... Now I just need to convince my wife that we NEED one of those as well.... Though I do have a buyer lined up for my F430 if I do convince her ;-)


    I am set to upgrade to a new rack next week and will be selling my F430 if it all goes as planned (I also have a buyer lined up). I just took the route of getting it and asking for forgiveness later. I'd have been more upset to have let the rack go than to argue with her for a bit . She actually took it "okay", at least as best as can be expected. She just doesn't care about the gym as much as I do, which is fine.




    On the answers to the questions I had..... as far as a commercial bench is concerned, anybody can put that on their product. I have had my hands on a couple of true benches that could be considered "commercial" and believe me there is no comparison. The one I have now..."hoist" is one of those and is just unbelievable. Its rock solid when I'm on it.....almost as though its bolted down. Hard to explain unless you've seen or used one.

    I wouldn't expect the 602 to necessarily stack up to those types of benches and that wasn't the point of my inquiry. It just had a nice look to it that at least gave the impression of "commercial". I was just curious as to how it translates, but honestly, I guess I'd have to use one for a bit to know for sure.

    It really does seem like a nice bench. I'm not sure why they even bothered with the decline though. They should've either put leg holds on it, or probably even better...just put a longer support at the underside of the head so it was even sturdier in the flat position and couldn't even have gone into decline. I'm also curious about the space between the pads.

    Those are really the only things I see that give me any pause. Looks like a nice piece of equipment.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

    Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User scooter9988's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: SK, Canada
    Age: 42
    Stats: 6'0", 181 lbs
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000) scooter9988 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit scooter9988's BodySpace
    scooter9988 is offline
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I am set to upgrade to a new rack next week and will be selling my F430 if it all goes as planned (I also have a buyer lined up). I just took the route of getting it and asking for forgiveness later. I'd have been more upset to have let the rack go than to argue with her for a bit . She actually took it "okay", at least as best as can be expected. She just doesn't care about the gym as much as I do, which is fine.




    On the answers to the questions I had..... as far as a commercial bench is concerned, anybody can put that on their product. I have had my hands on a couple of true benches that could be considered "commercial" and believe me there is no comparison. The one I have now..."hoist" is one of those and is just unbelievable. Its rock solid when I'm on it.....almost as though its bolted down. Hard to explain unless you've seen or used one.

    I wouldn't expect the 602 to necessarily stack up to those types of benches and that wasn't the point of my inquiry. It just had a nice look to it that at least gave the impression of "commercial". I was just curious as to how it translates, but honestly, I guess I'd have to use one for a bit to know for sure.

    It really does seem like a nice bench. I'm not sure why they even bothered with the decline though. They should've either put leg holds on it, or probably even better...just put a longer support at the underside of the head so it was even sturdier in the flat position and couldn't even have gone into decline. I'm also curious about the space between the pads.

    Those are really the only things I see that give me any pause. Looks like a nice piece of equipment.
    I agree with you on the decline issue - if they could have made it more sturdy by leaving out the decline feature (if they weren't going to bother with leg hold anyway) then they should have taken that route. There is obviously a bigger share of the market who wants a FID bench whether those features all work or not ;-) ....ah marketing. Like I said that currently isn't a big issue for me so I won't worry about it for now.

    As far as the pad spacing goes - I have been able to make it work fairly well so far - I am 6' even and my butt seems to end up on the seat pad while the small of my back arches over the crack alright.... of course a smaller gap would always be better but so far it seems to work for me.

    There are definitely better benches out there - no question - but I don't think there are many that will compete for the price of the SFID325... and around here (Canada) there really isn't much competition at that price point (IMO). Companies do seem to like to throw around terms like commercial and professional even when products don't warrant it.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Bloody Indian! Rockfella's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: India
    Stats: 5'7", 194 lbs
    Posts: 363
    Rep Power: 81
    Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Rockfella's BodySpace
    Rockfella is offline

    GFI-21 and 71.

    How does this compare with the GFI21 and GFI71. I really liked this one and might just zero down on it. Thanks for the amazing detailed pics.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User 4America's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 59
    Rep Power: 4
    4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4America is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    4America is offline
    Thanks for the review
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Age: 34
    Stats: 5'7", 164 lbs
    Posts: 349
    Rep Power: 506
    Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cpl.Girthington has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Cpl.Girthington's BodySpace
    Cpl.Girthington is offline
    Haven't noticed OP around much lately, but I have the GFID 71 and the biggest difference to consider is the ability to use accessories. There is not a receiver on this bench like on the gfid 31 and 71. Also the gfid 71 has a similar ladder style adjustment for the backrest, but the seat adjustment is a pop pin style (similar to the bodycraft bench above referenced). The pop pin allows for more angles to choose from at the seat, but in all reality I'm sure you could get by with three or four settings. Being where I am and having the equipment I have now, I would choose the fid 325 over the fid 71. Some people absolutely love using accessories with their benches (preacher curl, leg developers, etc.), but at this point I have enough other options that I really don't use this feature enough to justify it.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Bloody Indian! Rockfella's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: India
    Stats: 5'7", 194 lbs
    Posts: 363
    Rep Power: 81
    Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Rockfella's BodySpace
    Rockfella is offline

    Gfi-71.

    The GFI-71 although comes with extra stuff like leg curls and **** but has a major flaw. It is too high to bench press! The 325 is the best bench in the bodysolid line-up.
    Cheers.
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    Haven't noticed OP around much lately, but I have the GFID 71 and the biggest difference to consider is the ability to use accessories. There is not a receiver on this bench like on the gfid 31 and 71. Also the gfid 71 has a similar ladder style adjustment for the backrest, but the seat adjustment is a pop pin style (similar to the bodycraft bench above referenced). The pop pin allows for more angles to choose from at the seat, but in all reality I'm sure you could get by with three or four settings. Being where I am and having the equipment I have now, I would choose the fid 325 over the fid 71. Some people absolutely love using accessories with their benches (preacher curl, leg developers, etc.), but at this point I have enough other options that I really don't use this feature enough to justify it.
    Last edited by Rockfella; 12-29-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Home Gym Convert... iportal's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'10", 200 lbs
    Posts: 310
    Rep Power: 721
    iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iportal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit iportal's BodySpace
    iportal is offline
    Originally Posted by scooter9988 View Post
    Hey - I just received and assembled the Body Solid SFID325 bench. I took some pics and as there isn't alot of info around here on this bench I thought I would post them.

    My overall impressions:

    - overall fit and finish is very good / sturdy / strong
    - ladder support is much beefier than the BodyCraft f602
    - easy to adjust
    - fairly heavy (heavier than the BodyCraft f602)
    - very firm padding (I like this)
    - quite narrow compared to BC f602 and previous Impex POS
    - full upright position is much closer to 90 degrees than either of my other benches
    - larger wheels than f602 - rolls very smoothly
    - grab handle is really nice
    - ships in a large / heavy box - mostly assembled - just add seat pads and leg assembly
    - comes with cheap stamped metal wrench tools for assembly (these are POS - used my own wrenches)
    - very basic assembly manual - mostly a blown up diagram and a few photocopied pages with numbered steps - but not really needed - like I said almost fully assembled out of the box.

    Anyway here are the pics.
    Thank you for doing the review, this is the bench that I have in my sights.

    I currently have a model based on the body-craft and it's okay but I'm looking a the body solid.

    I'm glad that it's sturdy as I have used a few and even some 'commercial' items aren't as steady as I'd like.

    I understand from a design point of view that it's hard to make a bench 100% stable with so many moving parts.

    Thanks again for the review, I'm glad to know it's a nice bench, it really does look the part.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Registered User Jack.Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Age: 43
    Posts: 64
    Rep Power: 33
    Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jack.Bauer is offline
    GREAT review and even better pictures. Phenomenal pictures.

    In the quest for "MY perfect" bench, I started considering this one again even though the seat is narrow and I'm use to a wide one.

    What surprises me - greatly... Is that according to the pictures the seat part of the bench is only attached to the frame with TWO screws.

    I really have to see it in person but I don't know how any company could claim commercial quality on a bench rated (tested) to 1000 #, but only have two screws holding the seat to the seat plate. Since the seat is wider than the plate, any forces on the outside edge of the seat that are not balanced, of course is putting tension stresses on that joint.

    Tried to see one of these in person today, but the store I went to decided to have a special holiday closure on Saturday (when they'd normally be open)

    Other than that, it does look well constructed. I personally prefer the bolted on catch "teeth" to hold the incline positions, instead of the welded ones like the SFID325. (Hoist models are bolted - easier to inspect bolts for wear than to determine when a weld might fail)
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Bloody Indian! Rockfella's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: India
    Stats: 5'7", 194 lbs
    Posts: 363
    Rep Power: 81
    Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Rockfella's BodySpace
    Rockfella is offline

    F21

    http://www.bodysolid.com/Home/GFI21/..._Incline_Bench This is a much better bench construction wise (though it doesnot decline) and is 17" high (Olympic bench height) however even this bench's pad is not 11" or 12" (It is hard to find one) If you need a bench for life get something from someone like EliteFTS who make benches according to Olympic standards (17" high, pad 12" wide etc) Those guys know their **** and their equipment screams of their expertise.
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post
    GREAT review and even better pictures. Phenomenal pictures.

    In the quest for "MY perfect" bench, I started considering this one again even though the seat is narrow and I'm use to a wide one.

    What surprises me - greatly... Is that according to the pictures the seat part of the bench is only attached to the frame with TWO screws.

    I really have to see it in person but I don't know how any company could claim commercial quality on a bench rated (tested) to 1000 #, but only have two screws holding the seat to the seat plate. Since the seat is wider than the plate, any forces on the outside edge of the seat that are not balanced, of course is putting tension stresses on that joint.

    Tried to see one of these in person today, but the store I went to decided to have a special holiday closure on Saturday (when they'd normally be open)

    Other than that, it does look well constructed. I personally prefer the bolted on catch "teeth" to hold the incline positions, instead of the welded ones like the SFID325. (Hoist models are bolted - easier to inspect bolts for wear than to determine when a weld might fail)
    Reply With Quote

  22. #22
    Registered User dskoo65's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: United States
    Age: 49
    Stats: 6'1", 227 lbs
    Posts: 711
    Rep Power: 568
    dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dskoo65 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit dskoo65's BodySpace
    dskoo65 is offline
    I decided years ago that I would never be happy with the ladder type catches for benches. they all have the same problem and there is no way around it for that type of mechanism. the support meets the backpad too far toward the base (very close to where the backpad is already stabilized by the hinge) rather than near the top (where no movement would be allowed at all). the only remedy would be to make the frame ridiculously long and unusable. this is why the ladder type benches never feel "commercial" quality to me.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

    "sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

    "he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"
    Reply With Quote

  23. #23
    Bloody Indian! Rockfella's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: India
    Stats: 5'7", 194 lbs
    Posts: 363
    Rep Power: 81
    Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Rockfella's BodySpace
    Rockfella is offline
    Yup! The ladder type design feels subpar. To top it all I don't think any good strength building program has decline bench press anyway, even if it is included in any program it is optional or "assistance"
    Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    I decided years ago that I would never be happy with the ladder type catches for benches. they all have the same problem and there is no way around it for that type of mechanism. the support meets the backpad too far toward the base (very close to where the backpad is already stabilized by the hinge) rather than near the top (where no movement would be allowed at all). the only remedy would be to make the frame ridiculously long and unusable. this is why the ladder type benches never feel "commercial" quality to me.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #24
    Registered User KalleA's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Stats: 6'6", 260 lbs
    Posts: 231
    Rep Power: 1160
    KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit KalleA's BodySpace
    KalleA is offline
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post
    What surprises me - greatly... Is that according to the pictures the seat part of the bench is only attached to the frame with TWO screws.

    I really have to see it in person but I don't know how any company could claim commercial quality on a bench rated (tested) to 1000 #, but only have two screws holding the seat to the seat plate. Since the seat is wider than the plate, any forces on the outside edge of the seat that are not balanced, of course is putting tension stresses on that joint.

    It's a good observation, and brackets + bolting closer to the seat edges would look nicer. Like this:




    Still, it really should not be an issue (I think...). The tube profile is quite wide, which distributes the stresses, and the bolts as such will handle loads a hundred times greater than anything they will ever be subjected to. The most critical area would be the threaded metal insert in the wood plate (I presume it's wood) at the bottom of the seat. This would depend on the type (ply, chip, osb, mdf) and thickness of the wood, as well as the type of insert (hurricane, T, barbed, outside thread, et.al.).

    Looking at the overall design of the bench, I think it is safe to assume (at least probable, and certainly possible) that they will have done the insert bit properly though.

    To summarise: two bolts could be fully sufficient.

    Just look at how really critical stuff, that experiences real stresses, is bolted together - like your car front suspension, or the wing assembly of a Learjet, which is held to the fuselage with six little bolts (whereof two are redundant, for extra safety).


    Cheers


    4.bolts.attaching.seat.jpg
    Reply With Quote

  25. #25
    Registered User KalleA's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Stats: 6'6", 260 lbs
    Posts: 231
    Rep Power: 1160
    KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) KalleA has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit KalleA's BodySpace
    KalleA is offline
    Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    I decided years ago that I would never be happy with the ladder type catches for benches. they all have the same problem and there is no way around it for that type of mechanism. the support meets the backpad too far toward the base (very close to where the backpad is already stabilized by the hinge) rather than near the top (where no movement would be allowed at all). the only remedy would be to make the frame ridiculously long and unusable. this is why the ladder type benches never feel "commercial" quality to me.

    Time to speak out in defense and favour of the "ladder type" bench!

    IMO, the ladder type is the most pusposeful solution for an adjustable bench. It is simple, quick and easy to adjust as well as strong and safe.

    It is true that the support would be subjected quite some load when the bench is in the flat position, which in turn would introduce bending/buckling stress on the support. This can however easily be remedied with an added support for the flat position. All good ladder type benches have such a support:

    The Elite FTS 0-90, aka Williams Strength Signature 0-90

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=153661201






    The Pendlay Elite 0-90

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=153951911






    The Barbarian Warrior Bench







    Cheers


    Multibank_1645_1.jpg
    WS Signature - 0-90 Bench2.jpg
    WS Signature - 0-90 Bench1.jpg
    Pendlay Elite 0-90 Adjustable Bench2.jpg
    Pendlay Elite 0-90 Adjustable Bench1.jpg
    Multiban_1645_3.jpg
    Reply With Quote

  26. #26
    Registered User Jack.Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Age: 43
    Posts: 64
    Rep Power: 33
    Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jack.Bauer is offline
    Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
    www .bodysolid.com/Home/GFI21/Body-Solid_Heavy_Duty_Flat_Incline_Bench This is a much better bench construction wise
    Is that really true? It does not appear to be rated for 1000#.

    I think my ideal bench is the Legend 4-way. It doesn't seem to carry a weight rating, and I'm not in love with the semi circle back design - as others here said, having the support so far forward...

    But I like the wide front seat that I am use to now - and the leg bracing can apparently be removed. (Unlike a good part of it with a Hoist 4165)

    PS. This 50 post limit thing is getting beyond ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #27
    Registered User Jack.Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Age: 43
    Posts: 64
    Rep Power: 33
    Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jack.Bauer is offline
    Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    I decided years ago that I would never be happy with the ladder type catches for benches. they all have the same problem and there is no way around it for that type of mechanism. the support meets the backpad too far toward the base (very close to where the
    I tend to really agree here.

    Although people rave about the construction of both the Hoist HF-4165 and the Hoist CF-3165.
    Reply With Quote

  28. #28
    Registered User Jack.Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Age: 43
    Posts: 64
    Rep Power: 33
    Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jack.Bauer is offline
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post
    Although people rave about the construction of both the Hoist HF-4165 and the Hoist CF-3165.
    And what's keeping me from picking up one of these two right now:

    1) 4165 has it's seat pretty "far back", with the front support, and leg brace in the way... (As you approach the bench holding weight, it looks like you have to "back in" from nearly 2 feet away so you don't trip)

    2) The 3165 you can only buy from your local dealer, who is 2.5 hours away, and with tax + delivery, it's just getting to the point where it is too expensive. Plus I'm not sure I'm in love with the dealer I'd be forced to buy from anyway.
    Reply With Quote

  29. #29
    Bloody Indian! Rockfella's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: India
    Stats: 5'7", 194 lbs
    Posts: 363
    Rep Power: 81
    Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Rockfella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Rockfella's BodySpace
    Rockfella is offline
    My bad, not construction wise but design wise because this bench doesn't go decline so has a straight bar support no ladder etc.
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post
    Is that really true? It does not appear to be rated for 1000#.

    I think my ideal bench is the Legend 4-way. It doesn't seem to carry a weight rating, and I'm not in love with the semi circle back design - as others here said, having the support so far forward...

    But I like the wide front seat that I am use to now - and the leg bracing can apparently be removed. (Unlike a good part of it with a Hoist 4165)

    PS. This 50 post limit thing is getting beyond ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #30
    Registered User Jack.Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Age: 43
    Posts: 64
    Rep Power: 33
    Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jack.Bauer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jack.Bauer is offline
    Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
    My bad, not construction wise but design wise because this bench doesn't go decline so has a straight bar support no ladder etc.
    Yeah - I had looked at it - again feeling pretty much like you... That giving up the rarely used decline might be worth it to get the more solid flat bench application.

    And maybe I do end up with something like a Legend 3-way.

    But I really would like something that ships UPS so I don't have to deal with a freight truck on my street, delivering a pallet.
    Reply With Quote

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. another 1-ad review
    By Need2Lift in forum Product Reviews - Help Out!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 06:42 AM
  2. Yet another workout program, review please.
    By Desp in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 04:08 PM
  3. Yet Another Meal Plan Review (Sorry)
    By opela77 in forum Keto
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 07:04 AM
  4. Another Swole V2 Review: Mine....
    By Icex999 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 10:39 AM
  5. Another Pic To Review
    By Mattwain in forum Post Your Pictures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 04:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout