Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    "Milk was a bad choice" ashylarryku's Avatar
    ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ashylarryku View Post

1st Place 198 Class USAPL Meet
    BW 196.75
    Wilks Total 408

Squat
    1st Attempt: 395
    2nd Attempt: 425
    3rd Attempt: 455 20 lb PR

Bench
    1st Attempt: 315
    2nd Attempt: 335
    3rd Attempt: 345 miss

Deadlift
    1st Attempt: 555
    2nd Attempt: 585
    3rd Attempt: 610 25 lb meet PR, 10 lb all-time PR

Overall it was a great day and I'm very pleased with the results. I hit my goal of 1,400 so I'm very happy! I set a new USAPL record in each lift for Kansas' junior 198 class (even beat the equipped deadlift record and equipped total record), and the Kansas 198 open class records for deadlift and total, so I'm extremely pleased with that. Although, it really doesn't mean much lol, but very cool nonetheless.

Squats felt great. I was worried that squatting on carpet was going to throw me off, but as soon as I had unracked 395 I completely forgot about it. Something went wrong on 425 and I looked down at the bottom of the lift (it was so awkwardly quiet during the attempt it threw me off haha) but I got myself prepared mentally and knew I would hit 455 as soon as I unracked it. I'm pretty happy about that because I haven't squatted anything over 415 since my last meet, and even the 415 I hit a few weeks ago was vary slow.

Bench was terrible. The benches were pretty low to the ground, which I'm not used to, and I just wasn't able to get my feet planted and get tight like I normally can. I was really bummed because the benches we warmed up on were better, and I thought I was going to hit an easy 355 before my first attempt.

Deadlifts felt pretty great, I guess there's not much to say. I got into a whole different world before my 610 attempt. I had honestly forgotten where I was. I knew I had to pull 610 to get my goal of 1,400 for the day, so it was a good feeling to lock it out. Oh, and the guy who was supposed to load plates had to leave, so my little brother stepped in. It felt good to have him standing there.

I'll be starting Sheiko 29 today (thank you, Ben Rice, for showing me the awesomeness of Sheiko ) and am excited to get after it!
    Bump

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    When will it be my turn....
    Have patients, you must (did I do that right? I'm not a Star Wars guy lol)
    My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133003933

"Don't unrack the bar like the bar is gonna kick your ass" - Christian Thibaudeau

"All men are created equal, some just work harder" - Defranco's Gym

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

1,400 Total @ BW 197 video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDr4a_SunYs

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for training videos almost daily:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ashylarryku?feature=watch

ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000)

Sheiko 29 Week 1 Day 1

A) Bench
    185 x 5, 225 x 4
    250 x 3 x 2
    265 x 3 x 4
    265 x 6 PR and the last rep was paused.

B) Squat
    225 x 5
    275 x 5 x 2
    320 x 5 x 5
    Omg I'm out of shape lol

C) Bench
    185 x 5
    215 x 5
    250 x 4 x 4

D) DB Flyes
    25 x 10 x 5

E) Good Morning
    135 x 5 x 5
    I don't think I'll be doing these anymore. I've never liked the movement but gave it a try and it's just not for me.

NOTES: I felt really great today. The session started out slow but got better into the first round of benching. Squats felt great and strong but I was getting winded near the end. I haven't really done multiple heavy sets over 3 reps in a while but it felt really good.
    My training log:

"Don't unrack the bar like the bar is gonna kick your ass" - Christian Thibaudeau

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you following in Ben Rice's footsteps and using a 5/3/1 AMRAP on your last set? I see you did 265 x 6 on the bench after the other 265 sets so I was a bit confused...

You're obviously much stronger at squatting than me, but your squat form could definitely use some work (no hate at all). Too much buttwink and too much goodmorning-ing happening (again no hate). Just something to keep in mind. As Ben says though "ya I COULD do all sets with 315 and use perfect form" but then you wouldn't be getting stronger...

I know what you mean about the goodmornings too. I've never liked them at all and much prefer weighted hyper exstensions. On the other hand, like Ben says it's usually the stuff you hate and suck at that you really need to be doing, so I've kept them in the routine thus far myself (not nut-hugging Ben lol).

How did you feel about the flyes? So far I've messed around with a lot of different variations - flat vs incline, DB vs cable, light weight with more of a stretch at the bottom vs heavy weight etc, but really haven't stuck with 1 particular version throughout.

Something I noticed on here http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...p_powerlifting is that according to the chart you're a "CMS" lifter since your total is over 1390 at your weight class. If 29/37 feels too easy for you I think you should definitely give the CMS routine a shot. I'm mirin hard since I'm inbetween levels 3 and 2
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Are you following in Ben Rice's footsteps and using a 5/3/1 AMRAP on your last set? I see you did 265 x 6 on the bench after the other 265 sets so I was a bit confused...
    I've seen Ben do that in his videos, and I thought it was a good idea. But honestly, I wasn't planning on doing max reps and hadn't even thought about it during that session until I hit the 3rd rep and something came over me lol. I could have grinded through possibly 8 if I hadn't paused and had a spotter, but I'm a big fan of calling it good when you know when, and getting in more quality work.

You're obviously much stronger at squatting than me, but your squat form could definitely use some work (no hate at all). Too much buttwink and too much goodmorning-ing happening (again no hate). Just something to keep in mind. As Ben says though "ya I COULD do all sets with 315 and use perfect form" but then you wouldn't be getting stronger...
    No hate at all, buddy. I know my squat is horrible lol. And I'm very aware of the problems you've mentioned. I've ben meaning to work on my mobility to fix the but wink at the bottom, I just need to devote more time to it (I have the time, i just need to DO IT darn it ). I was talking to a buddy of mine in the gym who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do, and he was saying it was BECAUSE of the butt wink that I was falling forward in the hole. So, hopefully if I can fix that, I can fix the good morning and then start squatting some more respectable weight!!

I know what you mean about the goodmornings too. I've never liked them at all and much prefer weighted hyper exstensions. On the other hand, like Ben says it's usually the stuff you hate and suck at that you really need to be doing, so I've kept them in the routine thus far myself (not nut-hugging Ben lol).
    Well, it's not that I don't like to do them because they are tough (they kind of are, but I'm in the gym to do tough stuff so it doesn't bother me lol) it's just that they feel so awkward that I don't know how they are benefitting me. I'd much rather do an exercise like GHRs or RDLs where I KNOW I'm feeling something getting worked in my body that needs working on. Also, I feel like I'm getting enough good mornings in as it is . . . . via squatting haha.

How did you feel about the flyes? So far I've messed around with a lot of different variations - flat vs incline, DB vs cable, light weight with more of a stretch at the bottom vs heavy weight etc, but really haven't stuck with 1 particular version throughout.
    I didn't write it in my log, but I actually ditched the last 2 sets of flyes and did BW dips with a big stretch at the bottom. I think I will do these from now on, as I've never been a fan of flyes either (if I get too crazy with them, they usually bother my shoulders).

Something I noticed on here http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...p_powerlifting is that according to the chart you're a "CMS" lifter since your total is over 1390 at your weight class. If 29/37 feels too easy for you I think you should definitely give the CMS routine a shot. I'm mirin hard since I'm inbetween levels 3 and 2
    I have seen that chart and I think I may just do 29 and then get into CMS. Most people would recommend doing 29 first to get used to Sheiko style training, but I'm no stranger to high volume so this type of training isn't really a shock to me like it may be to some other lifters. I'm going to finish up what I've started, though, and decide from there if I want to do CMS or a lighter Sheiko template (most likely CMS).

Thanks, Adam!
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnB46 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fcking Biuriful. Great job dude.
    NGBB
    MBB

Personal best @ 165
    Bench-250 (TnG)
    Squat-315
    Deadlift-520

Personal best @ 198
    Bench - 280
    Squat - 400
    Deadlift - 560

.___.0_0_0.
    [__l;[_____];
    l__\__L-OllllO-]
    ()_)--()_)--)_)
    JEEP CREW

Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Haha thanks, Andrew! But I think I'll be running 29 with Ed Coan's deadlift routine after my meet. I haven't decided yet.
    You killed it at the meet man. Looking forward to seeing you do Sheiko, should be fun!

Even though you're whey stronger than me, here are some unsolicited squat tips that have worked for me; 1. train abs hard. This stops a lot of forward lean. 2. Stretch your hip flexors out for a minute each every night for two months. 3. Stretch your glutes, and get them a lot stronger too, especially your abductors - this will stop knee cave. 4. Do a third world squat and dig your elbows in to your knees and force them out hard with your feet pointing forwards for 30 seconds each night.

If any of those help that will be 1 beer please.
    "I am the master of my fate:I am the captain of my soul."

http://smashweights.com - Love the iron. For anyone who ever went to sleep nervous about squats the next day. | ++ Positive Crew ++ |

Originally Posted by Jab1 View Post
    You killed it at the meet man. Looking forward to seeing you do Sheiko, should be fun!

Even though you're whey stronger than me, here are some unsolicited squat tips that have worked for me; 1. train abs hard. This stops a lot of forward lean. 2. Stretch your hip flexors out for a minute each every night for two months. 3. Stretch your glutes, and get them a lot stronger too, especially your abductors - this will stop knee cave. 4. Do a third world squat and dig your elbows in to your knees and force them out hard with your feet pointing forwards for 30 seconds each night.

If any of those help that will be 1 beer please.
    Thanks! I need to make a habit of stretching every night, you're right. I actually already do the 3rd world squat every day, but if it weren't for that, I would be in serious trouble lol.

You haz beer? Oh no . . . .
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

Originally Posted by JohnB46 View Post
    Fcking Biuriful. Great job dude.
    Thanks, bud!
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spidey22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome job at the meet man. Sheiko looks like it fits your style of training perfectly. How long those sessions lasting though? lol

Originally Posted by Spidey22 View Post
    Awesome job at the meet man. Sheiko looks like it fits your style of training perfectly. How long those sessions lasting though? lol
    Thanks, man! They usually take around an hour and a half, sometimes 2 if I'm lagging or if it's a double squat day lol. I'm loving it so far! I decided not to do the Sheiko+Coan thing, though. I thought about it more, and I just don't think Coan's style of training really fits me. I've been seeing much better results with my deadlift from added volume and frequency, so I'd be a fool to think pulling heavy singles once a week like I used to would be beneficial right now. Granted, I'm kind of putting my deadlifts on the back burner and trying to bring my squat up.
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

Sheiko 29 Week 1 Day 3 (yesterday)

A) Deadlift
    315 x 5
    365 x 5 x 2
    430 x 4 x 2
    460 x 3 x 2
    460 x 5
    460 x 3

B) Incline Bench
    225 x 4 x 5
    225 x 6 PR but only because I haven't done them in forever. Pretty easy

C) Weighted Dips
    45 x 5
    55 x 5
    70 x 5
    90 x 5
    100 x 6 PR I'm pretty sure

D) Deadlift
    315 x 4
    365 x 4
    425 x 4 x 2
    I did these beltless but was pretty fried at this point so I called it.

E) Single Leg Leg Press
    5 x 5

F) Decline Situps
    10 x 3

NOTES: This was a very meh session, as it was an unexpected long day outside at work. I hit a few cheap PRs, but deadlifts were much slower than I would have liked them to be. I stoped a few sets early on the last round, because form was going to complete rap and at that point I knew I was doing more harm than good.
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    congrats on your meet ashy, you did an amazing job. your progress has been great as well, sheiko is amazing and im sure you'll beast it...oh boy do i gotta catch up lol
    Use My Discount Code " KNO119 " To Get 5% Off Your Next Order At True Protein!

Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000) Jab1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You haz beer? Oh no . . . .
    Teh catablosims??!!

[center]Sheiko 29 Week 1 Day 3 (yesterday)
    NOTES: This was a very meh session, as it was an unexpected long day outside at work. I hit a few cheap PRs, but deadlifts were much slower than I would have liked them to be. I stoped a few sets early on the last round, because form was going to complete rap and at that point I knew I was doing more harm than good.
    God you are so strong - it seems like all of a sudden but I know it ain't.
    "I am the master of my fate:I am the captain of my soul."

http://smashweights.com - Love the iron. For anyone who ever went to sleep nervous about squats the next day. | ++ Positive Crew ++ |

C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) C0bra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    C0bra subbing this Ish
    Raw Meet PR's

Squat: 405
    Bench: 270
    Dead: 465

Originally Posted by BigBoss2 View Post
    congrats on your meet ashy, you did an amazing job. your progress has been great as well, sheiko is amazing and im sure you'll beast it...oh boy do i gotta catch up lol
    Haha thanks for dropping in, man. It's been a while. Are you still hitting it consistently? How's your progress been?

Originally Posted by Jab1 View Post
    Teh catablosims??!!

God you are so strong - it seems like all of a sudden but I know it ain't.
    Nah man I take creatine so rules can be broken.

Lol thanks, Andrew. You aren't weak yourself

Originally Posted by C0bra View Post
    C0bra subbing this Ish
    Haha thanks for following, man!
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBoss2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Haha thanks for dropping in, man. It's been a while. Are you still hitting it consistently? How's your progress been?
    lol np dude. i kinda went the BBing route, havent benched in god knows how long, same with squats. Progress has been solid but i miss strength training. started up BJJ recently and am looking into boxing soon as well.

lol np dude. i kinda went the BBing route, havent benched in god knows how long, same with squats. Progress has been solid but i miss strength training. started up BJJ recently and am looking into boxing soon as well.
    As long as you're still in the gym, training like a bawse lol
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

Sheiko CMS W1D1

A) Squat
    225 x 5
    275 x 4 x 2
    320 x 3 x 2
    -belt-
    365 x 2 x 5 ez

B) Bench (KB curls between each set)
    175 x 5
    215 x 4
    245 x 3 x 2
    280 x 3 x 6

C) Cable Crossovers
    50 x 10 x 5

D) Squat
    225 x 5
    275 x 5
    320 x 4 x 3 (1 was beltless)
    320 x 8 PR
    ^This was surprisingly easy considering the volume that was done before. It was supposed to be 320 x 4 x 5 but I did 8 on the last instead of 2 sets of 4.

E) Cable Crunches
    120 x 10 x 3

NOTES: Squats felt amazing today. I did some foam rolling before as close to my groin as possible because that is where I'm most tight and tend to feel tender, and it helped a lot.

I decided to ditch my plan of running Sheiko #29 because I see no reason not to jump into CMS from the start. My total qualifies me to run it, and I'm no stranger to high volume training. I'm really glad I went with CMS.
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

As long as you're still in the gym, training like a bawse lol
    haha of course, what are your next goals ashy?

Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome progress and log man!
    Wouldrep/10

parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in, i rmr you from like a year or two back, used to post under thesoldier

but yeah subbing
    500+

(UWaterloo 2018)

haha of course, what are your next goals ashy?
    I'd like to just bring up my squat and bench for now. I am GOING to hit 494 squat by the end of the year, and would love a 365 flat footed bench.

Originally Posted by Excl View Post
    Awesome progress and log man!
    Wouldrep/10
    Thanks, bud!
    Understand/10

Originally Posted by parachuter View Post
    in, i rmr you from like a year or two back, used to post under thesoldier

but yeah subbing
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about or who thesoldier is lol. I've always been ashylarryku.

Thanks, man!
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    insane total ashy, really good ****. in btw i need to learn some stuff from you
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~ CEO & Founder
    Traditional Wetshaving Crew
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146163903

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.
    Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential,
    It's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by xKyle10 View Post
    insane total ashy, really good ****. in btw i need to learn some stuff from you
    Thanks, Kyle! don't be afraid to drop me a question in here. I realize I'm nowhere near an expert and I still consider myself a beginner, but I'd like to think I have a little bit of experience under my belt and can tell what has and has not worked for me so far (more or less ).
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    NOTES: Squats felt amazing today. I did some foam rolling before as close to my groin as possible because that is where I'm most tight and tend to feel tender, and it helped a lot.

I decided to ditch my plan of running Sheiko #29 because I see no reason not to jump into CMS from the start. My total qualifies me to run it, and I'm no stranger to high volume training. I'm really glad I went with CMS.
    Foam rolling I swear is the only reason I can squat... I remember when I used to squat wide stance last year and I didn't foam roll and I would get the WORST groin tightness and it always felt like I was gonna strain it. Started foam rolling, and boom it went away.

Good to see you hoppin on the CMS, I know you're up for it. Interested to see how the intensity kicks up and if you'll be able to cope with it alright
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks, Kyle! don't be afraid to drop me a question in here. I realize I'm nowhere near an expert and I still consider myself a beginner, but I'd like to think I have a little bit of experience under my belt and can tell what has and has not worked for me so far (more or less ).
    will do, i actually could use some form critique on my lifts, i have them recorded for full workouts in my youtube channel/log you could check. im actually changing my squat form this next week to low bar and PL as I had major buttwink from going too low, so could use pointers on that the most, bench and my sumo form is pretty good, once i get to a certain weight on sumos my middle back rounds a tad but nothing serious/no pain from it
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~ CEO & Founder
    Traditional Wetshaving Crew
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146163903

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.
    Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential,
    It's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

Registered User AestheticAustin's Avatar
    AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AestheticAustin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strong lifting homeboy. Love how we train very similarly.

Foam rolling I swear is the only reason I can squat... I remember when I used to squat wide stance last year and I didn't foam roll and I would get the WORST groin tightness and it always felt like I was gonna strain it. Started foam rolling, and boom it went away.

Good to see you hoppin on the CMS, I know you're up for it. Interested to see how the intensity kicks up and if you'll be able to cope with it alright
    Yeah I definitely can't do wide stance squatting with the frequency I usually squat at haha.

I'm looking forward to getting after some heavier weights in the coming weeks!

Originally Posted by xKyle10 View Post
    will do, i actually could use some form critique on my lifts, i have them recorded for full workouts in my youtube channel/log you could check. im actually changing my squat form this next week to low bar and PL as I had major buttwink from going too low, so could use pointers on that the most, bench and my sumo form is pretty good, once i get to a certain weight on sumos my middle back rounds a tad but nothing serious/no pain from it
    I'll definitely check them out and see what I can do, but I'm no expert You can throw some vids up in here since that's easier, and then hopefully more guys can see and offer advice on top of what I can.

Originally Posted by AestheticAustin View Post
    Strong lifting homeboy. Love how we train very similarly.
    Thanks, man. I enjoy watching your training videos, we do lift similarly. Teach me how to bench more haha. You should make some more ranting videos also, I always enjoyed those.
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

I went to see Tenacious D in concert last night (amazing show) and slept in late this morning and had to rush to the gym to get a session in before work, so I haven't had time to post. But here is yesterday's and today's session:

Sheiko CMS Week 1 Day 5

A) Deadlift
    365 x 4
    425 x 3 x 2
    495 x 3 x 4
    495 x 4

B) Bench
    175 x 6
    210 x 5
    245 x 4 x 2
    265 x 2 x 3
    280 x 2
    280 x 5
    265 x 3 x 2
    245 x 4
    230 x 6
    210 x 8 (every rep was paused)
    175 x 10 close grip

C) Deadlift w/ Pause at Knees
    315 x 4
    365 x 4
    425 x 4 x 4 (sumo)

D) DB Floor Flyes
    25s x 10 x 5

E) Cable Abs
    130 x 10 x 4

F) Pullups
    BW x 10 x 2

Back and Biceps

I had the most insane pumps today. I literally woke up and went to the gym, so I didn't think I'd be move anything insanely heavy. Instead, I went for more controlled reps and I had a much better MMC as a result.

A) Neutral Grip Pulldowns
    210 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 6
    155 x 10

B) HS Pullovers (10 partial reps at the bottom, then 5 full ROM)
    4 sets

C) HS Rows
    3pps x 8 x 2
    3.5 pps x 6
    4pps x 10 (these were sloppy but I wanted to see what I could do)

D) Meadows Stretchers
    2 sets but wasn't feeling these so I stopped

E) HS Pulldowns (10 partials at the bottom, then 5 full ROM)
    2 sets

F) HS Preacher Curls (10 partials, 5 full ROM)
    4 sets, gaining entrance to pump city

G) Strict Pin Wheels with 2 second squeeze at top)
    30s x 10 x 4

H) Rope Hammer Curls ss/ Tricep Extensions
    4 sets

I'll leave it at that because I'm about to Skype my lady and then hit the sack.
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

Sheiko CMS Week 1 Day 5

A) Bench
    175 x 5
    210 x 4
    (245) x 3 x 2
    (280) x 3 x 4
    280 x 4

B) Squat
    225 x 5
    275 x 4
    320 x 3 x 2
    (365 x 3) x 5
    365 x 5 PR

C) Fat-Bar Bench
    180 x 5
    220 x 5
    (270 x 3) x 4
    270 x 7 PR

D) Floor Flyes
    25s x 10 x 5

E) Decline Situps
    BW x 10
    25 x 10 x 2

NOTES: This session was pretty amazing. I hit a 1 rep PR on squat, but it was after I had already hit a volume PR. The most I had done with 365 before this was 4 sets of 3, and they were all MUCH harder than the 5 sets of 3 I did here. The second round of benching probably went better than the first. Not that the first was bad, but I felt much stronger on the second round. The 270 x 7 is a decent PR, especially considering it was a fat bar and the last rep was paused.
    My training log:

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1