Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KfayeJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Posted New Pics Today~1st Comp in 11 Weeks~Advice?!

HeLLo FeLLoW BBs !!!
    My 1st competition for Bikini Division is June 11th!
    I am not planning to use a trainer, therefore doing my research & gathering tips/advice from fellow BBs & bikini gals ...Saturday was 12 weeks until my competition & I am just looking for detailed guidance. *mostly regarding diet/training*. I'm 5'2½" & my weight currently fluctuates between 112-116. I am already fairly lean, therefore will not need to *cut* much. My primary focus on building muscle/growth are my glutes & shoulders. Everything else seems to be 'up to par'. I've put together a meal plan after researching other bikini gals' -but of course, tweaking slightly to fit me. Again, I am just looking for some critique & any other advice that would be benefical for my 1st contest prep.... ***********************
    My Competition-Diet Meal Plan:
    Meal Standard**4oz protein, 1/2-1cup veggies, 1/2cup carbs, 1/4 fruit
    No high carbs/starches or fruits after meal 3

Meal 1: ½ cup oatmeal with 1/4 fruit
    5 egg whites w/ spinach & other veggies
    Meal 2: ½ cup PB2 w/celery sticks
    Protein drink
    Meal 3: Chicken/Fish & Spinach & Sweet potatoes
    Meal 4: Chicken & Green beans
    Meal 5: Chicken/Fish salad of spinach & broccoli slaw
    Meal 6: FF Cottage cheese or protein shake (only if still hungry)
    Thank you ALL in advance**Greatly appreciated !!!!
    ~•(♥)*•♥•*LiFt~•LaUgH•~LoVe*•♥•*(♥)•~
    "You can have ReSuLtS~or~You can have ExCuSeS~*~You CaNnOt have BoTh"

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Calories and macros? I'll be honest, you should do some reading on proper nutrition and dieting. There is nothing wrong with eating carbohydrates past a certain hour, there is no need to eat such frequent meals, and there is no need to go crazy over your diet like you are.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/cat...n-fundamentals

Try to read it all and get as much info as you can, good luck with your prep.
    Just a weight lifter

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i'm not a bikini gal, but i do have some advice if you're willing to take it

first, you wont be able to build muscle in a deficit (assuming that you are eating below maintenance). what you can do is try your best to preserve the muscle you have by lifting intensely and making sure you hit your protein goals

second, i wouldn't worry so much about getting all your carbs prior to 3pm... if thats what allows you to focus your carb intake around your workout then by all means continue that way. just keep in mind that hitting your macro goals is more important than meal timing. getting enough cal's during a diet is just as important as not eating too many

lastly, i would start practicing your posing now. i dunno how much background you have in it, but posing is a wicked awesome workout when done right, and it's very important. not sure how bikini works, but i know layne recommends that his BB's and figure girls start practicing a long way out so that they are conditioned for it

hope that helps!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Girl, no offense, but you post the same stuff over and over again.

You were told a couple of months ago in female section that you need to build more muscle, you disagreed. Fine, your choice.

I told you that for feedback on your diet you need to come up with total calories and macros, and now what happens - the first comment is the same freaking thing.
    Why are people posting and not bothering to read the comments?

As I said, no chance of building anything in 11 weeks.
    You need to give yourself at least a year to do a proper bulk.
    If you are going to do a show, you need to work with whatever physique you have now.

coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KfayeJ View Post
    HeLLo FeLLoW BBs !!!
    My 1st competition for Bikini Division is June 11th!
    I am not planning to use a trainer, therefore doing my research & gathering tips/advice from fellow BBs & bikini gals ...Saturday was 12 weeks until my competition & I am just looking for detailed guidance. *mostly regarding diet/training*. I'm 5'2½" & my weight currently fluctuates between 112-116. I am already fairly lean, therefore will not need to *cut* much. My primary focus on building muscle/growth are my glutes & shoulders. Everything else seems to be 'up to par'. I've put together a meal plan after researching other bikini gals' -but of course, tweaking slightly to fit me. Again, I am just looking for some critique & any other advice that would be benefical for my 1st contest prep.... ***********************
    My Competition-Diet Meal Plan:
    Meal Standard**4oz protein, 1/2-1cup veggies, 1/2cup carbs, 1/4 fruit
    No high carbs/starches or fruits after meal 3

Meal 1: ½ cup oatmeal with 1/4 fruit
    5 egg whites w/ spinach & other veggies
    Meal 2: ½ cup PB2 w/celery sticks
    Protein drink
    Meal 3: Chicken/Fish & Spinach & Sweet potatoes
    Meal 4: Chicken & Green beans
    Meal 5: Chicken/Fish salad of spinach & broccoli slaw
    Meal 6: FF Cottage cheese or protein shake (only if still hungry)
    Thank you ALL in advance**Greatly appreciated !!!!
    That looks like a good diet for 12 weeks out. Now, just track your scale weight, and more importantly skin fold measurements (about 1 mm/site per week). Try to drop about 1 lb a week on the scale. I would record scale readings daily since the scale will fluctuate a few pounds day to day, and more data points will give you a better idea than 1 reading each week. If you have Excel, put the scale numbers in a line graph and look for an overall downward trend of about 1 lb a week..the moving average is really what you want to trend to gage progress. Adjust daily calories down 300 per day if you do not see progress.
    As mentioned, you will have a hard time building muscle in slight caloric deficit, being relatively lean, and being a woman. Plan to work on these in the offseason as you "bulk up" with more calories.

Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000) Lathareo82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, all three comments were spot on, nothing to add. You're gonna have to go to greater depths as to exactly what you're putting into your body. We really can't do much when knowing what you're eating, we need the macronutrient breakdown to really take a close look. That article in the first response you got will clear up a lot for you if you read it and take the time to digest the information. Best of luck to you.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coltmasterj View Post
    That looks like a good diet for 12 weeks out. Now, just track your scale weight, and more importantly skin fold measurements (about 1 mm/site per week). Try to drop about 1 lb a week on the scale. I would record scale readings daily since the scale will fluctuate a few pounds day to day, and more data points will give you a better idea than 1 reading each week. If you have Excel, put the scale numbers in a line graph and look for an overall downward trend of about 1 lb a week..the moving average is really what you want to trend to gage progress. Adjust daily calories down 300 per day if you do not see progress.
    As mentioned, you will have a hard time building muscle in slight caloric deficit, being relatively lean, and being a woman. Plan to work on these in the offseason as you "bulk up" with more calories.
    Not when the girl weighs 113 pounds, she will lose too much LBM with weight loss of 1lb per week, IMO.

Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How does that look like a good diet if we have no clue what her daily macros are?
    Just a weight lifter

coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000) coltmasterj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    How does that look like a good diet if we have no clue what her daily macros are?
    I am going off looking at her menu and saying, "Yes. That looks like a reasonable starting point." Who really knows exactly how much she burns in a day. But, there are no high GI carbs in there, and she has a reasonable amount of fat and protein in the foods she eats. Yes, using macros is much better, but you can get an idea of what the distribution looks like by looking at the menu. She can then eliminate some foods or portions as she cuts calories. She has 12 weeks, and she claims she doesn't have to cut much.

KfayeJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Thank You all so far for your thoughts...*though it's a little more negative than I was expecting*all I can do is take it constructively & puah harder towards my goals.
    & FYI~ I do not understand how to calculate macros, etc...I have read the threads, but still can't figure out what I need to do?!...Please don't be disrespectful~I am just looking for help.
    ~•(♥)*•♥•*LiFt~•LaUgH•~LoVe*•♥•*(♥)•~
    "You can have ReSuLtS~or~You can have ExCuSeS~*~You CaNnOt have BoTh"

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Not when the girl weighs 113 pounds, she will lose too much LBM with weight loss of 1lb per week, IMO.
    You are probably right since my scaling may be a little off for women. A half to 3/4 a pound a week is probably more right on.

Thank You all so far for your thoughts...*though it's a little more negative than I was expecting*all I can do is take it constructively & puah harder towards my goals.
    & FYI~ I do not understand how to calculate macros, etc...I have read the threads, but still can't figure out what I need to do?!...Please don't be disrespectful~I am just looking for help.
    It's not negative at all.
    *sighs*
    Contest prep has to be much more exact than just working out and eating right.
    I'm bulking and get away with estimating and not tracking precisely most of the days.
    If I were in contest prep right now I would track everything.
    Believe me, I'm not trying to be mean to you when I'm telling you won't build much in 11 weeks. I've been busting my ass for 6 months on the current bulk and added 5-6 pounds of total weight. It's not easy at all for women to build lean tissue.
    I'd suggest hiring a coach.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Last edited by juliacheh; 03-25-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Macros are referring to macronutrients, Protein/Fat/Carbs. Pick a calorie target. For you, that would be 300-400 cals below maintenance level. You should know how much that is at this point.

Take the calorie target and determine how much protein, fat and carbs to eat. A conservative approach would be an isocaloric diet where you get equal calories from each macronutrient.
    For example, say you are eating 1200 cals/day. That's 400 cals from each of the 3 macros. Divide 400 by 4 to get the grams of protein and carbs. That would be 100 grams of protein and 100 grams of carbs. For fat, take 400 and divide by 9. That would be 44 grams of fat.

I am going off looking at her menu and saying, "Yes. That looks like a reasonable starting point." Who really knows exactly how much she burns in a day. But, there are no high GI carbs in there, and she has a reasonable amount of fat and protein in the foods she eats. Yes, using macros is much better, but you can get an idea of what the distribution looks like by looking at the menu. She can then eliminate some foods or portions as she cuts calories. She has 12 weeks, and she claims she doesn't have to cut much.
    What's wrong with high GI carbs in the first place? Nothing.
    Just a weight lifter

Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    What's wrong with high GI carbs in the first place? Nothing.
    There is a difference in insulin response...

N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We dont care what you eat, we just wanna know your overall macro's for the day.
    PSN: KILLEMALLDNTFRNT

There is a difference in insulin response...
    Oh please man...you know better than this...
    Caloric deficit>insulin
    and carbs are rarely eaten in isolation in fasted state

Caloric deficit>insulin
    This.

You got an IV pumpin glucose into you? Are you sedentary throughout the whole day? You in a hypercaloric state while doing all of this?

lol
    Just a weight lifter

Caloric deficit>insulin
    Yes. I agree. Caloric deficit is essential, but we all know that what you put in for the calories does make a difference when the body determines the muscle to fat loss ratio. There is a reason why you don't eat candy bars over rice/yams, etc. when cutting. If GI didn't matter, then I'd eat candy bars over rice (for the same grams of carbs) anyday.

Yes. I agree. Caloric deficit is essential, but we all know that what you put in for the calories does make a difference when the body determines the muscle to fat loss ratio. There is a reason why you don't eat candy bars over rice/yams, etc. when cutting. If GI didn't matter, then I'd eat candy bars over rice (for the same grams of carbs) anyday.
    You know that GI of table sugar is low and that the GI of Snickers bar is lower than GI of oats?
    Diet should be built around WHOLE OR MINIMALLY PROCESSED FOODS, not GI.
    Please nobody is saying anything about eating candy all day, why do you (by you I mean anti-IIFYM people)always have to go into these extreme examples?
    I cut to a bikini level of bodyfat last year and ate some chocolate every day, and even muffins made from white flour.
    Last edited by juliacheh; 03-25-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: forgot smth

N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    do it! i dare you

You know that GI of table sugar is low and that the GI of Snickers bar is lower than GI of oats?
    Diet should be built around WHOLE OR MINIMALLY PROCESSED FOODS, not GI.
    Please nobody is saying anything about eating candy all day, why do you (by you I mean anti-IIFYM people)always have to go into these extreme examples?
    I cut to a bikini level of bodyfat last year and ate some chocolate every day, and even muffins made from white flour.
    You may be right. And, you can eat some candy while prepping, but my point is that food choices do matter in getting you where you want to go. Yes, highly processed food should be avoided in the final weeks of cutting.

Talking

Originally Posted by N01SYtZ View Post
    do it! i dare you
    I am proud to be a natural bodybuilder, but I will not resort to that to prove I still have some balls.

You may be right. And, you can eat some candy while prepping, but my point is that food choices do matter in getting you where you want to go. Yes, highly processed food should be avoided in the final weeks of cutting.
    I would say two reasons for this
    - high to fit these foods in hypocaloric diet
    - whole foods give more satiety
    Effect on body composition - arguable issue.

I would say two reasons for this
    - high to fit these foods in hypocaloric diet
    - whole foods give more satiety
    Effect on body composition - arguable issue.
    Agreed. Good additional points to consider. I think when I am in caloric deficit, I'd rather eat something like a salad over something small and calorie dense. When bulking, it is the other way for me.

Agreed. Good additional points to consider. I think when I am in caloric deficit, I'd rather eat something like a salad over something small and calorie dense. When bulking, it is the other way for me.
    Duh, I meant hard to fit, good that we came to an agreement

I am proud to be a natural bodybuilder, but I will not resort to that to prove I still have some balls.
    haha, seriously someone should do this just for fun.
    get all there carbs frmo like jolly ranchers or something lol

Originally Posted by N01SYtZ View Post
    haha, seriously someone should do this just for fun.
    get all there carbs frmo like jolly ranchers or something lol

Well...you're prepping right now. You should give it a try, and patent it if it works. LOL.
    I have to admit that I have eaten pizza deep into prep before and it probably did more help than harm. And Julia says that she did ok eating some more refined carbs in the late stages. It is a debatable topic with no clear answer I guess.

Well...you're prepping right now. You should give it a try, and patent it if it works. LOL.
    I have to admit that I have eaten pizza deep into prep before and it probably did more help than harm. And Julia says that she did ok eating some more refined carbs in the late stages. It is a debatable topic with no clear answer I guess.
    no, i eat a lot of things people would consider ' garbage ' or ' dirty ' and i been losing weight beautifully.
    i'mdown from 253 to 213. in 16 weeks. i look and feel a lot better.
    but im not goign to try it on my 1st prep lol i mean today i had a muffin with nutella on it and it fit so i aint stressing it.

I have to clarify, I wasn't prepping for a show, but I cut on my own and could do a show if I wanted, I just don't care about bikini.