Brewsbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee issue, input appreciated

Hello, I'm 51 years young and wanted to see if I could just get some input/thoughts on my knee issue. I am currently waiting on MRI results and to see my 2nd orthopedic doc in a few days. I will try to keep short.

Around 9 weeks ago I awoke with a swollen right knee. I had done some light squats day before(I only lift to stay in a bit of shape). there was tightness around knee and behind. For 4 weeks I just dealt with it. Hurting with sudden movements and stairs, no working out any legs at all. Five weeks ago I felt a lump on back of knee. about 2" long and 1" thick. Thought it was a muscle bulge or something. Went to stretch a little and heard a loud 'pop'. Wife even heard it. right away lump completely gone. two days later, pain all way down leg with swollen/sore calf and ankle. Went to primary doc and he says I ruptured a Bakers cyst. Took xrays and set me up for MRI, ultrasound and orthopedic doc visit. The 1st ortho doc visit was just a short talk and doc telling me to see another doc.

Its been 9 weeks total now and ankle/calf swelling has been down for a week. My knee still hurts the same as 9 weeks ago. Pain inside, front left quarter of knee. I can also feel what seems like a slight tear feeling on back. any sudden movement, or funny steps and there is pain.

Now, primary doc has just emailed me saying ultrasound(done on back of knee) shows the cyst and fluid buildup. Says probably from a calf injury, not knee. No mention of MRI. Says to wait for orthopedic visit in a few days(this will be 2nd ortho visit).

So, I have only had calf pain once that cyst ruptured 5 weeks ago. How can a cyst, and my knee pain, be caused by an calf injury if i had zero calf pain for the first month of my knee injury? Every single thing i have read is the bakers cyst was caused by something wrong in knee, letting the fluid escape. Just thought i would get thoughts before my doc visit in a few days.

thank you for reading/input.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go to the ortho visit and get the MRI ordered so you can figure out what is going on.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Brewsbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks. in my hast to try and keep post short, I left out MRI has been done. I should have results when I see this 2nd ortho doc thursday. Once I got the word from my primary doc this morning on the ultrasound, I then decided to see what others thought. My primary doc is really into generalizing everything. if one person has a weird pain, then everyone with that same pain has the same thing.