Thread: symmetry

maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

symmetry

Ok. So I've been working out for a few months now. I'm making some progress. Enjoying and looking forward to the workouts after work. But I'm encountering more symmetry problems than when I did my old workout routine. lol.
    I used to do barbell curls than seated dumbbell curls on the incline bench. I always noticed my left bicep was bigger and stronger than the right. So this time I stayed away from barbells and started doing bilat dumbbell curls, followed by the seated incline bench dumbell curls. Both arms are growing more. And the strength seems to be equal.
    I've been switching things up and doing the curls with a twist in the wrist now for the past few months. It really brings the forearms into play. NOW THE ARM DIFFERENCE IS REALLY NOTICABLE! An acquaintance at the gym tonight commented "Its starting to show" (Pointing at his own biceps). I thanked him, but said "check this out". I showed him my arm difference. lol. He said "oh yeah I can see it now". Great that just what I wanted to hear! SH!T! lol.
    Here is the pic taken tonight. Note my left forearm, its thicker than my right. It has greater development than my right. Also, the distal portion of the bicep is really "popping at the attachment point now". Overall the right has grown more, but not at the rate of the left.

How do I fix this???????????????????????
    Do I do 3 sets left arm, 4 sets the right?
    I've noticed in the mirror when I work out. My left shoulder will move down and forward and my elbow will push forward as I curl up. The pump is great. My right arm, the shoulder or elbow doesn't do the same thing and the pump is ok, especially at the forearm. I know that my left shoulder/shoulder blade can articulate to show the trap muscle but my right shoulder/shoulder blade cant. I think that has something to do with it. (?)
    If anyone has encountered problems like this and how to solve it, by all means point me in the right direction.
    Oh, and I'm a righty, but my left is bigger??

-Frank
    Last edited by maggioracing; 03-24-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: adding a pic

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chances are it may be a genetic anomaly and one that all of us share with one body part or the other. Very very common.

Chances are it isnt nearly as noticeable as you THINK it is and probably totally unnoticeable by anyone other than who you point it out to.

Hint hint.....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You really can't tell

You only notice it because they're your arms!

You look fine, try not to worry

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some degree of asymmetry is normal -- My right arm is bigger than the left, left pec bigger than right, left calf bigger than right. These are pretty salient to me, but nobody else can really tell (although one person did notice the calf asymmetry...lol). I wouldn't worry unless the asymmetry is substantial.

If you measure your bicep and forearm, how different are they? I've got about 1/4 inch difference between my left and right arm, but at one point, the difference was almost 3/4 inch.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Even top level pros have some degree of asymmetry. Of course 1/2" difference shows more when you're small. So keep at it and get bigger, and it probably won't be as obvious.
    Overweight and arrogant