jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Body stores fat if it thinks its starving?

If this is true then why were Holocaust victims skinny? There must be more to this concept than what ignorant people are talking about it.

i keep hearing people preach this shyt, that i HAVE to have a cheat meal in order for my body to think its not starving. But I srsly dont want to cheat. Im perfectly fine cutting without cheating.

what should I do?
    Your cage has no bars.

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with what you're saying about starvation mode, it is broscience..

But usually they just tell you to have a cheat meal to help you stay on your diet or structured refeeds to help boost metabolism/refill glycogen.
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Msaki75 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying about starvation mode, it is broscience..

But usually they just tell you to have a cheat meal to help you stay on your diet or structured refeeds to help boost metabolism/refill glycogen.
    Is this really a necessary thing to do, or can I cut just as well without a refeed?

To me, cheat meals just remind me of what im missing and just "recharge" my cravings so id rather just be at a deficit all the time during my cut.
    Your cage has no bars.

IntensityBuildsImmensity demolished851's Avatar
    demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm pretty sure the body stores the fat, but then it will later use the fat as energy. The Holocaust reference is pretty much irrelevant because they were starved to death. They obviously are not going to have any fat left on the body.

Originally Posted by demolished851 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the body stores the fat, but then it will later use the fat as energy. The Holocaust reference is pretty much irrelevant because they were starved to death. They obviously are not going to have any fat left on the body.
    so if we starve a little bit then the body wants to store it, but if we starve dangerously then the body just it?

Something is unclear about this starvation mode concept...
    i guess im just a little worried because iv been at a deficit for a while now and haven't really lost much.

Crossing my fingers and waiting for that "woosh effect"
    Your cage has no bars.

msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jonnyspaghettio View Post
    so if we starve a little bit then the body wants to store it, but if we starve dangerously then the body just it?

Something is unclear about this starvation mode concept...
    i guess im just a little worried because iv been at a deficit for a while now and haven't really lost much.

Crossing my fingers and waiting for that "woosh effect"
    How big of a deficit? How accurate have you been with your calorie counting? How are you macros? If you aren't seeing the results you want, you have to change something to get them.

It's very possible that you calculated your maintenance calories wrong or you are eating more than you think you are.

Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Msaki75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is this really a necessary thing to do, or can I cut just as well without a refeed?

To me, cheat meals just remind me of what im missing and just "recharge" my cravings so id rather just be at a deficit all the time during my cut.

IMO it Depends on bodyfat %, you could benefit from it if you are doing long bouts of cutting, have low carb intake. Some guys that are very lean (sub 10%) do 2 refeeds a week.

If you dont want to cheat or refeed then just wait until you happen to have a horrible craving for something or go out to with friends, etc.. I use to never cheat or refeed but in the past few months i've noticed better results being more relaxed on my diet (IIFYM and refeeds)
    Firefighter/EMT/Personal Trainer

Instagram: Msaki_ftns
    PSN: Thexleadxfarmer

Rep back 4k+

Originally Posted by msmartsmart View Post
    How big of a deficit? How accurate have you been with your calorie counting? How are you macros? If you aren't seeing the results you want, you have to change something to get them.

It's very possible that you calculated your maintenance calories wrong or you are eating more than you think you are.
    500 cals. Im always OCD accurate when I cut too.
    Is it possible im just packing on water? I heard this happens after lifting...
    Your cage has no bars.

Originally Posted by Msaki75 View Post
    IMO it Depends on bodyfat %, you could benefit from it if you are doing long bouts of cutting, have low carb intake. Some guys that are very lean (sub 10%) do 2 refeeds a week.

If you dont want to cheat or refeed then just wait until you happen to have a horrible craving for something or go out to with friends, etc.. I use to never cheat or refeed but in the past few months i've noticed better results being more relaxed on my diet (IIFYM and refeeds)
    this is exactly what I do. And strangely enough, after I have that brief binge I look leaner the next morning. Then a couples days back on a deficit Im back to looking like no progress has been made.
    Your cage has no bars.

phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    don't worry about it, your body only goes in to starvation mode and stores fat after about 72 hours.

doubt u've ever fasted for that long. read the leangains website if u dont believe me, theres an article on it
    Newcomer to the IIFYM Crew and loving it

msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    500 cals. Im always OCD accurate when I cut too.
    Is it possible im just packing on water? I heard this happens after lifting...
    I always thought that I was creating a big enough deficit to lose weight, but I wasn't losing weight. I then created a bigger deficit and I started losing weight. If it has been longer than a month and you aren't seeing results, I think it's time to change something.

jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayemadd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this is exactly what I do. And strangely enough, after I have that brief binge I look leaner the next morning. Then a couples days back on a deficit Im back to looking like no progress has been made.
    Maybe mental? Just sayin'.

A&P taught me starvation mode is a myth. You're body will continue using fat as fuel until you are <5% body fat, then it will slowly begin to break down it's own tissues for energy, then start to shut down.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    The trick is to keep breathing...

Eat to live; don't live to eat.