Thread: Lactic Acid ?

tm4chng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lactic Acid ?

I have this problem with shaky limbs upon finishing or nearing the end of a workout. Sometimes this goes into the rest of the day. In the past couple years since started lifting more weights I notice it's worse. I've been told in past years this is lactic acid built up inside the muscles. If so, then how can I make it go away or at least less noticeable hours later when I'm out and about and still trembling like an old lady???

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can't, it gets embarrassing when trying to walk down a flight of stairs and your legs give way, or walking up stairs makes you grimace and your legs tighten up to chronic status, or you try to have a cup of coffee in a cafe and your hands shake like the cup is electrocuted - its the way it is unfortunately but i can say your not the only one to get this after a workout.

Its another reason i can't figure out why some people say they do cardio after training legs, i don't find it to be possible unless i did some very light leg work.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tm4chng View Post
    I have this problem with shaky limbs upon finishing or nearing the end of a workout. Sometimes this goes into the rest of the day. In the past couple years since started lifting more weights I notice it's worse. I've been told in past years this is lactic acid built up inside the muscles. If so, then how can I make it go away or at least less noticeable hours later when I'm out and about and still trembling like an old lady???
    What is your nutrition like before/after workout??

Are you getting enough cals and macros?

Lactic acid should not affect you for hours after a workout in such a manner, shaking and trembling to get that last set in is normal, but it should not be for the rest of the day.

How long have you been training and what is your level of current training like?
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lactic acid is the burning feeling in the muscles. Although there's some recent debate as to whether or not lactic acid is the true cause. Shakiness can be from the hard work you did in the gym. It's not unusual to walk funny or have trouble using a pen. But there's another kind of shakiness that can comes from lack of food pre and/or post workout. If eating something helps, then you know you need to do a better job with your diet and food timing. If food doesn't help, well then you gave your muscles a good workout!

SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i get that sometimes too, especially after doing multiple sets of maxing pullups, i find eating a lot of protein and taking bcaa's help

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tm4chng View Post
    Your muscles are tired. Tired muscles shake. There's nothing you can do about it.

Inconspicuous female. JennaClaire's Avatar
    JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lactic acid: is a useful product of metabolism! Lactic acid itself does not cause any sort of fatigue or soreness. Hydrogen ions associated with the onset of lactic acid cause a drop in pH levels of the blood. Associated with this, we see difficulty in the binding of contractile proteins with the filaments of muscle. While I don't know why you're muscles are shaking, but the drop in pH would explain if you are feeling at all tired. Soreness is caused by microtears in the the muscle fascia and fibers.
    "Impatience never commanded success."

Thanks for the advice and recommendations everyone. All helpful., will see how it goes after about a month or so, then I'm considering taking beta-alanine. I've started taking bcaa's this past week and already can tell a slight change in my recovery afterwards.

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    What is your nutrition like before/after workout??

Are you getting enough cals and macros?

Lactic acid should not affect you for hours after a workout in such a manner, shaking and trembling to get that last set in is normal, but it should not be for the rest of the day.

How long have you been training and what is your level of current training like?
    I follow a anabolic-type diet. I started the initial phase I part just this week. Got 4more days to go. I've had measureable results from a eating plan very similar to this one in the past. It works and works effectively for me especially considering my PCOS issue.
    I also like the fact of not counting, weighing or measuring anything.

I just got back into a routine couple months ago, working out religiously.(you can check out my bodyspace on my wrkt program I'm doing for right now. Recently switch around the plan due to extremely slow weightloss last month. Mainly my prescripton meds was causing that. The scale is FINALLY moving and I'm feeling happy about that.
    The whole weight lifting thing is new for me.,(didnt start until 35, then had the injury) so I welcome any advice.

svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is correct. Most likely, this is due to inflammation post traumatic injury. Rest, ice, compression, elevation, and massage can all help.
    Don't give up. Keep fighting. Fight every day. When you get knocked down, get back up. You can do it. You will do it. There is no other way.

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SaliorUSN View Post
    i get that sometimes too, especially after doing multiple sets of maxing pullups, i find eating a lot of protein and taking bcaa's help
    How much does it help you? Mine is nowhere near the help indicated or suggested by rock angel or the above svespie, at the very most the big eating gives maybe a fraction better, but nothing special and i don't think rock angel or the svespie knows the deep tight feeling we are talking about here, i was agreeing with free bird mac theres nothing else i can do about it.

Its tired muscle and micro tearing, nothing to do with diet in such a way, could also be blood still engorged in the muscle or thats how it feels.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wide lats View Post
    How much does it help you? Mine is nowhere near the help indicated or suggested by rock angel or the above svespie, at the very most the big eating gives maybe a fraction better, but nothing special and i don't think rock angel or the svespie knows the deep tight feeling we are talking about here, i was agreeing with free bird mac theres nothing else i can do about it.

Its tired muscle and micro tearing, nothing to do with diet in such a way, could also be blood still engorged in the muscle or thats how it feels.
    If you are shaking and trembleing all day after a workout, then either your diet is off in some way, or your workouts are too intense and are causing you more harm than good.

And the op never answered any questions so really i cant tell at this point.

It has nothing to do with "knowing that deep tight feeling", since this is an indication that something is wrong.

You either need to eat correctly or change the workouts. It should not be happening everyday for years. This is an indication of something being off. Once in a while yes, after a very intense workout, but you should not be training at that intensity all the time day in and day out for years.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iskierka23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

shaking and trembling to get that last set in is normal
    I love this feeling so much!

xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xraychick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've always heard that muscle building and such is hard on the central nervous system. perhaps this is the issue. try taking vitamins that help boost the cns and see if that helps.
    If you only knew the power of the dark side!