Page 199 of 235 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 7037
    Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HardHitter2k9 View Post
    What are you guys eating whenever you are hungry? I have my meals but want to snack on something but don't know what I can eat. Broccoli?
    You can eat as much veg as you like.

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Deavastation View Post
    I am starting this program on Monday. Extremely excited. I am a college student, so from 9am-6pm I am generally busy. Would you guys recommend an early workout like 6am, or a later one at around 7ishpm? I will implement cardio both before and after the workout, but am going to try and plan for no more than an hour and a half per workout due to possible time constraints. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!
    Pick the time of day that suits who you are. Some people are morning people, some people are night. It just comes down to you. You'd be better off splitting your cardio one post workout and one at the other end of the day. Cardio can be walking up stairs so you don't need to commit to spending the time going somewhere to do it.

If you have time issues, you can always split your routine and do half at one time and the other half later on.

FitNessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adrian77 View Post
    You won't add much muscle on this program at all. If you lost 10% of your body fat, the reduction in your legs will be greater than the muscle you add to them. If you look at the number of reps/set Kris uses, it makes it almost impossible to get huge legs anyway.
    Thank you Adrian!
    NO MORE EXCUSES!

Vanessa Nicholas
    Karratha,
    Western Australia

HardHitter2k9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Deavastation View Post
    I am starting this program on Monday. Extremely excited. I am a college student, so from 9am-6pm I am generally busy. Would you guys recommend an early workout like 6am, or a later one at around 7ishpm? I will implement cardio both before and after the workout, but am going to try and plan for no more than an hour and a half per workout due to possible time constraints. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!
    I just started the program on Saturday so take my advice with a grain of salt. I work 9 to 6 sometimes 8 to 7 so what I'm planning to do is wakeup around 7 eat my egg whites and get my 20 minutes of cardio in. This will get me into work on time and then I'll hit the actual weight workout with last 20 minutes of cardio in the evening after work.

mikewither29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm kind of used to doing morning cardio on an empty stomach. Have no idea how I can eat egg whites or oats and then follow it up with cardio.

Is it really required, can we still do the morning cardio on an empty stomach? I always thought (based on reading only ) that cardio on an empty stomach is actually more beneficial?

Originally Posted by mikewither29 View Post
    I'm kind of used to doing morning cardio on an empty stomach. Have no idea how I can eat egg whites or oats and then follow it up with cardio.

Is it really required, can we still do the morning cardio on an empty stomach? I always thought (based on reading only ) that cardio on an empty stomach is actually more beneficial?
    Cardio is walking, hell you should be able to eat and walk at the same time.

If eating first thing is an issue, try blending some oats into some water and protein powder and drinking that. Kris believes that you may be able to burn more fat while fasted but you are more prone to burning muscle too.

Flippedthe6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone, I started this program again last week in an attempt to actually complete it. So far from week 1 I am down 10 pounds. Although the diet is bland, I'm pretty sure I don't mind it any more. Hopefully in 11 weeks I will be close to my goal. Enjoy the gym today Everyone. I know I did
    Keep on Dreaming even if it breaks you're heart.

Krabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys wanted to know if this would be a good program even if u dont wanna lose alot of wait

Krabz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weight* eheh

theshrew69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im going to start this tomo i like the idea of having a plan to stick to.

I have a small problem with the leg workout i wont be able to do the Leg press lying hamstring curl i have no way of doing them.

Can i do something else to replace them ? I dont really want to start off missing something out from the off.

Any advice welcome

Originally Posted by Krabz View Post
    Guys wanted to know if this would be a good program even if u dont wanna lose alot of wait
    Only do this program if you want to lose fat. Or only do it until you are at a level you are after.

Originally Posted by theshrew69 View Post
    Im going to start this tomo i like the idea of having a plan to stick to.

I have a small problem with the leg workout i wont be able to do the Leg press lying hamstring curl i have no way of doing them.

Can i do something else to replace them ? I dont really want to start off missing something out from the off.

Any advice welcome
    I am assuming you are using a home gym. Any exercise that is similar will be fine. eg weighted wall squats, lunges, Romanian Squats, glute ham raises

At the end of the day, it's not the exercises themselves that are important, it's the fact that you are doing HIIT style training 5 hours a week.

HardHitter2k9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok guys, HUGE question.

What are you guys eating? So far I've been eating ground beef with rice as my meals and it is getting old fast haha.

I made some chicken breast in balsamic and artichoke hearts and it was pretty good.

So far literally the only things I've been eating are:

Rice
    Chicken
    Ground Beef
    Oats
    Water
    Protein Shakes
    Coffee

Is there anything else I can make so things don't get too repetitive?

I guess a better question is, what are the aspects we are trying to stay away from? for example, soy, salt, sugar, etc.

postgrad21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I miss my morning cardio can I add it on top of my evening cardio by doing 40 minutes?

phealey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So first week completed for me, dropped 3.5kg (7.7lbs). Pretty happy with that result, have followed the training to the letter. I'm not following the diet though, rather I'm just putting myself in a 500-700kcal daily deficit and ensuring the protein is around 220 to 250g a day and the fat remains low. I figured it would be interesting to see how my results compare with others on the official diet, I also think that diet is pure madness and not healthly So long as I'm getting decent results I'll continue with this plan.

You can't pack a bag with food and bring it in at the start of the day to this venue? I'm sure if you really tried, there would be an alternative better than eating high GI carbs all day. It may not be perfect but surely you could minimise the damage.

Worse case scenario is that you eat the junk but still eat at a deficit. You can use this site to get a rough estimate.There is no reason why you need to be eating above or at maintenance.
    Thanks for your response, unforunately taking my food won't be an option. I will just keep an eye on my calories and add protein in drink form and hit up some HIIT as you suggest.

Originally Posted by HardHitter2k9 View Post
    Ok guys, HUGE question.

What are you guys eating? So far I've been eating ground beef with rice as my meals and it is getting old fast haha.

I made some chicken breast in balsamic and artichoke hearts and it was pretty good.

So far literally the only things I've been eating are:

Rice
    Chicken
    Ground Beef
    Oats
    Water
    Protein Shakes
    Coffee

Is there anything else I can make so things don't get too repetitive?

I guess a better question is, what are the aspects we are trying to stay away from? for example, soy, salt, sugar, etc.

You are trying to avoid high GI and carbs beyond what has been prescribed.

For protein, how about fish, crustaceans, mushrooms, tofu, pork tenderloin, leg lamb.

Here is a table to compare: http://www.porkbeinspired.com/nutrit...mparepork.aspx

3oz of lamb leg is about 109 calories

Vegetables: anything that is not a seed or a variety of white potato is ok. Stem vegetables are the best.

Carbs: Rice (brown or long grain white),

All herbs and spices are ok to use. If you are clueless then just buy a pre-mixed rub.

Salt is not recommended but the only thing it affects is water retention. Has nothing to do with fat loss. So unless you are going for a photo shoot, you probably don't care and would rather have soy sauce and salt.

Originally Posted by postgrad21 View Post
    If I miss my morning cardio can I add it on top of my evening cardio by doing 40 minutes?
    It's not preferable but it's better than missing it.

Originally Posted by phealey View Post
    So first week completed for me, dropped 3.5kg (7.7lbs). Pretty happy with that result, have followed the training to the letter. I'm not following the diet though, rather I'm just putting myself in a 500-700kcal daily deficit and ensuring the protein is around 220 to 250g a day and the fat remains low. I figured it would be interesting to see how my results compare with others on the official diet, I also think that diet is pure madness and not healthly So long as I'm getting decent results I'll continue with this plan.

Thanks for your response, unforunately taking my food won't be an option. I will just keep an eye on my calories and add protein in drink form and hit up some HIIT as you suggest.
    It's not a forever diet, that's for sure. I don't think it's intended to be. If you feel you are able to control the variables without following the diet then that's fine. The first two weeks, your weight loss will look big but water weight is a big percentage of this. Do not be surprised if you lose hardly anything on week 3. But if you continue to lose more than 1kg after week 3 then you are going too fast and will either burn too much muscle or crash your metabolism or both.

It's not preferable but it's better than missing it.
    Thanks, you are quite a helpful bb.com user ! I've seen your posts all round here, very helpful keep it u

You're from Australia also, what are you doing for the supplements? I know a lot of them can't be purchased easily.

Thanks, you are quite a helpful bb.com user ! I've seen your posts all round here, very helpful keep it u

You're from Australia also, what are you doing for the supplements? I know a lot of them can't be purchased easily.
    You're very welcome. Just paying it forward

I have Australian friends and they still buy from bb.com

Musclepharm combat powder is on sale at the moment. Even with shipping it's still A LOT cheaper than buying it locally. Banana or chocolate are good options. Tastes great in water.

The only ones you probably can't get are the thermogenics but you don't really need them.

All you need is a good protein (combat powder), creatine monohydrate (ON is good and dirt cheap) and possibly a pre-workout (Craze Raspberry flavour). The rest is just crap that you either don't need or doesn't work at all.

@Adrian77

Since you know so much about the Kris Gethin 12 Week Program (Hardcore), do you recommend following the nutrition EXACTLY?

I don't normally consume such a large amount of carbohydrates and my training intensity is fairly high if not higher.

What are your recommendations?

I only bothered with the stuff I already had/take:

Multivitamin
    Fish Oil
    Whey (which I get from Protein Direct)

Other than that, Creatine seems like the only other worthwhile option. I'm firmly in the "supps are a waste of money" camp though so I'm bias

lebanesekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys -

been working out for 5 months now so I am still a bit of an amateur. Always had trouble finding the right goals for me in terms of mass gain. I am 6 foot 2, 203 pounds, size 34 waist, 12-16% body fat. Is this a right level to start with this workout, or should I still focus on gaining more mass?

Thanks!

It's not a forever diet, that's for sure. I don't think it's intended to be. If you feel you are able to control the variables without following the diet then that's fine. The first two weeks, your weight loss will look big but water weight is a big percentage of this. Do not be surprised if you lose hardly anything on week 3. But if you continue to lose more than 1kg after week 3 then you are going too fast and will either burn too much muscle or crash your metabolism or both.
    For sure - I've succesfully cut a fair few times now on a simple IFYM (50/30/20 split) with good results so I feel like I know how I will get the best results for my body/metabolism. I also like to be able to eat things like salads, a wide range of veg and multigrain breads which means I have options for going out.

Sadly my first week just knocked off my xmas holiday weight, so I'm essentially back now at the weight I had been for the last 12 months. All uphill from here

@Adrian77

Since you know so much about the Kris Gethin 12 Week Program (Hardcore), do you recommend following the nutrition EXACTLY?

I don't normally consume such a large amount of carbohydrates and my training intensity is fairly high if not higher.

What are your recommendations?
    The calorie recommendations is purposely higher initially to make sure you have enough to cope with the 5 x 1+ hours of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and the 280+ mins of LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) training each week. It also helps to reset guys who have been dieting before starting the program to make sure their thyroid is kicked into gear. If you have been dieting up until now, then you should do something similar.

Each week you will be cutting calories and/or increasing cardio so there are plenty of opportunities to adjust where necessary to keep you within the 1-2lb weekly weight loss target range.

The hard part for Kris is making things one size fit all so nobody can f`uck it up and blame him. So everything tends to be very black and white. If you know what you are doing then you can afford to be more grey. I'd recommend running what you are eating now, and as long as you don't lose more than 2lbs and no less than 1lb then you can continue. The key is being able to measure how much you eat daily so you know what impact reductions will make to your body.

When you plateau, simply decrease your calories by about 10% and see what happens the following week. Kris reduces carbs by 25% each time which works out to be roughly the same considering most people start somewhere around 2500-3000 calories. Keeping protein high makes it easier because it takes 30% more energy to break down meat than carb and it also keeps you fuller longer.

Use this site to work out where you are now: www.swole.me
    Last edited by Adrian77; 01-07-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Originally Posted by lebanesekid View Post
    Hey guys -

been working out for 5 months now so I am still a bit of an amateur. Always had trouble finding the right goals for me in terms of mass gain. I am 6 foot 2, 203 pounds, size 34 waist, 12-16% body fat. Is this a right level to start with this workout, or should I still focus on gaining more mass?

Thanks!
    Do this program while eating 500 calories less than your maintenance (you should be losing about 1lb/week). Once you get to about 10-12% BF then you can eat at about a 300 surplus until you get up to 15%BF at which point you need to go back to a cutting cycle.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=147447933

This program should last you at least 6-12 months.
    Last edited by Adrian77; 01-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.

For sure - I've succesfully cut a fair few times now on a simple IFYM (50/30/20 split) with good results so I feel like I know how I will get the best results for my body/metabolism. I also like to be able to eat things like salads, a wide range of veg and multigrain breads which means I have options for going out.

Sadly my first week just knocked off my xmas holiday weight, so I'm essentially back now at the weight I had been for the last 12 months. All uphill from here
    As long as you are losing about 1.5-2lbs each week then go for it. You want to get to about 200lbs this time around. Take two weeks off eating at maintenance with lots of carbs then go for 180lbs. After that you need to do a reverse diet before you start bulking:

ps that is not me lol

The calorie recommendations is purposely higher initially to make sure you have enough to cope with the 5 x 1+ hours of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and the 280+ mins of LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) training each week. It also helps to reset guys who have been dieting before starting the program to make sure their thyroid is kicked into gear. If you have been dieting up until now, then you should do something similar.

Each week you will be cutting calories and/or increasing cardio so there are plenty of opportunities to adjust where necessary to keep you within the 1-2lb weekly weight loss target range.

The hard part for Kris is making things one size fit all so nobody can f`uck it up and blame him. So everything tends to be very black and white. If you know what you are doing then you can afford to be more grey. I'd recommend running what you are eating now, and as long as you don't lose more than 2lbs and no less than 1lb then you can continue. The key is being able to measure how much you eat daily so you know what impact reductions will make to your body.

When you plateau, simply decrease your calories by about 10% and see what happens the following week. Kris reduces carbs by 25% each time which works out to be roughly the same considering most people start somewhere around 2500-3000 calories. Keeping protein high makes it easier because it takes 30% more energy to break down meat than carb and it also keeps you fuller longer.

Use this site to work out where you are now:

Sweet. Thanks for that reply, I can't seem to find where it describes HIIT and LISS sessions in the trainer? Currently at Day 2

Also, Isn't it better using the exact label values as I use them and record in MyfitnessPal ? That site is very generic so it's hard to get the exact values of what I'm consuming here in Aus.
    Last edited by postgrad21; 01-07-2013 at 10:41 PM.

TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAesir will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys I'm interested in starting this program but I have a few questions:

My gym doesn't have a hack squat machine... what's a suitable exercise to use as an equivalent? The dumb bells in my gym only go up to 60lbs, and that isn't heavy enough to challenge me to use as a main movement. Can I replace all the dumb bell pressing variants with barbell movement? Lastly, I'm insulin resistant and eating the least bit of carbs causes me to gain a bunch of weight. Because of this I'm on a ketogenic diet. Can still use this program while on keto?

Thanks,

TheAesir

PS- about the cardio of the program... I've already committed myself to c25k and it is one of my immediate goals to finish the program. Can I use c25k for my cardio until I finish that program and then take up the 2x a day cardio?

Use this site to work out where you are now:

Sweet. Thanks for that reply, I can't seem to find where it describes HIIT and LISS sessions in the trainer? Currently at Day 2

Also, Isn't it better using the exact label values as I use them and record in MyfitnessPal ? That site is very generic so it's hard to get the exact values of what I'm consuming here in Aus.
    The lifting routine is HIIT style training. He doesn't call it that, but that's what it is. That's why you are limited in your rest time.

LISS is the walking at about 60% of your max heart rate. Once again he doesn't name it but that's what it is.

If you have your way of tracking calories then go for it.

Page 199 of 235 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast