Page 221 of 235 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 7037
    Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cagedlion View Post
    hi everyone im kinda new to lifting and im wanna know if i can do kriss 12 week trainer + a bulking diet (3000-3500cals) and simply do less cardio +a bit more abs workout because abs is one of my weak spots i was thinking on doing what minkus88 said , 12week-dtp-12week-dtp until i reach about 170-190lbs range depending how i look hoping to get it done in a year i keep reading kriss workouts are the best and he actually inspired me so im gonna take a shot whit his workouts hoping for the so called ¨newb gains¨ to come but only workouts sadly i dont have money for even half the sups he recomend ... ive only lifted weights for like 3 month about 1 and a half years ago nothing serious
    This program is not great for someone like you. You should need to learn all the core lifts, bench press, squat, deadlift, and shoulder press. You should buy the DVD: Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. You can do his program also called starting strength but I'd probably recommend doing SL5x5 instead. You can google it. It's a free program. After about 6 months you can look as switching to JasonDB's novice 5x5 in the stickies.

Working each muscle group every 6 days is sub-optimal for you for probably the next 5-6 years. If you insist on doing a 5 day body part split, it will probably take you about 40% longer to get to the same result. It's up to you.

You don't need any supplements if your hitting all your macros in your diet.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

"Nothing will slow your progress like a negative mindset."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xn54Irp-o

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fbiprotigy View Post
    Hi Kris,
    Today is my first day workout in my condominium gym. I feel rather excited. Your 12 weeks programs is very detailed with videos and workout photos. Without further a do, I decided to give it a try.

Unfortunately, my condominum gym has limited equipments compared to those popular gyms such as planet fitness. As such, I have to alter the exercise. For example, I replace leg press(in the program) with dumbbell lunges(condominium gym). The rest of the factors such as sets, reps remain the same with the program. Doing 20 minutes of cardio ( jogging on treadmill) is the first thing I do when I step into the gym. The leg workouts lasted for 1 hour 50 minutes. In between different leg workouts, my thigh feel sore and wobble around the gyms at times.

When I stepped out of the gym, my thigh feel so sore that I had a hard time walking down the stairs. Frankly speaking, I really inspired by Kris's 12 weeks of hardcore workout. Workouts are never been so easier than before. The Kris's daily guided workout videos,logs give me the feeling that Kris is virtually there to instruct you to do the workouts. A professional trainer like Kris design such a systematic program yet it's totally free !

Just wonder what/where have gone wrong resulting in the soreness of the thigh and butt ?

Equipments available in my gym
    -Machines
    -Dumbbells
    -Bench
    -Treadmill
    -Yoga balls
    -Exercise mat.

Anyone or Kris please help me with my post workout injuries. Thank you very much !

Have a nice day !

Best regards,
    Jason
    The soreness is from the lunges. Lunges are much more demanding on your glutes than machine leg press. You could try decreasing the weight so that the pain isn't as severe. If it last only about 5 days, it's normal though so just put up with it. Your body will adapt and it will be less of a problem as the weeks go by.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

gsiamba1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Kris,
    I'm on week 7 of the 12-week Gethen transformation and my weight has a hit plateau between the 6th and 7th week. I went from 235 to 220 with steady weight loss during the first 6 weeks. I’ve already cut my carb intake to ¾ on my first meal and second meal and then a ½ cup before and after lifting. All other meals have no carbs. I’m at 25 minute cardio twice a day. Is it better to cut basically all carbs at this point or increase cardio?

Originally Posted by gsiamba1 View Post
    Hi Kris,
    I'm on week 7 of the 12-week Gethen transformation and my weight has a hit plateau between the 6th and 7th week. I went from 235 to 220 with steady weight loss during the first 6 weeks. I’ve already cut my carb intake to ¾ on my first meal and second meal and then a ½ cup before and after lifting. All other meals have no carbs. I’m at 25 minute cardio twice a day. Is it better to cut basically all carbs at this point or increase cardio?
    If you want an answer directly from Kris, post your question here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group....121&do=discuss

But he probably won't get back to you for a few weeks. I'd suggest increasing cardio only from now on. You should only need to do it two or three more times over the next month at most. By the time you get up to week 11, the DTP will kick your @ss enough without needing to changing anything.

gsiamba1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Adrian77 for responding. I assume you mean increase it two or three times? So go to 30min then 35min and so on if needed? What is DTP?

Originally Posted by gsiamba1 View Post
    Thanks Adrian77 for responding. I assume you mean increase it two or three times? So go to 30min then 35min and so on if needed? What is DTP?
    Yes.

It's pyramid training. You'll find out soon enough! lol

djc87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys i am about to finish the 12 week trainer. I started the program at 156lbs (skinny guy with a gut) and now i am 142lbs. My question is can i start to bulk up a bit? Even though i lost alot of weight i still dont have much muscle mass but i can only see my abs when i flex so i am assuming i am around 12-15% BF (handheld says 10% but scale and calipers says 16%)..or should i continue to cut (but then i will look very skinny).

Main goal for the summer is to have a lean body with muscle

Please help!

Thanks
    Last edited by djc87; 04-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Originally Posted by djc87 View Post
    Hey guys i am about to finish the 12 week trainer. I started the program at 156lbs (skinny guy with a gut) and now i am 142lbs. My question is can i start to bulk up a bit? Even though i lost alot of weight i still dont have much muscle mass but i can only see my abs when i flex so i am assuming i am around 12-15% BF (handheld says 10% but scale and calipers says 16%)..or should i continue to cut (but then i will look very skinny).

Main goal for the summer is to have a lean body with muscle

Please help!

Thanks
    You are leaving it a bit late for this summer. With only about 5 weeks until summer, you are better off getting down to 10% BF (the hand held BF tester are a complete waste of time, I'd trust the callipers more) than trying to gain mass. Getting leaner will make you look bigger. Then after summer work on bulking. Try to add about 0.5lbs/week in weight. This will involve gaining fat gradually as a bi-product. When you hit 15%, do a cut again.

djc87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adrian77 View Post
    You are leaving it a bit late for this summer. With only about 5 weeks until summer, you are better off getting down to 10% BF (the hand held BF tester are a complete waste of time, I'd trust the callipers more) than trying to gain mass. Getting leaner will make you look bigger. Then after summer work on bulking. Try to add about 0.5lbs/week in weight. This will involve gaining fat gradually as a bi-product. When you hit 15%, do a cut again.
    Thanks for the response! My only fear is if i keep cutting weight I'll look very skinny which wont be attractive for the summer. I feel by looking in the mirror i am about 12-14% BF but if i had more muscle it would look better. Do you think i should at least give the DTP Bulk a shot since its high intensity with HIIT cardio. This way i can gain muscle with minimal fat?

Thanks again!

mrchubbaman7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feeling good after only 2 weeks

Just like to say thank you to Kris Gethin for devising this programme, I'm really enjoying the programme and I'm really seeing results fast although the weight loss has slowed down my body is still looking better and I'm gaining muscle I didn't know I had.

Will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again

Dan from London

Originally Posted by djc87 View Post
    Thanks for the response! My only fear is if i keep cutting weight I'll look very skinny which wont be attractive for the summer. I feel by looking in the mirror i am about 12-14% BF but if i had more muscle it would look better. Do you think i should at least give the DTP Bulk a shot since its high intensity with HIIT cardio. This way i can gain muscle with minimal fat?

Thanks again!
    Yeah, you would look better with another 40lbs of muscle (hell, even 10lbs would make a difference) but your time window is too short. If you are 12-14%, you probably have a bit of blubber over your board shorts when you sit. Not very attractive. This problem is fixable in 6 weeks.

At most, in 6 weeks you may gain 6lbs of muscle in perfect anabolic conditions (hitting your macros, enough sleep,enough caloric surplus, hitting each muscle group every 48hrs, etc). BUT this would also include 6lbs of fat or more (most likely more considering you are coming off this program with your metabolism in slow mode). So your bit of a tummy now, will become a full blown muffin top in 6 weeks. If you lean bulked and aimed for 0.5lb gain/week. That's about 2-2.5lbs of muscle (mostly legs since they are the biggest muscle groups) and 0.5-1lb of fat. You won't really notice it. If you had 6 months to play with, then that's the way you would go.

Gaining muscle with minimum fat has nothing to do with HIIT cardio directly. You gain excessive amounts of fat if your calorie surplus is too great. So you can do zero cardio and gain maximum muscle by doing all the important things right.

mate112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all,

Just started my week 3. Last Sat. during hack squats I experienced this sharp, pain in the back of my head-lower back kinda behind the ear. It happened when I was pushing the last few reps, holding my breath in etc.

It happened again today during chest.

It goes away eventually but I have never experienced anything like that. Any ideas what this might have been caused by?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by mate112 View Post
    Hey all,

Just started my week 3. Last Sat. during hack squats I experienced this sharp, pain in the back of my head-lower back kinda behind the ear. It happened when I was pushing the last few reps, holding my breath in etc.

It happened again today during chest.

It goes away eventually but I have never experienced anything like that. Any ideas what this might have been caused by?

Thanks.
    Sounds like you should go to a chiropractor to get it checked out.

You also shouldn't be holding your breath.

Sounds like you should go to a chiropractor to get it checked out.

You also shouldn't be holding your breath.
    I researched a bit. Seems common for some reason. I'll contact a doctor to be sure.

I didn't mean hold my breath. Meant that last push when you exhale ;p

I researched a bit. Seems common for some reason. I'll contact a doctor to be sure.

I didn't mean hold my breath. Meant that last push when you exhale ;p
    Your doctor probably won't have a clue. You are better off seeing a chiropractor or a physical therapist or an osteopath.

theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Diet questions here...

I'm about to start off Monday, I'm not really too fat but I have a small gut so just plan on hitting it hard and hopefully after the 3 months I'm ready for a lean bulk,... Anyways,

what exactly are the measurements? I keep hearing you use your fist or a scale... all ready bought a scale and making sure all my chicken or fish are at 6oz... The carbs I plan to have 1 cup of brown rice with every meal and after a the 1st month lower them and keep the protein the same... is this about right? Anything else I should know that I have missed? Cardio I will do for the 1st month 20 min in the morning after breakfast and 20 min after lifting weights... after the 1st month increase it to 25 min.... The sample meal says to eat around 8-9 times a day which I will not do... I plan to eat 6 meals a day and a casein protein shake as a midnight snack.... is this okay? I'm 5'7 and weigh 175lbs..

painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by theronin391 View Post
    Diet questions here...

I'm about to start off Monday, I'm not really too fat but I have a small gut so just plan on hitting it hard and hopefully after the 3 months I'm ready for a lean bulk,... Anyways,

what exactly are the measurements? I keep hearing you use your fist or a scale... all ready bought a scale and making sure all my chicken or fish are at 6oz... The carbs I plan to have 1 cup of brown rice with every meal and after a the 1st month lower them and keep the protein the same... is this about right? Anything else I should know that I have missed? Cardio I will do for the 1st month 20 min in the morning after breakfast and 20 min after lifting weights... after the 1st month increase it to 25 min.... The sample meal says to eat around 8-9 times a day which I will not do... I plan to eat 6 meals a day and a casein protein shake as a midnight snack.... is this okay? I'm 5'7 and weigh 175lbs..
    Start with fist size portions and then measure those by scale or cup. I really like the scale it saves dish washing and time. Then just use those numbers to keep track of what your eating so when kris says cut carbs by quarter you can easily decide how much that is. And yes leave the protein and veggies the same. You can increase veggies any time for hunger pains.

Also how often you eat will not change anything I decided to eat 3 large meals and 2 snack size feedings plus a shake before bread and its worked great.

What hasn't worked great was under cooking some rice which caused me to over eat and whiskey but that's a different story.

Good luck
    its only insane until I succeed

theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Palm size grilled or raw meat?

painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50) painrage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Palm size grilled or raw meat?
    Measure cooked when possible fist sized like a pile of rice the size of your fist or stack of cooked meat size of your fist. Once you get the weight of those you can figure the exact calorie count. I believe its done this way because people come in difference size s
    Good luck
    its only insane until I succeed

This is a great video for a lot of people to watch on motivation and goal setting.

dymonn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dymonn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a great video for a lot of people to watch on motivation and goal setting.

This was real talk - just in time for my last day of the transformation tomorrow.

Hey all,

Kris mentions in one of his videos that sometimes when he wakes up in the middle of the night and feels hungry he will drink a protein shake. Is that the way to go? Isn't better to not have any meals before bed/while sleeping even if you do feel hungry? Or should you always grab something when hunger hits?

Also, I'm not taking creatine on my rest days. Should I tho?

Thank you all.

mhoffmann24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhoffmann24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mhoffmann24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just finished up day 1. I must say it has to be good if my neighbor has to come down and help me up the stairs to my apartment. Looking forward to the next 83 days.
    US Army Infantry '05-'09
    OIF '07-'08
    3/2 SCR

"To those that have been downrange, to us and to those like us, damn few." -Act of Valor

Hey all,

Kris mentions in one of his videos that sometimes when he wakes up in the middle of the night and feels hungry he will drink a protein shake. Is that the way to go? Isn't better to not have any meals before bed/while sleeping even if you do feel hungry? Or should you always grab something when hunger hits?

Also, I'm not taking creatine on my rest days. Should I tho?

Thank you all.
    If your diet includes meat then waking up to drink protein shakes is pointless. It's just a marketing ploy to exploit OCD people. You have a set quantity of food each day. How you break it up throughout the day is up to you. If you are still hungry, you can eat more veg but that's it.

Creatine won't change your results much when cutting. You don't need it if you don't want it. I'd have it while bulking though.

I'm just about to finish week 3. I have noticed that my leg muscles have really improved, the muscles are getting a bit bigger and more cut. I may have noticed a tiny bit of a change in my torso and ab area but it's not as significant as legs.

Everyone is different and it may be hard for me to excel in those areas but should I be getting worried? Kris has just introduced the twists into the workout which I hope will change things a bit.

Thanks.

ps I have been doing more stair walking than anything else when it comes to cardio too.

I also have this 'Natural weight gainer' protein. 350calories. total fat 7g. potassium 350mg carbs 49g (10g sugar), 25g of protein. Can I use that as a meal replacement or is it too high in carbs?
    Last edited by mate112; 04-28-2013 at 03:36 PM.

I'm just about to finish week 3. I have noticed that my leg muscles have really improved, the muscles are getting a bit bigger and more cut. I may have noticed a tiny bit of a change in my torso and ab area but it's not as significant as legs.

Everyone is different and it may be hard for me to excel in those areas but should I be getting worried? Kris has just introduced the twists into the workout which I hope will change things a bit.

Thanks.

ps I have been doing more stair walking than anything else when it comes to cardio too.

I also have this 'Natural weight gainer' protein. 350calories. total fat 7g. potassium 350mg carbs 49g (10g sugar), 25g of protein. Can I use that as a meal replacement or is it too high in carbs?
    Like most men, you probable carry most of your fat on your torso. So while there are probably improvements, you just can't see them because of the fat over the top of them. It tends to be the last place where you will lean out too. So you need to get to 10% in order to get a 6 pack. A 6 pack actually has less to do with muscle growth than it does fat loss.

You should avoid liquid food as much as possible. It digests too quickly and leaves you hungry sooner.

I'm following the diet for this program and the cardio as adviced, do you thnk it would matter if I change the routine? I plan to change it from a 4 day split to a 5 day split... and change the exercises every 3 weeks... I would just like to concentrate on each muscle better and shorten my actual time in the gym (per day) ?

So I am eating every 3 hours

Doing 20 minutes of cardio after meal 1 and after lifting weights (will increase to 25 after the month)

The only thing I would like to change is the split... The Body by Design book is similar and the split there is a 3 day split so I dont think it would hurt but want some feedback, thx
    Last edited by theronin391; 04-29-2013 at 08:18 AM.

I'm following the diet for this program and the cardio as adviced, do you thnk it would matter if I change the routine? I plan to change it from a 4 day split to a 5 day split... and change the exercises every 3 weeks... I would just like to concentrate on each muscle better and shorten my actual time in the gym (per day) ?

So I am eating every 3 hours

Doing 20 minutes of cardio after meal 1 and after lifting weights (will increase to 25 after the month)

The only thing I would like to change is the split... The Body by Design book is similar and the split there is a 3 day split so I dont think it would hurt but want some feedback, thx
    Splitting your routine further doesn't concentrate more on your muscle groups, it concentrates on them LESS. If you did a 5 day split, you'd train each muscle group 4 times a month. If you did a 4 day split you'd hit each muscle group 5 times a month. If you said you wanted to do an upper/lower split Mon, Tue, Thur, Sat or a full body workout Mon, Wed, Fri and a arm/abs day on Sat, I'd probably say it would be ok. Nobody does the best they can on a 5 day split. I would even say the 3 day BBD split is better than doing a 5 day split.

Registered User conormartinheal's Avatar
    conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10) conormartinheal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

12 week trainer

I just started the trainer this week and yesterday for the first non training day I decided to do the insanity plyo circuit DVD I have. I think I may try to do one of the insanity workouts for each rest day and I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or tried to do some other type of high intensity cardio during the rest days?

also.. I am trying to gain as much clean mass as possible and was thinking about adding a gainer to my supplements and diet. has anyone tired this and found success?

thanks so much I'm pumped up to continue with this plan and ready to transform !

mrager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just finished day 1 and was wondering how cardio can be done on leg days? Having barely been able to walk home I don't see how I could've done cardio at all afterwards.

Page 221 of 235 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast