Page 125 of 235 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 7037
    EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IvyLaw View Post
    Thanks, and it's my intent to do so - hence my question. In the day 2 video, he gets up - talks about his meals, and then goes to work. Next he's at the gym, finishes his workout, and does some cardio. He talks about the previous night's cardio and his legs rubbing together etc - but makes no mention, at any point during the video, of having done a morning cardio that day.

However, given your response, I'll make sure to just add an extra set of cardio. Do you tend to just select 2 moderate-intensity cardio sessions for each day?? I'm working with a foot injury (plantar fasciitis) and got some good insoles for my shoes to help with that, but I'm a bit wary of going back to my old running routine until this heals. Would a combination of bike/elliptical/walking be sufficient? Thanks a lot for your response
    No problem man, as you go through the trainer videos you will realize that he doesn't take the time to explain everything each and every time. Best thing I've found is to just have a word document or a pen and paper next to you while watching each video and jot down any new bit of information he gives because often he will only mention it once in the whole series even if it's a critical piece of information.

They record quite a lot of video for each day, but can only include 10-12 minutes of it and sometimes the parts that get cut out don't seem relevant to them but might be more relevant to you.

Originally Posted by LC10 View Post
    You do it twice every day whether Kris mentions it in the video or not. You can choose whatever cardio you want to do really. I change it up everyday from walking outside, stairs in my house, stationary bike, treadmill etc I just do whatever I feel like that particular day. Today I did Legs at the gym then stationary bike immediately after. For my second cardio today I will go outside for a quick walk. Dont fancy doing stairs on the same day I do legs lol
    Ya legs are an absolute killer haha.
    My next workout (either tomorrow or saturday depending on my energy levels) is Week 4 Day 28 that has a superset of:

- Leg Press: 3 sets of 85 reps: 20 reps with feet at bottom of plate, 20 reps 1 inch up, 20 reps 1 inch up, 25 reps at top of plate
    - Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 20 reps

IvyLaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You do it twice every day whether Kris mentions it in the video or not. You can choose whatever cardio you want to do really. I change it up everyday from walking outside, stairs in my house, stationary bike, treadmill etc I just do whatever I feel like that particular day. Today I did Legs at the gym then stationary bike immediately after. For my second cardio today I will go outside for a quick walk. Dont fancy doing stairs on the same day I do legs lol
    Originally Posted by EricChowles View Post
    No problem man, as you go through the trainer videos you will realize that he doesn't take the time to explain everything each and every time. Best thing I've found is to just have a word document or a pen and paper next to you while watching each video and jot down any new bit of information he gives because often he will only mention it once in the whole series even if it's a critical piece of information.

They record quite a lot of video for each day, but can only include 10-12 minutes of it and sometimes the parts that get cut out don't seem relevant to them but might be more relevant to you.

My next workout (either tomorrow or saturday depending on my energy levels) is that has a superset of:

- Leg Press: 3 sets of 85 reps: 20 reps with feet at bottom of plate, 20 reps 1 inch up, 20 reps 1 inch up, 25 reps at top of plate
    Great this is very helpful, thanks a lot for the advice you guys. It's good to know that I can still get my cardio in despite a foot injury that makes me afraid to do any real running for at least another month or perhaps two. I think in the meantime, until spring hits in New York, I'll do a mix between bike/walk/elliptical/stairs - and that way I can still meet my daily cardio quotas.

LC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EricChowles View Post
    My next workout (either tomorrow or saturday depending on my energy levels) is Week 4 Day 28 that has a superset of:

Good luck with that! I remember doing that workout. Didn't know whether to cry, laugh or throw up. Just get a song on that really pumps you up, put it up loud and just get going!

macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just finished day 2 workout, both cardio sessions as well. I am feeling it already. I have a headache and feel slightly drained from the combination of everything. I am sticking with it regardless. I may have to up the calories a bit so I don't feel weak. I feel spent and it's only the 2nd day.

I had a protein shake/sweet potato post workout, then a meal shortly thereafter. I won't be buying any carb supplements, is the banana a requirement or should I just stick with the sweet potato, I know it's not the best post workout carb, should I add the banana? I don't want to, but if it makes a positive difference I will.

LC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by macaronicaesar View Post
    Just finished day 2 workout, both cardio sessions as well. I am feeling it already. I have a headache and feel slightly drained from the combination of everything. I am sticking with it regardless. I may have to up the calories a bit so I don't feel weak. I feel spent and it's only the 2nd day.

I had a protein shake/sweet potato post workout, then a meal shortly thereafter. I won't be buying any carb supplements, is the banana a requirement or should I just stick with the sweet potato, I know it's not the best post workout carb, should I add the banana? I don't want to, but if it makes a positive difference I will.
    If your not taking a carb in supplement form then a banana or a bagel would be much better than a sweet potato

macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your not taking a carb in supplement form then a banana or a bagel would be much better than a sweet potato
    OK, so banana it is. This won't hurt my overall diet on this program?

Had a nap and feeling 100% re-energized. Cant wait to get at it again. Thanks for the help.

CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing Fat

Hey lads, if you're looking to lose fat, you may find approaching half way is when your body is working overtime and your matabolism is burning away!
    I cannot believe the fat I have lost this week.
    Hadn't looked in the mirror at my body for a couple of days and then wow, I can't believe how much I've lost!
    I am currently doing day 40.
    I'll post up a picture later!
    I may be wrong but I personally believe it takes your body a few weeks to adjust to the consistent eating and exercising and then it can be used to its full potential.
    Cheers.

dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CS91 View Post
    Hey lads, if you're looking to lose fat, you may find approaching half way is when your body is working overtime and your matabolism is burning away!
    I cannot believe the fat I have lost this week.
    Hadn't looked in the mirror at my body for a couple of days and then wow, I can't believe how much I've lost!
    I am currently doing day 40.
    I'll post up a picture later!
    I may be wrong but I personally believe it takes your body a few weeks to adjust to the consistent eating and exercising and then it can be used to its full potential.
    Cheers.
    Awesome progress bro!
    **Misc Cologne Crew**

Decants available. Amouage, CDG, Le Labo, MFK, Byredo Canada Only.

It's really quite simple....... either you do it or you don't.

Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dizzy242 View Post
    Ahhhh I've never touched or considered taking steroids in my life and I made out just fine on this program. There are also many others not on roids who have and are currently doing this program. What exactly is the point of your post? If your not going to follow the program how it's designed why bother and why bother posting in this thread? Just start your own workout log/thread.

As far as, I've been doing them for as long as I can remember and have zero back issues. Deads are one of the best compound/core exercises there is. Simple fact is if you've developed back pains.......you were/are doing wrong.
    My point of post is to voice my opinion bro.And i am going to follow the "program" to an extent,overly beating your muscles and stayin so long in gym is unnecesary for building muscle if your natural.And

"If your not going to follow the program how it's designed why bother and why bother posting in this thread?"

I hope you dont assume that i follow the diet aswell lol,As you can see on the side im 17 (almost 18) i cannot afford all the supplments nor do i need it,it isnt that serious to build muscle.All i need for pre-workout is a simple meal or just down 2 scoops of protein shake,nothing else that makes me need to scound around for cash.I dont make bodybuilding out to what it doesnt need to be.All you need is good food and protein/creatine (if you want for creatine,i dont though,broke lol) Imo for my age all the extra stuff is waste of cash for someone with no job

And i didnt say deadlifts gave me back pain.When i first started out liftin with terrible guidance from friend,i developed back pains due to my bad form.Now i gotta pay for it.I cant do deadlifts even if i wanted to.Im overly concerned about my lower back and im to young for any future terrible injuries nor is it that serious to train lower back for me to risk severe injury,i pass ...Yes ive tried deadlift with low weight,and the pain in my back after couple of reps made my body yell to me STOP!

And for the record,i say the steroid thing,not saying he does nor do i have anything against people who do it...saying the average gym goer like myself body doesnt need to be there 1.5-2 hrs (of pure lifting) to build some muscle,ive read some studies something about cortisol and you actually lose muscle,dont quote me on that because im not really into it but yea.

All im personally saying is,i used to kill myself in the gym,doing around 30-50sets..built little muscle..now im no longer,ive somewhat learned shorter and more intense (to an extent) the better,i can now focus on bodyparts in depth with shorter excerises making me go somewhat harder.Instead of half-assing the longer workouts due to being burnt out lol

Btw-Nice workout plan,i just like to shorten it a bit for more focus and really not necesary for longworkouts for average joe :3

dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Will390 View Post
    My point of post is to voice my opinion bro.And i am going to follow the "program" to an extent,overly beating your muscles and stayin so long in gym is unnecesary for building muscle if your natural.And

"If your not going to follow the program how it's designed why bother and why bother posting in this thread?"

I hope you dont assume that i follow the diet aswell lol,As you can see on the side im 17 (almost 18) i cannot afford all the supplments nor do i need it,it isnt that serious to build muscle.All i need for pre-workout is a simple meal or just down 2 scoops of protein shake,nothing else that makes me need to scound around for cash.I dont make bodybuilding out to what it doesnt need to be.All you need is good food and protein/creatine (if you want for creatine,i dont though,broke lol) Imo for my age all the extra stuff is waste of cash for someone with no job

And i didnt say deadlifts gave me back pain.When i first started out liftin with terrible guidance from friend,i developed back pains due to my bad form.Now i gotta pay for it.I cant do deadlifts even if i wanted to.Im overly concerned about my lower back and im to young for any future terrible injuries nor is it that serious to train lower back for me to risk severe injury,i pass ...Yes ive tried deadlift with low weight,and the pain in my back after couple of reps made my body yell to me STOP!

And for the record,i say the steroid thing,not saying he does nor do i have anything against people who do it...saying the average gym goer like myself body doesnt need to be there 1.5-2 hrs (of pure lifting) to build some muscle,ive read some studies something about cortisol and you actually lose muscle,dont quote me on that because im not really into it but yea.

All im personally saying is,i used to kill myself in the gym,doing around 30-50sets..built little muscle..now im no longer,ive somewhat learned shorter and more intense (to an extent) the better,i can now focus on bodyparts in depth with shorter excerises making me go somewhat harder.Instead of half-assing the longer workouts due to being burnt out lol

Btw-Nice workout plan,i just like to shorten it a bit for more focus and really not necesary for longworkouts for average joe :3
    Fair enough bro, didn't mean to come off as rude btw. It just seemed as if you came on here to put down this program. Kris designed this program with a certain goal and that is to gain or preserve lean muscle while burning fat. I agree you don't have to do crazy reps and such intense workouts to build muscle but this program isn't designed solely to put on muscle. I'm bulking right now and I'm doing a program specifically designed for bulking, I wouldn't think of doing this program for a serious bulk. Also the max I spent in the gym on this program was an hour tops.My bulking program has me in there for an hour and a half! lol

I also didn't take half the supps he recommended. Just the basics.

Anyways there are a ton of programs out there that focus on different goals. Find one that applies to you and commit to it 100%. I just don't think dissecting this program and making it your own will produce the results you're looking for. As I've said Kris designed it this way for a reason, it all works together.

As for the deads that does suck about getting injured early on and yes form is key. Hopefully one day you'll give them a shot again as it is a great exercise.

Good luck
    **Misc Cologne Crew**

vaultman765 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IvyLaw View Post
    I'm underway. Completed my first day yesterday and am going to hit the gym within an hour for Day 2!

Noticed that, in today's video, he didn't mention anything about a morning cardio session and he talks as if he didn't do any - yet it's on today's written routine. What's the best method for doing this program? Should I religiously follow the videos (if I want to do the same cardio he does etc), or should I plan on coming up with cardio twice a day on my own, regardless of what he says in the videos? I'm leaning toward following what he says in the videos because I doubt he'd pick a cardio that interferes with the next upcoming workouts, but I assume it's also a possibility that he'll stop mentioning his cardio choices in the videos at some point.

Thoughts?
    Kris did cardio twice a day, every day.... He might have just forgotten to mention what he did, or that he did it in that video. You don't have to follow exactly the cardio that Kris does every day, just keep it fun/exciting so you don't bore yourself, and keep it at a moderate pace... conversational pace.
    -Every time you stay out late….
    -Every time you sleep in…
    -Every time you miss a workout
    -Every time you don’t give 100%
    .... You make it that much easier for me to beat you!

Originally Posted by macaronicaesar View Post

Give your body some time... you might just feel weak because this is a shock to your body, but it will adjust over time. Make sure you are getting your carbs in in your pre workout meal.

Also, about the banana... Kris says no on all fruits. He uses supplements for his post workout, but if you don't want to do that... you can stick with rice, etc

athletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For the people who have completed the 12 week program, what do most people do afterwards?

Do it again for mass? Do another program? Go to maintain mode? Etc?

Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fair enough bro, didn't mean to come off as rude btw. It just seemed as if you came on here to put down this program. Kris designed this program with a certain goal and that is to gain or preserve lean muscle while burning fat. I agree you don't have to do crazy reps and such intense workouts to build muscle but this program isn't designed solely to put on muscle. I'm bulking right now and I'm doing a program specifically designed for bulking, I wouldn't think of doing this program for a serious bulk. Also the max I spent in the gym on this program was an hour tops.My bulking program has me in there for an hour and a half! lol

I also didn't take half the supps he recommended. Just the basics.

Anyways there are a ton of programs out there that focus on different goals. Find one that applies to you and commit to it 100%. I just don't think dissecting this program and making it your own will produce the results you're looking for. As I've said Kris designed it this way for a reason, it all works together.

As for the deads that does suck about getting injured early on and yes form is key. Hopefully one day you'll give them a shot again as it is a great exercise.

Good luck
    Well if i knew the knowledge i have now in beginning,i wouldnt still do deadlifts,its supposedly a good excercise but its tomuch strain on lower back :/.Not worth it either way lol.Even with proper form,when im alot older it would bite me in my ass :3

CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by athletics View Post
    For the people who have completed the 12 week program, what do most people do afterwards?

Do it again for mass? Do another program? Go to maintain mode? Etc?
    I'm going to bulk for 3-6 months and then cut at the end of the year/summer time here.
    This is because of my body type, want to bulk up a bit more, hopefully the second half of the program helps.

Ventzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

about pwo

hey guys, if not vitargo, carbo gain or bananas ... can we take Dextrose ? There is no mention of this any where...

devo985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any tips at all on loosing a little more fat? I am currently on day 37, been doing around an hour of cardio a day. Only taking in 1600 calories a day, not loosing the body fat that I want to be. Still right around 175 lbs, as when I started the program.

Awesome progress bro!
    Cheers bro, was wondering if you did all the cardio?

jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jbah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey guys, sorry if this had been covered but what sauces/seasoning are you having with your meals, especially the rice and chicken, and pasta and chicken meals? also any tips of what to put into egg whites and oats to make them taste a little better?

Originally Posted by jbah View Post
    hey guys, sorry if this had been covered but what sauces/seasoning are you having with your meals, especially the rice and chicken, and pasta and chicken meals? also any tips of what to put into egg whites and oats to make them taste a little better?
    No sauces, just salt and pepper and mixed herbs for me bud.
    Last edited by CS91; 02-24-2012 at 04:48 AM.

EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jbah View Post
    For my eggs and oats in the morning I go with:
    - Salt
    - Pepper
    - Finely crushed parsley
    - Cinnamon to top it off before I eat

It's quite a try mixture so make sure you have huge glass of water or a protein shake with you at the same time.

KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KeepNitFRESH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Berano View Post
    Earlier in this thread Kris has said that you can replace the vitargo with a banana as you need a fastabsorbing carb to get the protein into your system.
    Quite a few people on the transformation group page use this
    +1, he said eat a banana or eat white bread because its a fast absorbing carb.

r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10) r1seup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is there anywhere I can get an Excel version of this workout program so that I can keep track of the weights that I use? I am really considering starting this program this upcoming Monday and would really like to keep track on my computer. Of my stats, as far as everything goes (weights used, body weight, body fat, etc.)?

cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10) cogliati is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ventzero View Post
    hey guys, if not vitargo, carbo gain or bananas ... can we take Dextrose ? There is no mention of this any where...
    I've been using dextrose. Doesn't seem to be affecting me negatively as I have still been dropping fat and gaining muscle.

Originally Posted by r1seup View Post
    Is there anywhere I can get an Excel version of this workout program so that I can keep track of the weights that I use? I am really considering starting this program this upcoming Monday and would really like to keep track on my computer. Of my stats, as far as everything goes (weights used, body weight, body fat, etc.)?
    I don't have an EXACT solution for you, but I can provide two different resources that hopefully when used together can achieve what you are wanting. I wrote a blog post explaining how I use them, but will try explain it again here better for your situation.

I created a spreadsheet for myself just to keep track of the actual days of the workouts (not the individual exercises in that workout though) because the 12 week training split is specifically designed according Kris' real life work schedule and isn't quite as constant and stable as I would like (e.g. some weeks 4 training days on no-rest, otherdays 3 rest days in a row). Well I'm also going to be moving the training split around a bit for my own schedule (while still keeping the same workout order and also giving enough days rest between workouts) and this spreadsheet helps me keep track of everything much more easily.

- Column A: the workout phase you are currently in (fundamental, momentum, DTP - see below for more info on them).
    - Column B: the week number you are currently in.
    - Column C: the day's date (enter your starting date, preferably a monday, if it isn't then you need to edit the spreadsheet a bit).
    - Column D: the day of the week (see above point).
    - Column E: the current workout day number.
    - Column F: exercise goal is the workout schedule laid out by Kris in his trainer.
    - Column G: my exercise plan is the workout schedule adapted to fit your schedule (by default it's the same as Kris' but you can simply move them around to suit you).
    - Column H: status you can enter if you have completed the day yet or not, you can also note if you cheated on a meal, cardio session or workout so you feel guilty next time you open the spreadsheet and never do it again!

Something that you could try do is add the actual weights that you used in an excel comment for each exercise.

I've also incorporated the "phase" names that Kris talks about in his Body By Design book, which for if anyone who is wondering, is:

=== Phase 1: The Fundamental Phase (Week 1-5) prepares your body for the transformation. The phase works primarily with isolation movements, which focus on working a single muscle to pre-fatigue and then follow it up with a compound or multi-muscle movement that uses several assisting muscles.
    - An example would be doing dumbbell bench press and then dumbbell incline flyes.

=== Phase 2: The Momentum Phase (Week 6-9) focuses more on strength and muscle development as a top priority. The Phase works primarily with compound movements (multi-muscle movements) first, and then isolation movements (single-muscle movements) afterwards. This way you reach failure at a lower rep range by using heavier weights and what this does is adds density to your muscles. Ultimately the goal of this phase is to give your muscles a rounder or fuller appearance.
    - An example would be doing dumbbell incline flyes and then dumbbell bench press.

=== Phase 3: The DTP Phase (Week 10-12) is the Dramatic Transformation Principle Phase that places a new and distinct stress on your muscles by training two antagnostic (opposing) muscle groups together. Shocking your body and challenging it is one of the biggest ways of causing your muscles to grow, so ultimately this is a very high intensity phase that you cannot maintain for very long, but produces exceptional results.
    - An example would be doing a DTP Superset of Dumbbell Bench Press and Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Rows.

Anyone planning to follow Kris' 12 week trainer I would highly recommend buying his Body By Design book too. The book creates a slightly different and more stable 12 week transformation schedule that does also work, but is just a bit easier / less strict. Even if you are doing the hardcore trainer, his book offers a huge amount of continuous inspiration and motivation as well as some insight into the method to his madness in both workouts and nutrition plans.

I've uploaded the spreadsheet to GoogleDocs | Kris Gethin 12 Week Trainer Schedule by Eric Chowles <Download Spreadsheet> that you can simply download as an excel file or openoffice file, or just open to look at and then make your own.

1) In Google Docs (not your web browser) click on 'File'.
    2) Click on 'Download as'.
    3) Click on 'Excel'.

If you are using OpenOffice you can choose to download as that, but I haven’t tested the spreadsheet with that or in any other format. I recommend just downloading it for excel. If you don’t have excel then I recommend just remaking the spreadsheet manually in your spreadsheet creator of choice.

Keeping track of weights used:

I hardly ever see people taking notes in gym while working out. When I first started I didn’t either, I would just go in there and pickup the weights that I thought felt right. Sometimes it would take a bit of trial and error until I found the correct weight, or sometimes I just went with what I had picked up. The problem with doing this is you are not getting the most out of your workouts, especially if you are doing Kris Gethin’s workout and focusing on ‘failure’ sets.

What you need to be able to do is walk into gym, and know EXACTLY which weight you should be starting your warm-up at, EXACTLY which weight you should be failing at on your first set and which you should be failing at on your fifth set. No trial and error, no guessing, no just making do with what you chose. That’s mediocrity and it won’t get you far.

Each day before my workout, I prepare a little document to print out that lists my workouts, my set and rep ranges, and leaves a space for me to fill in the weights.

At gym I then write down anything that I notice while doing my reps and sets. Personally I hate the rest period in between sets which is usually mixed with staring at the dirty floor, looking at yourself in the mirror and trying your hardest not to oggle the fit chick in tight sweat pants in front of you bending over doing dumbbell rows. So during this time I use it to write down extra notes about the set I just completed.

Before I head to gym each day, I look back at my previous print-ours of similar exercises and fill in the weights I think would be most suitable. I find this REALLY gets me "in the zone", pumped up and really focussed on my workout ahead.

Good luck man.
    As Kris says in his Body By Design book: "Success doesn’t just happen; you must prepare for it."

Originally Posted by CS91 View Post
    Cheers bro, was wondering if you did all the cardio?
    Yes. Low intensity on the stationary bike or treadmill with a slight incline.
    **Misc Cologne Crew**

Tommo83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone else get people telling them this diet is unhealthy, I seem to be attracting wannabe nutritional "experts" on a regular basis at the moment.

Originally Posted by Tommo83 View Post
    Anyone else get people telling them this diet is unhealthy, I seem to be attracting wannabe nutritional "experts" on a regular basis at the moment.
    This isn't a healthy diet. It's a transformational diet.

The current diet we are eating on this transformation is extremely strict but it's only temporary. It cuts out things such as fruit, milk, and healthy fats (almonds / avocado) which are usually part of a regular healthy maintenance diet. However for our specific needs they are counter productive because they contain sugar (fructose in fruit, lactose in milk) and other similar things.

When you are finished this transformation it's always recommended to take a week or two off to eat a proper wide range of healthy food sources before starting it again (if you so choose, or other similar programs).

Believe me there are MUCH worse diets out there (and I'm talking about actual so called 'healthy diets' - not just the average American Y2k diet) than this one. Just make sure you take all your supplements like multivitamins and omegas to cover some of the nutrients that you aren't getting in your current diet.

Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Soylent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does Gethin ever stop in here? I am running the program for the 3rd time, and gotta admit, I am stronger, and leaner than ever......
    Last edited by Soylent; 02-24-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat!
    #55 1*

Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
    Does Gethin ever stop in here? I am running it program for the 3rd time, and gotta admit, I am stronger, and leaner than ever......
    Props bro! Keep pushing!

Page 125 of 235 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast