Page 209 of 235 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,270 of 7037
    MichaelW123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi All

I started this programme today and just wanted to make sure it was the right one for me. Im 5ft 6 and 156lbs. My arms and legs are very skinny and all the weight seems to be on my belly. Body fat is 33.7%. I'm looking to lose the belly and get bigger arms.

I bought all the supplements and today I did both sessions of cardio, the weights and ate the following. .

Breakfast (9am) - oats with skim milk and 3 egg
    whites

Lunch (1pm) - steak (fist size), 4 broccoli florets and 3/4 cup of brown rice.

2pm - musclepharm assault drink

Did my workout then straight after had a protein shake and added some creatine, glucomine in it. Also had that aminoblast in my water and drank that during the workout. These supplements are expensive here in the uk but I don't mind paying if its going to make a difference.

Dinner (7pm) - steak (fist size) and 4 broccoli florets.

I couldn't eat anymore, absolutely stuffed. Had a multivitamin and a 3 fish oil capsules too.

Mike

locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) locoo20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adrian77 View Post
    If you are trying to bulk, this is the wrong program. On a bulk, you should be eating about 200-300 calories above maintenance and gain somewhere between 0.5-1lb/week. Bulking should be done between 10-15% BF. Above this, your body has more issues partitioning calories and you end up adding a bigger percentage of fat. So ideally you want to start a bulk around 10-12% then switch to a cut at 15%. If you have very low muscle mass, you can cut and add muscle at the same time but beyond a point it becomes a less effective way to train. I would not advise this program to anyone who is bulking. AT ALL.

When you bulk, you can eat whatever you like as long as you are hitting your macros.

Glutamine is a complete waste of time if you are eating enough protein. Same goes for protein powder. Creatine is a helpful, just stick with Optimum Nutrition's Creatine. You are wasting your money getting any of the fancy ones.
    Thanks a lot. I'm still above 15% BF I guess I'll just keep doing this program until 10-12% BF and then switch to another program for the bulking. Will get the creatine as well and try to eat more.

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bdubbs55 View Post
    Its saying my matinence is about 3k so your saying I nedd to intake about 2500? And im thinking adding veggies could be good havent been to regular so that could be a big issue. Any other tips a greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I'd suggest starting with 2500, do that for a week and see what happens. You want to lose about 1.5-2lbs a week. If you aren't in that zone, you need to make adjustments for the next week. If you lose less, then cut 20% of your carbs OR increase your cardio by 5 mins/session. If you are slightly over, don't make any changes. If you are drastically over then you need to eat more. You should never need to go below 1/2 a cup of rice for each meal. IF you need to break a plateau at that point, just add cardio.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

"Nothing will slow your progress like a negative mindset."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xn54Irp-o

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MichaelW123 View Post
    Hi All

I started this programme today and just wanted to make sure it was the right one for me. Im 5ft 6 and 156lbs. My arms and legs are very skinny and all the weight seems to be on my belly. Body fat is 33.7%. I'm looking to lose the belly and get bigger arms.

I bought all the supplements and today I did both sessions of cardio, the weights and ate the following. .

Breakfast (9am) - oats with skim milk and 3 egg
    whites

Lunch (1pm) - steak (fist size), 4 broccoli florets and 3/4 cup of brown rice.

2pm - musclepharm assault drink

Did my workout then straight after had a protein shake and added some creatine, glucomine in it. Also had that aminoblast in my water and drank that during the workout. These supplements are expensive here in the uk but I don't mind paying if its going to make a difference.

Dinner (7pm) - steak (fist size) and 4 broccoli florets.

I couldn't eat anymore, absolutely stuffed. Had a multivitamin and a 3 fish oil capsules too.

Mike
    You should consider going to the doctor to have your thyroid and blood sugar checked out. To eat so little and be 33% BF would suggest you may have some metabolic issues.

Just do your best to eat as much as you can until you get to where you should be. As long as you are losing less than 2lbs/week, keep doing what you are doing. If you start to lose more than that then you need to cut back on your cardio.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

You should consider going to the doctor to have your thyroid and blood sugar checked out. To eat so little and be 33% BF would suggest you may have some metabolic issues.

Just do your best to eat as much as you can until you get to where you should be. As long as you are losing less than 2lbs/week, keep doing what you are doing. If you start to lose more than that then you need to cut back on your cardio.
    Hi

My diet before this program was embarrassing. I pretty much snacked day on chocolate and cakes all day.. and if I did eat something like a pizza ir would be just before I went to bed.. I'd even wake up in the middle of the night and usually ate a couple bars.

I actually play 7-8 hrs of competition badminton and I'd probably be much bigger if it weren't for that.

Monster1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im starting today. its tough with my schedule cuz im in the military but im going to do my best
    Monster Inside Me!!!

Hi

My diet before this program was embarrassing. I pretty much snacked day on chocolate and cakes all day.. and if I did eat something like a pizza ir would be just before I went to bed.. I'd even wake up in the middle of the night and usually ate a couple bars.

I actually play 7-8 hrs of competition badminton and I'd probably be much bigger if it weren't for that.
    If you can snack all day and night on junk food, why can't you eat the food in the program?

If you can snack all day and night on junk food, why can't you eat the food in the program?
    Good question. When I was snacking, it wasn't because I was hungry it was down to cravings. Does it take a while for your body to get use to this kind of diet if it's never been done before?

9:30am - Oats again and 3 white eggs + 2 fish oil and multivitamin
    12:45pm - Steak (fist size), brocolli and half cup of brown rice.

Going the gym at 3pm. I have 3 hours of badminton this evening 8-11pm so didn't do any cardio this morning and don't think I need to straight after the gym.

Will get a meal down me at 4pm and 7pm. Maybe try 5 meals tomorrow. Should I have more than 1 protein shake a day?

Mike

jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes it can take a while to get used to any diet. Its similar to that first time you start hitting the weights. After that first day, your hit hard with DOMS. eventually you won't be hit with soreness anything like that first few weeks, but in the end the pain is worth it.

Personally I have done several purges over the years and it always take some time for me to adjust mentally. I used to be hooked on the Mt.Dew, gone now. Chocolate, gone now. Salted everything, gone now.

The first few weeks are hard but stay focused and you will be much better for it!
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

11/18/2013 - 360 degree Labrum repair
    1/10/2014 - Finally released to PT

jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will get a meal down me at 4pm and 7pm. Maybe try 5 meals tomorrow. Should I have more than 1 protein shake a day?

Mike
    do you have a smartphone? if you do, download myfitnesspal or loseit apps. Log everything and be as detailed as possible. From there you will be able to easily see what your protein levels are at. If they are high enough (I believe its somewhere around 1 gram of protein for every pound of you).... might be higher if your a novice lifter. Hit up the nutrition section for tons of helpful advice.

Another protein shake might just be a waste if you have your nutrition macro's where they need to be.
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

Good question. When I was snacking, it wasn't because I was hungry it was down to cravings. Does it take a while for your body to get use to this kind of diet if it's never been done before?

9:30am - Oats again and 3 white eggs + 2 fish oil and multivitamin
    12:45pm - Steak (fist size), brocolli and half cup of brown rice.

Going the gym at 3pm. I have 3 hours of badminton this evening 8-11pm so didn't do any cardio this morning and don't think I need to straight after the gym.

Mike
    For some people, they have spent years under eating and their metabolism is shot and they gain weight by smelling cake. For them, their stomachs have also shrunk so they aren't able to eat much without feeling full.

What volume of food where you eating before?

Downloaded that myfitnesspal..

Entered in the meals I've had today, plus the protein shake I'll be having the gym plus the badminton for tonight.

Goal: 1200
    Food: +1187 (still need 2 add to meals)
    Exercise: -498 (still need to add calories for strength from the gym)
    Net: 689

It says my protein s 128g and I still need 64g for the day. I should get that from the last 2 meals so looks like I don't need an extra shake.

When I had a meal, I was eating a very large plate. I'd never get seconds or thirds. But as I say, it was always the wrong food. McDonalds, currys, KFC, bread then of course all the sugary chocolate, sweets and cakes.

Downloaded that myfitnesspal..

Entered in the meals I've had today, plus the protein shake I'll be having the gym plus the badminton for tonight.

Goal: 1200
    Food: +1187 (still need 2 add to meals)
    Exercise: -498 (still need to add calories for strength from the gym)
    Net: 689

It says my protein s 128g and I still need 64g for the day. I should get that from the last 2 meals so looks like I don't need an extra shake.

When I had a meal, I was eating a very large plate. I'd never get seconds or thirds. But as I say, it was always the wrong food. McDonalds, currys, KFC, bread then of course all the sugary chocolate, sweets and cakes.
    Well, there's no reason why you can't follow Kris' diet plan based on all of that. Try your best to follow it as closely as possible. Don't worry about all those supplements though.

shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up props to you.

this program really does look awesome. i like how its set out to coach you through everyday of the 12 weeks. its keeps you on track and keeps the workouts varied and exciting instead of being the same old stuff week in week out. great job i cant wait to start this.

phealey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finished week 7 - got a little bit behind in the program but managed to drop 10kg (22lbs) overall. Happy with the training, my modified diet is going well and I'm usually throwing in a cheat meal once or twice a week, though these meals tend to be just bigger quantities of healthy food, had a great mexican vegan feast at a friends recently

Anyway, off interstate for business this week, so will be interesting to see how my weight goes off the diet but still trying to eat healthy, probably only cardio work during this week.

kapitol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started this plan last Sunday 2/10. I am now on Wk2 Day12 and I'm not sure if I'm dropping weight like I should be (3.8 lbs). I have a tough time getting my cut calculations right for my diet. I read the whole article Emma-Leigh wrote and calculated ~2500 as my maintenance as I am 5'7", 181.2lb (82.2kg) and 19.2%bf as of this past Sunday. I started trying to keep my calories at 2000 using MyFitnessPal and my macros as follows: 200g/85g/100g Protein/Carbs/Fat. Does this seem right?

I am taking Optimum Natural Whey, NOW Adam Multi's, Optimum Amino 2222, CLA Extreme and pre-workout I take TwinLab Nitric Fuel and GNC Amplified Muscle Igniter which actually really keeps me focused and helps my reps. I keep reading that supplements aren't really necessary, but I am also reading that creatine is the most effective supp for building lean muscle (while adding water weight) and I don't take creatine.

Diet and supps have mind = blown. I could use some advice...
    Last edited by kapitol; 02-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

If you don't know what it is to fail, how will you ever succeed? Tomorrow is not promised.

Originally Posted by kapitol View Post
    Started this plan last Sunday 2/10. I am now on Wk2 Day12 and I'm not sure if I'm dropping weight like I should be (3.8 lbs). I have a tough time getting my cut calculations right for my diet. I read the whole article Emma-Leigh wrote and calculated ~2500 as my maintenance as I am 5'7", 181.2lb (82.2kg) and 19.2%bf as of this past Sunday. I started trying to keep my calories at 2000 using MyFitnessPal and my macros as follows: 200g/85g/100g Protein/Carbs/Fat. Does this seem right?

I am taking Optimum Natural Whey, NOW Adam Multi's, Optimum Amino 2222, CLA Extreme and pre-workout I take TwinLab Nitric Fuel and GNC Amplified Muscle Igniter which actually really keeps me focused and helps my reps. I keep reading that supplements aren't really necessary, but I am also reading that creatine is the most effective supp for building lean muscle (while adding water weight) and I don't take creatine.

Diet and supps have mind = blown. I could use some advice...
    what do you need help with. It looks like you have a basis down fairly well. It takes time to drop weight. Sometimes it comes off fast, but the majority of time it takes time to lose weight. How long have you been at it? You don't want to drop too much weight per week, but a goal of a half pound to a pound at the max is around where you want to shoot for.

As far as suppliments go you need a good multi-vitiman, Creatine, and maybe whey protein if you find that you are lacking in your daily intake of protein. IMO I would rather get protein from natural food sources and not a bag, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The rest of the stuff is (sorry to say since you appear to have already purchased it) just fluff. It provides a minor boost here and there, but not really worth the cost. That being said, I take a preworkout and I would also recommend it becasue of the focus levels and energy it gives me (since I'm up a little early...)

harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) harsh0705 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up on week 8

Just finished week 7 yesterday! haven't seen any dramatic results yet but like kris said most results are seen in last 4 weeks.

I haven't been following the diet plan because i am vegetarian, just the training and supplements.

I have lost 1 body fat% and my weight went up about 4 pounds.

TEAMJAY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on week 8 I started jan 4th I weighed 170 lbs and now I am 177. I gained 1 lb a week! It has always been a struggle for me to gain mass but this program really works. I saw results early as week 3. I do only 10 mins of cardio because I wanted to gain size...

jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've completed my 12 weeks. Lost 15lbs, waist went from a 32" to 30". check out my before and after on my bodyspace. Love it.

Originally Posted by jett69 View Post
    I've completed my 12 weeks. Lost 15lbs, waist went from a 32" to 30". check out my before and after on my bodyspace. Love it.
    Good job man, well done.

2klude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and very new to working out.

I have a question in regards to when to take my after workout protein shake. I have a lot of weight to drop and was planning on doing only a 10min cardio warmup before the workout and 30min cardio after. So when should I take my post workout shake. Should I do it after lifting and then proceed to 30min of cardio or should I do it at the very end of the workout, after my 30min cardio.

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by 2klude View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and very new to working out.

I have a question in regards to when to take my after workout protein shake. I have a lot of weight to drop and was planning on doing only a 10min cardio warmup before the workout and 30min cardio after. So when should I take my post workout shake. Should I do it after lifting and then proceed to 30min of cardio or should I do it at the very end of the workout, after my 30min cardio.

Thanks guys
    Traditionally you take it after lifting, but the truth is that it doesn't matter as long as you have a pre-workout meal. To be perfectly honest, you don't need it at all, it's a marketing ploy used by supplement companies.

sonu_sk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finished week 6,down from 75.7kg to 71.3kg this morning,lost 1.1kg from last 2 weeks.
    Diet is going good,reduced oats to 3/4 cup and and only fibrous carbs in last two meals and cardio incresed to 25m twice a day.
    Mentally strong,physically not bad,however,when i did chest and shoulder this week,i found some strenght reduction,so a bit demotivated about this. Can't see much changes in the mirror, which i really find it hard to swallow...

Originally Posted by sonu_sk View Post
    Finished week 6,down from 75.7kg to 71.3kg this morning,lost 1.1kg from last 2 weeks.
    Diet is going good,reduced oats to 3/4 cup and and only fibrous carbs in last two meals and cardio incresed to 25m twice a day.
    Mentally strong,physically not bad,however,when i did chest and shoulder this week,i found some strenght reduction,so a bit demotivated about this. Can't see much changes in the mirror, which i really find it hard to swallow...
    From week to week, you will get days where you will be more tired and weaker. It may be the amount of sleep you had, water intake, meal timing etc. Some degree of weakness is also normal because you are on a long cut. So I wouldn't worry so much at this point. IF it's a constant problem, then at that point you may need to address things. The best way to measure progress is BF%. As long as you are seeing that go down then you are fine. What BF% are you now?

2klude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Traditionally you take it after lifting, but the truth is that it doesn't matter as long as you have a pre-workout meal. To be perfectly honest, you don't need it at all, it's a marketing ploy used by supplement companies.
    I normally workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I was planning to incorporate some type of pre-workout drink like c4 or jack3d. Should I be eating more before my workout. I always though it was good to workout on an empty stomach if trying to lose weight.

I normally workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I was planning to incorporate some type of pre-workout drink like c4 or jack3d. Should I be eating more before my workout. I always though it was good to workout on an empty stomach if trying to lose weight.
    The problem is that the intensity of Kris' workout is too much on an empty stomach. It will be too catabolic as well. To get the most out of the training you do need to get a light meal in. Even if it's a protein shake with oats blended into it.

A pre-workout has nothing to do with giving you calories. It's basically caffeine and a few other things to assist with focus and pump. I'd recommend Craze Raspberry by Driven Sports as a pre-workout.

I'm an early morning guy as well. I have 3 scrambled eggs at least 30 minutes before I go in. You don't want to eat too much, but you need the fuel to burn. I've never been a fan of fasted workouts. I also currently use Jack3d as my preworkout. I take it because I work out in the morning and need that push to get moving. There are several preworkouts out there, some with stim products in there, some without the stim. I prefer the stim because it gets me moving better...

kapitol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jedema View Post
    what do you need help with. It looks like you have a basis down fairly well. It takes time to drop weight. Sometimes it comes off fast, but the majority of time it takes time to lose weight. How long have you been at it? You don't want to drop too much weight per week, but a goal of a half pound to a pound at the max is around where you want to shoot for.

As far as suppliments go you need a good multi-vitiman, Creatine, and maybe whey protein if you find that you are lacking in your daily intake of protein. IMO I would rather get protein from natural food sources and not a bag, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The rest of the stuff is (sorry to say since you appear to have already purchased it) just fluff. It provides a minor boost here and there, but not really worth the cost. That being said, I take a preworkout and I would also recommend it becasue of the focus levels and energy it gives me (since I'm up a little early...)

I just wanted to make sure my calculations seemed right (even though I'm a math major). I messed around with the Bizzy Diet for 3 wk in January, but started Kris' program last Sunday.

So I have a multi-vitamin and I take the natural whey to compensate for protein. I'm working on getting more protein from food now. Like I said diet is the biggest challenge for me.

That being said... which type of creatine(monohydrate, hcl, etc..) should I go for? Do I need to compensate for creatine water weight gain with cardio? Suggestions for a pre-workout? I want to stay away from artificial sweeteners and I want to get down around 10% bf by the third week of April.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

If you don't know what it is to fail, how will you ever succeed? Tomorrow is not promised.

jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good job man, well done.
    You're really helped me a lot. I'm debating if I should do the 5x5 or shortcut to size. I like the STS just cause I could get it done under an hour and like the workout routine.

Page 209 of 235 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 ... LastLast