Page 210 of 235 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 7037
    jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kapitol View Post
    I just wanted to make sure my calculations seemed right (even though I'm a math major). I messed around with the Bizzy Diet for 3 wk in January, but started Kris' program last Sunday.

So I have a multi-vitamin and I take the natural whey to compensate for protein. I'm working on getting more protein from food now. Like I said diet is the biggest challenge for me.

That being said... which type of creatine(monohydrate, hcl, etc..) should I go for? Do I need to compensate for creatine water weight gain with cardio? Suggestions for a pre-workout? I want to stay away from artificial sweeteners and I want to get down around 10% bf by the third week of April.
    I'll trust you to your calculations... math major... sheesh.
    As far as protein goes, have you looked at Tuna Fish? Those little cans pack a ton of protein...

In regards to Creatine, I reccomend a pure creatine. AllMax has a pure creatine that you can get in a 1000gram tub here. I'd post a link but I'm not allowed until I get over 50 posts.
    I'm not a big fan of all the additional stuff they they push into it. I think you get the most bang from your buck when you use this stuff. One serving per day should be more than sufficient.

When it comes to a preworkout those usually run on personal preference. Sometimes one person can react badly to one, while another person won't have any issues. I use Jack3d (old formula that I purchase on a different website). Read the reviews before you buy it here, and do some research in the suppliments forum. I'm sure that most questions you would have regarding it have been asked several times.
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

11/18/2013 - 360 degree Labrum repair
    1/10/2014 - Finally released to PT

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jett69 View Post
    You're really helped me a lot. I'm debating if I should do the 5x5 or shortcut to size. I like the STS just cause I could get it done under an hour and like the workout routine.
    Shortcut to size is a sh!t routine. I can't stress that strongly enough. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea.

If you want a program with micro-cycles, you are better off with a 5/3/1 variation. But to be honest, I think you would get better gains right now if you started with a linear program like the 5x5 I gave you. Even if you just did the first 3 exercises and 3x8 biceps and triceps, you'd kick anyone's as$ doing STS.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

"Nothing will slow your progress like a negative mindset."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xn54Irp-o

kapitol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tuna...why didn't I think of that. I'll look into the creatine and prework.

Thanks.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

If you don't know what it is to fail, how will you ever succeed? Tomorrow is not promised.

jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Adrian77 View Post
    Shortcut to size is a sh!t routine. I can't stress that strongly enough. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea.

If you want a program with micro-cycles, you are better off with a 5/3/1 variation. But to be honest, I think you would get better gains right now if you started with a linear program like the 5x5 I gave you. Even if you just did the first 3 exercises and 3x8 biceps and triceps, you'd kick anyone's as$ doing STS.
    Alright, 5x5 here I come. Thanks

knink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys...I was doing the AllPro routine and thought I would change things a little and do this one for the next 12 weeks. I had a couple of questions regarding the routine.
    1. How do you typically cook the steak/chicken breast etc ?
    2. I will be working out in the mornings, so can I just get a preworkout in and hit the gym? or do you suggest I have a meal before?
    3. Regarding the supplements, am limiting myself to a preworkout (cellucor c4 extreme) and whey protein post workout along with some multivitamins later in the day. I hope am not missing out any essential stuff here?

Looking forward to any suggestions you might have before I start this on monday!

Cheers

Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrian77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by knink View Post
    Hey guys...I was doing the AllPro routine and thought I would change things a little and do this one for the next 12 weeks. I had a couple of questions regarding the routine.
    1. How do you typically cook the steak/chicken breast etc ?
    2. I will be working out in the mornings, so can I just get a preworkout in and hit the gym? or do you suggest I have a meal before?
    3. Regarding the supplements, am limiting myself to a preworkout (cellucor c4 extreme) and whey protein post workout along with some multivitamins later in the day. I hope am not missing out any essential stuff here?

Looking forward to any suggestions you might have before I start this on monday!

Cheers
    1. Any way you like with minimal/no oil. Use oil spray if you really have to use oil. The more creative the better. eg rather than just a hunk of chicken, some wholemeal pasta, and a cup of veg, you can make chicken noodle soup with the same ingredients plus a stock cube and water.

2. You need to at least have a protein shake with oats blended into it beofre training. Any light meal will be fine as long as it contains ~25g of protein.

3. You need to add fish oil tablets. You need the omega3 fatty acids considering your diet for the next 3 months. Most people will actually benefit from an omega3 supplement regardless.
    "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

Zoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First post on bb.com so, first of all, hi everyone.
    I'll start the program tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it, goal is to get ripped for the first time ever. Have had some okay progress regarding fat loss but lately I ****ed up my diet pretty bad and need to start again and I am pretty motivated now. Tbh I'm quite small already and will be even smaller after the 3 months, but I really want to get low bf% before starting a bulk because then I can bulk for a longer amount of time. Will be taking progress pics and probably starting to be active on bodyspace later on.
    I am 18 yo, 6'2" and I guess around 187-190lbs now, bloated. If I get ripped/lean I guess I'll only weight like around 167-170lbs and compared to my height it's pretty low but I used to be the fat kid and even though I'm normal weight now I want to shed the last bits of fat which are really stuck on my lower abs, lower back and inner thighs.

So yeah, my journey of 84 days will start tomorrow, I really hope I'll be able to stick to the diet which has always been the hardest part for me. We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by Zoc View Post
    First post on bb.com so, first of all, hi everyone.
    I'll start the program tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it, goal is to get ripped for the first time ever. Have had some okay progress regarding fat loss but lately I ****ed up my diet pretty bad and need to start again and I am pretty motivated now. Tbh I'm quite small already and will be even smaller after the 3 months, but I really want to get low bf% before starting a bulk because then I can bulk for a longer amount of time. Will be taking progress pics and probably starting to be active on bodyspace later on.
    I am 18 yo, 6'2" and I guess around 187-190lbs now, bloated. If I get ripped/lean I guess I'll only weight like around 167-170lbs and compared to my height it's pretty low but I used to be the fat kid and even though I'm normal weight now I want to shed the last bits of fat which are really stuck on my lower abs, lower back and inner thighs.

So yeah, my journey of 84 days will start tomorrow, I really hope I'll be able to stick to the diet which has always been the hardest part for me. We'll see what happens.
    Aim to start bulking at 12% BF. If you don't have much muscle mass, going below this will make people freak out and think you have an eating disorder. Only go up to 15% BF and you may possibly be able to look ok cutting to 10% BF from then on.

Getting an extremely low BF% will only make it harder to bulk because your hormones will start shutting off and the time taken to get there is a waste when you would benefit more from shorter cycles.

mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mnelson6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Been on a diet break for a couple weeks (although I still lost almost 2lbs, probably due to no weight training on my 7 day vacation).

Back to day 1. Will do this again until I reach 220lbs. Hoping to hit that by 3/31/12. Then time to bulk.

Aim to start bulking at 12% BF. If you don't have much muscle mass, going below this will make people freak out and think you have an eating disorder. Only go up to 15% BF and you may possibly be able to look ok cutting to 10% BF from then on.

Getting an extremely low BF% will only make it harder to bulk because your hormones will start shutting off and the time taken to get there is a waste when you would benefit more from shorter cycles.
    Yeah I was thinking to start bulking at around 10% or so but we'll see. Thanks for your input.

Btw, the cardio should be done in the morning and in the evening but due to my current situation I'm not able to drive to the gym at the time I want to do my lifting so I'll walk to and from the gym which takes around 20-25 minutes per direction. So I get the right amount of cardio done but the gap between them is only the time I'm lifting. Probably doesn't matter much but that's just how I need to do this for now.

jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Btw, the cardio should be done in the morning and in the evening but due to my current situation I'm not able to drive to the gym at the time I want to do my lifting so I'll walk to and from the gym which takes around 20-25 minutes per direction. So I get the right amount of cardio done but the gap between them is only the time I'm lifting. Probably doesn't matter much but that's just how I need to do this for now.
    I do the same thing. If you watch Kris's video's he also frequently does his second cardio session right after weightlifting. I don't think its a big deal myself, just so long as it gets done.
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

11/18/2013 - 360 degree Labrum repair
    1/10/2014 - Finally released to PT

Yeah I was thinking to start bulking at around 10% or so but we'll see. Thanks for your input.

If that's what you have to do, then there's nothing much else you can do about it. Aim to lose 1-1.5lbs each week, you should be done in about 6 weeks.

1. Any way you like with minimal/no oil. Use oil spray if you really have to use oil. The more creative the better. eg rather than just a hunk of chicken, some wholemeal pasta, and a cup of veg, you can make chicken noodle soup with the same ingredients plus a stock cube and water.

2. You need to at least have a protein shake with oats blended into it beofre training. Any light meal will be fine as long as it contains ~25g of protein.

3. You need to add fish oil tablets. You need the omega3 fatty acids considering your diet for the next 3 months. Most people will actually benefit from an omega3 supplement regardless.
    Thank you very much. I just finished day 1. I will incorporate the protein shake with oats blended into it from tomorrow. So, just so I got this right...take the protein shake with oats, followed by the pre-workout(cellucor c4) and then the protein shake again post-workout?

How many of the fishoil caps will i need to take daily? can i take it along with the multi-vitamins for breakfast?

I really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deku has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm on day 51. In the earlier videos, I was promised protein muffins. I'm craving for something bad. Does anyone know where that recipe is?

Thank you very much. I just finished day 1. I will incorporate the protein shake with oats blended into it from tomorrow. So, just so I got this right...take the protein shake with oats, followed by the pre-workout(cellucor c4) and then the protein shake again post-workout?

How many of the fishoil caps will i need to take daily? can i take it along with the multi-vitamins for breakfast?

Protein shake right after lifting before cardio. I always lift then cardio at the gym. At some point sometimes I want to puke after lifting, taking the protein shake stops that for me. Fish oil, I take 1 x 3 times a day with my multi-vitamin and some other stuff. You can take 1-2 up to 3x a day. Sometimes I switch it up and take 2 when I feel adventurous.
    Semper Fi

chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just do cardio before I lift, then the last cardio session after weights. Only way to get it done due to my schedule. I'm on week 8
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog."

The protein shake after is optional. I'd rather you just go home/work and have a proper meal considering you haven't had one up to that point. Do not waste your time and money on Vitargo. You could probably eat an ice cream, a donut and a cup of coffee for the number of calories. Spiking insulin post workout is a myth.

Follow the instructions on the fish oil bottle. Fish oil comes in a wide range of concentrations so giving you a number is impossible.
    Last edited by Adrian77; 02-25-2013 at 04:27 PM.

The protein shake after is optional. I'd rather you just go home/work and have a proper meal considering you haven't had one up to that point. Do not waste your time and money on Vitargo. You could probably eat an ice cream, a donut and a cup of coffee for the number of calories. Spiking insulin post workout is a myth.

Follow the instructions on the fish oil bottle. Fish oil comes in a wide range of concentrations so giving you a number is impossible.
    Oh okie. I was under the impression that it is NECESSARY to take why isolates immediately post workout 'cos your body needs them most then.
    I guess will just do the protein+oats shake (and the c4) before i hit the gym and come back and have a meal. (btw i have no clue what vitargo is )

Thanks a lot for you input!

Oh okie. I was under the impression that it is NECESSARY to take why isolates immediately post workout 'cos your body needs them most then.
    I guess will just do the protein+oats shake (and the c4) before i hit the gym and come back and have a meal. (btw i have no clue what vitargo is )

Thanks a lot for you input!
    That's a myth propagated by supplement companies because it makes them a lot of money doing so. The protein in your pre-workout meal is more than enough to cover your needs.

birdman3317 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 weeks in

I took my before pic, 8 more weeks until my after. Four weeks in seeing some results in my strength and weight loss. I lost 14 lbs the first 3 weeks but got off my diet yesterday evening and destroyed some of my progress. Kinda depressing because I want the results, but know I can't slip again. So today I went on a 5 mile pay back run. Tomorrow...back and biceps.

djc87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys need some help...just started week 4 and gained 2 lbs (153lbs)?! I had my BF checked at 151lbs and i was at around 13% my goal is to get to 8-9% which would put me at 140-143lbs.. can i still drop 12lbs with 9 weeks left?!

ps i am assuming the gain in weight has been muscle? I do cardio 4-5 times a week and no fat burner and have been losing a little over a lb a week until this week where i gained 2 lbs

jvspecv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Due to my schedule as well, my daily workout goes: immediately after work, 20 minutes cardio (usually the elliptical), 150 twists, lifting, another 20-25 minutes of cardio (elliptical if available or bike) then 15-20 minutes in the steam room. Anyone see a problem with this? Off days, I usually go swimming for an hour or so after work. I work on a military installation so the gym is 5 minutes down the road and the indoor pool is another 150 ft down the road from there.

Oh yea......today is day 35 for me.

Originally Posted by djc87 View Post
    Hey guys need some help...just started week 4 and gained 2 lbs (153lbs)?! I had my BF checked at 151lbs and i was at around 13% my goal is to get to 8-9% which would put me at 140-143lbs.. can i still drop 12lbs with 9 weeks left?!

ps i am assuming the gain in weight has been muscle? I do cardio 4-5 times a week and no fat burner and have been losing a little over a lb a week until this week where i gained 2 lbs
    Firstly, unless you somehow managed to average an extra thousand calories every day (or 7000 calories in 1 day!), it is unliikely that you have gained 2lbs of fat. More than likely it has to do with what time you weighed yourself, how much water you have drunk, when your last bowel movement was or a change with your meal timing.

In other words, it's extra weight from food moving through your system. I'd suggest weighing yourself again in the morning after you've emptied your bowel. Getting this wrong can make a 4lb or more difference on the scale. So you think you gained but in actual fact, you may have still lost a lb or 2. The only other thing I could think of is that you have used a different scale than normal. Scales will vary and give you your 2lbs gain.

At your size, I would not recommend trying to go for such a low body fat percentage. Apart from ending up looking like a scarecrow, you'll also be wasting a lot of time getting down that low only to bounce right out the moment you start eating normally again. The lowest you should go at the moment is 10%. Bulk up to 15% (200-300 cal above maintenance) and repeat the process.

Originally Posted by jvspecv View Post
    Due to my schedule as well, my daily workout goes: immediately after work, 20 minutes cardio (usually the elliptical), 150 twists, lifting, another 20-25 minutes of cardio (elliptical if available or bike) then 15-20 minutes in the steam room. Anyone see a problem with this? Off days, I usually go swimming for an hour or so after work. I work on a military installation so the gym is 5 minutes down the road and the indoor pool is another 150 ft down the road from there.

Oh yea......today is day 35 for me.
    It's better to split your cardio at either end of the day but if you can't manage this then just keep doing what you are doing.

Firstly, unless you somehow managed to average an extra thousand calories every day (or 7000 calories in 1 day!), it is unliikely that you have gained 2lbs of fat. More than likely it has to do with what time you weighed yourself, how much water you have drunk, when your last bowel movement was or a change with your meal timing.

In other words, it's extra weight from food moving through your system. I'd suggest weighing yourself again in the morning after you've emptied your bowel. Getting this wrong can make a 4lb or more difference on the scale. So you think you gained but in actual fact, you may have still lost a lb or 2. The only other thing I could think of is that you have used a different scale than normal. Scales will vary and give you your 2lbs gain.

At your size, I would not recommend trying to go for such a low body fat percentage. Apart from ending up looking like a scarecrow, you'll also be wasting a lot of time getting down that low only to bounce right out the moment you start eating normally again. The lowest you should go at the moment is 10%. Bulk up to 15% (200-300 cal above maintenance) and repeat the process.
    yeah the only reason im really doing this is to get rid of my gut and to get a six pack... but yeah i did cheat a bit but i did extra cardio the following day but i know it couldn't have been 2 lbs and yeah i did weight myself in the morning but didn't have a bowel movement prior to my weigh in so i will check again next week.

PS after this program i will be doing his 4 week DTP to put on muscle

rotisserie chicken?

can we have rotisserie chicken on this diet? I looked up some nutritional facts on skinless white rotisserie chicken and it seems to be decent..2g fat 30g protein no saturated fat but a bit high in sodium but i drink a gallon of water a day so that should off set the sodium..

any thoughts?

yeah the only reason im really doing this is to get rid of my gut and to get a six pack... but yeah i did cheat a bit but i did extra cardio the following day but i know it couldn't have been 2 lbs and yeah i did weight myself in the morning but didn't have a bowel movement prior to my weigh in so i will check again next week.

PS after this program i will be doing his 4 week DTP to put on muscle
    Just weigh yourself tomorrow morning. You still need to find out if you need to make adjustments to this week.

DTP isn't optimal for you. You need to pick a full body program that trains each muscle group three times a week. Anything else will be slower progression. There are plenty of options in the stickies.

can we have rotisserie chicken on this diet? I looked up some nutritional facts on skinless white rotisserie chicken and it seems to be decent..2g fat 30g protein no saturated fat but a bit high in sodium but i drink a gallon of water a day so that should off set the sodium..

any thoughts?
    That's fine. Just remove any fat or skin before you eat it.

chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^ yeah I do the same. I peel off all the skin. The rest is good...
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog."

Quick and maybe too obvious question but whatever:
    If you are trying to cut down while on the program you'll probably eat less calories on the rest (only cardio) days than on gym days. But do you reduce the amount of everything evenly or just cut out carbs or what are your opinions? Or is it said somewhere in the program and I just failed to notice it?

Quick and maybe too obvious question but whatever:
    If you are trying to cut down while on the program you'll probably eat less calories on the rest (only cardio) days than on gym days. But do you reduce the amount of everything evenly or just cut out carbs or what are your opinions? Or is it said somewhere in the program and I just failed to notice it?
    You keep the calories the same for every day. I am sure Kris must say it somewhere.

Your body works on time scales much longer than 24 hours. It won't make any difference eating more one day and less on another if the total number of calories is the same.

Page 210 of 235 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 ... LastLast