Page 123 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 7037
    dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Freakyfresh View Post
    This might be a stupid question so please forgive me if it is.

Does it matter if your skinny, fat, or inbetween when you start this specific workout and diet plan? Will you still see results at the end of the 12 weeks if you follow it properly? Because some people have told me you'd get better results if you was quite fat rather than skinny? Because I'm quite skinny, 10 stone to be exact. :/
    I was skinny fat 155lbs when I started and ended up at 168. My before and after pics are here somewhere maybe 2-3 pages back.
    **Misc Cologne Crew**

Decants available. Amouage, CDG, Le Labo, MFK, Byredo Canada Only.

It's really quite simple....... either you do it or you don't.

Freakyfresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dizzy242 View Post
    I was skinny fat 155lbs when I started and ended up at 168. My before and after pics are here somewhere maybe 2-3 pages back.
    Originally Posted by metalrocke View Post
    Nope it doesnt matter, thats what I like about this program, just make sure you follow the diet plan and try to eat more
    Thanks for the reply guys. I've noticed I haven't lost or gained any weight since I first started but my friends and family have noticed some change in my appearance. Like more built you know? My pictures also show a little difference. Kris in week 3/4 says that if you platteao you should cut out 1/4 of carbs... Which, in theory, is what has happened to me. Should I stick with the usual fist size protein and a cup full of carbs throughout my program? I'll also aim for a solid 7 meals a day without any shakes also...

wincaps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheAlchemist1 View Post
    I know the Kris's diet says DON'T take any sugary drink or what not, but I make an exception for Creatine. Creatine is best suited with grape juice and goes directly into your bloodstream via the sugar. I guess you can, because the Vitargo supp works the same way. I take mine with apple juice and try to limit how much apple juice I drink with it to be honest. Don't know where you're from but around here I buy the Allens low acid 50% reduced sugar juice and drink like 40% of a cup with my scoop.

Kris uses that special creatine.

As for the workouts/energy and doing two a day, I suggest you don't. I think your muscles need to recover and if you've been pushing yourself on this program, you know that every workout maximizes and shocks your muscles. If you have that much energy, I'd suggest upping the weight in your next workouts brah.

And your dad should be good on the supplements. Maybe not the creatine though, if he's older and has weaker kidneys? Unless you get the Kre-Alkalyn stuff.
    Great! Thnanks you for your help! I'll be sure to find a sugary drink but is lower than your normal juice type drinks! As for 2 adays... they are a no go. Tried it the other night and I already feel like I need the time ti recover.

Thanks again!

So far I have really enjoyed the program and tonight I'm starting Week 3. I'm beginning to rethink things though seeing how many people doing this program are trying to lose a good bit of fat including Kris. I have an ectomorphic body type so most of my life I have been able to eat whatever and stay pretty lean and skinny. I have never had much fat or muscle on my body. With that said should I be doing things differently that Kris? I dont have much fat to lose (mainly some on my stomach) but I would like to continue to lose some fat while putting on size and muscle.

Should I be doing things differently than Kris such as taking certain types of supplements, lifting heavier weights, or eating more throughout the day for us hard gainers?

Any and all insight would be much appreciated!

jelite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jelite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jelite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jelite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aziz89 View Post
    Do you mean, cut down the time ? like 5 minutes for cardio? BTW I am taking Amplified Mass XXX
    No instead of doing cardio 7 days out of the week I would do cardio maybe 3 days a week and still hit the 2 cardio sessions on those days for 20 min. For example on a week you normally have atleast 2 rest days, so I would do a 2o min cardio in the a.m. and one in the afternoon\evening. Then pick another day in the week to do your cardio in the morning, lift weights afternoon , and cardio immediately after. There is your cardio for 3 days a week.

I have heard kris answer these types of questions on the transformation body group. You should check it out for other questions.

CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wincaps View Post
    So far I have really enjoyed the program and tonight I'm starting Week 3. I'm beginning to rethink things though seeing how many people doing this program are trying to lose a good bit of fat including Kris. I have an ectomorphic body type so most of my life I have been able to eat whatever and stay pretty lean and skinny. I have never had much fat or muscle on my body. With that said should I be doing things differently that Kris? I dont have much fat to lose (mainly some on my stomach) but I would like to continue to lose some fat while putting on size and muscle.

Should I be doing things differently than Kris such as taking certain types of supplements, lifting heavier weights, or eating more throughout the day for us hard gainers?

Any and all insight would be much appreciated!

I'm in the same boat bro, I am also an ectomorph.
    I am just staying strict to his diet plan and doing the cardio as well as upping the carb portion to 1.5 cups. I find I see more results with the increase in carbs. I will drop the carbs down in sort of week 9 to cut completely, but have a look at my week 5 pics and you will see the extent of what I've achieved so far.
    Also, check out Dizzy's bodyspace as he is my inspiration throughout this as his results are my dream results.

CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CS91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dizzy242 View Post
    Diz, you stuck to your cardio properly right? 7 days a week, 40-50mins a day?
    Some people as you can see are stating to do less for an ectomorph?

Originally Posted by CS91 View Post
    I am just staying strict to his diet plan and doing the cardio as well as upping the carb portion to 1.5 cups. I find I see more results with the increase in carbs. I will drop the carbs down in sort of week 9 to cut completely, but have a look at my week 5 pics and you will see the extent of what I've achieved so far.
    Also, check out Dizzy's bodyspace as he is my inspiration throughout this as his results are my dream results.
    That's a good idea. If you was to roughly weigh your 1.5 cups of carbs, how much would they weigh?

TheAlchemist1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Confused.

Haven't seen anyone answer a Q of mine,

I'm wondering if Basketball ball handling drills are sufficient enough for the cardio? I do break out into a sweat, So I'd guess so. What do you guys think?

EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheAlchemist1 View Post
    Haven't seen anyone answer a Q of mine,

I'm wondering if Basketball ball handling drills are sufficient enough for the cardio? I do break out into a sweat, So I'd guess so. What do you guys think?
    If you want Kris' results then train like Kris, if you are willing to risk and experiment then do so - just keep that in mind.

It's good to vary cardio anyways so you don't get bored, so basketball probably would be sufficient.

That's a good idea. If you was to roughly weigh your 1.5 cups of carbs, how much would they weigh?
    Hmm, unsure mate, maybe google '1.5 cups cooked brown rice in grams'

Hmm, unsure mate, maybe google '1.5 cups cooked brown rice in grams'
    I just weighed out some whole wheat pasta in a cup, filled to the brim, came to about 200grams on my scales, so i think ill just stick with that size and maybe decrease my cardio.

Diz, you stuck to your cardio properly right? 7 days a week, 40-50mins a day?
    Some people as you can see are stating to do less for an ectomorph?
    I also would like to know this.

Nice! Thanks for the info. Checked out your week 5 photos and It looks like you have made some obvious gains since day 1 - good work! I have been eating mainly, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and veggies as my carb sources. Even though I have one of those with every meal I have been eating a medium to small amount of carbs since I keep thinking im gunna put on fat around my stomach. Even though I seem to be an ectomorph my stomach is where I hold most of the fat on my body. Maybe I'm over thinking things...

Also, saw you pic food you've been preparing. How far in advance are you cooking your meals? Right now I have been cooking my fish & chicken just for the next day or 2. Looks like you prepare for the whole week here all at once! I'm always worried if I leaved cooked fish or chicken in the fridge that its gunna go bad after 4-5 days.

I just weighed out some whole wheat pasta in a cup, filled to the brim, came to about 200grams on my scales, so i think ill just stick with that size and maybe decrease my cardio.

I also would like to know this.
    Anyone else not seeing much change in weight on the scales? I just started week 3 and since Day 1 I've gained 1-2 pounds. Though I'm not seen much change on the scales I am seeing a lot of change in the mirror (less fat & more muscle). I am for sure more tones and muscular. To me it sounds like im hovering around the same weight, 188 lbs (6 feet tall), but this is mainly because I am losing the unwanted fat and gaining muscle, I guess. Does this sound about right? I know something good is going on because I have changed my lifestyle, I'm feeling better, and looking a lot bigger only after 14 days.

JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJC003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just finished week 6 in saturday: Body stats are in.

Weight: 180 (192 start)
    Bodyfat: 16% (19.5% start)
    Waist: 34.5 (38 start)
    Hips: 35 (38 start)
    Arms: 15 (14 start)
    Quads: 25 (24 start)
    Neck: 15 (17 start)
    Chest: 41 (43 Start

Forearm, Calfs, and Shoulders have all lost and have now gained back the inches lost. I'm happy with these results. I still want to loose 10-15lbs and with this progress I'm well on the way to meet my goal!

I was stuck at 183 pounds for 3 weeks and have now moved past that plateau and look forward to keep the fat burning machine on high!
    JJC003
    Micah 6:8

EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricChowles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JJC003 View Post
    Just finished week 6 in saturday: Body stats are in.

Weight: 180 (192 start)
    Bodyfat: 16% (19.5% start)
    Waist: 34.5 (38 start)
    Hips: 35 (38 start)
    Arms: 15 (14 start)
    Quads: 25 (24 start)
    Neck: 15 (17 start)
    Chest: 41 (43 Start

Forearm, Calfs, and Shoulders have all lost and have now gained back the inches lost. I'm happy with these results. I still want to loose 10-15lbs and with this progress I'm well on the way to meet my goal!

I was stuck at 183 pounds for 3 weeks and have now moved past that plateau and look forward to keep the fat burning machine on high!
    Good job man, your progress is excellent and your pictures show it too!

davidedders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    david edders david edders david edders david edders david edders david edders

Originally Posted by wincaps View Post
    Nice! Thanks for the info. Checked out your week 5 photos and It looks like you have made some obvious gains since day 1 - good work! I have been eating mainly, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and veggies as my carb sources. Even though I have one of those with every meal I have been eating a medium to small amount of carbs since I keep thinking im gunna put on fat around my stomach. Even though I seem to be an ectomorph my stomach is where I hold most of the fat on my body. Maybe I'm over thinking things...

Also, saw you pic food you've been preparing. How far in advance are you cooking your meals? Right now I have been cooking my fish & chicken just for the next day or 2. Looks like you prepare for the whole week here all at once! I'm always worried if I leaved cooked fish or chicken in the fridge that its gunna go bad after 4-5 days.
    My meals are bigger now as that was week one or two.
    Yeah because I'm always busy I cook one week in advance and put the meals into seperate freezer bags and freeze them. I pull the following days out to defrost in the fridge and go from there.
    Takes about 3.5 hours once a week, saves having to clean up 3-4 times.

macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) macaronicaesar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by csk8er View Post
    The DTP part of this was insane something i have never done before i hated it and loved it at the same time. Im glad i made it through every workout 100%. Yeah, my legs seemed to have improved the most imo and i love them. I look forward to starting this program again and gain more muscle and strength.

Ive tried many different programs, but this one takes the cake. If you want a transformation follow Kris Gethins 12wk workout and nutrition!

How was the performance, were you suffering from headaches or anything from the intense diet/strength training/cardio? I want to start this program, but it has me a bit intimidated.

weezbad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Something weird happened to me yesterday, well yesterday was day 3 for me and it was a rest day so I followed my meals and did my cardio and took the supplements (Vitamins, Xtend,Thermo grenade) that day.. I felt normal and all ... I dont know about you guys but sometimes I smoke at night.. if you know what I mean.. but I didnt have a good experience.. I started feeling weird.. very light headed and felt my heart racing.. I of course began to worry.. btw this was at night.. like an hour after I took my protein shake and night vitamins .. anyway I get up (i was sitting on a chair at that moment) and go to get some water and thats when I lost it.. my vision got dark , i got so weak and my girlfriend said my face looked pale.. so I try to walk to her and right when i got to her.. i dont remember anything.. I passed out cold for 30 seconds.. i feel backwards and hit my head.. i finally regained consciousness and got back up and I didnt know how I ended on the ground or what happened... I never fainted before.. could you think this is due to blood sugar being low because i only had 2 sweet potatoes that day?

Originally Posted by weezbad View Post
    Something weird happened to me yesterday, well yesterday was day 3 for me and it was a rest day so I followed my meals and did my cardio and took the supplements (Vitamins, Xtend,Thermo grenade) that day.. I felt normal and all ... I dont know about you guys but sometimes I smoke at night.. if you know what I mean.. but I didnt have a good experience.. I started feeling weird.. very light headed and felt my heart racing.. I of course began to worry.. btw this was at night.. like an hour after I took my protein shake and night vitamins .. anyway I get up (i was sitting on a chair at that moment) and go to get some water and thats when I lost it.. my vision got dark , i got so weak and my girlfriend said my face looked pale.. so I try to walk to her and right when i got to her.. i dont remember anything.. I passed out cold for 30 seconds.. i feel backwards and hit my head.. i finally regained consciousness and got back up and I didnt know how I ended on the ground or what happened... I never fainted before.. could you think this is due to blood sugar being low because i only had 2 sweet potatoes that day?
    Stop smoking the weed for 12 weeks mate. Can't be that hard right? It's defiantly due to your diet. I wouldn't do it again if i was you. Lay off it for 12 weeks and then have a smoke to celebrate at the end... so to speak

pawrus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sigh last week has been hard for me with a lot of events going on (weddings, Valentines, etc.) so I've been eating non stop and had to take off on 2 training days. Starting Week 4 now, and am motivated to redeem myself. On another note, my supplements are depleting so I was wondering if I can forego the Vitargo and replace the Myofusion with my other protein power, ISO-1000. Also the concret is gone so is C-4 a good option?

Yeah I agree with the above poster.
    Since your fat intake is low as well as sugars, your body is naturally going to crave it, I mean for instance a smoker trying to quit has a hard time because of the nicotine in his system that his body craves for.
    When you smoke bud; your reaction timing slows, your brain swells and you feel light headed.
    I guess the diet impact along with the smoking was just too much.
    That's what I think anyway hahah!

weezbad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah after that I defiantly going to stop for this workout I thought I was dieing :S ! thank for the replies!

dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dizzy242 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn bro hook a brotha up! lol

Seriously though sounds like your body just wasn't having it or you got some laced bud. I smoke every night before bed......yes even during the 12 week program and never experienced what your describing. I'd advise to lay off it for a bit, cause what you described doesn't sound right at all.
    **Misc Cologne Crew**

Decants available. Amouage, CDG, Le Labo, MFK, Byredo Canada Only.

It's really quite simple....... either you do it or you don't.

Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey,i like the way workouts are planned.But i personally made the workout days

Mond-Legs/calves
    Wed-Chest/Tricep/Shoulder
    Frid-Back/Bicep

I appreciate the time you took to help the community,however,i am not on steroids and learned that all those excessive excersises tend to be unnecessary.Such excercises like the skull crusher/combo.The previous workouts like the bench press and pushdowns/reverse are good enough for hitting triceps.Extra is like unncesary torcher to muscles for an average joe like myself with nothing extra helping body to rebuild.Thanks for the time for the workouts though,i appreciate it,I simply will just cut extras out

For anyone still reading cut out the deadlifts,developed back pains year ago when started lifting,no need for extra strain

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Will390 View Post
    Hey,i like the way workouts are planned.But i personally made the workout days

Mond-Legs/calves
    Wed-Chest/Tricep/Shoulder
    Frid-Back/Bicep

I appreciate the time you took to help the community,however,i am not on steroids and learned that all those excessive excersises tend to be unnecessary.Such excercises like the skull crusher/combo.The previous workouts like the bench press and pushdowns/reverse are good enough for hitting triceps.Extra is like unncesary torcher to muscles for an average joe like myself with nothing extra helping body to rebuild.Thanks for the time for the workouts though,i appreciate it,I simply will just cut extras out

For anyone still reading cut out the deadlifts,developed back pains year ago when started lifting,no need for extra strain
    Deadlifts have helped me with my back pains. Also, people are having amazing results with the program with no changes...just some food for thought.

vaultman765 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TBWebb View Post
    Why dont you just fill out some of the surveys that youre advertising in your signature?
    Haha, yeah I am... I feel like continuing looking for a job is a better use of time though ;-)
    -Every time you stay out late….
    -Every time you sleep in…
    -Every time you miss a workout
    -Every time you don’t give 100%
    .... You make it that much easier for me to beat you!

BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBBoxing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, my short term memory is gone . I guess I'm doing something right. Changing over from n.o. Xplode2.0 to c4 and am curious to see what the diference is.

Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will390 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xyas View Post
    Deadlifts have helped me with my back pains. Also, people are having amazing results with the program with no changes...just some food for thought.
    Yes but over-hitting the muscles i hit already,nothing good can from it.Only time ill do that extra isolations if i may Juice in all honesty.its a fun program with slight twists every week but the workouts tend to make me be 1-1 and half hr in gym which is unnecesary for JUST solid lifting when im natural

,as if im adding cardio,which reminds me..i gotta :3

An example of what/how i edit is me for week 2 for chest/triceps+my added shoulders

=-=-=-Chest/Tricep/Shoulders

Flat Dumbbell Press
    2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps
    2 sets to failure in 6-8 reps

Flat Bench Flyes(isolation,may change with incline or remain)
    1 warm-up set of 8-10 reps
    4 sets to failure in 8-10 reps

Tricep Cable Pushdowns
    1 warm-up set of 8-10 reps, 2 sets to failure in 16-18 reps, 1 drop set to failure

Reverse Cable Pushdowns(may switch with tricep kickbacks)
    1 warm-up set of 8-10 reps, 2 sets to failure in 16-18 reps, 1 drop set to failure
    Giant Set:

Simple Shoulder press (barbell or dumbell,either or,depends on how i feel )
    1 warm up set of 8-10 reps
    2 sets to failure in 8-10 reps, 1 drop set to failure
    Superset:

Side Lateral Raise
    3 sets to failure in 12-16 reps

Dumbbell Shrug
    3 sets to failure in 12-20 reps

Reverse Machine Flyes
    7 sets of 12-16 reps
    Last edited by Will390; 02-21-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Page 123 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast